New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1266
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [base class]

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Actually, I think you're incorrect on your note about Powerful Build letting you qualify. Powerful Build lets you count as being a size category larger for very specific purposes (opposed checks, what size you count as for whether you can be effected by special abilities based on size, what size weapons you can weild), not just in general. Notably, 'qualifying for PRC or feats' is not on the list (with the Races of Stone feats that Powerful Build lets you qualify for being exceptions, thus why its called out in the feats).
    That is fair.

And I will take a look at the prc tables soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I feel like this has been answered somewhere in the thirty-odd pages before this one, but I can't seem to find it.

"... and an ability depending on the mutant ascendancy he picked." -Mutant Perfection.

Does this mean whatever ascendancy you choose in advance sets your perfection?
    Last edited by Defiantnight; 2014-12-14 at 06:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Defiantnight View Post
    I feel like this has been answered somewhere in the thirty-odd pages before this one, but I can't seem to find it.

"... and an ability depending on the mutant ascendancy he picked." -Mutant Perfection.

Does this mean whatever ascendancy you choose in advance sets your perfection?
    Yep. The type for your Perfection is the same as the type of your Ascendancy.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but how often can the spell- or psi-like ability mutations be taken? I can't seem to see any specification. Is it only once?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but how often can the spell- or psi-like ability mutations be taken? I can't seem to see any specification. Is it only once?
    To quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by page1
    Mutation Presentation
    Name: The mutation’s name.
    Prerequisite: The mutation’s prerequisites.
    Ability Score: Which Ability score governs the mutation’s save, if any. If a mutation would require Constitution (not only for saves, but for any of its effects) and the evolutionist has a null score on it, use Charisma instead.
    Benefit: What the mutation does.
    Further Mutations: What the character gains from taking the mutation more times and how many times the mutation can be taken, if it has any unusual limits. If this entry is left empty, the mutation’s basic benefit is received once more (stacking with itself) whenever the mutation is taken. If a mutation can be taken “up to once per X mutator levels”, divide the character’s mutator level by ‘X’ and round the result up to determine how many instances of the mutation he can take.
    So you can pick up as many different SLA's as you bother to blow mutations on.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2015-01-13 at 08:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [3.5 base class]

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Mutations
    Mutations are split into six groups: Basic, Innate, Extraordinaire, Supernatural, Spell-like and Psi-like. All evolutionists have access to these mutations. In addition to these, there are a number of special lists of mutations accessible only to evolutionists of specific creature types or who take specific feats.
    Unless otherwise noted, a character can only take the same mutation up to a number of times equal to his mutator level. A character’s mutator level is equal to the sum of his levels in mutation-granting classes plus any racial hit dice or levels in racial paragon classes or monster classes he might have. Mutator level also determines the power of some mutations, and whenever a mutation allows a save, the DC is 10 + half the character’s mutator level + relevant ability modifier (see the specific mutation for this).
    You can take it once per mutator level.

7. - Top - End - #997

Ah. Thanks, both of you. Not sure how I missed those lines.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

I realized that if Evolutionist had access to elemental list of mutations, getting air subtype through ascendancy provides him with fly speed, but if Evolutionist got one of rank I teratomorphisms from elemental list, he will not get some benefits of the subtypes. Kinda unfair...
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    I realized that if Evolutionist had access to elemental list of mutations, getting air subtype through ascendancy provides him with fly speed, but if Evolutionist got one of rank I teratomorphisms from elemental list, he will not get some benefits of the subtypes. Kinda unfair...
    The Air subtype as a general guideline "all air creatures have a fly speed", with no mechanical values attached to it. It isn't a benefit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #1000

BardGuy

Any ETA on the geneticist skill, or is that withering on the vine?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    Any ETA on the geneticist skill, or is that withering on the vine?
    I plan to write something for it next week, should be able to post something by next Saturday.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #1002

BardGuy

Great to hear! This is one of my two favorite classes, my absolute favorite if you count Gramarie as a different system. Which one certainly should.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I was toying around with the class and something came to mind, and I was interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

1. Do you think it would be possible to make a viable class that is technically an avolutionist but gains mutations randomly?

2. If you think does this seem to be a good enough explanation:

Mutations: At first level, the evolutionist gains six mutations. Each level afterwards, he gains four mutations.
    At first level he can choose 1 mutation freely, 2 from the basic mutations, and then randomly rolls the rest.
    At every other level, he can choose 1 mutation from the basic mutations, and randomly rolls the rest
    It is all ways alloed to forego a choice to roll it totally random instead.
    Rolling is done by first rolling what type of mutation, and then rolling on the associated table for that type
    3. Any Ideas on how to make i viable if this idea seems to weak?

And to be clear, I really honor your great work I simply saw this idea as a fun way to expand on your ideas.
    Homebrew currently in the air:
    Beastmaster (Single strong companion) (Merge) (Buff) (Companions CC)
    Life-bender (move HP)(Shielding)

My Homebrew:
    Lycanthropic Barbarian[3.5]
    Guerilla Warrior[3.5]
    Pact Bound[3.5][WIP]

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Without going into BoEF details, how does this class affect the evolutionist's reproduction? Does a 20th level evolutionist elf with wings and scales and psionic abilities, as well as some plant bits still make normal elf babies?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2015-02-28 at 08:11 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Without going into BoEF details, how does this class affect the evolutionist's reproduction? Does a 20th level evolutionist elf with wings and scales and psionic abilities, as well as some plant bits still make normal elf babies?
    Hard call. If the evolutionist took anything but the humanoid ascendancy, he isn't even technically an elf anymore.

This would be a DM call I think, since it affects the setting more than the character or the adventure, if the DM runs his group through a setting that is consistently developing between adventures.

Personally, I would have it so that the evolutionist's children are distinctly different from the norm.

--------------

Also, for the idea of random mutations... It could work? You would need to add a rule about rerolling illegal mutations, but other than that it would just possibly result in a character that is unlikely to be particularly functional past a certain point.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-02-28 at 08:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Question Re: The better man? There is no such thing [base class]

i dont know if what im suggesting has been asked or if its already included in the higher mutations but is there a mutation that grants the Evolusionist the ability to give others the benefit of say "my own" fast healing for a set amount of time or is that a bit too high tier and at that point it would be almost useless cause go to town cleric and then use some of the hundreds of gold i haven't looked at every mutation so if anyone has suggestion on what mutations would supplement this effect please tell me we have no cleric and our terramach keeps getting owned by things that ignore his nat scarred flesh armour and draining his con so causing a good bit of harder than norm creatures

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BIGnoobian View Post
    i dont know if what im suggesting has been asked or if its already included in the higher mutations but is there a mutation that grants the Evolusionist the ability to give others the benefit of say "my own" fast healing for a set amount of time or is that a bit too high tier and at that point it would be almost useless cause go to town cleric and then use some of the hundreds of gold i haven't looked at every mutation so if anyone has suggestion on what mutations would supplement this effect please tell me we have no cleric and our terramach keeps getting owned by things that ignore his nat scarred flesh armour and draining his con so causing a good bit of harder than norm creatures
    The high evolutionary prestige class (iirc) can give people your mutations.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BIGnoobian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    The high evolutionary prestige class (iirc) can give people your mutations.
    Other than that, there are mutation options that give you the ability to heal others. Nominally, you can take druid spells with Spell-like ability (The Vigor line is available to druids, I recall) and the Nourishment mutation.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

With the High Evolutionary (the one that grant mutations) how many people can you grant mutations to at once? I'm building a character with that class right now, and it would be nice if it could affect a large group of people at a time.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't think there is a maximum number of people that can have mutations from a single High Evolutionary.

Also, I am currently working on an Evolutionist and I wonder... what would be the best way, to make an aberation evolutionist that can easily survive in space?
    Last edited by Orderic; 2015-03-04 at 05:34 PM.
    Yar! I'm a signature virus, copy me into your signature!

An RPG I'm working on

Homebrew: Arcane Architect

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    With the High Evolutionary (the one that grant mutations) how many people can you grant mutations to at once? I'm building a character with that class right now, and it would be nice if it could affect a large group of people at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    I don't think there is a maximum nuumber of people that can have mutations from a single High Evolutionary.

Also, I am currently working on an Evolutionist and I wonder... what would be the best way, to make an aberation evolutionist that can easily survive in space?
    As Orderic stated, there is no limit to how many people a single High Evolutionary can empower. Just a limit to how much a single creature can be empowered by High Evolutionaries.

As for space survival, the rules for space hazard in 3.5 are 'hidden' in the Nailed to the Sky spell, as it goes.

Targets subject to these conditions take 2d6 points of damage each from heat or cold and 1d4 points of damage from the vacuum each round. The target immediately begins to suffocate.
    So you need to pick about 15 fire resist, 15 cold resist, fast healing 4+ (no real way of avoiding the vacuum damage since it is typeless) and something to deal with the breathing issue (a spell-like ability for instance).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The better man? There is no such thing [3.5 base class]

Hey Dracken any estimate date on the Kyorl'Zuraj? they are intriguing and due to environmental adaptation relevant to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Kyorl'Zuraj are not complete. But here is a teaser:

• Environmental Adaptation: The kyorl’zuraj paragon will survive even the harshest places of the cosmos. He may hold his breath for up to two hours per point of constitution. He may go without food or water for one day per point of constitution before starting to suffer of dehydration or starvation. He does not take damage from the pressure of deep water or from vacuum. As a final benefit, the paragon gains resistance to cold and fire 5, or increases existing resistances to cold and fire by 5.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-03-04 at 02:43 PM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Dip a few teratamorphisms/mutations from Elemental and Construct. Pick up the Elemental Renewal,Heart of Fire, Heart of Water teratamorphisms and Overdrive mutation. The healing from cold/heat should cover up for the vacuum, and your Overdrive can heal you if the previous wasn't enough. Obviously, you have to have some way to avoid suffocation, like Water Breathing+Create Water SLA (though being an undead creature or a construct before you Ascended as an Aberration would also work).

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Hey Dracken any estimate date on the Kyorl'Zuraj? they are intriguing and due to environmental adaptation relevant to the discussion.
    Strictly speaking, they have been done for awhile (ruleswise). Just missing their fluff entries, for the most part.

Here, for your benefit.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyorl’Zuraj
    When the world was young and aboleths ruled the briny depths, before the coming of god and mortal, the Kyorl’Zuraj held domain over the dry lands.
    • Aberration (Augmented Humanoid): The Kyorl’Zuraj are aberrations, however they share enough traits with humanoids so that they remain subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, the kyorl’zuraj have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Kyorl’Zuraj base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Darkvision: The Kyorl’Zuraj can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and they can function just fine with no light at all.
    • Ancient Anatomy: Kyorl’Zuraj have +2 racial bonus on fortitude saves against poison and disease.
    • Chitin: Kyorl’Zuraj have hardened exoskeletons, granting the character a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
    • Multiple Eyes: Kyorl’Zuraj have two to three sets of eyes capable of somewhat independent action, granting them a +2 racial bonus on spot and search checks.
    • Mutant Nature: Kyorl’Zuraj receive two mutations at first level. If the character lacks levels in a mutator class he is treated as having a mutator level of one, may not exchange any of these mutations upon gaining a new level and may not pick these mutations from the basic list.
    • Godforsaken: The Kyorl’Zuraj did battle with the divine at the dawn of history and lost, their survivors being scattered to the far ends of the cosmos. Such indignity was never forgotten nor ever forgiven. Kyorl’Zuraj have a +2 bonus on all saving throws against divine magic and the special abilities of outsiders. However, all healing applied to them by divine magic is halved, and no form of divine magic can bring a dead kyorl’zuraj back to life.
    • Automatic Language: Common, Undercommon, Karish. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). Kyorl’Zuraj speak the crude tongue of the young races and the old tongue, as well as the chittering language shared with their favored servitors.
    • Favored Class: Evolutionist.
    • Level Adjustment: +0.

Kyorl’Zuraj Racial Paragon

HD: d8
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
    1 +0 +0 +0 +0 Mutations, Caste, Racial Teratomorphism I
    2 +1 +0 +0 +0 Mutations, Alien Might
    3 +1 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Racial Teratomorphism II
    4 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Alien Might
    5 +2 +1 +1 +1 Mutations, Racial Teratomorphism III
    Class Skills (2 + Int Modifier): Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Move Silently, Psicraft, Search, Spellcraft, Spot.

Proficiencies: Kyorl’Zuraj paragons are proficient with simple weapons and light armor, but not with shields. They are also proficient with any natural weapons they might acquire.

Mutations: The kyorl’zuraj paragon gains five mutations at first level and three mutations at each class level afterwards.

Caste: At first level, the kyorl’zuraj paragon must chose a caste to which he will belong, once made, this choice cannot be changed.
    Forerunner: Forerunners scour the cosmos in search of worlds infested with godspawn for the kyorl’zuraj to vanquish. The forerunner gains a +2 racial bonus to constitution and a +10 bonus to his base land speed.
    Demagogue: Hierarchs endure the indignity of handling interactions with lesser races. The hierarch gains a +2 racial bonus to charisma and a +2 bonus on bluff, intimidate and sense motive checks. Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive are all class skills for members of the hierarch caste.
    Overseer: Overseers direct groups of kyorl’zuraj, karish and whatever beings might fall under their thrall. The overseer gains a +2 racial bonus to wisdom and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. An overseer may also make one listen check and one spot check each round as a free action.
    Sage: Sages are the keepers and appliers of kyorl’zuraj knowledge. The sage gains a +2 racial bonus to intelligence and receives maximum ranks into one Knowledge or Craft skill of his choice. Whenever a sage rolls less than 10 on check of any check of the Craft or knowledge skill, he treats it as if he had rolled a 10 instead.
    Harbinger: Harbingers do foul work that the kyorl’zuraj don’t want other races to discover or interfere with. The harbinger gains a +2 racial bonus to dexterity, suffers no penalty on Hide and Move Silently checks when moving at his normal speed and suffers only a -10 penalty on Hide and Move silently checks when attacking, running or charging, as well as on hide checks after sniping. The harbinger may hide after sniping as a swift action, instead of a move action.
    Warrior: Warriors shed the blood of the god spawned races for their kin. The warrior gains a +2 racial bonus to strength and gains proficiency with martial weapons, medium armor and heavy armor and shields.

Racial Teratomorphism: At 1st level, 3rd level and 5th level, the kyorl’zuraj paragon gains one special ability from the list below. These abilities are graded in three ranks, and at first only abilities of rank I can be taken, but as this ability is gained at later levels, new ranks become available. Whenever a Greater Mutation grants a save, it uses the default DC for mutations.
    Racial Teratomorphisms count as teratomorphisms whenever an ability would use the number of teratomorphisms a character has in order to determine its effects, however they are not considered teratomorphisms otherwise.

Racial Teratomorphism I
    • Cocoon: As a full-round action, the kyorl’zuraj paragon may spin a cocoon around himself. The cocoon has 10 hit points per character level and hardness 10, if it is damaged, it recovers one hit point per character level of the paragon every hour. As long as the paragon is within his cocoon he does not need to eat, drink or breathe and is treated as if he were resting under long term care, doubling all hit point and ability score regains (from natural healing, fast healing, magical healing or other sources) all harmful attacks and effects aimed at the paragon are redirected to the cocoon, which has an Armor Class of 15 + the paragon’s mutator level, it makes fortitude saves using the paragon’s fortitude bonus, automatically fails reflex saves and is immune to anything that requires a will save. If the cocoon fails a save against a death effect, is reduced to 0 hit points or otherwise “killed” the paragon is released unharmed into the same square where the cocoon was. As long as the paragon is inside the cocoon, he can take no actions other than breaking free of it. Breaking free of the cocoon is a standard action.
    • Environmental Adaptation: The kyorl’zuraj paragon will survive even the harshest places of the cosmos. He may hold his breath for up to two hours per point of constitution. He may go without food or water for one day per point of constitution before starting to suffer of dehydration or starvation. He does not take damage from the pressure of deep water or from vacuum. As a final benefit, the kyorl’zuraj paragon gains resistance to cold and fire 5, or increases existing resistances to cold and fire by 5.
    • Bonus Mutations: The kyorl’zuraj gains three additional mutations. This ability can be taken more than once.

Racial Teratomorphism II
    • Carapace: The kyorl’zuraj paragon’s natural armor increases by his class level. In addition, he gains damage reduction 1/- for each teratomorphism he possesses, this damage reduction stacks with all similar damage reduction.
    • Karish Companion: This ability works identically to the Karish Companion teratomorphism.
    • Pluricaste: The kyorl’zuraj paragon gains the benefits of a second caste. This ability can be taken more than once, adding a different caste each time.
    • Tauric Body: This ability works exactly like the Tauric body teratomorphism.

Racial Teratomorphism III
    • Flight: The kyorl’zuraj paragon gains the ability to fly at twice his base land speed, with average maneuverability.
    • Reduction: This ability works exactly like the Size Decrease I teratomorphism ad stacks with it.
    • Growth: This ability works exactly like the Size Increase I teratomorphism and stacks with it.
    • Caste Lord: The paragon is exalted among those of his caste gaining additional powers as described below. If the paragon has multiple castes, he gains the ability of the caste he took upon entering this class.

Spoiler
    Show
    • Forerunner: The Forerunner Lord is thunder and lightning, his approach announces the oncoming storm and serves as a first, dreadful strike. The paragon may spend a swift action to gain a move action, and whenever he takes a five foot step, he may move up to 10 feet.
    • Demagogue: The Demagogue Lord approaches the filthy godspawned masses and they know of the coming end, the foul energies channeled by it terrifying them to the very core or demanding that they kneel before their vile elders. The paragon gains the ability to turn and rebuke godspawn as a cleric of his mutator level (although he is unable to destroy, command or bolster them), this ability can be used once every five rounds. The paragon gains a bonus on his turning checks and on his turn damage equal to the number of teratomorphisms he has.
    • Overseer: The Lord Overseer directs those around him, friend or foe, according to his will. Once every five rounds, as a standard action, the paragon may command one creature within 60 feet to take a standard or move action of his choice, an unwilling creature can negate this effect with a successful will save (the DC is based on charisma), a creature that fails this save must follow the paragon’s orders in much the same way a dominated creature would. This action happens on the paragon’s turn and does not interfere with the target’s actions on his own turn.
    • Sage: The Sage Lord’s mind roars with the power of generations. The paragon gains either an additional spell-like ability or psi-like ability of each level he is able to acquire through mutations, chosen when this ability is gained. These additional spell-like and psi abilities follow all the same rules as those acquired through the respective mutations. Whenever the paragon gains a new mutator level, he may exchange all of his bonus spell-like or psi-like abilities should he desire to, but he may not change whether he gains spell-like or psi-like abilities.
    • Harbinger: Lord Harbingers end the enemies of the kyorl’zuraj. The paragon gains a number of die of sneak attack equal to the number of teratomorphisms he has. Furthermore, he gains Favored Enemy against one godspawned creature type of his choice, if he chooses humanoid or outsider, he does not need to specify a subtype. The paragon’s favored enemies never benefit from immunity against his sneak attack damage.
    • Warrior: The Lord Warrior is second to none in the battlefield, his claws and blades cleave his victims in sublime ways. The paragon gains an initiator level equal to his mutator level, a number of maneuvers known equal to the number of teratomorphisms he has, one maneuver readied for every four mutator levels and one stance known, plus an additional one for every seven mutator levels. The paragon can chose any one discipline, other than devoted spirit, to pick his maneuvers from, this choice cannot be changed later on. At mutator level 6th and every two mutator levels afterwards, the paragon may exchange one of his maneuvers known for a different one. He may recover his readied maneuvers as a warblade does.

Alien Might: At second level and again at fourth level, the kyorl’zuraj paragon gains a +2 bonus to an ability score of his choice. He must chose different ability scores each time this ability is gained.

Sidebar: Godspawn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Godspawn are all creatures not of the aberration, construct, elemental, ooze, undead and vermin types.

Last edited by Draken; 2019-01-27 at 10:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thank you very much, Draken. Not only does it look very interesting, it is also just what I needed.
    Yar! I'm a signature virus, copy me into your signature!

An RPG I'm working on

Homebrew: Arcane Architect

26. - Top - End - #1016

BardGuy

1) Can the Kyorl'Zuraj have the outsider mutations feat?

2) Does healing from Outsider mutation Cleric SLAs count as divine?

I assume the answer to the first one is yes and the answer to the second is no, but no harm in being certain about these things. Also, I now want to give my Fossen the Aberration (Augmented Humanoid) subtype. That fits them a lot better than what I have them as now.

Edit: Another thing, do Kyorl'Zuraj have any alignment preferences? Nothing is given.
    Last edited by Omnicrat; 2015-03-05 at 11:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    1) Can the Kyorl'Zuraj have the outsider mutations feat?

2) Does healing from Outsider mutation Cleric SLAs count as divine?

I assume the answer to the first one is yes and the answer to the second is no, but no harm in being certain about these things. Also, I now want to give my Fossen the Aberration (Augmented Humanoid) subtype. That fits them a lot better than what I have them as now.

Edit: Another thing, do Kyorl'Zuraj have any alignment preferences? Nothing is given.
    They are not restricted and spell-like abilities from the outsider mutations would not be divine spells, no.

That said, culturally, they wouldn't pick that branch very often.

As for alignment, that would go into their fluff. Which expounds on the idea that, like the Aboleths, they battled the gods in the dawn of time for control of the material world, and lost. And they are bitter, vengeful and omnicidal about it now, as the texts on the Demagogue, Forerunner, Harbinger and Warrior castes imply. Their usual alignment is Lawful Evil, and their various hives tend to follow the wake of Elder Evils (or direct the path of said beings when possible) or work alongside Abominations to accomplish their goals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Couple quick questions that I have for some mutations:

Vestigial Wings: The name makes it sound like this would increase a character's ability from 0, no flight to 20, clumsy. If it does, though, it makes the third teratomorph of flight seem... weak.

Natural Weapons: Can this be used to increase the damage of an unarmed strike? I'm going to be a player in a gestalt game, and my DM approved of this class, so I was wondering if this mutation could be used to increase the damage die of his unarmed attack. This kinda leads to further questions of if an unarmed strike could count as a natural weapons for later mutations (elemental attack, quills, etc.), so I was wondering what your intentions were.

Also, this is, hands down, my favorite class to brew characters from. It's a shame that so few DMs would allow homebrew, even stuff as detailed as this. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSalvage View Post

Vestigial Wings: The name makes it sound like this would increase a character's ability from 0, no flight to 20, clumsy. If it does, though, it makes the third teratomorph of flight seem... weak.
    Not having flight is not the same as having a flight speed of zero. You don't have a flight speed to improve, so it doesn't help with that.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSalvage View Post

Natural Weapons: Can this be used to increase the damage of an unarmed strike? I'm going to be a player in a gestalt game, and my DM approved of this class, so I was wondering if this mutation could be used to increase the damage die of his unarmed attack. This kinda leads to further questions of if an unarmed strike could count as a natural weapons for later mutations (elemental attack, quills, etc.), so I was wondering what your intentions were.

Also, this is, hands down, my favorite class to brew characters from. It's a shame that so few DMs would allow homebrew, even stuff as detailed as this. Thanks!
    Vestigial Wings answered by Necrotic.

Natural weapons can't be used to improve unarmed strike, however there is a mutation in the plant list that does that.

Also, unarmed strikes explicitly count as natural weapons for the evolutionist. This is clarified in the Improved Unarmed Strike bonus feat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing