New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Goblin

Default Fist of Fury [3.5 Prestige Class] [Peach]

Fist of Fury
    “It feels like I got a hot lava running through my body!” – Roman The Mad

“Doesn’t matter if I live, doesn't matter if I die. All it matters is to SMASH! YOUR! FACE!” – Kruzan Srigon’s last words.

Describtion:
    In the conflict between good and evil and order and chaos, there are many individuals on each side whose passion had lead them to the dark path. They had killed somebody in fit of rage and lost themselves in it, never looking back. Now these individuals walk the world, at slightest provocation ready to unleash their fury. They fight without second thought, not thinking about their own lives and ripping apart everything in their path. They are called Fists of Fury and rage burns in their blood.

The line between order and chaos divides them into two groups. One of them are barbarians, who had succumbed to the temptation of rage, giving themselves all into it. The others are monks, who couldn’t stand the world as it is right now and became obsessed with fixing it, to the point of abandoning their training. These two groups are frequently at odds with each other. Other classes also are less prominent among them, through it sometimes happens. Druids never become Fists of Fury – despite their claims that rage is natural part of the world, druids says they don’t understand the nature of balance on which the world is build.

Fists are highly dedicated individuals, to the point of obsession, believing either in law or freedom and willing to impose it on the world. Some of them gave themselves into evil, either desiring order for their own selfish needs or wanting corrupted freedom in which they can do whatever they want. Conflict between good and evil resonates through them not as strongly as between order and chaos, but it is there – Fist of Fury cannot be indifferent about either.

Requirements:
    Base Attack Bonus: +7
    Feats: Toughness, Improved Unarmed Strike
    Alignment: Lawful Good, Lawful Evil, Chaotic Good or Chaotic Evil
    Base Class: Cannot be a Druid
    Special: Must have once killed somebody out of anger and with bare hands.

Table: Fist of Fury
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Rage 1/day, Monk Abilities

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | Hot Blood

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    | Drastic Soul

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Focused Rage,

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Rage 2/day, Healing Anger 1/day

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    | Cannon Punch +2d10, Greater Rage

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    | Rage 3/day, Burning Blood, Healing Anger 2/day

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    | Colossal Rage, Cannon Punch +2d12,

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |Rage 4/day, Fiery Aura, Healing Anger 3/day

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    | Magma Blood, Cannon Punch +2d20, Healing Anger 2d6 [/table]

Hit Die: d10

Skill Points: 4+ Intelligence Modifier

Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen (Wis) Ride (Dex), Profession (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)

Abilities:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: fist of fury doesn’t gain proficiency in any weapons, armors or shields.

Rage: At first level fist of fury gains an ability to rage like barbarian. If character already has an ability to rage, she gains additional daily use. Fist of Fury gains additional rage at levels 5, 7 and 9.

Monk Abilities: Fist of fury levels stack with her Monk levels to determine Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Damage, Unarmored Speed Bonus and AC Bonus.

Hot Blood: At second level fist of fury starts being able to burn out any nonmagical effects on her body, like diseases or poisons. In order to do so a fist of fury must be raging and doing so reduces the duration of her rage by 1 round in addition to dealing 2d6 points of damage to the fist of fury. This damage cannot be reduced.

Drastic Soul: At third level fist of fury can substitute her Constitution modifier for Wisdom modifier when determining her bonus to Will saving throws and the monk's AC Bonus class feature.

Focused Rage: At fourth level Fist of Fury is able to use Dexterity based skills and Concentration when raging.

Healing Anger: At fifth level a fist of fury can, once per day while raging, reduce the duration of her rage by one round to heal herself of 1d6 points of damage. A fist of fury gains an additional daily use of this ability at level 7 and 9. At level 10 she heals herself for 2d6 points of damage when using this ability

Cannon Punch: At sixth level a fist of fury can, once per day while she is raging, deal 2d10 damage to herself and deal an equal amount of bonus damage on her next unarmed strike. At level eight she gains an additional daily use of this ability, and can choose to increase the damage taken, as well as bonus damage, to 2d12. At tenth level she can increase both to 2d20 if she chooses, and gains another daily use.

Greater Rage: At sixth level fist of fury gains Greater Rage. If she already has Greater Rage, she can choose any feat from Fighter Bonus Feats list. She must meet the prequisites for that Feat.

Burning Blood: At Seventh level, when fist of fury is raging she can reduce the duration of her rage by one round to burn out all magical effects that are active on her except those made permanent by permanency spell and those caused by magical items. She cannot select which effects she burns out – all magical effects on her are removed, both positive and negative. She takes 2d8 damage for each effect removed from her that way. A fist of fury cannot activate this ability when affected by Enchantment spells forcing her to obey caster's commands unless commanded to by the caster.

Colossal Rage: At Eighth level whenever Fist of Fury rages she becomes enlarged – category is increased to the next highest for the duration of the rage and decreases back to normal once rage stops. This doesn't stack with Enlarge Person.

Fiery Aura: At ninth level whenever Fist of Fury rages, she can activate Fiery Aura – those within 20 feet of her must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score or suffer 2d12 damage per round from intense heat.

Magma Blood: At tenth level Fist of Fury’s blood becomes hot magma. She gains fire subtype, ages half as fast (her middle age, old and venerable age numbers gets doubled) and her unarmed strikes are treated as admantine for the purposes of bypassing Damage Reduction and hardness. Any weapon that touches the fist of fury must make a Fortitude save, with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score, or take 4d12 points of fire damage.

This had come to my mind yesterday so I decided - why the heck not try creating a prestige class? This is an attempt at making what many dremt about - Monk who can rage through not quite, as he doesn't get many of Monk's abilities. But he can rage. A lot. I don't know the rules enough to say if it's underpowered or overpowered or even playable at all, so I would appriciate all criticism and suggestions what to fix and change to make this more balanced.

PS: If anybody is interested, alternate picture was this.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-11-21 at 11:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Fist of Fury [3.5 Prestige Class] [Peach]

Update:
    Added: Monk's Progression of Unarmed Damage, Drastic Soul now can be also used to substitute for Wisdom in determining AC.

Also, shameless slef-bump.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-24 at 05:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Can melt weapons melt ANYTHING? I'm pretty sure that magic weapons should be able make a save vs. breaking, and only fully break if the hit the rager while broken and even that might be drastic. Maybe the weapons just take double the fiery aura’s damage whenever they hit him? Also condering how much this guy can hurt himself, some sort of fast-healing, or healing effect of any sort would be appreciated.

That’s all my peach, and the class seems solid.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Can melt weapons melt ANYTHING? I'm pretty sure that magic weapons should be able make a save vs. breaking, and only fully break if the hit the rager while broken and even that might be drastic. Maybe the weapons just take double the fiery aura’s damage whenever they hit him? Also condering how much this guy can hurt himself, some sort of fast-healing, or healing effect of any sort would be appreciated.

That’s all my peach, and the class seems solid.
    Thank's, I'll incorporate melt weapons into fiery aura (and maybe change it's name) and think of something for healing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Goblin

Update:
    - Melt Weapons removed, instead Fiery Aura may also deal damage to weapons that touches Fist *
    - Added Healing Anger that allows raging Fist to heal from 1d4 to 1d10 damage depending on the level**

Adnottation:
    * - I don't know if that ability shouldn't be integrated into Magma Blood at level 10 instead.
    ** - Don't know if it's not too small number and shouldn't be upgraded one dice up into "from 1d6 to 1d12 depending on the level".

Any suggestions?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Goblin

UPDATE:

* Changed Healing Anger's dices from 1d4 at level 4, 1d6 at level 6, 1d8 at level 8 and 1d10 at level 10 to respectively 1d6, 1d8, 1d10 and 1d12.
    * Moved damage dealt to weapons from Fiery Aura ability and had is absorbed into magma blood.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Lawful Good" and "Must have killed someone in a fit of rage" sounds contradictual.

Saves are too good, start worse than monk, but by level 10 are much better.

Drastic Soul: At third level Fist of Fury can substitute her Condition modifier for Wisdom modifier when determining her Will and AC Bonus.
    Condition? Constitution?

Burning Hands sounds really troublesome to execute, and might be overpowered if you couple it with Flurry of Blows... 6 attacks, each allowing a save, each +2d6, each + Rage bonus

Burning Blood is, well, broken. It is an instant, always working "i win" button against most casters.

Magma Blood gives you barbarian's tireless age EARLIER than to the barbarian - don't you think something is wrong here?

Overall, this class sounds like a real pain to use, with like 40 dice rolls per round of combat.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    "Lawful Good" and "Must have killed someone in a fit of rage" sounds contradictual.
    I think that it may happen even to lawful Good, guy they killed was probably pure evil to piss them off that much, but still, elastic Gm and player could be able to pull that out.

Saves are too good, start worse than monk, but by level 10 are much better.
    Maybe I could have him wait one level at all +0? Would that be enough?

Condition? Constitution?
    My bad, I'll fix it.

Burning Hands sounds really troublesome to execute, and might be overpowered if you couple it with Flurry of Blows... 6 attacks, each allowing a save, each +2d6, each + Rage bonus
    I'll think about it. Maybe it should be of limited use per day?

Burning Blood is, well, broken. It is an instant, always working "i win" button against most casters.
    I disagree - casters are most universal and creative classes, this guy can only burn out effects of spells directly affecting his body but is powerless against teleportation, forcecage, illusions, offensive spells, conjurations - most of casters could think of something. And if not they could overload him with spells - if they rely on that kind of spells he could burn out they probably have more of them than he has hit points. But anyway I'm going to add that this doesn't work on Enchantment spells because he just cannot activate this power when mind controled - do you think that would be much more balanced or not enough?

Magma Blood gives you barbarian's tireless age EARLIER than to the barbarian - don't you think something is wrong here?
    I was thinking for a while about this one and yes, I see a problem, but I also see that Fist of Fury will never get Mighty Rage and all other hig-level Barbarian's powers. If you really think it's unfair, I may remove tireless rage, but I'll have to think about it.

Overall, this class sounds like a real pain to use, with like 40 dice rolls per round of combat.
    Well, certainly not what I was aiming for (through there are people who would love that ).

Anyway, thanks for your criticism, sorry I didn't noticed this post earlier - I would answer to that immiediately. I'll consider balancing up saves, removing tireless rage and fixing burning hands - if you have any suggestions how could I fix them so they could keep the spirit but not be broken anymore, I'm open. I'll also add line about mind control to Burning Blood to make it less powerful.
    Again, thanks a lot and if you have any more suggestions, don't be shy to say them.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Goblin

UPDATE:
    - Removed tireless rage from Magma Blood ability.
    - Added line about Enchancments to Burning Blood ability.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Maybe I could have him wait one level at all +0? Would that be enough?
    Nowhere near enough.
    Saves for classes are just as set in stone as BAB selection.
    "good" saves follow this pattern: 2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7...
    "bad" saves follow this pattern: 0,0,1,1,1,2,2,2,3...

I disagree - casters are most universal and creative classes, this guy can only burn out effects of spells directly affecting his body but is powerless against teleportation, forcecage, illusions, offensive spells, conjurations - most of casters could think of something. And if not they could overload him with spells - if they rely on that kind of spells he could burn out they probably have more of them than he has hit points. But anyway I'm going to add that this doesn't work on Enchantment spells because he just cannot activate this power when mind controled - do you think that would be much more balanced or not enough?
    Well, maybe.

Colossal Rage needs clarification on the type of that bonus, i.e. does it stack with Enlarge Person or not.

But main problem for this class is an enormous amount of rolling you have to do every combat round:
    By level 20, if your character was originally Medium, with Colossal Rage his unarmed attack is already 4d8. (and if Large, or if you used Enlarge Person, it is something like 6d8)
    Burning hands add one save roll and, if unsuccessful, 2d12 to that.
    With Flurry of Blows, he gets 6 such attacks.

6*(5-9)= 30-54 rolls each round.

From Barbarian, it only lacks extra 2 in hit die, Uncanny Dodge/Improved Uncanny Dodge and Mighty Rage at level 20 - everything else is either present, or more than compensated for. (and you can just get that Uncanny Dodge in the class you have as a prerequisite)
    And it beats Monk hands down.
    So it is much better than both its constituents, making them completely obsolete...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Goblin

UPDATE:
    * Changed saves to good Fort and Ref and bad Will
    * Colossal Rage doesn't stack with Enlarge Person anymore
    * Moved bonus feat at ninth level so Fist still may gain either Greater Rage or Improved Flurry but does so 4 levels later than pure Monk or Barbarian (assuming either would take this PrC as soon as possible)
    * Changed Burning Hands into Strike of Unnatural Anger which removes insane amount of Rolls.
    * Removed Rage at 3rd level, thinking about removing one at 7th.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-28 at 01:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Goblin

UPDATE:
    * Increased BAB requirement to 7
    ** Therefore Strike of Unnatural Anger was removed - Monk to meet the prequisities for this class already has this in Ki Strike and Barbarian, well...sucks to be him.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Goblin

Another Update:
    * Healing Anger now heals only 1d6 damage and 2d6 at 10th level and can be used limited number of times per day. Don't know if I didn't nerfed this too much.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question. The drastic soul ability, does that wisdom replaced by constitution count for a barbarian wearing the monk belt?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    I have a question. The drastic soul ability, does that wisdom replaced by constitution count for a barbarian wearing the monk belt?
    Strange, I didn't seen this post. Probably site issues.

As for the question, after checking few things, I would say it does.

UPDATE:
    Moved Bonus Feat again, now to 6th level - my reasoning here is that with BAB prequisite Monk can just take one more level of himself and get Greater Flurry and Barbarian would still get Greater Rage earlier if he was pure one.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I like the concept of the class, as well as the whole 'take damage to do things' concept (I used it in one of my first homebrew classes myself). My primary issues are with wording - essentially an issue of polishing the work a bit to make it shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Hot Blood: At second level Fist of Fury starts being able to burn out any nonmagical effects on her body, like diseases or poisons. In order to do so Fist of Fury must be in rage, sacrifice a round and take 2d6 damage.
    I'd recommend changing the wording here. It's fairly clear what you mean by 'sacrifice a round', but it'd be better if you said something like 'In order to do so a fist of fury (class names aren't capitalized, ability names are, generally) must be raging and doing so reduces the duration of her rage by 1 round in addition to dealing 2d6 points of damage to the fist of fury'. If you want it to ignore DR, etc. add a 'this damage cannot be reduced' clause.

Drastic Soul: At third level Fist of Fury can substitute her Constitution modifier for Wisdom modifier when determining her Will and AC Bonus.
    Her Will? AC Bonus from where? I'd say "...for Wisdom modifier when determining her bonus to Will saving throws and the monk's AC Bonus class feature".

Focused Rage: At fourth level Fist of Fury is able to use Dexterity based skills and Concentration when in rage.
    Cool. I'd say 'when raging', but it doesn't matter much.

Healing Anger: At fifth level Fist of Fury can once per day sacrifice a round to heal 1d6 damage dealt to her. Fist of Fury must be in rage to use this ability. She gains additional use of this ability at levels 7 and 9 and at level 10 she gains additional 1d6 dice for healing.
    This one actually has a fairly significant wording problem at the end - I think you mean that at level ten they heal for 2d6, but as written it means they heal for (1 + 1d6)d6.

I'd recommend: "At fifth level a fist of fury can, once per day while raging, reduce the duration of her rage by one round to heal herself of 1d6 points of damage. A fist of fury gains an additional daily use of this ability at level 7 and 9. At level 10 she heals herself for 2d6 points of damage when using this ability".

Cannon Punch: At sixth level Fist of Fury can once per day sacrifice 2d10 health points and add to the unarmed damage dealt by her unarmed attack. At eighth level she can use this ability two times per day and sacrifice up to 2d12 health points. At tenth level she can sacrifice up to 2d20 health points and can use this ability three times per day. At any level she can use this ability only when she rages.
    The name is a bit odd, and the wording is strange (I don't think I've ever read 'health points' in a DnD description of something).

I would suggest changing the wording to: "At sixth level a fist of fury can, once per day while she is raging, deal 2d10 damage to herself and deal [this is where it gets tricky - is it 'an equal amount' or a separately rolled 2d10?] a bonus 2d10 damage on her next unarmed strike. At level eight she gains an additional daily use of this ability, and can choose to increase the damage taken, as well as bonus damage, to 2d12. At tenth level she can increase both to 2d20 if she chooses, and gains another daily use".

Bonus Feat: At sixth level Fist of Fury can gain either Improved Flurry or Greater Rage like Monk or Barbarian of eleventh level.
    Nothing much to say here. Options are nice.

Burning Blood: At Seventh level Fist of Fury can during the rage sacrifice a round to burn out all magical effects that are active on her except those made permanent by permanency spell and those caused by magical items. She cannot select which effects she burns out – all magical effects on her are removed, both positive and negative. She takes 2d8 damage for each effect removed from her that way. Fist of Fury cannot activate this ability when affected by Enchantment spells forcing her to obey caster's commands unless commanded to by the caster.
    This can be potentially problematic if you underestimate the number of magical effects on you and end up killing yourself with an extra 8d8 damage. Perhaps a clause that, if the damage would kill you, you can't use the ability?

I'd make the same 'sacrifice a round' to "reduce the duration of her rage by one round" change.

Minor grammar correction - 'A/The fist of fury cannot ... '

Colossal Rage: At Eighth level whenever Fist of Fury rages she becomes enlarged – her size modifier increases to one for the duration of the rage and decreases back to normal once rage stops. This doesn't stack with Enlarge Person.
    A size modifier of one is a +1 bonus to AC and attack rolls, as well as Hide, Move Silently & Co. I'm not sure if this is what you want. Perhaps '...becomes enlarged - her size category is increased to the next highest for the duration ...' ?

Fiery Aura: At ninth level whenever Fist of Fury rages, she can activate Fiery Aura – anybody within 20 feet of her must succeed on DC equal her Constitution Fortitude save or suffer 2d12 damage per round from intense heat.
    So, the save is one-time and protects from all of the damage? Or is it one save per round?

I'd change the current save explanation to "those within 20 feet of her must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score or ... "

Magma Blood: At tenth level a Fist of Fury’s blood becomes hot magma. She gains fire subtype, starts aging two times slower (her middle age, old and venerable age numbers gets doubled) and her unarmed strike becomes treated as adamantine. Any weapon who touches Fist of Fury must make sucessful Fortitude save on DC equal her Constitution or is dealt 2d12 damage.
    Is there any other kind of magma?

I'd change 'starts aging two times slower' to "ages half as fast", 'unarmed strike becomes treated as adamantine' to "unarmed strikes are treated as admantine for the purposes of bypassing Damage Reduction and hardness" and 'Any weapon who touches Fist of Fury must make sucessful Fortitude save on DC equal her Constitution or is dealt 2d12 damage' to "Any weapon that touches the fist of fury must make a Fortitude save, with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score, or take 2d12 points of fire damage". Remember that fire damage is halved against objects, so you might want to buff the damage.

---

All in all, I think it's a good class. The wording issues aren't much of a problem except for a few exceptions.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I like the concept of the class, as well as the whole 'take damage to do things' concept (I used it in one of my first homebrew classes myself). My primary issues are with wording - essentially an issue of polishing the work a bit to make it shine.

I'd recommend changing the wording here. It's fairly clear what you mean by 'sacrifice a round', but it'd be better if you said something like 'In order to do so a fist of fury (class names aren't capitalized, ability names are, generally) must be raging and doing so reduces the duration of her rage by 1 round in addition to dealing 2d6 points of damage to the fist of fury'. If you want it to ignore DR, etc. add a 'this damage cannot be reduced' clause.

Her Will? AC Bonus from where? I'd say "...for Wisdom modifier when determining her bonus to Will saving throws and the monk's AC Bonus class feature".

Cool. I'd say 'when raging', but it doesn't matter much.

This one actually has a fairly significant wording problem at the end - I think you mean that at level ten they heal for 2d6, but as written it means they heal for (1 + 1d6)d6.

I'd recommend: "At fifth level a fist of fury can, once per day while raging, reduce the duration of her rage by one round to heal herself of 1d6 points of damage. A fist of fury gains an additional daily use of this ability at level 7 and 9. At level 10 she heals herself for 2d6 points of damage when using this ability".

The name is a bit odd, and the wording is strange (I don't think I've ever read 'health points' in a DnD description of something).

I would suggest changing the wording to: "At sixth level a fist of fury can, once per day while she is raging, deal 2d10 damage to herself and deal [this is where it gets tricky - is it 'an equal amount' or a separately rolled 2d10?] a bonus 2d10 damage on her next unarmed strike. At level eight she gains an additional daily use of this ability, and can choose to increase the damage taken, as well as bonus damage, to 2d12. At tenth level she can increase both to 2d20 if she chooses, and gains another daily use".

Nothing much to say here. Options are nice.

This can be potentially problematic if you underestimate the number of magical effects on you and end up killing yourself with an extra 8d8 damage. Perhaps a clause that, if the damage would kill you, you can't use the ability?

I'd make the same 'sacrifice a round' to "reduce the duration of her rage by one round" change.

Minor grammar correction - 'A/The fist of fury cannot ... '

A size modifier of one is a +1 bonus to AC and attack rolls, as well as Hide, Move Silently & Co. I'm not sure if this is what you want. Perhaps '...becomes enlarged - her size category is increased to the next highest for the duration ...' ?

So, the save is one-time and protects from all of the damage? Or is it one save per round?

I'd change the current save explanation to "those within 20 feet of her must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score or ... "

Is there any other kind of magma?

I'd change 'starts aging two times slower' to "ages half as fast", 'unarmed strike becomes treated as adamantine' to "unarmed strikes are treated as admantine for the purposes of bypassing Damage Reduction and hardness" and 'Any weapon who touches Fist of Fury must make sucessful Fortitude save on DC equal her Constitution or is dealt 2d12 damage' to "Any weapon that touches the fist of fury must make a Fortitude save, with a DC equal to the fist of fury's Constitution score, or take 2d12 points of fire damage". Remember that fire damage is halved against objects, so you might want to buff the damage.

---

All in all, I think it's a good class. The wording issues aren't much of a problem except for a few exceptions.
    Thanks a lot, I will apply these changes immidiately.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

something I've noticed in all 3 of your classes is that you have minimum stats as a requirement for entry? Did you do this for flavor purposes or was this supposed to be a limiting requirement in some way?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    something I've noticed in all 3 of your classes is that you have minimum stats as a requirement for entry? Did you do this for flavor purposes or was this supposed to be a limiting requirement in some way?
    Flavor purposes.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

then I'd recommend taking them off. Stats are outlined in the DMG to make very poor prc requirements. In some game situations, stat requirements mean that you've locked out the prc before very high levels, other games would find the same stats so absurdly easy as to be negligible.

thing is, by setting yours so very high, you've made getting into them very nastily hard. Especially the one that requires an 18 in BOTH strength AND constitution. If they're using less than a 29 point buy or if the dice don't give them some high rolls, you're looking at it taking forever for the character to qualify for the prc, if they can at all pre-epic.

besides which, if those stats are the key stats to the prc, they'll want to make them as high as possible anyways but requiring them to be high is just mean to people that don't minmax. You already have feats on the requirements that fit the fluff. I'd recommend taking out the stat requirements entirely.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Goblin

then I'd recommend taking them off. Stats are outlined in the DMG to make very poor prc requirements. In some game situations, stat requirements mean that you've locked out the prc before very high levels, other games would find the same stats so absurdly easy as to be negligible.

thing is, by setting yours so very high, you've made getting into them very nastily hard. Especially the one that requires an 18 in BOTH strength AND constitution. If they're using less than a 29 point buy or if the dice don't give them some high rolls, you're looking at it taking forever for the character to qualify for the prc, if they can at all pre-epic.

besides which, if those stats are the key stats to the prc, they'll want to make them as high as possible anyways but requiring them to be high is just mean to people that don't minmax. You already have feats on the requirements that fit the fluff. I'd recommend taking out the stat requirements entirely.
    You convinced me, I'll take them down for all three PrCs. I was thinking that Orcish Juggernaut has too many of them anyway.

Edit: Done:

UPDATE:
    *Removed Constituion Prequisite.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-06-03 at 07:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

well, man on fire, I think I might have to just eat crow for a moment.

you did indeed mean it when you said I could come in and pick at your homebrew. My hat is off to you. I will most certainly allow your homebrew in my next game.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Goblin

well, man on fire, I think I might have to just eat crow for a moment.

you did indeed mean it when you said I could come in and pick at your homebrew. My hat is off to you. I will most certainly allow your homebrew in my next game.
    Wow, thanks, I wasn't expecting so possitive response. First of all, I'm happy I could let you have look at my homebrews, wanted to show that not everybody gets mad at criticism. If you ever happen to have somebody use them in your games, don't forget to tell me how it went, especially if any balance issues would appear (gosh, I need to get into a game to test those things one day). Hope you had fun time

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

you've got some good ideas, perhaps I will get to test them.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Goblin

you've got some good ideas, perhaps I will get to test them.
    Thanks. I should also point out they wouldn't be so good without all the freeback and criticism from other people.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Goblin

Update: Changed Monk abilities so the class now don't give them but stack with Monk levels you already have. This way is clearer and Barbarian entry won't get useless abilities.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Goblin

UPDATE:
    Changed Bonus Feat for Greater Rage.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Well done, this seems like a great class, I only have a few issues:

HD: 10, I think this is to low, with all the damage that you can do to yourself, and the lower AC you will have from no shield(most likley) and raging, your going to be quickly running out of the only thing keeping you alive.
    I think it MUST be a d12, hell I was looking for HP boosts when i saw how much damage he can do to himself and fell short when i saw the HD.

This is reflected in the Hot Blood ability, if you stick with D10 (which I hope you do not) 2d6 is too much, that effectively is more than levels worth of HP's. either bring it down to 2d4 (well within d10 HD) or bring up your HD to D12.

Hot Blood, Healing Anger, Cannon Punch, and Burning Blood do not have an action to activate, I'm assuming it's either a swift or a free. Free would allow them to activate it as needed any amount of times in a round, while swift would make more sense and limit the use.

Healing Anger, why not just grant Fast healing, the class hurts itself and granting fast healing (1 or 2) while raging would be fluff wise, awesome and mechanically speaking in synch with the amount of damage you can deal to yourself.

Magma Blood, I would make the damage the weapons take level with the character over a static amount, so maybe 1d8 or 1d12 per point of Con modifier?

Other than those small things, great class, great fluff. Good job.

EDIT:
    Also, be careful about using pics without permission from the artist, Mods have been removing them for breaking forum rules. (I know cause I got dinged).
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-11-22 at 04:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

um... any characters using this class will be getting the majority of their hp from things outside their hit die. an average of one hit point per hit die is hardly a deal breaker. In addition to likely having a hefty con mod, you have to have improved toughness to get in.

the hit die is not nearly as big a deal as you claim.

edit: also, if he took all your suggestions and used them, he'd be ramping up the class's power to the level where it joins the rest of the homebrew section in being shunned in actual gameplay.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-22 at 05:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

um... any characters using this class will be getting the majority of their hp from things outside their hit die. an average of one hit point per hit die is hardly a deal breaker. In addition to likely having a hefty con mod, you have to have improved toughness to get in.

the hit die is not nearly as big a deal as you claim.

edit: also, if he took all your suggestions and used them, he'd be ramping up the class's power to the level where it joins the rest of the homebrew section in being shunned in actual gameplay.
    the average increase from d10 to d12 is huge, as that is per level, which scales with level accordingly, whereas toughness does not, its just static boost.

So you think having fast healing suddenly makes this PRC broken? fast healing is in no way (especially limited in uses such as rage is) broken, its less effective than a 1st level wand of lesser vigor. which is easily affordable at the level of entry into this PRC. I see no balance issue with that at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!