New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [3.5 base class]

I honestly think there are a lot of nifty abilities throughout the levels, but I have a strange thought process. My apologies if more questions is bothersome, but I thought of a few as I adjusted my mutation list to fit the new system.

1. Would you consider a Boost Construct like feat for Verdant Servant, or does Boost Construct apply to Verdant Servant?

2. What about having Expanded Creation apply to a Verdant Servant? [My build is a winter based character, and having a Verdant Servant made of ice would be befitting. Especially if I could talk my DM into that providing the Cold subtype which would make logical sense.]

3. Do you honestly think anyone would want to make a tree of hair?

Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I honestly think there are a lot of nifty abilities throughout the levels, but I have a strange thought process. My apologies if more questions is bothersome, but I thought of a few as I adjusted my mutation list to fit the new system.

1. Would you consider a Boost Construct like feat for Verdant Servant, or does Boost Construct apply to Verdant Servant?

2. What about having Expanded Creation apply to a Verdant Servant? [My build is a winter based character, and having a Verdant Servant made of ice would be befitting. Especially if I could talk my DM into that providing the Cold subtype which would make logical sense.]

3. Do you honestly think anyone would want to make a tree of hair?

Thank you.
    1. Boost Construct applies to Verdant Servant by default. However, Verdant Servant does not provide you with any form of manifesting ability (it is not a psi-like mutation), so you need to take gain some form of manifesting ability before you can take boost construct (this can be achieved with any psi-like mutation or with any of the usual suspects).

2. You can make the Servant out of ice as a fluff matter (name aside, it doesn't have to be made of plant stuff). The subtype would not be present. Expanded Creation is a utility feat (and a strong utility feat at that), not a combat feat, so I am wary of having it directly buff a combat mutation.

3. Sure someone would. For more practical uses of the baseline effect of the feat, however, it allows you to make things out of Silk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Hey Draken, what tier were you shooting for this class? I really like it so far, the feel is really cool, and I like the customization. It seems though I can pick pretty much all the mutations I need with the buff to the mutations. Kinda worried about the strength of this class now is a tad too high.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I noticed that pretty much every evolutionist build I could think of (and most that I saw otherwise) piled up on Great Changer as many times as possible and felt starved for mutations otherwise.

In light of that I decided to just remove great changer and make the mutations it gave baseline (with a small bonus, granted).
    That's because many individual mutations are equal to a feat (+2 save feats, Improved Toughness, Weapon Focus, etc.). Spend 1 Great Changer feat, get 2 feat-equivalent powers.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DownwardSpiral View Post
    Hey Draken, what tier were you shooting for this class? I really like it so far, the feel is really cool, and I like the customization. It seems though I can pick pretty much all the mutations I need with the buff to the mutations. Kinda worried about the strength of this class now is a tad too high.
    To borrow Morph Bark's terminology, the evolutionist is supposed to be a high tier 3 class. Namely, it has the overall power and versatility of a tier 3, with a few real powerhouses here and there (such as Fey, Elemental and Outsider Perfections).

Numerically speaking, the 86 mutations baseline will provide you something along these lines:

Most builds that I have seen rely on at least one mutation that requires an investment of 10 and several mutations with an average required investment of 6. There is also an assumption that at the very least 16~ mutations will go to the basic chassis, and more likely than not as many as 26, leaving 60-70 mutations for "the fun stuff", which puts most evolutionists at an average of 8-10 different abilities. Teratomorphs and Ascendancies then round up with various passive bonuses that more or less tie the builds together.

One inherent flaw of the system, of course, is that an evo shooting for a tier 4 build will... Well. He will do whatever it is he is focused on doing, really, really well. Excessively well, indeed. A friend running a campaign threw us at an evolutionist dungeon* a few weeks ago, and included such jewels as a sentry who could simply not be stealthed past (deranged spot modifiers, not that we had any notable stealth capabilities anyway) and a social encounter that snorted at our sense motive attempts. The fights were pretty great and varied, however.

*Monster girl dungeon, to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    That's because many individual mutations are equal to a feat (+2 save feats, Improved Toughness, Weapon Focus, etc.). Spend 1 Great Changer feat, get 2 feat-equivalent powers.
    Yeah, this was another issue with the feat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, this was another issue with the feat.
    Also that + Evolve Talent. Spend a feat, gain a feat and a mutation, once per 6 levels.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2013-03-29 at 02:31 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Also that + Evolve Talent. Spend a feat, gain a feat and a mutation, once per 6 levels.
    Yes. Great Changer was, all in all, not that great an idea on my part.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it possible to have some sort of evolution chain for the undead so that they can gain the ability to harm things normally immune to negative energy? Being a god of negative energy is only fun if you aren't totally shut down by a single 4th level spell. Perhaps something along the lines of you can deal 1/4 of normal damage with it per mutation, improving by that each time maybe?

EDIT: Maybe another option for Teratomorphism II and IV?
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-03-30 at 03:57 AM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm... wary of adding such a teratomorphism, it would affect a lot of status effects, whereas the elemental ones only really affect damage (and add a few status effects, but whatever).

Anyway. PrC.

---------------------

Disciple of Thessala

"Vengeance for the great mother!"
    - A common motto for the Disciples of Thessala.

In time immemorial, the elven heroine Leraje slaughtered the goddess Thessala, Mother of all Hydras, and condemned her children to eternity as simple-minded monsters. But her oldest children resisted this curse and never forgot, even when the gods cast Leraje down to the netherworld and struck her from history. The disciples carry on the legacy of these dreadful paragons of a bygone age. For good or ill.

Prerequisites:
    Feats: Combat Reflexes.
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 11 ranks,
    Special: Must have two or more heads.
    Special: Must have Fast Healing.

HD: d8
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
    1 +0 +0 +0 +0 Hydra Lord, Mutations, Blessing of the Hydra Queen
    2 +1 +0 +0 +0 Mutations, Blessing of the Hydra Queen, Extra Head
    3 +1 +1 +1 +1 Mutations
    4 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Blessing of the Hydra Queen, Extra Head
    5 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Blessing of the Hydra Queen
    Class Skills (2 + Int Modifier): The disciple of Thessala can chose the class skills of any one of his base classes to be his class skills for this class, this choice cannot be changed.

Proficiencies: Disciples of Thessala gain no additional proficiencies.

Mutations: A disciple of Thessala gains four mutations per class level.

Hydra Lord: The disciples are recognized by the mindless children of the deceased Hundred-Headed Queen as their kin and betters. Wild hydras will always be indifferent to the disciple and will not attack him or those with him unless provoked. Lastly the disciple may use the Handle Animal skill on hydras as if they were animals, and gains a +4 bonus on all such checks, as well as on survival checks to track hydras and hydra kin, knowledge checks to identify such creatures and bluff, diplomacy, intimidate and sense motive checks when dealing with them. Hydra kin are defined as other Disciples of Thessala and any creature associated with Hydras, such as Shrieking Terrors.

Blessing of the Hydra Queen: Disciples carry on the heritage of Thessala, Mother of All Hydras, an ancient goddess murdered by elves in older times. Some, those who blessed few who met her children who still cling to their ancient knowledge and wisdom keep alive the memory of the murderer, in spiteful defiance of the fickle elven deities who blessed her murderous act and then cast her down for being proud of her act. At each class level other than third, the Disciple of Thessala gains a special ability chosen from the list below, unless otherwise stated any given ability can be taken no more than once. Whenever one of those abilities allows a save, it uses the usual DC for mutations, based on Constitution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Accelerated Monstrous Metabolism (Ex) – requires Swallow Whole: Much was said of Leraje and of those who inherited her deeds after her downfall, but little is ever told of those who died keeping the attentions of the thousand heads of the Hydra Queen while the archer aimed her perfect shot, an attempt was once made to pass the glory of the murder on to those brave fools, but the remaining unblemished children of Thessala were quick to show the world that the armies achieved nothing and would achieve nothing but sate her appetite. Whenever the disciple has swallowed a creature, his fast healing increases by 2, this effect stacks, increasing his fast healing by 2 for each swallowed creature. When a swallowed creature dies, this additional fast healing is lost, but the disciple gains a number of temporary hit points equal to his victim’s hit dice, these temporary hit points stack and last for up to one hour. Taking this blessing improves the disciple's innards as well, the capacity of his gizzard increases by one creature of the largest size he can hold for every head he has, its natural armor increases by twice his class level and its hit points increase by 10 per class level, finally, any fast healing the disciple has also applies to the hit points of his gizzard.
    • Invincible Hydra Body (Ex): The disciple’s fast healing and natural armor increase by his class level plus the maximum number of heads he can have at any one time, and he gains (or increases) damage reduction equal to half of this value, beaten by magic. The protections afforded by this ability can be ignored by specifically targetting the disciple's heads, at a -4 penalty on attack rolls, attacks targeted at his heads disregard the natural armor granted by this ability, damage directed at the disciple's heads and necks do not trigger this fast healing and isn't reduced by this additional damage reduction.
    • Lerna’s Gift (Ex) – requires acid resistance and poison: The oldest of Thessala’s daughters vanished following her mother’s demise, some say she met her end at the hands of a demigod, but that her venom later avenged her. The evolutionist gains the earth subtype and Acid Resistance 10 (or increases any existing acid resistance by 10). Furthermore, his poison dissolves his victims from within, dealing 1d6 points of acid damage per class level when it is applied, as well as whenever the victim fails a save against the poison. As a final benefit, the disciple gains a number of additional daily uses of his poison equal to his class level.
    • Multiple Awareness Focus (Ex): Most creatures with multiple heads benefit from their added sensory organs in minor ways, compared to one-headed beings. There was a time when hydras surpassed all such creatures, their individual heads more than capable of interacting with their surroundings on an individual level. Whenever the disciple makes a wisdom check or wisdom based skill check he may roll a number of twenty-sided die equal to the number of heads he has and take the best result among the rolls.
    • Plural Thought Genius (Ex): Before their creator was murdered, the hydras were among the most ingenious of beings, their many minds working in tandem to overcome any problem through sheer cognizant power. Whenever the disciple makes an intelligence check or intelligence based skill check he may roll a number of twenty-sided die equal to the number of heads he has and take the best result among the rolls.
    • Ragnis’ Wrath (Ex) – requires fire resistance: To this day, the first pyrohydra seethes in fury against the murderers of her mother and those who would glorify them, her blood boils at the thought that they are allowed to go unpunished for what they did to her kin. The disciple gains the Fire subtype (but gains neither fire immunity nor cold vulnerability) and Fire Resistance 10 (or increases any existing fire resistance by 10), and his bite and gore attacks deal an additional 1d6 points of fire damage per class level. Lastly, whenever he is wounded, his burning blood spills from his wounds in a 10 feet cone, dealing 2d6 points of fire damage for each head the evolutionist has, a reflex save halves this damage. For each size category above medium, the size of the cone increases by 5 feet.
    • Sudden Regeneration (Ex): The disciple regenerates lost heads at the astonishing rate of the creations of the Mother of All Hydras. One round after he has lost a head, he grows two identical heads in its place. However, his necks are vulnerable to sunder attempts, much like a hydra’s own. To sever a head, an opponent must make a successful sunder attempt with a slashing weapon. (The opponent should declare where the attack is aimed before making the attack roll.) Making a sunder attempt provokes an attack of opportunity unless the foe has the Improved Sunder feat. An opponent can strike at a disciple’s heads from any position in which he could strike at the disciple himself. An opponent can ready an action to attempt to sunder the disciple’s head when he bites at him. Each of the disciple’s heads has hit points equal to his full normal hit point total, divided by his original number of heads. Losing a head deals damage to the disciple’s body equal to half the head’s full normal hit points. A natural reflex seals the neck shut to prevent further blood loss. The disciple can no longer attack with a severed head but takes no other penalties, unless he is out of heads, in which case he dies. A disciple can never have more than twice his original number of heads at any one time, and any extra heads he gains beyond his original number wither and die within five minutes. To prevent a severed head from growing back into two heads, at least 5 points of acid, cold, electricity or fire damage must be dealt to the stump (a touch attack to hit) before the new heads appear. A flaming weapon (or similar effect) deals its energy damage to the stump in the same blow in which a head is severed. Acid, cold, electricity or fire damage from an area effect may burn multiple stumps in addition to dealing damage to the disciple’s body. A disciple does not die from losing its heads until all its heads have been cut off and the stumps seared by acid, cold, electricity or fire.
    • Thessian’s Spite (Su) – requires cold resistance and glare: Quite unlike his fiery twin sister, Thessian did not trash and froth at his mother’s murder, his wrath was silent and cold as his freezing blood. The disciple gains the Cold subtype (but gains neither cold immunity nor fire vulnerability) and Cold Resistance 10 (or increases any existing cold resistance by 10), in addition, his Glare chills those who meet it to their very cores, inflicting 1d6 cold damage per class level for each glare. If the disciple has the Gaze mutation or any other gaze attack, this chill pervades his gaze, dealing 2d6 points of cold damage for each head the disciple has to any creature in range, averting one’s eyes does not affect this damage. Any creature that takes cold damage from this glare or gaze is slowed for one round unless it succeeds on a fortitude save, which also halves the damage dealt, targets in potential can only be forced to make this save, by the disciple’s glare, once per round.

Extra Head: The power of Thessala brings the disciple closer to the ideal of her children. At second and fourth level, the disciple grows an additional head. This ability works exactly like the Extra Head I teratomorphism and stacks with it. Should the disciple have Extra Head II, and two additional heads from this ability, he receives an additional move action and an additional standard action (or one extra full round action) on his turn as opposed to only a single additional move or standard action.
    Last edited by Draken; 2020-11-20 at 10:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm... wary of adding such a teratomorphism, it would affect a lot of status effects, whereas the elemental ones only really affect damage (and add a few status effects, but whatever).
    I definitely feel you there. Perhaps just have it convert negative energy damage to vile damage or something?

EDIT: Meant hellfire, like the demons get.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-04-01 at 01:25 AM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    I definitely feel you there. Perhaps just have it convert negative energy damage to vile damage or something?

EDIT: Meant hellfire, like the demons get.
    Devils. And they don't really have a whole lot to do with undead.

Either way, evos have plenty of great ways to grab dispel magic, so I don't think that is much of an issue.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Devils. And they don't really have a whole lot to do with undead.

Either way, evos have plenty of great ways to grab dispel magic, so I don't think that is much of an issue.
    It doesn't seem like much of an issue, but if people avoid a really cool archtype that you make a bunch of support for because it's shut down incredibly easily, it's hardly worth making the support in the first place. It's like playing an enchanter in a high level game. Negative energy is just one of those blanket immunities that everyone has at high levels. As a player, I love the idea of a channel of the force of death, but as an optimizer I have a lot of difficulty playing something so easily shut down like that.

I mean, it's your homebrew of course, these are just my concerns. I love what you've done with the class.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm a long time fan of the evolutionist and this is my first comment.

I love the Disciple of Thessala, I defiantly want to try my hand at making a multi-headed horror now.

It's like you read my mind, I just began to stat up a sound elemental character for a potential game and then you made Force and Verve.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Expanded Creation was that you could make an edible sword, that you cooked with another sword, made of fire.

I'll miss the Great Changer feat, it was just the right combination of annoying and exploitable.

@Mithril Leaf- Unless I'm mistaken the Archon Teratomorph applies to all energy types, not just the one related to your subtype. Doesn't help with negative levels and ability effects, but you get to deal half damage to people with negative energy immunity, it does however cost a feat and a 2 teratomorphs to get. Although that's the problem with any form of optimization, with great power comes exploitable weaknesses.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I'm a long time fan of the evolutionist and this is my first comment.

I love the Disciple of Thessala, I defiantly want to try my hand at making a multi-headed horror now.

It's like you read my mind, I just began to stat up a sound elemental character for a potential game and then you made Force and Verve.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Expanded Creation was that you could make an edible sword, that you cooked with another sword, made of fire.

I'll miss the Great Changer feat, it was just the right combination of annoying and exploitable.

@Mithril Leaf- Unless I'm mistaken the Archon Teratomorph applies to all energy types, not just the one related to your subtype. Doesn't help with negative levels and ability effects, but you get to deal half damage to people with negative energy immunity, it does however cost a feat and a 2 teratomorphs to get. Although that's the problem with any form of optimization, with great power comes exploitable weaknesses.
    Disciple was in the works for awhile (truth be said, only Thessian's Spite and Lerna's Gift were left to write since january).

Don't forget it next time you make a bard as well! Force and Verve is not a mutator feat, after all.

Speaking of Budding Creation, there is a new upgrade for it! Living Creation now allows you to order the meat sword to cook itself with the fire sword's help.

Great Changer wasn't so much exploitable as it was mandatory, like Font of Inspiration, but worse.

And yeah, in thesis you can use the Periodic Table of Elementals sidebar to make a whole chain springing from Heart of Negative Energy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #465
    Firbolg in the Playground

Do you think you could add some Incarnum themed mutations? Possibly an Incarnum Mutator List or the like?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Incarnum already has an off-class mechanic in the shape soulmeld feat, and making incarnum internal to the class could cause issues with, for instance, the Soul Evolutionist PrC.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #467

Soul Evolutionist PrC.
    The reason I ask is because of that class. I don't like it. It's based on a class that was made for a Magic System and honestly doesn't really work for the more physical nature of this class.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Incarnum already has an off-class mechanic in the shape soulmeld feat, and making incarnum internal to the class could cause issues with, for instance, the Soul Evolutionist PrC.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    The reason I ask is because of that class. I don't like it. It's based on a class that was made for a Magic System and honestly doesn't really work for the more physical nature of this class.
    I'm in the process of reworking that class a little bit and am working on another mutation/incarnum class, though you probably won't like that one either as it isn't exactly a dual progression class.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    The structure is far from troublesome, I would say (but Incarnum Ascendancy is awful and I would never use it ever).

But the point stands. Best I could do is maybe give something akin to Soulborn progression, and I would put it behind Outsider mutations for thematic purposes (as Spell-like mutations, for that matter). It would be quite the mutation hog in the interest of keeping it from being too good at meldshaping, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    I'm in the process of reworking that class a little bit and am working on another mutation/incarnum class, though you probably won't like that one either as it isn't exactly a dual progression class.
    Speaking of that, it needs to have the mutation gain upped.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the advice on the negative energy archon, that's probably not a bad idea. I might toss that together sometime soonish, would it apropos to post it here?

Additionally, I have a question about some interactions, do you think that as the originator of the class, it would be reasonable under rule of cool to allow an Arm of the Outer Plane to be used as the base of an Integrated Arsenal mutation? You can sort of already lawyer it on because it requires proficiency with the weapon, and you pick a type which you are only proficient with the one from arms, it kinda has to glitch it's way in.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Thanks for the advice on the negative energy archon, that's probably not a bad idea. I might toss that together sometime soonish, would it apropos to post it here?

Additionally, I have a question about some interactions, do you think that as the originator of the class, it would be reasonable under rule of cool to allow an Arm of the Outer Plane to be used as the base of an Integrated Arsenal mutation? You can sort of already lawyer it on because it requires proficiency with the weapon, and you pick a type which you are only proficient with the one from arms, it kinda has to glitch it's way in.
    Certainly, post away.

Hmm... You mean to add the benefits of Integrated Arsenal to the weapon from AotOP? You could probably just use a locked gauntlet for that, but sure, it is a fair houserule to make.

In fact, you could easily houserule Integrated Arsenal to affect any extant weapon gained through class features you might have.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-04-02 at 01:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Certainly, post away.

Hmm... You mean to add the benefits of Integrated Arsenal to the weapon from AotOP? You could probably just use a locked gauntlet for that, but sure, it is a fair houserule to make.

In fact, you could easily houserule Integrated Arsenal to affect any extant weapon gained through class features you might have.
    I'll probably end up doing it next weekend after I finish marathoning Danny Phantom.

Yeah, that was the idea behind it. I was planning on taking both for a ghost who ends up with a crazy scythe of death (necrotic focus and planeshift means you can arguably channel 1d4+str ability drain to every hit). It helps add some of those handy natural weapon mutations to it.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Posted the update to the Soul Evolutionist.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

hmm would it be weird for an evolutionist to use budding creation to create weapons attached to his hands through the integrated weapons mutation? Because I have this awesome image of a plant evolutionist with big green pods on his hands that erupt into swords :D
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    hmm would it be weird for an evolutionist to use budding creation to create weapons attached to his hands through the integrated weapons mutation? Because I have this awesome image of a plant evolutionist with big green pods on his hands that erupt into swords :D
    Isn't that just plain old Integrated Weapon with plant-style fluff behind it, no Budding Creation needed?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

well with integrated weapon cant you just have one type of weapon per time you take the mutation? with the budding creation you could customize what you need for your current situation, crossbow for ranged, whip for slavery, longsword for melee, kukri for tripping, sling for hurling stuff etc etc
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

You could theme the budding creation as if it were bound like Integrated Arsenal, but it wouldn't get the bonuses (the weapon created would be perfectly disarmable, which would look like an amputation I suppose).

You should also note that items created with BC need a minute to take form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

Copy pasta error in the Evolutionist Anomaly's class skills.

Also speaking of the Evolutionist Anomaly, any chance Great Chimera or Extra Chimerism is going the way of Great Changer.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Copy pasta error in the Evolutionist Anomaly's class skills.

Also speaking of the Evolutionist Anomaly, any chance Great Chimera or Extra Chimerism is going the way of Great Changer.
    I suck at creepy pasta.

Extra Chimerism and Great Chimera are staying, but Great Chimera can no longer be taken more than once.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

So... I have been meaning to do a Elan rewrite, and I figure giving a small set of mutations might be better then the current set of personal powers.

So how many mutations would make up a LA +0 race? I hear people say a race should equal two feats... but their are no feats for getting more mutations. one mutation does give you a feat, but it is limited to 4th level and only rarely even then.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender