New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Fighter: a PrC Retool (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

The Fighter

Prerequisites:
    BAB: 6
    Special: Cannot have any levels in the Fighter base class from the Player's Handbook, nor can you take levels in it later.

Skills: The Fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).
    Skillpoints at 1st level: (2+Int Mod) x4
    Skillpoints at level up: 2+Int Mod
    Hit Die: D10

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Bonus Feat

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Bonus Feat

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Bonus Feat

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Bonus Feat

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Bonus Feat

6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Bonus Feat

7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Bonus Feat

8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Bonus Feat

9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Bonus Feat

10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Bonus Feat[/table]

Proficiencies: A Fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).

Bonus Feat: At every level, a Fighter gets a bonus feat. These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as Fighter bonus feats. A Fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

For the purpose of qualifying for feats, treat your level in Fighter as twice what it actually is.

These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. A Fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.
    Last edited by Noctis Vigil; 2012-05-09 at 05:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Fighter: a PrC Retool (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

I kinda see the reasoning. Fighter feats are slightly better if they come in twice as fast, you get it over with, and then you move on to some other class. Not sure in what way this qualifies as a PrC, though. Where are the requirements? PrCs should have entry requirements that at least ostensibly prevent you from taking them until 6th level.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

So no Greater Spec, or any of those other fighter level 12+ feats...

Fighter is bad enough as a base class, making it a PrC without adding anything (except feats) whilst actually reducing the number of feats you can quailfy for is a rather myopic approach isn't it?
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    I kinda see the reasoning. Fighter feats are slightly better if they come in twice as fast, you get it over with, and then you move on to some other class. Not sure in what way this qualifies as a PrC, though. Where are the requirements? PrCs should have entry requirements that at least ostensibly prevent you from taking them until 6th level.
    Added some prerequisites. I knew I forgot something...

As for being PrCs, I've also added enough on these classes that you can run them from the start of a character if you want, giving you the option to master two classes in 20 levels instead of just one. As I stated in the Wizard thread, this is recommended for extremely high power games only.

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    So no Greater Spec, or any of those other fighter level 12+ feats...

Fighter is bad enough as a base class, making it a PrC without adding anything (except feats) whilst actually reducing the number of feats you can quailfy for is a rather myopic approach isn't it?
    Fixed this issue, thank you for pointing it out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Vigil View Post
    As for being PrCs, I've also added enough on these classes that you can run them from the start of a character if you want, giving you the option to master two classes in 20 levels instead of just one. As I stated in the Wizard thread, this is recommended for extremely high power games only.
    I'm waiting for my players to see these and then pester me to run a gestalt game with them. I'd do it tbh power can easily be over come, while powerful The idea of cramming full bab, and full pisonic, divine and arcane casting into one character I'd GM the game just to see how it pans out...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would suggest no more than 3 players for a game like that. You certainly wouldn't want for versatility!
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    I would suggest no more than 3 players for a game like that. You certainly wouldn't want for versatility!
    My group is currently bouncing from 2-4 players with peoples lives and yes versatility would be crazy, though to really pull it of you need the 10 level factotum possabiliy the best 10 levels ever, for versatility even if most of it would be just for the extra actions . Though honestly I think if we did that game it would be around 3 players and I'd run them though WLD just to see how it goes best part is as far as I know none of them have touched WLD yet so no meta gaming from them.

You know what's weird this whole 10 level base class idea could actually lead to a very nice fix to how DnD for some classes starts to suck around lvl 10. It deffently opens up a lot of doors multi class wise and in a good way too.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Dumorimasoddaa View Post
    My group is currently bouncing from 2-4 players with peoples lives and yes versatility would be crazy, though to really pull it of you need the 10 level factotum possabiliy the best 10 levels ever, for versatility even if most of it would be just for the extra actions . Though honestly I think if we did that game it would be around 3 players and I'd run them though WLD just to see how it goes best part is as far as I know none of them have touched WLD yet so no meta gaming from them.

You know what's weird this whole 10 level base class idea could actually lead to a very nice fix to how DnD for some classes starts to suck around lvl 10. It deffently opens up a lot of doors multi class wise and in a good way too.
    As I stated in the Sorcerer thread, I don't recommend these for gestalt, but the final decision on that is your call. If you do it, let me know how it plays out, could you?

As for how classes turned out, my retool of the Paladin worked out like the class was made to be 10 levels long.

And what does WLD mean? Not a TLA I've seen on these forums before.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Vigil View Post
    As I stated in the Sorcerer thread, I don't recommend these for gestalt, but the final decision on that is your call. If you do it, let me know how it plays out, could you?

As for how classes turned out, my retool of the Paladin worked out like the class was made to be 10 levels long.

And what does WLD mean? Not a TLA I've seen on these forums before.
    Worlds Largest Dungeon it's a rather large 3rd party published adventure it hits about 850 pages long. It could likely get a normal party into epic levels if every encounter is done. Though moving loot and just finding enough food and safe places to sleep is an adventure on it's own. It contains one of each type of OGL creature as well (more or less). I've not know a group to actually make it all the way though what with wealth by level and magic being slightly wonky due to being unable to leave said dungeon.