New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [3.5 base class]

so if I become undead with this class my HD doesnt change?
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    so if I become undead with this class my HD doesnt change?
    No, because if you do that you get a special subtype and keep your con score.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

under the gaze attack mutation shouldnt you be able to increase the duration of the gazes affects by taking the mutation more than once?

sorry for all the nitpicks and questions lately...Im sure it must be annoying
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-01-19 at 02:24 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any chance you could open up the Slime mutation to more elemental types, not necessarily keeping the slime aspect? There are a number of similar abilities for the other elements, such as Remorhaz's Heat ability, which work similarly.

Also, can the Warped Visage ability's miss chance be trumped by True Seeing?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2013-01-21 at 01:44 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Is there any chance you could open up the Slime mutation to more elemental types, not necessarily keeping the slime aspect? There are a number of similar abilities for the other elements, such as Remorhaz's Heat ability, which work similarly.

Also, can the Warped Visage ability's miss chance be trumped by True Seeing?
    I had been meaning to change these two, thanks for making me remember.

Changelog 21/01/2013 - Aka, the same date right on top of this post. Why did I even put a date here.

Slime - Damage increased to 2d6. Damage increase from further mutations also increased to 2d6. No longer limited to acid damage.

Elemental Nimbus - Damage is now 1d6 per two mutator levels, up from 1d6 per three mutator levels.

Warped Visage - Now gives 10% miss chance per mutation, up from 5% per mutation, maximum miss chance remains 50%. True Seeing now pierces the effect.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Does the Evolve Skills mutation's +1 skill point/level apply to all classes or only to classes with a mutator level?
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

one issue i see between natural invisibility, and warped visage.
    natural invisibility gives greater invisibility after 3 mutations, and at one mutation per 6 levels would require level 13. warped visage is 1 mutation per 3 levels, so 5 mutations to get the concealment would require also level 13. the end result of natural invisibility is 3 mutations, permanent invisibility, and therefore a 50% concealment or warped visages 5 mutations, and only 50% concealment, no extra stuff like invisibility.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Plant

Grove [Spell-like]
    Prerequisite: Verdant Servant, Mutator level 9.
    Ability Score: None
    Benefit: The evolutionist can take control of an area with a radius of 5 feet per mutator level, creating a link between him and the location, activating this ability requires one hour of uninterrupted work, but its duration is permanent afterwards. His ability can be activated repeatedly to increase the radius of the grove by 5 feet per mutator level each time, to a maximum radius of 1 mile, however, the evolutionist can only have one grove at any given time, and using this ability out of the boundaries of an existing grove breaks the connection with the old one at the same time it creates a new one. The expansion of the grove can be noticed with a Spellcraft check, DC 25. The grove does not persist through the evolutionist’s death.
    The evolutionist has a few benefits regarding his grove. First, any structures he places on a grove using Budding Creation have a permanent duration. Second, the evolutionist can link up to two verdant servants to his grove, these servants cannot leave the limits of the grove, but they do not count towards his limit. Third, the evolutionist gains two abilities chosen from the following list:
    • Bounty (Requires Nourishing Flora mutation): The evolutionist’s grove creates two produce per mutator level (identical to the Nourishing flora mutation), this produce is separate from what grows on the evolutionist’s own body. In addition, the grove produces an additional source of excellent nourishment, available once per day, that works as a Heroes’ Feast spell with a caster level equal to the character’s mutation level.
    • Miasma (requires Fragrance mutation): As a swift action, the evolutionist can fill his grove with the effects of his fragrance, this ability also applies to the Stench mutation if the evolutionist has it, and follows the same interaction rules described in fragrance.
    • Communion: As a standard action, the evolutionist can gain the benefits of the Commune With Nature spell with regards to the whole area of his grove.
    • Unity (Requires Roots teratomorphism): The evolutionist can take root or uproot in his grove as a free action, but no more than once per round. While rooted in his grove, each instance of this mutation is considered a teratomorphism when calculating the benefits of the roots teratomorphism, and offensive roots teratomorphism.
    • Generous Land (Requires Regrowth teratomorphism): When using the regrowth teratomorphism on his grove, the evolutionist does not drain the area he is in of all its resources and may repeatedly use regrowth on the same spot.
    • Verdant Host: The evolutionist can link an additional two verdant servants to the grove. This ability can be taken multiple times.
    • Living Fortress: All structures built with Budding Creation that are located inside a grove recover one hit point per mutator level every round.

Further Mutations: Each time this mutation is taken, the evolutionist may choose one additional ability from the above list. This mutation can be taken once per six mutator levels.

Long admireey of class, fyi the grove mutation under bounty requires nourishing flora not Nourishment as it was changed to.

Thanks a bunch for that change so I can disease my people.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Does the Evolve Skills mutation's +1 skill point/level apply to all classes or only to classes with a mutator level?
    Evolve Skills now advances by mutator level, not class level.

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    one issue i see between natural invisibility, and warped visage.
    natural invisibility gives greater invisibility after 3 mutations, and at one mutation per 6 levels would require level 13. warped visage is 1 mutation per 3 levels, so 5 mutations to get the concealment would require also level 13. the end result of natural invisibility is 3 mutations, permanent invisibility, and therefore a 50% concealment or warped visages 5 mutations, and only 50% concealment, no extra stuff like invisibility.
    Natural Invisibility's first upgrade has been changed to conform to this. The miss chance eventually does get to 50% but only at level 18 now.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGiacomon View Post
    Long admireey of class, fyi the grove mutation under bounty requires nourishing flora not Nourishment as it was changed to.

Thanks a bunch for that change so I can disease my people.
    It has been fixed! And glad to provide a class adequately capable of spreading that wonderful superhuman disease called love.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Natural Invisibility's first upgrade has been changed to conform to this. The miss chance eventually does get to 50% but only at level 18 now.
    that was a good change, but what i meant was that greater invisibility as the spell gives 50% concealment to those that know where you are due to being hit or something, so it is the effects of greater invisibility that made it a better mutation

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it intentional that Overdrive's self-damage can be defeated by using Energy Resistance?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Is it intentional that Overdrive's self-damage can be defeated by using Energy Resistance?
    Or turned to healing using Elemental Renewal.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-01-21 at 08:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    that was a good change, but what i meant was that greater invisibility as the spell gives 50% concealment to those that know where you are due to being hit or something, so it is the effects of greater invisibility that made it a better mutation
    There is shamefully nothing I can do in that regard. Some options are simply better than others by their own nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Or turned to healing using Elemental Renewal.
    Yes, it is intentional.

Overdrive is essentially Haste. It is a great buff, but hardly in need of a downside for balancing purposes. The self-damage is mostly thematic, and has a few uses too, as indicated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #374
    Firbolg in the Playground

I used a slight variation of it for my Corpse Class, it deals untyped damage that increases the longer it's used. It's fluffed as the body tearing itself apart over time from the exertion.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, it is intentional.

Overdrive is essentially Haste. It is a great buff, but hardly in need of a downside for balancing purposes. The self-damage is mostly thematic, and has a few uses too, as indicated.
    Hmm. *tries to find ways to sneak it into current build*

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Spellward: The evolutionist gains immunity to spells of a level up to his highest available teratomorphism that allow spell resistance. This teratomorphism otherwise works as a form of spell resistance with an arbitrary value.
    Can this be turned on/off at will, or are you just permanently immune? Perhaps an ability to suppress it so that your allies can repair you would be acceptable.

1After going back through the thread again...

Evolutionist/High Evolutionary/Thrallherd
    I want to play one.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-01-22 at 12:57 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Can this be turned on/off at will, or are you just permanently immune? Perhaps an ability to suppress it so that your allies can repair you would be acceptable.

1After going back through the thread again...

Evolutionist/High Evolutionary/Thrallherd
    I want to play one.
    "Otherwise works as spell resistance with an arbitrary value."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

That is what I thought that line meant, but I wasn't entirely sure. Thank you for the clarification.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

How is Evolve Resilience intended to work with multiclass characters? As it's written it counts all of your levels, but I'm not sure if this is intentional.
    Last edited by Uncle Pine; 2013-01-30 at 12:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

It is intentional. Of the innate mutations, Evolve Skills is the odd one out, in this case, because it relies on mutator level for more than simply the number of times it can be taken.

Also, I changed Evolve Aptitude to give four skill points instead of two.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #381
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Are those evolutionist/gramarist PrCs still coming?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    Are those evolutionist/gramarist PrCs still coming?
    Slow and steady.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I wrote up a knack (basically a more powerful NPC class and quasi-gestalt) for the evolutionist and would like to know your thoughts.

url to homebrew: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253278
    Last edited by Omnicrat; 2013-02-07 at 01:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Question, If I was, Say a Were-thing, Would I loose my Mutations if I was in Hybrid Form?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Question, If I was, Say a Were-thing, Would I loose my Mutations if I was in Hybrid Form?
    I would treat all three forms of a lyncanthrope as his natural forms and let him keep his mutations. But this is a call that I would leave to Nyarlatothep.

I mean, to specific DMs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

I would treat all three forms of a lyncanthrope as his natural forms and let him keep his mutations. But this is a call that I would leave to Nyarlatothep.

I mean, to specific DMs.
    Why Nyarlatothep? I mean, Cthulhu is much better..
    Though, if you mean't the DM...Then....xD
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Why Nyarlatothep? I mean, Cthulhu is much better..
    Though, if you mean't the DM...Then....xD
    You called my name in that thread. Is it not reasonable to expect for me to have found it? And lurked around?

I have evolved all of the Extra Senses.

All of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

I have one question Mr. nyarlatothep (sorry Im a little rusty with my lovecraftian) if I had planar renewal could I revive myself on a demiplane that a party member had created with genesis?

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I have one question Mr. nyarlatothep (sorry Im a little rusty with my lovecraftian) if I had planar renewal could I revive myself on a demiplane that a party member had created with genesis?
    That was a joke specific to Shadow because I thought the question pertained to a game in which he built an evo and is being DM'd by the user nyarlathotep.

And yes, you can revive in a demiplane made by you or your allies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

That was a joke specific to Shadow because I thought the question pertained to a game in which he built an evo and is being DM'd by the user nyarlathotep.

And yes, you can revive in a demiplane made by you or your allies.
    OH sorry I didnt understand

and yaay :D
    I wanted to ask because I have made a level 10 evo level 10 progneter (the prestige class, hope I spelled it right) and he is basically making a mini material plane and he is making his own life forms to inhabit it :D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies