New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The two hormonal ponies walked to Lone Star's tower-home place, with large amounts of kissing, sauce, and affection thrown in the whole way there. Like, they could've made a pizza.

And then they got there, and entered the extremely dark house.

Lone Star grinned as he shut the door behind him. Ah, alone at last. He turned and kissed Es deeply.
    "Indeed..." Esmeralda murmured, kissing back eagerly. Her tail swished about eagerly as she melted into the kiss, ever so ready to engage in such. If sauce were to be had, then black screen.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Indeed..." Esmeralda murmured, kissing back eagerly. Her tail swished about eagerly as she melted into the kiss, ever so ready to engage in such. If sauce were to be had, then black screen.
    Sauce is had. Sauce is had sooooo hard it cracks reality.

When the crack seals up again thanks to Doctor Whooves and the black screen comes back up again, Es and Lone Star are cuddling on the floor.

The very uncomfortable wooden floor.

In retrospect, we reaaaaally should've gotten to the bed first. Lone Star muttered, though he was still grinning wide and basking in afterglow.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Sauce is had. Sauce is had sooooo hard it cracks reality.

When the crack seals up again thanks to Doctor Whooves and the black screen comes back up again, Es and Lone Star are cuddling on the floor.

The very uncomfortable wooden floor.

In retrospect, we reaaaaally should've gotten to the bed first. Lone Star muttered, though he was still grinning wide and basking in afterglow.
    "Still worth it," Esmeralda said, licking his snout, grinning back.

"Now that we had our... desserts, let's get down to business, shall we?" She tapped her chin. "Icy already has Imperial Guard and some Dau armies for her own, but I personally don't care for their do-good backgrounds. Mmmm, Chaos Space Mareines sounds tempting though."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero
    Aero does remove the bandages.
    "..."
    "Boy, cover your ears and close your eyes till I tap on your shoulder for you to stop."
    he directed at Miles.
    Turning his attention to Aisis, he grimaces.
    "The spearhead is still inside of you...I'm going to have to remove it."
    "Don't worry...I did this often in my army days when I was a medic."

Opening up his backpack and removing the medical kit again, he looks at Aisis.
    "Are you ready to do this? If it isn't removed you could die because of it."
    Miles Lowers his head, closes his eyes and puts his hooves over his ears.

Aisis doesn't seem to react much.
    "If it's going to make it stop hurting just because I step once, then yes, do it"

---------------------------------------------
    Inside the mountain valley

John
    "Oh, Bridle Shores won't attack you. You should worry more about the Princess. Bridle Shores has no standing army and is weak from attacks..."
    "Send assassins into Bridle Shores, that should take care of them."
    "And I'll send you fresh troops right away."
    The Princess.... he doesn't seem like much from outside the armor, but inside, he seems annoyed to the fact he has to worry about her.
    Alright, I'll send 2 of my men, they already posses gloomium, should be able to completely eliminate them.
    He bows when he mentions the reinforcements.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Snowflake chuckled, not noticing Luka's odd behaviour. "I think I have a little experience of that myself. Flameshield and I were up against this huge moose that day. Lucky for us he was quite clumsy and repeatedly smashed himself against the buildings instead of us. We ended up subduing him with our swords and a lucky strike from a storm nearby."
    He shakes his hoof a bit
    "That's pretty much a case, when you're fighting you want to be fast, tough and hit hard, in my case I'm though, my sister has a greatsword and my little brother has proven pretty good at moving around.
    I don't really know much about mooses, most of the time back at the village we were just hiding from everyone else out of fear to the Iron Hoof, then when it was proven, isolated, I guess that's when we started using other sources for powers"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-08 at 10:36 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

"Still worth it," Esmeralda said, licking his snout, grinning back.

"Now that we had our... desserts, let's get down to business, shall we?" She tapped her chin. "Icy already has Imperial Guard and some Dau armies for her own, but I personally don't care for their do-good backgrounds. Mmmm, Chaos Space Mareines sounds tempting though."
    Lone Star snuggled her closer to him, petting at her flank with one of his hind legs. Chaos Space Mareines would probably work okay, and I got an army of them, but it's Tzeentchian or whatever Tzeentch's jerkbags are, so they're mostly spellcasters and ranged. Is that a problem?

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The nurse nodded. Ponies in Bridle Shores quickly learn the value of smiling and nodding. "If you decide to stay, we're usually short-hooved here. Too many patients and not enough doctors without severe head trauma." As if to prove her point, the sound of maniacal laughter came from a closed door behind them. Dr. Usurper must've had an early start today. "If you need work, we can at least keep you on for basic care."
    "I object to the term 'work'. I prefer 'volunteer'. As in, 'for free'. Aside from that though, I think I'd enjoy coming down here regularly. Even with the chance of guts."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    He got a little distracted by the kinda hot looking waitress for a second before Astrid cleared her throat to get Balboa's attention. He glanced at her and then at Mystic. "Right...yes, actually, I may have a nice...task for you, one suited to be heard in a more private place." He was mostly referring to Mystic's servants as he trusted the four he brought with him.
    "Very well. If you prefer, we can go somewhere else, or I can kick everypony else out." Mystic offers. Honestly, Balboa had no reason not to trust her at this point. If she wanted to kill him, he'd already be dead. Though, he has plot armor since he's a PC, so that's not entirely true in this case.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

And so, moving the scene along, shall we say they made it to the Cirrus without incident?
    [Sandy - Cirrus - Presuming the ponies are heading back]

Sandy's ears perked up at the familiar sound of a hover-engine. There was only one thing it could be. "Hover! Hover! They've come back!" he shouted down the hallway as he raced full-speed to the hangar. His hooves were a little greasy from his side projects, and he looked a mess from not sleeping, but now wasn't the time to pretty himself up. He stood sat at attention, waiting for the hovertank to make its way inside.
    The Cirrus

Hovertank, wagon, whatever it was exactly that was used to transport them arrived in the hanger. Gearstride was the first to pop out and saluted Sandy.

"At ease *insert rank* Shores."

=========================
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Very well. If you prefer, we can go somewhere else, or I can kick everypony else out." Mystic offers. Honestly, Balboa had no reason not to trust her at this point. If she wanted to kill him, he'd already be dead. Though, he has plot armor since he's a PC, so that's not entirely true in this case.

Mystic's Manor

"Mmmm, whatever's a quicker method,"
    He smirked. It wasn't a case of him not trusting her, he just didn't trust her NPC employees, loose lips sink empires and all that.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-09 at 05:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star snuggled her closer to him, petting at her flank with one of his hind legs. Chaos Space Mareines would probably work okay, and I got an army of them, but it's Tzeentchian or whatever Tzeentch's jerkbags are, so they're mostly spellcasters and ranged. Is that a problem?
    Esmeralda frowned. "I don't know. I think I'd prefer an army that gets up close and brutal. How about the Necrons?"

The Cirrus
    Hovertank, wagon, whatever it was exactly that was used to transport them arrived in the hanger. Gearstride was the first to pop out and saluted Sandy.

"Good to see you again, Sandy," Silverpine greeted tiredly, smiling up at the unicorn.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda frowned. "I don't know. I think I'd prefer an army that gets up close and brutal. How about the Necrons?"
    Cue Lone Star's deadpanned expression. You don't know much about Neighcrons, do you?

He got up and moved over to where he kept his armies (giving Es a very nice view). Well, let's see... my Grey Knightmares are built for melee but terrible for beginners... And i was a beginner when i made them, so they suck insanely even if you have access to Icy's knowledge of the game... Space Dragons, maybe... Or Blood Angels... Nah, they rely on ranged weapons in concert with melee to work properly... Oooh! How about Rainbow Scars? They're mostly pegasi but if you want melee and/or fast, they're the way to go.

How a writer managed to earn enough money to get and maintain this many armies is a question best left to the same mystery box of the universe as questions like 'if a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation' or 'do trainers eat their pokemon' or even 'does slaanesh sit or stand when it pees'.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-05-09 at 08:20 AM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "I object to the term 'work'. I prefer 'volunteer'. As in, 'for free'. Aside from that though, I think I'd enjoy coming down here regularly. Even with the chance of guts."
    [Bridle Shores Clinic]

That earned a raised eyebrow from the nurse. Ponies didn't just up and offer free service in this day and age. "Really. Well, I'm not one to look a gift pony in the mouth. You can come down and help if you like, though only if there is another pony on call to keep an eye on you. Behave yourself, and you'll do fine. Any other questions?"

The Cirrus

(That'd be Sergent)

[The Cirrus - Hangar]

"As you wish, Cap'n." Sandy took a more comfortable position in his wheelchair.

"Good to see you again, Sandy," Silverpine greeted tiredly, smiling up at the unicorn.
    Not even his rigorous discipline could keep the sigh of relief in. Or keep him from grinning like a big goofball. "Silverpine. Good to see you're back with us again, buddy."

(Should probably wait for Blaze, Rainbow, whoever else is here)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-09 at 10:10 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Cue Lone Star's deadpanned expression. You don't know much about Neighcrons, do you?

He got up and moved over to where he kept his armies (giving Es a very nice view). Well, let's see... my Grey Knightmares are built for melee but terrible for beginners... And i was a beginner when i made them, so they suck insanely even if you have access to Icy's knowledge of the game... Space Dragons, maybe... Or Blood Angels... Nah, they rely on ranged weapons in concert with melee to work properly... Oooh! How about Rainbow Scars? They're mostly pegasi but if you want melee and/or fast, they're the way to go.

How a writer managed to earn enough money to get and maintain this many armies is a question best left to the same mystery box of the universe as questions like 'if a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation' or 'do trainers eat their pokemon' or even 'does slaanesh sit or stand when it pees'.
    Esmeralda chuckled. "Let's just say I rather not use Icy's knowledge for this, even if I do have access to them. Rainbow Scars, you say? Hmmmmm, I like the sound of that. Tell me more."

[The Cirrus - Hangar]

"As you wish, Cap'n." Sandy took a more comfortable position in his wheelchair.

Not even his rigorous discipline could keep the sigh of relief in. Or keep him from grinning like a big goofball. "Silverpine. Good to see you're back with us again, buddy."

(Should probably wait for Blaze, Rainbow, whoever else is here)
    "Yeah, well, being on the verge of death isn't fun either," Silverpine riposted playfully.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda chuckled. "Let's just say I rather not use Icy's knowledge for this, even if I do have access to them. Rainbow Scars, you say? Hmmmmm, I like the sound of that. Tell me more."
    (Let's just assume the rules are either easier to learn or one of the few things Es took from Icy's mind, m'kay?)

Basically, your biggest advantage with the Rainbow Scars is going to be speed.

All of your Pegasi and Earth pony forces can move 12 inches, and the former can potentially boost another 12 in the shooting phase. Earth ponies have higher attack and wounds than other armies, and roll three dice instead of two for running. Unicorns are a bit weaker here - they don't get any special movement rules (even teleportation) and almost all of their abilities are utility - for making your pegasi faster or your earth ponies stronger but they're not built for melee anyway, so you probably won't take many of them...

If you take a pegasus as an HQ choice all your pegasi can count as troop units OR fast attack. So you could make an entire army capable of moving 24 inches a turn - believe me, that's MUCH better than it sounds.

The army's shooting is relatively poor and their vehicles aren't anything special, but they make up for it by being beasts in melee. I don't remember the exact stats at the moment but I do know they're tough.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Mystic's Manor

"Mmmm, whatever's a quicker method,"
    He smirked. It wasn't a case of him not trusting her, he just didn't trust her NPC employees, loose lips sink empires and all that.
    Mystic kicks all of her useless servants out of the dining room. She waits for Balboa to start talking while she continues to nom on things.

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Miles Lowers his head, closes his eyes and puts his hooves over his ears.

Aisis doesn't seem to react much.
    "If it's going to make it stop hurting just because I step once, then yes, do it"
    Aero
    Aero nods, removing the wooden rod from the kit. It was covered with marks from teeth that gripped it in the past.
    He'll try to put it in her mouth.
    "Bite down on that."
    He'll then remove from the kit the tweezers, and then remove the spearhead.
    He'll wipe away the blood and then quickly remove the suture and stitch up the wound.
    He'll then pour more numbing potion in it and then bandage it again.
    Hopefully, this all works!

John
    John nods.
    "Good. I expect your report still later."
    And then disappeared again!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

(Let's just assume the rules are either easier to learn or one of the few things Es took from Icy's mind, m'kay?)

Basically, your biggest advantage with the Rainbow Scars is going to be speed.

All of your Pegasi and Earth pony forces can move 12 inches, and the former can potentially boost another 12 in the shooting phase. Earth ponies have higher attack and wounds than other armies, and roll three dice instead of two for running. Unicorns are a bit weaker here - they don't get any special movement rules (even teleportation) and almost all of their abilities are utility - for making your pegasi faster or your earth ponies stronger but they're not built for melee anyway, so you probably won't take many of them...

If you take a pegasus as an HQ choice all your pegasi can count as troop units OR fast attack. So you could make an entire army capable of moving 24 inches a turn - believe me, that's MUCH better than it sounds.

The army's shooting is relatively poor and their vehicles aren't anything special, but they make up for it by being beasts in melee. I don't remember the exact stats at the moment but I do know they're tough.
    (Alright. I brought this topic up partly because I have little clue as to how other armies are arranged. So... I'm assuming here you're basing them on the White Scars.)

Esmeralda nodded as she took in the factoids, and picked up one of the Rainbow Scars miniatures to study them more carefully. "This sounds more and more to my liking," she said, a slow grin breaking on her face.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-05-09 at 01:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, well, being on the verge of death isn't fun either," Silverpine riposted playfully.

"We should get you to your quarters lieutenant, so that you can continue on your road to one hundred percent recovery,"
    Gearstride stepped in with a nod.

Mystic kicks all of her useless servants out of the dining room. She waits for Balboa to start talking while she continues to nom on things.

"I'm sure someone as smart as you have already heard about the rumors about Celestia's return, correct?"
    He asked taking a gauging tone to his voice.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure someone as smart as you have already heard about the rumors about Celestia's return, correct?"
    He asked taking a gauging tone to his voice.
    "It's one of the things that prompted me to leave the dark forces. I'm fairly certain I'm already guilty of treason, I don't need my liege to also suspect me of planning Regicide." Mystic says.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-05-09 at 01:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

"It's one of the things that prompted me to leave the dark forces. I'm fairly certain I'm already guilty of treason, I don't need my liege to also suspect me of planning Regicide." Mystic says.

"Right. Anywhom, I recently acquired from a good and trusted source that some anti Celestia fanatics, this silly little group who call themselves Luna Purists have have been spreading the wrong rumors in regards to her return. Certain groups who want to start a war again have decided to use these false rumors as truths and spread them to the Zebrican Nation."
    He gave for a moment of pause.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

"Right. Anywhom, I recently acquired from a good and trusted source that some anti Celestia fanatics, this silly little group who call themselves Luna Purists have have been spreading the wrong rumors in regards to her return. Certain groups who want to start a war again have decided to use these false rumors as truths and spread them to the Zebrican Nation."
    He gave for a moment of pause.
    "Alright...What would you like me to do about it?" Mystic asks in response.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

(Alright. I brought this topic up partly because I have little clue as to how other armies are arranged. So... I'm assuming here you're basing them on the White Scars.)

Esmeralda nodded as she took in the factoids, and picked up one of the Rainbow Scars miniatures to study them more carefully. "This sounds more and more to my liking," she said, a slow grin breaking on her face.
    (Sorta. I don't actually have a codex for them - I just know they primarily use bikes, and their bikers count as troops when one of their commanders has a bike. So I kinda made it up as i went along)

We could play a smaller game with 'em first - see if you like how they work. He offered.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-05-09 at 02:23 PM.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #472

Aero
    Aero nods, removing the wooden rod from the kit. It was covered with marks from teeth that gripped it in the past.
    He'll try to put it in her mouth.
    "Bite down on that."
    He'll then remove from the kit the tweezers, and then remove the spearhead.
    He'll wipe away the blood and then quickly remove the suture and stitch up the wound.
    He'll then pour more numbing potion in it and then bandage it again.
    Hopefully, this all works!
    She bites the rod, when he's just grabbing the spearhead it does hurt while he removes it, but when it completely goes out it could feel like a cold relief, and after Aero's done fixing the wound then Aisis' able to walk normaly again without feeling pain, she just steps a little to test, then smiles in approvement.

"Not bad, that will get rid of that problem"

She looks behind her and sees the colimn going back.... And she's still like "meh"

Mile is still on the floor with his eyes closed and covering his ears with his hooves

"Can I see yet?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    John
    John nods.
    "Good. I expect your report still later."
    And then disappeared again!
    Just as John dissapears, Doth sees the army is already coming back, he signals at 2 black-clad earth ponies.
    Whitestone, Ironblade, you two have another mission into the town, I need you to find and eliminate 2 survivors in there, a yellow unicorn and a brown colt, and if you find another one, get him or her too, now go already
    Whitestone looked like he was going to ask something, but was interrupted, both just bow and leave.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473

Aero
    Aero puts away the medic kit again, and taps Mile so he knows he can uncover his eyes and ears again.
    "Alright, now let's get to Bridle Shores..."
    And he begins walking in that direction once again!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright...What would you like me to do about it?" Mystic asks in response.

"I'd like you to put a permanent stop to them before incorrect information could ignite another war,"
    He said with a lopsidedly smirk.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd like you to put a permanent stop to them before incorrect information could ignite another war,"
    He said with a lopsidedly smirk.
    "We've had enough casualties as-is. How would you suggest going about this? Making them disappear seems like a poor choice, as does threatening them. Having them disappear might make it seem like the rumors were true after all." She responds.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bridle Shores Clinic]
    That earned a raised eyebrow from the nurse. Ponies didn't just up and offer free service in this day and age. "Really. Well, I'm not one to look a gift pony in the mouth. You can come down and help if you like, though only if there is another pony on call to keep an eye on you. Behave yourself, and you'll do fine. Any other questions?"
    He winces briefly at the reference to the old slave trade, but gets over it and nods. "I think that's it. I'll get to work on that contact and be back before sundown. I figure it'll take her...a day? To get here, though. In the meantime, at least it's quiet." Brief aside glance.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

"We've had enough casualties as-is. How would you suggest going about this? Making them disappear seems like a poor choice, as does threatening them. Having them disappear might make it seem like the rumors were true after all." She responds.

"Please don't put extra words in my mouth that weren't said, that's awfully annoying,"
    He said with a smile. "Just put a permanent stop them, how is up to you. Consider this a sort of exam so I can see how well you'll do."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-09 at 06:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

"Please don't put extra words in my mouth that weren't said, that's awfully annoying,"
    He said with a smile. "Just put a permanent stop them, how is up to you. Consider this a sort of exam so I can see how we'll you'll do."
    "Alright. I'll do whatever seems best at the time." Mystic says simply. She'd have to think on the best way to go about this.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright. I'll do whatever seems best at the time." Mystic says simply. She'd have to think on the best way to go about this.

"Splendid Miss Mystic,"
    He said jovially and clopped his fore hooves together as Astrid in the meanwhile jotted down the notes and was a good NPC secretary and all. He finished his water and cleared his throat.

"The meal was wonderful, thank you for that. I'll have a nice manilla folder sent to you later. In the meanwhile, I would just love, love a tour of your fabulous home, if you could be so kind milady."
    He affably smiled.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

"Splendid Miss Mystic,"
    He said jovially and clopped his fore hooves together as Astrid in the meanwhile jotted down the notes and was a good NPC secretary and all. He finished his water and cleared his throat.

"The meal was wonderful, thank you for that. I'll have a nice manilla folder sent to you later. In the meanwhile, I would just love, love a tour of your fabulous home, if you could be so kind milady."
    He affably smiled.
    "I'd prefer if we stuck to the highlights of the house for now instead of giving you a tour of the entire building. Most rooms look nice, but this mansion had been abandoned for years before you moved in, and in some rooms it definitely shows." She says, and I don't feel like going into detail other than saying "it's very very big." so I'm just going to assume they go through the whole thing offscreen.