New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [3.5 base class]

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    As for xeno, just means alien so I think it still fits with the whole, attaching foreign traits to someone.
    Xeno means strange, not alien. Like how Xenophobia is fear of strangers.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Xenophobia is fear of foreigners. Extra-nationals. Aliens.

3. - Top - End - #843

Huh... I was sure Xeno meant foreign (and thus alien) weird.

Either way, I changed the capstone. Also, I still never got an answer to what happens when you have a thrown weapon for Integrated Arsenal.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-02-01 at 02:19 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Huh... I was sure Xeno meant foreign (and thus alien) weird.

Either way, I changed the capstone. Also, I still never got an answer to what happens when you have a thrown weapon for Integrated Arsenal.
    You essentially create "ammunition" for it at-will.

What this means is that you have endless javelins, but they become useless after striking something.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #845

BardGuy

The new capstone should probably give Mutant Perfection too.

It WAS giving the power of a god before, after all.

6. - Top - End - #846

BardGuy

A few more things about that class...

SLAs and PLAs are not a lot worse than other grafts. For example, At-will prestidigitation is a 5th level graft. So is 39 SR. Now, I'm not sure 20 SLAs is the way to go, but I think more than one. Maybe 10? PLAs and SLAs only get half the mutations per level?

Augmented Grafts is A LOT better than I think you think it is. At 17th level, in a single slot one could have... A 6th level SLA, At-will Detect magic that requires only a single round of concentration, Detonate Spell with a radius of 15 feet and d8 damage, and disrupt magic. Or 39 SR, Spell Absorption (34 hp healed per spell level resisted), 9 instances of Spell Reversal and 9 instances of Arcane Container. That last one is 40 mutations. In one graft slot.

You may apply these selected teratomorphisms as grafts as if they were mutations, with their teratomorph level equaling their graft level. Graft teratormorphism do not count when determining how many teratormorphism's the creature has. For the purpose of these grafts, you are counted as having as many teratomorphisms an evolutionist of half your Hit Dice would have.
    Don't fully understand how the last part of this works. You realize that keeps you off of 6th tier teratomorphs forever? Maybe if you made them count as mutations of the level they become available instead of graft level? That does give the oddity of both 3rd and 2nd tier teratomorphs being 2nd level grafts, but I think that could work.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I see there are 29 pages ahead of me and maybe this has already been covered.

But have you considered giving the Giant (Ascendancy or Perfection) the Rock Throwing ability?
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    The new capstone should probably give Mutant Perfection too.

It WAS giving the power of a god before, after all.
    Even so, it would be making it so you can give anyone the 20th level capstone of the evolutionist. I don't think you should give out capstones like that.

A few more things about that class...

SLAs and PLAs are not a lot worse than other grafts. For example, At-will prestidigitation is a 5th level graft. So is 39 SR. Now, I'm not sure 20 SLAs is the way to go, but I think more than one. Maybe 10? PLAs and SLAs only get half the mutations per level?
    Sounds reasonable.

Augmented Grafts is A LOT better than I think you think it is. At 17th level, in a single slot one could have... A 6th level SLA, At-will Detect magic that requires only a single round of concentration, Detonate Spell with a radius of 15 feet and d8 damage, and disrupt magic. Or 39 SR, Spell Absorption (34 hp healed per spell level resisted), 9 instances of Spell Reversal and 9 instances of Arcane Container. That last one is 40 mutations. In one graft slot.
    Maybe reduce it to can hold a number of augments equal to the persons constitution modifier?

Don't fully understand how the last part of this works. You realize that keeps you off of 6th tier teratomorphs forever? Maybe if you made them count as mutations of the level they become available instead of graft level? That does give the oddity of both 3rd and 2nd tier teratomorphs being 2nd level grafts, but I think that could work.
    Yes, I know you can't apply 6th tier teratomorphs with this. I think that evolutionist should at least have something other classes can't steal.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-02-01 at 10:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Another_Poet View Post
    So, I see there are 29 pages ahead of me and maybe this has already been covered.

But have you considered giving the Giant (Ascendancy or Perfection) the Rock Throwing ability?
    That's a mutation already.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had an interesting idea for an Evolutionist Anomaly.

It's a wizard. You load up on SLA's with your chimerisms, and then select the set you want to go with, instead of preparing spells.

I wonder what tier that would be? It has both wizard and druid spells, but only up to sixth level spells. It has A Lot of them, though.

Tier 3, mayhaps? Given that the adept falls here, that's probably safe.
    I might run one the next time I want to run a wizard in a tier 3 tops game.
    Last edited by The Dragon; 2014-02-08 at 09:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    I had an interesting idea for an Evolutionist Anomaly.

It's a wizard. You load up on SLA's with your chimerisms, and then select the set you want to go with, instead of preparing spells.

I wonder what tier that would be? It has both wizard and druid spells, but only up to sixth level spells. It has A Lot of them, though.

Tier 3, mayhaps? Given that the adept falls here, that's probably safe.
    I might run one the next time I want to run a wizard in a tier 3 tops game.
    Do note that even with the different sets, you are limited to taking the mutation 20 times (before epic). So you can have a total of 20 spells known, maxing out at level 6 as described.

I am putting the finishing touches on a PrC that does what you want, most likely a potent spell-like ability caster.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Draken, what about a mutation line that gives you above average ability damage healing, with a scaling factor depending on times taken. Seems like something that would fit nicely as a follow up/add on to the fast healing line.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Hey Draken, what about a mutation line that gives you above average ability damage healing, with a scaling factor depending on times taken. Seems like something that would fit nicely as a follow up/add on to the fast healing line.
    Ability damage healing is one think I decided to keep out of mutations, actually. It is available on the plant perfection, but other than that, you need to look outside the class to get it.

Or grab lesser restoration as an SLA. That works too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Ability damage healing is one think I decided to keep out of mutations, actually. It is available on the plant perfection, but other than that, you need to look outside the class to get it.

Or grab lesser restoration as an SLA. That works too.
    Not disagreeing with it, but I'd love to know why. Especially seeing as you just as you said, grab lesser restoration as an SLA.

I'm also curious about why no mutation lists grant access to bonus PSI-like ability lists.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2014-02-09 at 04:10 PM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Not disagreeing with it, but I'd love to know why. Especially seeing as you just as you said, grab lesser restoration as an SLA.

I'm also curious about why no mutation lists grant access to bonus PSI-like ability lists.
    Just a tiny arbitrary thing, I suppose.

As for the lack of extra psi-likes, weak associations would be the dealbreaker.
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-02-10 at 12:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #856

Just a tiny arbitrary thing, I suppose.

As for the lack of extra psi-likes, weak associations would be the dealbreaker.
    I'd say Ardent powers would fit under Outsider Mutations at the very least.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do note that even with the different sets, you are limited to taking the mutation 20 times (before epic). So you can have a total of 20 spells known, maxing out at level 6 as described.

I am putting the finishing touches on a PrC that does what you want, most likely a potent spell-like ability caster.
    Oh, I'd missed that. This does put a damper on my fun.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say Ardent powers would fit under Outsider Mutations at the very least.
    Construct could most likely safely be given the Shaper list.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Spell Weaver

"The real secret of magic lies in the performance."

The spell weavers are some of the most unusual and intriguing creatures in the multiverse. Rare and careful with their secrets, they turn the manifold arcana at their numerous fingertips against any who unexpectedly intrude into their affairs.

But where strange power is to be found, always there will be those who seek it out for themselves, and since the first time a spell weaver was discovered by those who shape the essence of the self, there have been those who call themselves Spell Weavers.

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 11 ranks, Spellcraft 11 ranks.
    Spell-Like Abilities: Caster level 5°, must have at least four spell-like abilities.
    Special: Must have four or more arms.

HD: d6
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Class features
    1 +0 +0 +0 +0 Mutations, Spell Weaving (2), Bonus spell-like abilities
    2 +1 +0 +0 +0 Mutations, Innate Metamagic, Heighten Spell, Bonus Feat
    3 +1 +1 +1 +1 Mutations
    4 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Spell Weaving (3)
    5 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Bonus Feat
    6 +3 +2 +2 +2 Mutations
    7 +3 +2 +2 +2 Great Arcana, Mutations, Spell Weaving (4)
    8 +4 +2 +2 +2 Mutations, Bonus Feat
    9 +4 +3 +3 +3 Mutations
    10 +5 +3 +3 +3 Eldritch Ascendant, Greater Arcana, Mutations, Spell Weaving (5)
    Class Skills (2 + Int Modifier): The spell weaver can chose the class skills of any one of his base classes to be his class skills for this class, this choice cannot be changed.

Proficiencies: The spell weaver gains no additional proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Mutations: A spell weaver gains three mutations per class level. They gain one additional mutation at levels 3, 6 and 9.

Bonus Spell-like Abilities: A spell weaver gains one additional spell-like ability of each level he is able to acquire through mutations. These additional spell-like abilities follow all the same rules as the spell-like ability mutation but do not count against the mutation’s cap. Whenever the spell weaver gains a new mutator level, he may exchange any of his bonus spell-like abilities should he desire to.

Spell Weaving (Sp): The spell weaver is capable of delivering a cascade of magical powers in the span of a few seconds. As a full round action, the spell weaver may cast two of his spell-like abilities whose cast times are one round or less, this increases to three spell-like abilities at 4th level, 4 spell-like abilities at 7th level and five spell-like abilities at 10th level.
    Spell weaving is complex, however, and to cast multiple spell-like abilities with it, the spell weaver requires the use of multiple arms, the number of arms needed to cast the spell-like abilities involved in the spell weaving is equal to the sum of the levels of the spell-like abilities involved. So a spell weaver wishing to cast four first level spells or two second level spells would require four arms, a spell-weaver wishing to cast three third level spells would require nine arms, and a spell-weaver wishing to cast four fourth level spells would require sixteen arms. All spells cast as part of this ability are resolved separately.

Innate Metamagic (Ex): At 2nd level, the spell weaver gains the ability to alter his spell-like abilities as he weaves them. He may apply metamagic feats to his spell-like abilities when spell-weaving, modifying the spell level as appropriate to the metamagic feats used.

Heighten Spell: At 2nd level, the spell weaver gains Heighten Spell as a bonus feat.

Bonus Feats: At 2nd, 5th and 8th levels, the spell weaver gains a bonus feat. This must be a metamagic or item creation feat he qualifies for.

Great Arcana: Starting at 7th level the spell weaver may use the spell-like ability mutation to acquire 7th level spells as spell-like abilities. Spell-like abilities of this level can be used three times per day, at mutator level 19 they can be used four times per day.

Greater Arcana: Starting at 10th level the spell weaver may use the spell-like ability mutation to acquire 8th level spells as spell-like abilities. Spell-like abilities of this level can be used three times per day.

Eldritch Ascendant (Ex): Hail the spell weaver, whose unity with and dominion of his innate arcana is beyond question. At 10th level, the spell weaver may pick an ascendancy from the list bellow, changing his creature type to the matching ascendancy's and receiving a special bonus according to the choice. The humanoid ascendancy is only open to creatures that already belong to that type. The evolutionist gains the augmented subtype pertaining to his old type.
    No matter the choice made, the spell weaver also gains a +2 bonus to the caster level and save DCs of all his spell-like abilities.
    If the spell weaver has the Mutant Ascendancy class feature, this ability instantly defaults to the choice made when that class feature was gained. Similarly, if he gains that class feature after this one, it defaults to the choice made on this ability.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Aberration: The spell weaver may treat tentacles as arms for the purposes of Spell Weaving.
    • Ancient (requires access to Ancient Mutations): The spell weaver can force a creature targeted by one of his spell-like abilities to make an additional save of his choice, this can be a fortitude save, a reflex save or a will save. A creature that fails the fortitude save is sickened for one minute, a creature that fails the reflex save is entangled for one minute, a creature that fails the will save is shaken for one minute. A creature that fails one of these saves while already under any of these effects (even those caused by this ability) suffers further, becoming nauseated (if sickened), paralyzed (if entangled) or frightened (if shaken). A creature can only be forced to save against this ability once per turn, no matter how many spells are targeted at it.
    • Construct (requires access to Construct Mutations): All spell-like abilities with a duration of at least 1 round/caster level cast by the spell weaver on himself and on objects have their duration increased to permanent, as if by the Permanency spell. The spell weaver may end the effects of any spells affected by this ability as a free action. The spell weaver also gains the Living Construct subtype.
    • Dragon: The spell weaver may treat the spell level modifier of all his metamagic feats as one lower (to a minimum of zero) when applying these metamagic effects to his spell-like abilities through Spell Weaving.
    • Elemental (requires access to Elemental Mutations): The spell weaver may reduce the effective spell level of any spell-like abilities with an elemental descriptor matching his subtypes by one when Spell Weaving, to a minimum spell level of zero for any given spell, this does not affect the save DC of the spell-like ability. If he has no elemental subtypes, he gains one of his choice.
    • Fey: Whenever the spell weaver uses a spell-like ability of the illusion or enchantment schools, he may apply the Extend Spell and Enlarge Spell metamagic feats to it, even if he lacks these feats. This does not change the spell level of the spell-like ability.
    • Giant: Whenever the spell weaver deals damage with a spell-like ability, he may attempt to bull rush, grapple or trip the targets as if he had made a normal melee attack. If he chooses to attempt a bull rush, he does not need to move alongside the target in order to push it. If he chooses to grapple the target, he is not considered grappled himself, but cannot attempt to pin the target. The spell weaver may use his caster level in place of his base attack bonus when appropriate if it is higher, and receives a bonus on relevant checks equal to the level of the spell-like ability used to trigger this effect.
    • Humanoid: Whenever the spell weaver casts a single target spell with a range other than touch or personal, he may chose to have it target up to a number of creatures within range equal to his mutator level.
    • Magical Beast: The spell weaver may retain the benefits of his mutations and teratomorphisms whenever he assumes an alternate form with a polymorph effect.
    • Monstrous Humanoid: The spell weaver may cast a spell-like ability with a cast time of one round or less as an immediate action. Once this ability is used, it cannot be used again for a number of rounds equal to the level of the spell-like ability used.
    • Outsider (requires access to Outsider Mutations): The spell weaver may chose one domain of his choice, gaining that domain’s granted power and receiving all of its spells as spell-like abilities of the appropriate level and matching daily uses. The domain’s 9th level spell can be used once per day.
    • Plant (requires access to Plant Mutations): The spell weaver may treat any spell-like ability he has that was drawn from the druid spell list as a supernatural ability. As a supernatural ability, the spell is not subject to spell resistance, does not provoke an attack of opportunity and cannot be dispelled, it can still be used alongside Spell Weaving normally.
    • Undead (requires access to Undead Mutations): Whenever the spell weaver uses a spell-like ability of the necromancy school, he may apply the Empower Spell and Reach Spell metamagic feats to these spell-like abilities, even if he lacks these feats. This does not change the spell level of the spell-like ability. The Spell Weaver also gains the Ghastly subtype.
    Last edited by Draken; 2020-11-20 at 10:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Few questions:
    How exactly does applying metamagic to your spell like abilities work? I get you have to be spellweaving, but what's the process?
    The Plant Eldritch Ascendant gives you (Su) abilities, this means they ignore XP components, yes?
    The construct permanency at least 1 round/level is clearly intended to block off the obvious wraithstrike abuse and the like, it currently also blocks off any spells at all with a fixed duration, is this intended? If not, perhaps make it so that it's any spell with a base duration of at least 10 rounds?
    Finally, one things I noticed was that all of the special Ascendancies require the feat itself, so you wouldn't be able to take them if you get the list from being that type natively.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Few questions:
    How exactly does applying metamagic to your spell like abilities work? I get you have to be spellweaving, but what's the process?
    Essentially, when you use Spell Weaving you can chose to cast the spell-like abilities modified by the metamagic feats you want (and have), and the modified spell-like ability requires a number of arms equal to its modified level.

So, a Scorching Ray takes 2 arms. An Empowered Scorching Ray takes four arms.

The Plant Eldritch Ascendant gives you (Su) abilities, this means they ignore XP components, yes?
    Technically, the benefits granted are spelled out in the ability itself.

The construct permanency at least 1 round/level is clearly intended to block off the obvious wraithstrike abuse and the like, it currently also blocks off any spells at all with a fixed duration, is this intended? If not, perhaps make it so that it's any spell with a base duration of at least 10 rounds?
    Fair, I guess.

Finally, one things I noticed was that all of the special Ascendancies require the feat itself, so you wouldn't be able to take them if you get the list from being that type natively.
    I will fix that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Essentially, when you use Spell Weaving you can chose to cast the spell-like abilities modified by the metamagic feats you want (and have), and the modified spell-like ability requires a number of arms equal to its modified level.

So, a Scorching Ray takes 2 arms. An Empowered Scorching Ray takes four arms.
    Alright, that seemed like how it was meant to work, what was written seemed a touch ambiguous to me is all.
    Technically, the benefits granted are spelled out in the ability itself.
    Hmm, I was mistaken in thinking it was inherent that (Su) abilities that they have no components. Quite alright then.
    Fair, I guess.
    Fair meaning? Clarification that it's only scaling would be nice if that's desired.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, that seemed like how it was meant to work, what was written seemed a touch ambiguous to me is all.

Hmm, I was mistaken in thinking it was inherent that (Su) abilities that they have no components. Quite alright then.

Fair meaning? Clarification that it's only scaling would be nice if that's desired.
    I will keep the spells with a set duration out of the loop, I do think there is at least one of those that would do strange things.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm thinking of a VoP style thing for evolutionists (and anyone who really wants mutations) that would basically end up being something along the lines of:
    2 mutations per level bonus
    1 mutator level per 2 levels bonus
    In exchange for you giving up having any real items. Might need to be changed, but how do you feel about those numbers Draken?

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm thinking of a VoP style thing for evolutionists (and anyone who really wants mutations) that would basically end up being something along the lines of:
    2 mutations per level bonus
    1 mutator level per 2 levels bonus
    In exchange for you giving up having any real items. Might need to be changed, but how do you feel about those numbers Draken?
    It faces the trouble that, like the actual VoP, a number of generally important features become unavailable, since they are tied to teratomorphisms and the spell-like abilities that grant them will be delayed or pushed out of progression by the reduced mutator level.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #866

BardGuy

It faces the trouble that, like the actual VoP, a number of generally important features become unavailable, since they are tied to teratomorphisms and the spell-like abilities that grant them will be delayed or pushed out of progression by the reduced mutator level.
    I'm sorry, did you say reduced mutator level? Wouldn't an evolutionist taking this have a higher mutator level?

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sorry, did you say reduced mutator level? Wouldn't an evolutionist taking this have a higher mutator level?
    Oh, right. VoP for evolutionists only. Misreading galore.

2 extra mutations/level and an additional teratomorphism progression at 1/5 levels (5-I, 10-II, 15-III, 20-IV) would be my recommendation for an item less evo.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, right. VoP for evolutionists only. Misreading galore.

2 extra mutations/level and an additional teratomorphism progression at 1/5 levels (5-I, 10-II, 15-III, 20-IV) would be my recommendation for an item less evo.
    I was thinking that Teratomorphisms every 5 would work as well. Although it might be viable to give a mild bonus to mutator level as well possibly due to the fact that items kinda rock.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi, I have a question Do you think:

Expanded Creation [Mutator]
    You have more freedom in what you can create through your seeds.
    Prerequisite: Budding Creation, Mutator level 9.
    Benefit: Whenever you use the Budding Creation mutation, you may create animal matter (flesh, bone, hairs, etc) as if it were vegetable matter.
    Special: If you have access to the Construct mutator list, you also gain the ability to create metals through budding creation. If you have access to the Elemental mutator list, you also gain the ability to create objects made of raw elements with Budding creation, these objects lose consistency and break down into the elements themselves, unless the character creating them has the matching elemental subtype, in which case the object functions normally, despite being made of pure air, water or fire.
    should interact with:

Resin [Extraordinaire]
    Prerequisites: -
    Ability Score: Constitution
    Benefit: The evolutionist can produce resin as a standard action. Resin is a useful substance that can be used as raw materials for any form of crafting project, as well as having other uses. A character (even a non-evolutionist) can take Craft (Resin) as a skill, which allows one to use resin to create any kind of object usually under a different Craft skill. The evolutionist can produce resin a number of times per day equal to his mutator level plus his constitution modifier.
    Used as a crafting material, each portion of resin is worth 5 gold and the time needed to craft the item is halved (craft checks are made every three days, not every seven days as normal). It cannot be used to craft magical items, only mundane objects (although the resulting item may be enchanted later, the resin simply can't be used to supply the material cost of the enchantments). Items made of resin are as strong as steel, having a hardness of 10, as well as recovering one hit point per hour when damaged and making fortitude saves even if not held by a creature. The evolutionist must produce the resin that will go into the item during the crafting period (it cannot be stockpiled beforehand), if he cannot generate enough resin to supply the raw materials in that time, the crafting fails.
    The evolutionist may also shoot resin at a 5 ft. surface or at a medium creature as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet. A surface covered in resin is considered difficult terrain, however, the DC to climb any such surface is lowered by 10. A creature covered in resin becomes entangled, and must succeed on an escape artist or strength check (same DC as a save against mutations +4) check to free itself as a standard action, or take a minute to get out of the resin with no check.
    Further Mutations: This mutation can be taken once per three mutator levels, each time it is taken, the gold value of each individual portion of resin increases by 5 gold, the area covered by a resin shot increases by one 5 feet square (the area must be continuous) and the maximum creature size that can be affected by a resin shot increases by one size category.
    and

Resin Artisan [Mutator]
    You are an excellent craftsman of the organic secretions of your body.
    Prerequisite: The Resin mutation or Craft (Resin) 4 ranks.
    Benefit: You gains a +4 bonus on all Craft checks when you use resin as the base material, and may reduce the time needed to craft the object to 1/7 of the normal time instead of one half (you can do a week’s worth of work in one day).
    ?

Also any chance in making a grove out of resin, that would be pretty alien and cool.
    Last edited by thethird; 2014-02-22 at 10:34 PM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

I was thinking that Teratomorphisms every 5 would work as well. Although it might be viable to give a mild bonus to mutator level as well possibly due to the fact that items kinda rock.
    I'm gonna say no to increased mutator level.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Hi, I have a question Do you think:

should interact with:

and

?

Also any chance in making a grove out of resin, that would be pretty alien and cool.
    Budding Creation/Expanded Creation serve a very different purpose from Resin/Resin Artisan. One provides instant stuff. The other provides permanent stuff.

And a resin-looking grove would probably be so due to the evolutionist's aesthetical alterations by spiting resin all over, not from grove special powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing