New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1266
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [base class]

I have loved this class for a long while and wanted to know if there was a way to do the vampire/lich thing where all of your hit dice from any class becomes d12s. O get that you can do the increase hit point mutations, but is there anything that would transfer to other classes?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

In a few threads I've seen mention of mutators vow of poverty, is that a thing and if it is where would I find it? Or should I just sift though the 40 pages of this thread to find it?
    Last edited by nikkoli; 2016-03-25 at 10:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoli View Post
    In a few threads I've seen mention of mutators vow of poverty, is that a thing and if it is where would I find it? Or should I just sift though the 40 pages of this thread to find it?
    Perhaps my google-fu isn't up to snuff, but I couldn't find it either, and it's not been mentioned in this thread as far as I can see.

But I believe it might just be VoP with more potential abuse power because it gives bonuses based on mutator level instead of class level, and mutator level can be increased with racial Hit Dice.

(This is based entirely on this comment made in this thread, I have no other idea of what it is or other basis for the belief.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt
    Evoultionist, why, racial HD increase mutator level. And mutator vow of poverty works off mutator level, not character level. So, how much crap would you be able to buy, entering Spellweaver by 3rd level.
    Last edited by Defiantnight; 2016-03-25 at 09:33 PM.
    The best way to get information isn't to ask a question, it is to post the wrong information and wait for someone to correct you (often angrily).

Spoiler: Internets
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204

I feel certain I've seen the full text somewhere in the thread, but I have been unable to find the page. I believe the benefits of the feat were 2 extra mutations/level and an additional teratomorphism progression at 1/5 levels (5-I, 10-II, 15-III, 20-IV).

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

So my friend and I are arguing over how the racial hit dice increasing mutator level would work in a gestalt/tristalt game. He is using a racial class we wrote up for titans, but is looking for his extra class.

Anyway he is thinking that because of the line saying that RHD count for increasing mutator level that he would net 2 mutator levels per character level.

I think that because the classes are mixed together to make a super class each hit die only counts for one mutator level. I understand that if it was single class he would be right, but getting double his mutator level for all effects would increase how fast he can get more powerful stuff repeatedly, like the ability boosts.

Either way, could we have some help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    This is one of the reasons why, in my gestalt game, I have ruled, that you can't progress the same thing twice on a single level.
    Mutator level is a singular value. As usual in gestalt, if you obtain it multiple times in any given level, you only get the increase once.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkenBrony View Post
    I have loved this class for a long while and wanted to know if there was a way to do the vampire/lich thing where all of your hit dice from any class becomes d12s. O get that you can do the increase hit point mutations, but is there anything that would transfer to other classes?
    The only way to boost your HD size is to obtain one of the templates that does so. I considered putting the HD size increase once, but it just wasn't worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiantnight View Post
    Perhaps my google-fu isn't up to snuff, but I couldn't find it either, and it's not been mentioned in this thread as far as I can see.

But I believe it might just be VoP with more potential abuse power because it gives bonuses based on mutator level instead of class level, and mutator level can be increased with racial Hit Dice.

(This is based entirely on this comment made in this thread, I have no other idea of what it is or other basis for the belief.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    I feel certain I've seen the full text somewhere in the thread, but I have been unable to find the page. I believe the benefits of the feat were 2 extra mutations/level and an additional teratomorphism progression at 1/5 levels (5-I, 10-II, 15-III, 20-IV).
    Using mutations for VoP was mostly in the realm of theory and never actually put to hard values. 2 mutations per level and a lowered teratomorphism progression as VoP extras was once proposed as an option.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #1206

Chimera

Does the Rake mutation deal elemental damage twice?

Rake
    Prerequisite: Claws natural attack.
    Ability Score: None
    Benefit: The evolutionist gains two rake attacks as secondary natural weapons dealing the same damage as his claws...

Is that the same base damage or the same total damage? For instance, if both my claws dealt +1d6 fire damage, would the rakes also deal +1d6 damage, and +1d6 again for being natural weapons?

Probably rules-lawyering a little, and probably unintentional, but it was brought up and I went with 'it's the same mutation doing the fire damage, so it doesn't get doubled'.
    Last edited by Defiantnight; 2016-04-22 at 06:33 PM.
    The best way to get information isn't to ask a question, it is to post the wrong information and wait for someone to correct you (often angrily).

Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

IIRC rake is using extra limbs to scratch and tear when grappling. So since it is a different limb I would say it does not automatically get the bonus fire dice.

8. - Top - End - #1208

Chimera

Are they? I didn't know they were supposed to be separate limbs. That does solve it I suppose, so thank you.

Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Are they? I didn't know they were supposed to be separate limbs. That does solve it I suppose, so thank you.
    Claws are generally on your front-limb analogue, and are easy to bring to bear against any enemy. Rakes are usually on your rear-limb analogues, and are more difficult to bring to bear. In DnD, you get Rakes when you're grappling an enemy.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

Rake
    Benefit: The evolutionist gains two rake attacks as secondary natural weapons dealing the same damage as his claws. Rakes can be used at no penalty during grapples, but can only be used when grappling or pouncing.
    Rakes benefit from any other mutations applied to the evolutionist’s claws and are considered secondary natural weapons.
    Further Mutations: This mutation can be taken up to once per seven mutator levels.

Judging from the bolded segment, the rakes will get the fire damage if said damage is gained from a mutation. Granted, I may have misinterpreted your question and, if so, ignore me.
    Last edited by Karosa; 2016-05-03 at 01:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Karosa View Post
    Rake
    Benefit: The evolutionist gains two rake attacks as secondary natural weapons dealing the same damage as his claws. Rakes can be used at no penalty during grapples, but can only be used when grappling or pouncing.
    Rakes benefit from any other mutations applied to the evolutionist’s claws and are considered secondary natural weapons.
    Further Mutations: This mutation can be taken up to once per seven mutator levels.

Judging from the bolded segment, the rakes will get the fire damage if said damage is gained from a mutation. Granted, I may have misinterpreted your question and, if so, ignore me.
    Oh, huh. I managed to entirely miss that bolded part despite reading it over twice. I suppose I didn't register it as important, since the damage is from a blanket '+1d6 fire damage to all natural weapons' and not a specific mutation.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, huh. I managed to entirely miss that bolded part despite reading it over twice. I suppose I didn't register it as important, since the damage is from a blanket '+1d6 fire damage to all natural weapons' and not a specific mutation.
    Since the benefit is applied "to all natural weapons" and not "to claws" rake does not double dip.

Why does this even need to be clarified. It is rules lawyering 101. Ten points from Griffindor.
    Last edited by Draken; 2016-05-04 at 05:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

So if you have elemental attack for more than one element on your slams, which are also your hands, but you are weilding a club, and pick up elemental infusion do you:
    A: need elemental infusion for each element
    or
    B: need it once since they are on the same attack?

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

So if you have elemental attack for more than one element on your slams, which are also your hands, but you are weilding a club, and pick up elemental infusion do you:
    A: need elemental infusion for each element
    or
    B: need it once since they are on the same attack?
    B. Elemental Infusion is tied to the Natural Weapons, not to the Elemental Attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Alright, so friend A thinks evolve resilience scales with mutator level, after it is taken. Friend B thinks you gain 3+level when taken and does not scale. Who is correct?

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so friend A thinks evolve resilience scales with mutator level, after it is taken. Friend B thinks you gain 3+level when taken and does not scale. Who is correct?
    Friend A.

ten character minimum

17. - Top - End - #1217

MindFlayer

Curiosity, why are there no mentions of systems outside standard magic and Psionic? For instance martial disciplines would make a lot of sense. I had some people argue that they don't quite fit because they are training. But a few good examples are, Tiger Claw is literally taken form the way wild animals hunt, and Riverside view is the epitome of what Charon's intended to do. If you agree I'd like to see it as an option.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2016-05-18 at 06:15 PM.

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just as a copy editing nitpick, you use "extraordinaire" throughout when you mean "extraordinary" (at least I assume you do, since extraordinary is the term that has a RAW meaning)

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

So was the Kyorl’Zuraj paragon ever fleshed out somewhere? Because a google of that exact phrase only points me to this thread.

Also, was there ever a PF conversion for this? I know it would not be hard to do by hand but I was curious if there was ever an 'official' one.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post
    So was the Kyorl’Zuraj paragon ever fleshed out somewhere? Because a google of that exact phrase only points me to this thread.

Also, was there ever a PF conversion for this? I know it would not be hard to do by hand but I was curious if there was ever an 'official' one.
    I know someone else asked, and thus draken did make a list of changes for PF.

EDIT: Found it.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post

It's a bit light on fluff but Draken did manage to post the Kyorl'Zuraj Paragon here

22. - Top - End - #1222

Some questions and a bump...

•Can the Abduction mutation be used to transport allies? If not, can there be a mutation that permits such?

•Most craft checks require artisan's tools or a -2 penalty is taken, and masterwork tools give a +2 bonus. Does this apply to Craft (resin) checks?

•Can the Elemental Attack mutation be applied to the Spores mutation from the plant mutation list?

•In the entry for the Elemental Bomb mutation, it says:
    This ability can be treated as a breath weapon for the purposes of metabreath feats and similar abilities that affect these special attacks.
    Would Elemental Bomb gain die size increases from Dragon Ascendancy/Perfection?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Some questions and a bump...

•Can the Abduction mutation be used to transport allies? If not, can there be a mutation that permits such?

•Most craft checks require artisan's tools or a -2 penalty is taken, and masterwork tools give a +2 bonus. Does this apply to Craft (resin) checks?

•Can the Elemental Attack mutation be applied to the Spores mutation from the plant mutation list?

•In the entry for the Elemental Bomb mutation, it says: Would Elemental Bomb gain die size increases from Dragon Ascendancy/Perfection?
    Abduction allows you to transport allies, yes.

Craft (Resin) works like any other craft skill, so tools are needed (their nature is undefined) and masterwork tools benefit the skill as normal).

Spores are considered a natural attack and thus viable for elemental attack.

Yes, Dragon Ascendancy/Perfection benefits Elemental Bomb.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Can Size Increase Terratomorphism bring an Evolutionist to size bigger than Colossal (presuming one either started from Huge size or managed to get permanent size increase from other sources)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Can Size Increase Terratomorphism bring an Evolutionist to size bigger than Colossal (presuming one either started from Huge size or managed to get permanent size increase from other sources)?
    Yes, do remember that Colossal+ offers no actual benefits. The Worldshaker prc does offer something to truly go beyond Colossal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #1226

Well, no benefits other than another increase in damage dice, and I think it could technically still confer the extra +4 on Intimidate against any given size since the measurement is different. Still, both those benefits are handed out in spades by other class features.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

27. - Top - End - #1227

Chimera

Could you use natural invisibility to only make certain parts of your body invisible? Or is it all or nothing in regards to that? I'm wondering how to make a Spell Weaver with the aberration ascendancy, but with all invisible tentacles, so it looks like she's casting them out of nowhere.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Could you use natural invisibility to only make certain parts of your body invisible? Or is it all or nothing in regards to that? I'm wondering how to make a Spell Weaver with the aberration ascendancy, but with all invisible tentacles, so it looks like she's casting them out of nowhere.
    It's as the invisibility spell, so it turns a whole creature invisible.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    It's as the invisibility spell, so it turns a whole creature invisible.
    Darn. maybe I can whip up a homebrew feat or spell for it, I don't think there's a way to do it without making one.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Firbolg in the Playground

Since you can mostly determine mutation appearances as you like, you could probably just decide to fluff the regular mutation that way, DM willing - I mean, from what you've said it's mostly just a cool visual detail.