New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Silent nodded in thanks to them both as his horn faintly glowed. He picked up the two items and started to write something. After a moment he showed it to Snowflake.

'Sorry we didn't get there earlier, is Flameshield alright?'
    Snowflake nodded softly. "He'll be fine, though I think he might be getting off with a limp. Doc said the cuts were pretty bad. They still don't know about the unnatural sleep they're in though, save for the fact that it's magical."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Blaze
    Blaze goes downstairs then, just catching the smell of cooking pork as he reaches the first step.
    That makes him run down those steps as fast as lightning.
    When he gets to the basement he closes the door behind him.
    "THECRAZYPONYISCOOKINGAPIG."
    Mach boggles at the crazy outburst. By ham cooking, the meaning was the two officers being completely in deniable about how much they love each other. Sappy ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tyrol follows after him, after a quick word with Luka to stay with Snowflake and the others for the time being. If Beayn was going to guard the gate, he wasn't about to let him do it alone.
    Baeyn makes it to the gate with Tyrol. Of course, he tries to stay dry as possible by staying close to the gate and any potential cover around it. He'd stay there until relieved, of course.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Snowflake nodded softly. "He'll be fine, though I think he might be getting off with a limp. Doc said the cuts were pretty bad. They still don't know about the unnatural sleep they're in though, save for the fact that it's magical."
    Silent furrowed his brows and glanced away. He flipped the pad to a new sheet of paper and began to write again. He then stopped scratching out what he wrote and put the pad and pencil down. He just tiredly smiled, his own pains aching. He just bobbed his head a little in a 'i'm glad they'll be alright' sort of way.

Silent Snow, a little after this would just remain, well, silent and try to drift off to sleep.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Baeyn makes it to the gate with Tyrol. Of course, he tries to stay dry as possible by staying close to the gate and any potential cover around it. He'd stay there until relieved, of course.
    And relief did come eventually. Lemongrass galloped through the rain with another six NPC guards hot on his tail. With Storm Cloak. Tyrol saluted as Storm came to stop in front of the two, the rainwater dripping merrily from his blond mane. His face was considerably less merry. "This town has an accursed luck. Good work, ponies." He nodded at the NPC guards to take their positions. "Looks like we know they're coming. And they want us to know."

Silent furrowed his brows and glanced away. He flipped the pad to a new sheet of paper and began to write again. He then stopped scratching out what he wrote and put the pad and pencil down. He just tiredly smiled, his own pains aching. He just bobbed his head a little in a 'i'm glad they'll be alright' sort of way.

Silent Snow, a little after this would just remain, well, silent and try to drift off to sleep.
    Snowflake nodded sleepily, then turned as a nurse touched her shoulders. "Miss. You need to rest as well. Doctor's orders." Snowflake nodded and allowed herself to be led to her own bed at the other end. Luka... well... Luka was welcome to make himself at home at the floor if he wanted to.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

And relief did come eventually. Lemongrass galloped through the rain with another six NPC guards hot on his tail. With Storm Cloak. Tyrol saluted as Storm came to stop in front of the two, the rainwater dripping merrily from his blond mane. His face was considerably less merry. "This town has an accursed luck. Good work, ponies." He nodded at the NPC guards to take their positions. "Looks like we know they're coming. And they want us to know."
    West of the town

Whitestone and Ironblade walk to the center of the boulder field. they stop there and look to the ground.

"It's done, get us back, we got to report"
    then a dim voice could be heard from that part of the ground
    "good, are you sure nobody's followed you there?"
    "It's raining out here, if they did, they'd lose us"
    "Alright, just stay there for a while"
    Both stand at the center of it, then suddenly a purple circle glows on the ground, it light engulfs them, takes a ball shape, then shrinks and shoots at a ludicrous speed to the west.

--------------------------------------------------

Snowflake nodded sleepily, then turned as a nurse touched her shoulders. "Miss. You need to rest as well. Doctor's orders." Snowflake nodded and allowed herself to be led to her own bed at the other end. Luka... well... Luka was welcome to make himself at home at the floor if he wanted to.
    Luka just goes to a corner, and tries to search for his Red blanket.... Again, remembers he left his everything along his armor in Blades' workshop, but anyways, he got used to sleeping on the ground lately, so he just crouches on the corner and lets himself drift to sleep, after a while, a slight whistle would be heard from him.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Being relieved, Baeyn finds a slightly less wet segment of the wall to think the events today. "So is the mission delayed a day?" the guard asks. It seems to be getting late, and this whole event seems to have delayed them.

"Or should we go back and get Luka?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Back on the Cirrus]

Sandy glanced out at the setting sun. There'd been no word from any of the ponies off in town, and it was getting late. Maybe they just had some trouble finding that Mach pony...or maybe the guards didn't fancy a tank hovering over town...or maybe they got lost on the way... Anything to rationalize away the worst.

He wheeled over to Hover, and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. "Miss Hover? It's gettin' late. You can go on and get some shuteye if you want; I can keep an eye on things here."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Being relieved, Baeyn finds a slightly less wet segment of the wall to think the events today. "So is the mission delayed a day?" the guard asks. It seems to be getting late, and this whole event seems to have delayed them.

"Or should we go back and get Luka?"
    Storm Cloak looked out in the rain, across the muddy grounds and the dark forest beyond. "I think we can officially say that mission was rendered obsolete by this development. But that doesn't mean we don't need to know how many are actually heading this way. Fortunately, since they came from the west, we can now post our own pegasi to patrol that area." He glanced at Beayn. "Go get some rest. We'll need you at your best when they do attack."

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Luka just goes to a corner, and tries to search for his Red blanket.... Again, remembers he left his everything along his armor in Blades' workshop, but anyways, he got used to sleeping on the ground lately, so he just crouches on the corner and lets himself drift to sleep, after a while, a slight whistle would be heard from him.
    Snowflake herself drifted to sleep as well, and soon the entire hospital room was quiet.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just going to officially end the day for my ponies right here.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

She turns to Blades halfway through the town, making sure nopony was around. "So...where do we go?"

Dr. Horne

Day Ended

Taylor

Day Ended
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    She turns to Blades halfway through the town, making sure nopony was around. "So...where do we go?"
    "Well, we just need to finish a couple things, 'n then we head to the shop 'n sleep, 'n deal with the rest tomorrow! Ya'll want to stay inside, though, in case Horne sends anything more at ya."

And so, unless there's something not covered, the Day Ended for Blades and her apprentice.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy - Back on the Cirrus]

Sandy glanced out at the setting sun. There'd been no word from any of the ponies off in town, and it was getting late. Maybe they just had some trouble finding that Mach pony...or maybe the guards didn't fancy a tank hovering over town...or maybe they got lost on the way... Anything to rationalize away the worst.

He wheeled over to Hover, and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. "Miss Hover? It's gettin' late. You can go on and get some shuteye if you want; I can keep an eye on things here."
    Yeah, it's late. Good night. Hover drops her tools in a box to kicks it to the side. She flutters away to her room but leaves with a message. "Don't call me Miss. I don't like titles."

Rainbow hops into the landed Hovertank and lays back until she falls asleep.

/endday for all
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Yeah, it's late. Good night. Hover drops her tools in a box to kicks it to the side. She flutters away to her room but leaves with a message. "Don't call me Miss. I don't like titles."
    Sandy gave a brief salute to the departing pilot. "As you wish, Hover. Pleasant dreams." Sandy sat in his chair, putting the finishing touches on the breaker for Hover and occasionally peeking out the window. Soon, however, the approaching night ruined his view of the town. No way he'd see them approaching at this hour. The engineer wheeled himself over to the main viewscreen and called up the radar. And the security system. Best to make sure everything was locked down tight. And while he was at it, he might as well run a basic systems diagnostic. Seeing how he had the time and all. Once those were done, he thought to double-check the security. Sometimes the system got confused and shut things off after the diagnostic check. And while he was thinking about it, maybe the fuel lines hadn't been scanned recently...

[A few hours later]

Sandy had run out of systems to check, the away team hadn't returned, and he still didn't feel the slightest bit tired. He tried counting the rivets in the ceiling tiles, but he didn't even get into the high hundreds before his thoughts turned back to Silverpine. Trying to think of some sort of explanation for the Captain's long silence that didn't involve...well, it didn't bear much thinking about. He wheeled himself to the window, and gazed up at the moon, shining in the night sky. Luna...I don't know if you can hear me, or if you'd even care about a luckless midget of a unicorn, but if you're gettin' this, could you please watch over my buddy Silverpine? Luna's moon shone on, oblivious to his prayers. With nothing else to busy himself with, Sandy would spend the rest of the night doing odd chores; magically tidying up (especially Rainbow's quarters), running additional scans, and keeping that bottle of root beer on Silverpine's desk nice and cold.

/endponyday
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #194

Storm Cloak looked out in the rain, across the muddy grounds and the dark forest beyond. "I think we can officially say that mission was rendered obsolete by this development. But that doesn't mean we don't need to know how many are actually heading this way. Fortunately, since they came from the west, we can now post our own pegasi to patrol that area." He glanced at Beayn. "Go get some rest. We'll need you at your best when they do attack."

"Right sir, I'll drop off the expedition supplies off back at the guardhouse,"
    Baeyn replies before slogging off. He's very interested in getting out of the rain at the least.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right sir, I'll drop off the expedition supplies off back at the guardhouse,"
    Baeyn replies before slogging off. He's very interested in getting out of the rain at the least.
    "You do that... you do that..." Storm said absent-mindedly, already turning towards another of the NPC guards. Feeling neglected, Tyrol and Lemongrass turned, only to be called back again. "You two! You're not going anywhere. Unlike that egghead over there, you can actually fight. So you're also standing watch for the night. Lemongrass, report to Sergeant Clear Skies. He'll slot you in for a night patrol."

"Aw, man!" Lemongrass cried.

Tyrol just shook his head and sighed. "Yes, sir."

It was going to be a long night of the both of them.

/endponyday
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-30 at 02:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Seeing that the assembled crew seems, at least in part, desiring to stay, Mach looks around and gets a little embarrassed about how ill-prepared for these sorts of things.

"Well there's a couch upstairs and a bed on the second floor for anypony that needs a place to sleep... I'll ah, stay here and monitor things I guess."

/pony day tentative
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

((Starting off tentatively, as I'm not sure if there's a time limit, or if I'm jumping the gun))

Taylor

Taylor woke up early as always and went outside the tent to greet the dawn. Daniel was too heavily into his dreams to notice, though Taylor smiled warmly at his companion. To him, this would always be the greatest part of his day. To greet the sun like a friend, to greet a new beginning. It fueled his optimism, his faith, his hope.

And now it would fuel him through the trials of the coming morn.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

[mindfreak essentially told me Blaze's day was done]

Moving On-Next Day

Fox Trot- Town Gate-7:50 am

It was nice cold morning, the rain shower from the day before finally having had gone settled down during the night. The air smelled of ozone, nice wet dirty dirt. There were still some clouds providing a thick cloud cover, washing the town in a shade of gray.

A certain mocha stallion with a minor headache stood at the town gate, casually nodding at the new gate guards that were dispatched earlier that night. He adorned himself in his usual dapper wear, but also sported a coat as it was chilly out. He waited for the others, particularly Grills. Also, he had very little memory of a certain letter he wrote to a certain mare.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Heavy Metal Ironworking Shop]

As the sun came up, Blades opened her eyes and looked around. "Oh, hey, it's day again! 'N we've got things to do today, haven't we?"

She fixed a quick breakfast for herself and Arvadraa, then began gathering up supplies she'd need (in other words, weapons). Once she and her apprentice were both ready, she stopped only to admire her shop's new sign before heading for the gate to meet the others.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa, for her part, took two things - Her knife (which now had the inscription of 'Wolfsbane' on the hilt), and her owl.

And really, what more could a mare ask for?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

[Shell Shock/West Gate]

"Gooooood morning, laddies!" Shell Shock cheerfully greeted as he trotted up to the group. His saddlebags seemed to be bulging with all sorts, and his trusty grenade launcher slung neatly behind his back. He eyed the two mares with his one good eye. "Why, I didn't know we would be bringing a wee lass like you," he said, referring to Arvadaa. "What might yer special talent be?"

[Icy Touch/Home]

The icy mare just woke up from a pleasant dream and yawned sleepily. Looks like it was going to be a nice day indeed. After doing her morning routine, regular argument with Esmeralda and her cup of tea, she went to get her mail, of which there seems to be an awful lot of late, mostly relating to the destruction of her property. Sighing, she began going through each one, flipping them neatly into a to-do basket before stopping at a particular letter. "Fox Trot?" she wondered aloud. She lifted the letter up and inspected it. Seemed to have been mailed in a hurry, ink smudges still visible on the envelope cover. "Huh, I wonder what that silly colt is up to now..." she continued, as she opened the letter and began to read.

[Tyrol/West Gate]

Tyrol sighed, and stretched his legs, a little sore after having to stand the all night watch. He eyed the newcomers with curiosity, some he already knew, some not so much.

[Silverpine/Mach's Basement]

The lieutenant peeked an eye open, groaning a little as the aches all over his body reasserted themselves. He was suddenly aware of a very warm body on his neck... ohLunaitsGearstridewhatthehayoh- He took a deep breath to calm himself, then gently poked the captain with a hoof. "Captain... wake up..." he said gently, trying not to move or anything that might unsettle the xanadu mare.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-05-01 at 08:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Clinic

Luka just wakes up, stretching a bit and yawning silently, he blinks a few times to try to get his sight a bit more awake and look around.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

[Silverpine/Mach's Basement]

The lieutenant peeked an eye open, groaning a little as the aches all over his body reasserted themselves. He was suddenly aware of a very warm body on his neck... ohLunaitsGearstridewhatthehayoh- He took a deep breath to calm himself, then gently poked the captain with a hoof. "Captain... wake up..." he said gently, trying not to move or anything that might unsettle the xanadu mare.
    The captain stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open. "Oh...hey...lieutenant...good morning," She said lifting up her head and aching neck, not the best position to sleep in. "I hope your doing well.."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

The captain stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open. "Oh...hey...lieutenant...good morning," She said lifting up her head and aching neck, not the best position to sleep in. "I hope your doing well.."
    "Morning," Silverpine said weakly, letting his hoof fall to his side again. "Not the best, but hey, we been through worse right... kinda hurts to breath though..." He leaned back and sighed. "Captain, why did you stay? You'd have gone back after I fell sleep. Certainly beats sleeping like that."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

"Morning," Silverpine said weakly, letting his hoof fall to his side again. "Not the best, but hey, we been through worse right... kinda hurts to breath though..." He leaned back and sighed. "Captain, why did you stay? You'd have gone back after I fell sleep. Certainly beats sleeping like that."

"Because....I wanted to stay by your side faithfully as you do with me,'
    She said flushing just a little light shade of pink, she knew it sounded sappy. She was surprised though with herself at how easy the words just came out, no real hesitation.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

"Because....I wanted to stay by your side faithfully as you do with me,'
    She said flushing just a little light shade of pink, she knew it sounded sappy. She was surprised though with herself at how easy the words just came out, no real hesitation.
    Silverpine was delighted to hear the words, though he quickly crushed the new twig of hope that sprung up in his heart. "That's good to hear, Captain..." he said, smiling wanly. Unsurprisingly he was blushing a little as well.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Silverpine was delighted to hear the words, though he quickly crushed the new twig of hope that sprung up in his heart. "That's good to hear, Captain..." he said, smiling wanly. Unsurprisingly he was blushing a little as well.
    She stared at him for a while with her own wan relieved smile, taking in those jade eyes, she put her hoof at his cheek, looking like she was coupling it. She leaned forward and then kissed the top of his forehead. Seconds later she was back at the original distance she was. "Is there anything I can get you right you now lieutenant?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

She stared at him for a while with her own wan relieved smile, taking in those jade eyes, she put her hoof at his cheek, looking like she was coupling it. She leaned forward and then kissed the top of his forehead. Seconds later she was back at the original distance she was. "Is there anything I can get you right you now lieutenant?"
    Dat kiss. Silverpine's blush increased threefold, and he nearly squealed in delight at the progress he was making. Totally worth the pain. He quickly recomposed his face, and coughed. "Maybe some water. I'm parched here."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Dat kiss. Silverpine's blush increased threefold, and he nearly squealed in delight at the progress he was making. Totally worth the pain. He quickly recomposed his face, and coughed. "Maybe some water. I'm parched here."
    The blush didn't go unnoticed, it made her slightly bashfully smile. "Of course." She moved from her spot to go find Mach and inquire on where he had his cups.

30. - Top - End - #210

Sleeping on the Floor - Mach

Despite it not being the most comfortable of places, Mach is currently completely detached from the world asleep in the corner. He doesn't really have the power of love or anything to tell him to wake up, so it may take some prodding.

Meanwhile, on team Mystic - Amended Clause

For Ammy in the morning, the first thing that always needs to happen is the coffee. Strong as the best of contracts, darker than the soul of a patent lawyer. Even though she wasn't involved in the... strenuous activity that seems to have happened the previous night, the mare just can't seem to wake up today.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-05-01 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show