New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Multiplayer Games for 360 and/or Wii?

Hey guys recently due to DMing a PnP Game the amount of people I'm entertaining has swelled quite a bit and the rare time or schedules align allowing us to run a full day session my players tend to get a bit restless after a few sessions so I bring out some food and we ussually have a smash bros tourney or something.

Now the main problem here is thats all I have multiplayer wise since having more than one person over at a time is a new concept to me so I mostly have 1-player games (and some games like the Tales of.... series)

Now I only have 2 xbox controllers and 2 wii controllers but I have to TVs so I'm fine with two player games on both...but the wii I could easily get on or two of my players to bring a few extras.

Now games like Dokapon kingdom and Mario Party would sound great but unfortunately they take to long...I want games that can be played in short sessions because we really only play until we finsih eating than get back to DnD.

Right now I'm trying to hunt down Soul Caliber 4 for 360 (proving to be a challenge) and I recently picked up Tatsunko vx. Capcom (Wii) and Ulltimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) so I pretty covered on the fighting games.

Any suggestions guys?

Sidenote: I don't have a Kinect and I want to avoid motion controlly games for the Wii because my basement is not setup to have enough room for that (My DnD/Painting Area takes up most of the space)

Sidenote2: Preferably games with "Couch multiplayer" as I only have a single Inet cord (I don't trust wireless) and we use a online file storage for our charcaters,etc. and prefer to keep that plugged in
    Last edited by Blind_Prophet; 2012-05-02 at 09:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Multiplayer Games for 360 and/or Wii?

Halo.
    Any fighting game.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mario Kart is always a classic. The races are fairly short and the game is fun for beginners.

Me and my friends used to play Wario Ware back in the day. It's got a minigame mode with mini games that take maybe 10 seconds max to do and you just pass the controller around. Dunno if there is a more recent one out as it wasn't my Wii but I really enjoyed that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Mario Kart is always a classic. The races are fairly short and the game is fun for beginners.

Me and my friends used to play Wario Ware back in the day. It's got a minigame mode with mini games that take maybe 10 seconds max to do and you just pass the controller around. Dunno if there is a more recent one out as it wasn't my Wii but I really enjoyed that.
    Yeah Wario Ware is definately on the list but my funds are a bit limited so just looking for other peoples opinions and hoping someone comes out of the woodwork with a hidden gem :D

As for Mario Kart....yeah its far beyond the point of fun...not a bad game its just TOO easy and none of us like regular racing games.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Prophet View Post
    Right now I'm trying to hunt down Soul Caliber 4 for 360 (proving to be a challenge) and I recently picked up Tatsunko vx. Capcom (Wii) and Ulltimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) so I pretty covered on the fighting games.
    No Brawl? Then you're not covered. it's good to see you have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but Brawl is a completely different beast from Everything vs Capcom games.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    No Brawl? Then you're not covered. it's good to see you have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but Brawl is a completely different beast from Everything vs Capcom games.
    Smash Brothers was the first thing he mentioned, back in the first sentence of his post.

Anyway, afraid I can't be much help. I pretty much play fighting games and ME3 for multiplayer, and the latter requires using an internet connection even for local play. If you wanted to try out further fighting games I'd recommend the BlazBlue series or the recently-released XBLA title Skullgirls, or perhaps Mortal Kombat (9) or Street Fighter x Tekken if you want slower-paced ones. But if you are indeed set on those, don't think I can help any further.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-05-03 at 10:49 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Here's some games I'm thinking of picking up (as well as a few random party type games)

Wii

Rayman Origins
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Sonic Colors
    Megamind
    Ghostbusters
    Soul Caliber Legends??
    Rampage
    Just Dance 3
    Epic Mickey 2

Left for Dead 1/2
    Soul Caliber 4
    Portal 2
    Borderlands
    Saints Row 2
    Rainbow Six
    Dynasty Warriors (number doesn't really matter)
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2/3
    Dead Island
    Overlord 1/2

Looking into Ps2 games now as well (I dragged an old CRT TV out of the crawlspace)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Both Rainbow Six: Vegas games were a blast on the 360. Good for short play, but could also go well if you ever find yourself wanting to play for longer. Only two player per system, but that sounds like the set-up you have anyways!
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Everything vs Capcom games.
    I really do wish they would add characters from different/older games like Breath of Fire