New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1266
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [base class]

So, is the worldshaker meant to be unenterable before level 13?

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    So, is the worldshaker meant to be unenterable before level 13?
    You could easily enter at level 10.

Mutant ascendancy, check. 3 instances of Natural Armor easily available at level 10. Spell Resistance also needs 3 mutations, one to start, and two more for +6, so at level 10 you'd have 21 SR, and the DR and fast healing only need 1 mutation minimum.

Edit: The csecond table shows you have to wait until level 13 for the fourth of any 1/4 mutation, but that the third is available from 9-12 before it's maxed again.
    Last edited by Defiantnight; 2015-07-21 at 12:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

As Defiant said, Worldshaker's intended entry level is 10.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #1084

So, I've been away for a while (understatement), and coming back, I see some of the problems have been resolved, which is great. Some new ones seem to have surfaced, though- two things that come to mind first are elemental lance and fast healing. At 20th level, an evolutionist can have fast healing 15, for only 5 mutations out of a total 86, without feats or taratamorphisms. This is a little much for so little investment. The original flat one per mutation was plenty good.
    Similarly, Elemental Lance deals as much damage as an eldritch blast, but then can be used multiple times on the same target- at 20th level, again for 5 mutations, you deal 10d6 damage five times, or 50d6 damage, no save. If they don't have really good touch AC, it's essentially disintegrate without a saving throw, at will. I think changing the further mutations to allow an additional target, rather than just additional attacks, would solve the problem nicely, without stepping on the warlock's toes. Perhaps making it take more mutations to fully utilize breath weapons would similarly give dragonfire adepts fair treatment.
    All in all, though I was excited when the mutations per level increased before, looking with new eyes, I think you might be giving them too many. Several mutations give significant, even class-defining abilities for only a few instances, many being dificult to break down further to increase the investment (You only get half a pounce, Jack! ). Lowering the number of mutations would keep them from getting too many of these, and essentially being a gestalt character with a low chassis (which a few mutations can easily fix, as is).
    Still, it's a great class, one of my favorite homebrews, it justbfels like there needs to be more reason not to take it.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Just to be a bit clear, is Bash an attack? It doesn't mention an attack roll, so it would appear to be an auto-hit. On one hand, no attack roll means bypassing miss chances and AC, but it also means one can't crit or use PA. The way that Mual is worded also seems to support the auto-hit.

Also, what exactly applies to 'the damage of his slam attack' for Bash's multiplying? Would one's STR mod be multiplied (beyond the x1.5 for being two-handed)? What about things like Thorns or Amulets of Mighty Fists or Elemental Attack?

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    So, I've been away for a while (understatement), and coming back, I see some of the problems have been resolved, which is great. Some new ones seem to have surfaced, though- two things that come to mind first are elemental lance and fast healing. At 20th level, an evolutionist can have fast healing 15, for only 5 mutations out of a total 86, without feats or taratamorphisms. This is a little much for so little investment. The original flat one per mutation was plenty good.
    Similarly, Elemental Lance deals as much damage as an eldritch blast, but then can be used multiple times on the same target- at 20th level, again for 5 mutations, you deal 10d6 damage five times, or 50d6 damage, no save. If they don't have really good touch AC, it's essentially disintegrate without a saving throw, at will. I think changing the further mutations to allow an additional target, rather than just additional attacks, would solve the problem nicely, without stepping on the warlock's toes. Perhaps making it take more mutations to fully utilize breath weapons would similarly give dragonfire adepts fair treatment.
    All in all, though I was excited when the mutations per level increased before, looking with new eyes, I think you might be giving them too many. Several mutations give significant, even class-defining abilities for only a few instances, many being dificult to break down further to increase the investment (You only get half a pounce, Jack! ). Lowering the number of mutations would keep them from getting too many of these, and essentially being a gestalt character with a low chassis (which a few mutations can easily fix, as is).
    Still, it's a great class, one of my favorite homebrews, it justbfels like there needs to be more reason not to take it.
    One more thing to add to my reviews, for the record, this "Patch" will take awhile to come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Just to be a bit clear, is Bash an attack? It doesn't mention an attack roll, so it would appear to be an auto-hit. On one hand, no attack roll means bypassing miss chances and AC, but it also means one can't crit or use PA. The way that Mual is worded also seems to support the auto-hit.

Also, what exactly applies to 'the damage of his slam attack' for Bash's multiplying? Would one's STR mod be multiplied (beyond the x1.5 for being two-handed)? What about things like Thorns or Amulets of Mighty Fists or Elemental Attack?
    Bash uses an attack roll. It essentially amounts to making a single attack that deals the same damage you would do with a full attack involving all the Slam attacks you could perform.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Bash uses an attack roll. It essentially amounts to making a single attack that deals the same damage you would do with a full attack involving all the Slam attacks you could perform.
    Gotcha. That makes Maul kinda weird, though. Is a person targeted by your bash if you actually hit them with it, or just attempt to hit them?

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotcha. That makes Maul kinda weird, though. Is a person targeted by your bash if you actually hit them with it, or just attempt to hit them?
    I will have to rewrite those for the sake of clarity, but Maul is meant to trigger when you actually hit with Bash.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I will have to rewrite those for the sake of clarity, but Maul is meant to trigger when you actually hit with Bash.
    How about something like this:

Bash
    You may make a special slam attack (called a Bash) as a full-round action. This attack is considered a two handed weapon, and deals (2*amount of times this mutation has been taken) as much damage as the slam normally would, after all other modifiers.

Mual
    An enemy hit by your Bash must make a Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Chimera

Is anyone else getting a blank white tab when they try to click the prestige class links?

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, they're working fine for me.

12. - Top - End - #1092

Chimera

Gah, that's not fair, I didn't click delete on either of those posts.

Regardless, found the Progenitor v2, it's on page 20.

13. - Top - End - #1093

In my experience, if you try to access single posts, like the prestige classes, from a tablet or mobile device, they come up white pages. If you're having the difficulty on a normal computer, though, I don't know what else to say.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

14. - Top - End - #1094

Chimera

Yeah, it's from tablet. I'll go through and see what pages they're all on.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

I am experiencing a possible argument, so I want to ask.

Mutator level is equal to racial HD + levels in any mutator classes.

Does it mean that humans have 1 RHD, it is just replaced by class HD, thus qualifying for mutator feats... Or does it mean that such people like humans, aasimars, tieflings, etc, lack mutator level at all?
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    I am experiencing a possible argument, so I want to ask.

Mutator level is equal to racial HD + levels in any mutator classes.

Does it mean that humans have 1 RHD, it is just replaced by class HD, thus qualifying for mutator feats... Or does it mean that such people like humans, aasimars, tieflings, etc, lack mutator level at all?
    A human doesn't have any RHD. Period. They don't advance by HD, and they never have one. They lack a mutator level unless they have a level in a mutator class.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

A human doesn't have any RHD. Period. They don't advance by HD, and they never have one. They lack a mutator level unless they have a level in a mutator class.
    What about Aasimars? Tieflings? Elves?

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't think of it as RHD granting a mutator level inherently, look at it like ML gets a bonus equal to RHD so long as ML>0.
    Also, 1 HD gets replaced by a character level. If you see a 1RHD not-commoner (of any 1HD race), you let me know. I want to see him slaughter cats like a person should be able to.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2015-08-06 at 03:22 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

What about Aasimars? Tieflings? Elves?
    Likewise. They never have racial HD, and advance by character class. That's why the examples have them have one level of an NPC class instead.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it intentional that the epic evolutionist still gets only 3 mutations/level?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Is it intentional that the epic evolutionist still gets only 3 mutations/level?
    That's three more class features per level than most classes get at epic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm certain that you've already answered this at some point in this thread, but I'm finding myself rather confused about the Spell Weavers ability to apply metamagic. It notes that it increases the spell level as normal, but I'm not sure what that means. Spell-like abilities are based off of number per day, and are individually fixed. If I can use Light at will, how does that translate? If I took persistent spell, could I apply that at will to light? Could all my light's be persistent? I would be greatly aided by some clarification on what you mean by increased level. Would it just use the number for a spell of that level per day, so a persistent light at twentieth level could be cast three times per day? What if I cast one normal light and one persistent light?
    Please clarify, if you would.
    Last edited by Bobbybobby99; 2015-08-12 at 09:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybobby99 View Post
    I'm certain that you've already answered this at some point in this thread, but I'm finding myself rather confused about the Spell Weavers ability to apply metamagic. It notes that it increases the spell level as normal, but I'm not sure what that means. Spell-like abilities are based off of number per day, and are individually fixed. If I can use Light at will, how does that translate? If I took persistent spell, could I apply that at will to light? Could all my light's be persistent? I would be greatly aided by some clarification on what you mean by increased level. Would it just use the number for a spell of that level per day, so a persistent light at twentieth level could be cast three times per day? What if I cast one normal light and one persistent light?
    Please clarify, if you would.
    To Weave Magic, which is required to use the Spell Weaver's metamagic ability, you need an X number of arms, where X is equal to the level of the spell you intend to cast.

So to cast a persistent 4th level spell, the spell weaver would need 10 arms. Nothing else about the spell changes, including daily uses.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-08-12 at 10:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Make sure for purposes of stupidity:

If Integrated Arsenal weapon counts as natural weapon for purposes of effects that require such, can the natural weapon mutation improve it's damage? Or the Improved Natural Attack feat?

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Make sure for purposes of stupidity:

If Integrated Arsenal weapon counts as natural weapon for purposes of effects that require such, can the natural weapon mutation improve it's damage? Or the Improved Natural Attack feat?
    Sure. Filler.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Is there going to be a dragon mutator feat?
    Last edited by Elandris Kajar; 2015-08-29 at 08:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elandris Kajar View Post
    Is there going to be a dragon mutator feat?
    Why would there be? Mutant Ascendancy already allows for you to become a Dragon, and all the notable traits of dragons that I'm aware of are already available as mutations.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Orc in the Playground

the dragon ascendancy is part of the class without a feat, and all of the abilities dragons get are part of the base class' chassis. there will not be a feat because it's already part of the class.

Edit: Wow! ninja'd! I've never actually had that happen before!
    Last edited by ArkenBrony; 2015-08-30 at 10:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I mean, someone COULD make a PrC that lets you turn into a true dragon regarding aging and size and all that jazz...