New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

HALO

Heroes
    Adventurers
    Liberators
    Organization

HALO, an organization of holiness, light, fun, and roleplay! Well… The last two, definitely. Three out of four if you count those new energy saving LEDs installed last year. All of the above if you’re working with a strict definition of “holiness” that focuses on quantity of deities over quality… Suffice to say, HALO is the longest continuously running faction that focuses on fighting evil, protecting the innocent, and bringing interesting people together socially in this FreeForm RolePlay.

The base itself is a physically undefined complex deep under the ocean and it takes exactly as long to get from one part to another as you’d like, whether out of convenience or for the sake of Narrative. That said, over the years we’ve ended up defining several rooms, creating new ones as needed, and even utilizing locations that aren’t in the main base but are still considered part of the organization. We’ve tried to list as many of the frequently used or otherwise important areas in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Locations
    Show
    Entrance Hall: The base's atrium, with the shuttlepod airlock at one end, the hallways on the other, and teleporter rings and portals lining the walls.

Hallways: When a bored character is looking for interaction, they'll just walk around the labyrinth of corridors hoping to literally bump into someone. Notable features include, but are not limited to, neutral carpet, neutral drywall, neutral drop tile ceiling, huge windows to lookit all da fishies, potted plants at strategic intervals, and security cameras with microphones.

The Pool: For when you want to go swimming without dealing with crushing pressure or the Deep Ones.

The Training Room/Gym/Place People Practice the Fighting: From friendly sparring to training montages, even the edgiest characters need to stay honed.

Kyrian and BR’s simulation room: Built by ancient members beneath the training room, this X-Men/Star Trek ripoff can get you as close to the Real Thing as you can get without actually having to be in the Real Thing, for any Real Thing you can think of.

The range: Pew pew! Bang! BOOM!!!

Labs: HALO members who are inclined towards the sciences, mad or otherwise, can customize labs however they want to support the more combative members. Or just make fun stuff.

Library: HALO members who are giant dorks can be found here, reading books like a bunch of nerds.

Strategy Room: When a mission is being planned or an operation is being supervised it has to happen in a room with one big screen, lots of computers at desks, and dramatic comms.

Security Room: A small nook with a desk and a wall of monitors, with computers and servers stacked along the back. Used for watching and recording all of the security feeds as well as running the base defenses.

Armory: Stocked with all the weapons and equipment needed or wanted. Members can store the specific gear they use in lockers between missions.

Infirmary: Health potions, high-tech scanners, modern medicine, and really comfy beds.

Kitchen A: Many scenes happen in the kitchen!

Kitchen B: So many, we have two!

The Dorms: Every member has a room to themselves that they can decorate however they want.

THAT Room: You know the one. When you need a setting for a scene. Not THIS room, but THAT one.

Aerial Base: Floating high in the air over the ocean is a giant island kept aloft by magitech. There are several buildings and structures on one side, including multiple hangers, air traffic control facilities, and secure storage for ordinance. A couple runways are paved on the other side. Prometheus Securities contractors work with HALO's DRD caretakers to keep the whole place running. When the Organization needs some extra airpower, whether it's just to get everyone to a plot or to help end the plot with explosions, they teleport up to the Aerial Base and use one of several aircraft.

Fort Itude: A portal inside HALO's base proper connects to a Vulpanian military base located in Outside. HALO has many personal ties to Vulpanian citizens and quite a few mutually beneficial professional ties as well. Paladins of Civiron and Special Operations Teams can be called on to help out in rare situations. The Royal Clandestine Agency station inside the Fort is also willing to provide HALO members with intelligence on Nexus affairs, for a price. More of a plothook generator or barracks for supporting NPCs than anything.

Spoiler: Previous Threads
    Show

HALO I
    HALO II
    HALO III
    HALO IV
    HALO V
    HALO VI
    HALO VII
    HALO VIII
    HALO IX
    HALO X
    HALO XI
    HALO XII
    HALO XIII
    HALO XIV
    HALO XV
    HALO XVI
    HALO XVII
    HALO XVIII
    HALO XIX: Now thinking with Portals
    HALO XX: I Hate Roman Numerals.
    HALO XXI: Randomness Present 24/7.
    HALO XXII: I'll be coming home, just to be alone...
    HALO XXIII: Yes, we ARE watching you...
    HALO XXIV: Yeah, we're that cool!
    HALO XXV: Where Sleep is the Answer
    HALO XXVI: Too many threads to count.
    HALO XXVII: What are you looking at?!
    HALO XXVIII: Romance is More Important than You, AMEN
    HALO XXIX: 'Cuz We're So Much Better!
    HALO XXX: Brand Spankin' New!
    HALO XXXI: Look Out, Super Bowl!
    HALO XXXII: What do you mean "overpowered"?
    HALO XXXIII: The sea's evaporating, though it comes as no surprise....
    HALO XXXIV: We Switched to Decaf.
    HALO XXXV: Open to Suggestions
    HALO XXXVI More seasons then.....
    HALO XXXVII: I blame your for the moonlit sky...
    HALO XXXVIII: He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done
    HALO XXXIX: In Dee Ana Jones and the Invaders of the Last Quark!!!
    HALO XL: To see the right....
    HALO XLI: This was a triumph, I'm making a note here....
    HALO XLII: Can't hear the rhythm for the drums.
    HALO XLIII: He Who Wishes to Secure.....
    HALO XLIV: I see a man with a flag and he leads the procession...
    HALO XLV: I'm Good Because I Didn't Shoot
    HALO XLVI: I don't believe in the sky bully.
    HALO XLVII: I ride this train in the windswept afternoon.....
    HALO XLVIII: If we couldn't laugh, we would go insane.
    HALO XLIX: . . . Sense? What's that?
    HALO L: In HALO, Evil Fight You!
    HALO LI: Link! He come to town, then he left.
    HALO LII: This thread is what all true warriors strive for!
    HALO LIII: You're a Little Short for Gods...
    HALO LIV: War! What is it good for?
    HALO LV: Absolutely nothing of importance or value
    HALO LVI: More kids than an orphanage
    HALO LVII: It's okay if the good guys do it......
    HALO LVIII: Tom Cruise Crazy.
    HALO LVIX: Who's Gonna Tell You When It's Too Late
    HALO LX: The End Of The World As We Know It.
    HALO LXI: Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers.
    HALO LXII: Quote, what quote? Where?
    HALO LXIII: This is not Sparta
    HALO LXIV: We do not require additional pylons
    HALO LXV: Do you believe in Miracles?
    HALO LXVI: Song to say goodbye...
    HALO LXVII: Oww my IQ.
    HALO LXVIII: Shiiiiiny!
    HALO LXIX: Get your mind into the gutter
    HALO LXX: Mouthwash? Good deeds don't leave a bad aftertaste
    HALO LXXI: Title Broke
    HALO LXXII (apparently): All Good People Know Good People
    HALO LXXIII: Some Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them
    HALO LXXIV: Strange Infatuation Seems to Grace the Evening Tide.....
    HALO 75: Now with Arabic Numerals!
    HALO LXXVI (I think): The incredible, edible egg, er, thread.
    HALO 77: (insert pop culture reference here).
    HALO 78
    HALO 79: This is taking too dang quick!
    HALO LXXX: Biggest and the Best!
    HALO LXXXI: Fighting against evil since founding!
    HALO LXXXII: In some galaxies this is called 'loitering'
    HALO LXXXIII
    HALO LXXXIV: Rise of The Killer Mutant Gerbilturtles!
    HALO LXXXV: I can see my house from here!
    HALO LXXXVI: Paladins are kredit to team!
    HALO LXXXVII: "Yes, we do have an angel. An annoying one."
    HALO LXXXVIII: Drama, Hugs, and Not Much Else, Really.
    HALO LXXXIX: Not quite 90210 but close
    HALO XC: Is that the right numeral?
    HALO XCI: Once upon a time, in ACRO Nexus...
    HALO XCII: It's just I react to certain doom a certain way
    HALO XCIII: After the boys of Summer have gone...
    HALO XCIV: Insert Comic Book Quote Here
    HALO XCV: Under the Sea!
    HALO XCVI: Will do love plots for food
    HALO XCVII: We're in your Base, killing your Dudes.
    HALO XCVIII: We came here in peace, and we expect to go in one...piece.
    HALO XCIX: The months just fly by... and are usually distracted by shiny objects
    HALO C: Just over 150,000 posts!
    HALO CI: 101 Relations
    HALO CII: Love triangle are so last season, Love hexigons are so in!
    HALO CIII: Now With 60% More Cowbell
    HALO CIV: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble...
    HALO CV: We're just ot pretty to die.
    HALO CVI: Criminal Villain Investigators
    HALO CVII: My Grandma said, you want honey? Follow the bees!
    HALO CVII: These numbers are getting ridiculous
    HALO CIX: 109 Fists in the Air
    HALO CX: Maybe it's made of chocolate
    HALO CXI: Playing Little Mermaid music 24/7
    HALO CXII: This time, it's not HALO CXI
    HALO CXIII: Undomesticated equines cannot keep you away
    HALO CXIV: Defying the laws of Deadtime
    HALO CXV: I'm going to go mad, and I'm taking you with me
    HALO CXVII: Finish the Fight... Eventually
    HALO CXVIII: Get the reference or get out
    HALO CXIX: Now in the future too!
    HALO CXX: Thread by Pally, awesome by others
    HALO CXXI: I don't suppose the word "dweeb" means anything to you guys
    HALO CXXII: Tobias Couldn't Stand Us Any More! Can You?
    HALO CXXIII: Dance for Your Life!
    HALO CXXIV: What Insanity?
    HALO CXXVI is sponsored by: EDENcorp. for your convenience
    HALO CXXVII: Can YOU find the difference?
    HALO CXXVIII: Your planet's weird...
    HALO CXXIX: We Have Beach Access!
    HALO CXXX: We sponsor Paladins!
    HALO CXXXI It's Covered in BEEEEES!(I do't know how many E's.
    HALO CXXXII I see one more numeral!
    HALO-CXXXIII:Catgirls ,Emo's and lesbians 'R' us!
    HALO 135: Still counting!
    HALO CXXXV: Oi, you! Get in here!
    HALO CXXXVI: We are the terror that flaps in the night!
    HALO CXXXVII: Blankity blankity blank!
    HALO 138: Oh fer cryin' out loud!

HALO CXXXIX: Just 11 more threads and we get a free one!
    HALO CXCI: Yeah, we totally counted 135 twice
    HALO CXL: Nice Place you Got Here!
    HALO CXLI: Red Fish/Blue Fish
    HALO CXLII: Everybody is dead Dave
    HALO CLXIII: It all comes down to this...no! No! Not that!
    HALO CXLIV: Where homicidal embodiments of evil dust our vases
    HALO CXLV: Glub glub. Fugu!
    HALO CXLVI: That number keeps getting bigger
    HALO CXLVII: Right! I forgot to say, I told you so!
    HALO CXLVIII: Think about it.
    HALO 149: I Am Arabic Numerals (And So Can You!)
    HALO CL: We Are 150% Legendary!
    Halo CLI: Now with 10% more stuff
    HALO 152, Take 2
    HALO 153: Where Singing "Under the Sea" is Heavily Discouraged
    HALO 154: That is the mission

HALO 155: "Drow, Infernal, Fox-Signal, whatever else you got..."
    HALO 156: Incurring Aquaman's Jealousy
    HALO 157: But Who Was Ocean?
    HALO 158: Yeah, well, I thought I was ingeniouser.
    HALO 159: Part of Your Omniverse
    HALO 160: Base-Trapped
    HALO 161: We Are The Ocean
    HALO 162: One Night In HALO Makes A Hard Man Humble
    HALO 163: Three fries short of a Happy Meal
    HALO 164: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey base of stuff
    HALO 165: Disturbing the Fishy Neighbors Since Forever
    HALO 166: Kicking Down Evil's Door Since '07
    HALO 167: Whatever happened to Roman numerals?
    HALO 168: Nunc com pluribus verbis adrogantibus
    HALO 169: Look at this place! Isn't it neat?
    HALO 170: You want your thread? HERE IS YOUR THREAD!!!
    HALO 171: Public Dreams
    HALO 172: Bee Nightmare
    HALO 173: Emotionally Stable Characters Not Welcome
    HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you are
    HALO 175: Insert Witty Comment Here
    HALO 176: Sic TransitlawlnopeFFnotdoingthis
    HALO 177: かわいい猫がいる
    HALO 178: Mia clementia denor esto
    HALO 179: Under New MAGnegement!
    HALO 180: Turn 360 Degrees And Moonwalk Away
    HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

Visiting HALO
    HALO is located Under the Sea! However that doesn't mean you can't visit...
    1. There are Shuttlepods providing arrivals and departures on a regular schedule. The docking bay is located on a beach right next to a Riftline station, so just about anyone in Inside or Riverside can come.
    2. There are no active anti-teleport wards!
    3. If you can't teleport yourself, there are Ring Transporters, which link to (among other places) Mallside, Nexus's premiere shopping center.

Joining HALO
    Joining is simple! All you have to do is...
    1. Walk into the base (see our “Visiting HALO” section above).
    2. Tell a Senior Member you want to join (Currently Tobias or Civvy, but we’re looking for more people willing to take on the grave responsibility of accepting new members. PM FireFox or Mee if interested).
    3. That’s it! Welcome, new member! Please help the Organization out as much as you’re comfortable with and listen to the Senior Members.

Helping HALO
    Now that you’re a member, you may be interested in contributing to the Organization’s mission. A few good ways to pitch in are…
    1. Plots! Whether you’re joining a plot or running one for other members, it’s hard to go wrong with fighting bad guys. Tobias keeps a whiteboard that lists all of the current plothooks with room underneath for members to sign up. Go ahead and find a problem somewhere in the multiverse that looks like your particular flavor of cool can solve.
    2. Interaction! While there is nothing stopping a member of HALO from ignoring all other members of HALO, it’s a lot of fun to make two wildly different characters hang out and learn more about each other. Civvy has a poster-board hung up with the names of all current members and the rooms she’s usually seen them in. Go ahead and ambush someone just to ask for their life story and favorite things.
    3. Represent! When you’re looking for something to do outside the base, think about what sort of plots and events are happening in the Nexus as a whole. There are all sorts of opportunities for community service and Org promotion to be found if you ask around. Go ahead and pop into public threads so you can work on HALO’s relations with other groups and the common person.

Fighting HALO

Villains, please read this...
    1. Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, there is an important distinction between “In Character” conflict and “Out Of Character” conflict. In communal roleplay, it is considered polite to check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack.
    2. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say (Mind if I introduce a villain here?) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.
    3. Also bear in mind that HALO is home to a considerable number of high powered PCs. Just because they are used to more social RP doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t put up a stiff resistance to any attackers. You may find Nexus players more willing to scale their characters’ power levels if you raise the subject ahead of time!
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Entrance!

"No, it isn't a life hammer. It's more of a smashy-smash-and-also-a-wizard-staff hammer.
    Also, I go to magic school at Zaff's. I want to join but I don't know if I can live here. You know, gotta graduate before I do permanent stuff like that."

It'll be just like a superhero show!
    "Oh, all right! Well, when you join, we could give you a room anyway! You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but just in case later if you decide you want it, or just need a place to crash -- or a quiet study room off of school grounds --, you are of course welcome to it!
    If you want!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Entrance!

"I think I would like to join, then. I believe I could be very helpful to you folks." Quin's eyes shift almost imperceptibly. If he had a face, he'd be smiling, but it's conveyed well enough through his eyes and voice that Isaac and Civvy most likely get the gist.
    Entrance

"All right! Welcome to HALO then! If you'd like, I can show you to the rooms, and you can pick out the one you like the most!
    I know you were more eeeeh about it, IS, but if you're welcome to come too, if you want to just see the rooms? Or you could explore, meet a few others?

OOOH. OR. OR. WE COULD TOUR. TOOOOUUUUR."

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Hallways]

Civilians. No. Thank you. Douglas replies politely through gritted teeth, pointedly thrusting his arm out to cause the sleeve of his jacket to ride up, then bending at the elbow in an exaggerated motion to check his wristwatch. Is time truly of an essence here? Can't hurt to make that seem to be the case.

Honey's initial response is lost in the muffled smacking as she does her best to inhale the pastry. After she swallows she tries again. Theology. I study religions and try to analyze their doctrines and dogma. Chemistry is the other name for Alchemy, right?
    Hallway

"Oh. Well. All right then. Your loss." Grace shrugs slightly. Douglas was welcome to say no. His choice.

The croissant is also absolutely amazing. Just the right amount of buttery goodness to puffy and flakiness that makes a croissant wonderful. They'd give the Heavens' own bakeries a run for their money.
    "That sounds fascinating and I would absolutely love to hear more!" Though Grace did have to stifle a bit of a giggle when Honey said the word 'dogma'. SHE HID IT PRETTY WELL TOO. GOSH.
    "Yeah, basically! Few nuance differences, but those are super minor. Though it, uh, looks like your friend here rather wants to get going. You should swing by the lab! I'd love to talk to you more!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance!

"Well, I think I still want to join but I won't say no if you have extra rooms lying around." His little blond-tipped tail flicks in amusement as he kneels down and offers an arm to Civvy.
    "I can give you a lift for your tour if you'd like. Two-legged elephants aren't as good for sitting but I think my shoulders are big enough." he says. She's cheery so he thinks she'd enjoy that.
    While he's down there he picks up his jacket. ((is it the size it was before or elephant-sized?))
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Entrance!

"I think a tour would be wonderful, if you don't mind." He would've offered to let Civvy ride on his shoulder, but Isaac beat him to the punch. Instead, he'll simply wait to see where Civvy leads them first.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #5

Entrance!

"Well, I think I still want to join but I won't say no if you have extra rooms lying around." His little blond-tipped tail flicks in amusement as he kneels down and offers an arm to Civvy.
    "I can give you a lift for your tour if you'd like. Two-legged elephants aren't as good for sitting but I think my shoulders are big enough." he says. She's cheery so he thinks she'd enjoy that.
    While he's down there he picks up his jacket. ((is it the size it was before or elephant-sized?))
    Entrance

"It's HALO! There's always room! And if you want to join, then Welcome Officially to HALO! Two new members! Today is great!" And then she squees a little bit, clapping a few times, before clambering up his arm.
    His jacket is actually elephant sized! Though when he reverts back, will find itself human sized, even if he's not actively wearing it. The jacket would also continue to flippidy flop like that as he flippidy flopped back and forth. Because Civvy's nice like that.

Entrance!

"I think a tour would be wonderful, if you don't mind." He would've offered to let Civvy ride on his shoulder, but Isaac beat him to the punch. Instead, he'll simply wait to see where Civvy leads them first.
    "Onwards then! To the . . . uh . . . that way!" Civvy says, pointing them all down a hallway to the left. She doesn't have much of an order to the tour, instead just walking them around all over the place. She's enjoying being carried places.
    But she does show them all the places! A list of most all of them can be seen in the newly edited first post! But she doesn't take them to allllll those places.
    She does take 'em to the pooool, the kitchen, the training place that she can never remember the name of, the room with the TV, and then finally the dorms! They are welcome to talk to her along the way, ask questions, or whatever!
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-01-19 at 02:15 AM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "Or someone, perhaps," Cherie says in agreement. "But in any case, if I am indeed welcome here, shall I choose a room?"
    Khaari nods. "Yes, someones can work too---and pick any empty room you like. They're more or less all the same til you make it your own.

----

[Office]
    Khaari is also headed this way, either because she thinks Tobias had something to talk with her about, or because she might be in trouble again and she'd like to check how much. It's a hobby of hers.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour!

Isaac slips his jacket on.
    "Wow, fits great. If I brought a box of my clothes could you help with that? " Isaac half-jokes as they go on their tour.
    He also stops for a pretty good time to admire the pool. Shouldn't be hard to figure out he's considering coming back.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Fair enough. Sitting around waiting is boring. I wouldn't want to stand awkwardly waiting for someone to pop up for ages.
    Esmock nodded. "Exactly." The demon's tail swayed, beginning to bore already, and he said "Well thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna go find the kitchen, we should get lunch sometime!" and tried to sidestep Grant to keep looking.

HALOです。

9. - Top - End - #9

NinjaGuy

Tour!

Quin stays quiet, simply observing through most of the tour, silently marveling at the fact that this place seems built to be able to handle people of his size, along with everyone else. He seems disinterested in the pool (he can't float and he knows it). When they get to the training room, he does finally pipe up.

"How much call is there for someone skilled in the arts of battle here? I would like to help out however I can, but I'm not good at much other than fighting and moving heavy things around."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #10

Tour!

Isaac slips his jacket on.
    "Wow, fits great. If I brought a box of my clothes could you help with that? " Isaac half-jokes as they go on their tour.
    He also stops for a pretty good time to admire the pool. Shouldn't be hard to figure out he's considering coming back.
    "Proooobably not without stepping on some toes. But I can absolutely help you find someone that is able to!"

Tour!

Quin stays quiet, simply observing through most of the tour, silently marveling at the fact that this place seems built to be able to handle people of his size, along with everyone else. He seems disinterested in the pool (he can't float and he knows it). When they get to the training room, he does finally pipe up.

"How much call is there for someone skilled in the arts of battle here? I would like to help out however I can, but I'm not good at much other than fighting and moving heavy things around."
    "Quite a lot, actually! Your skills would definitely be in demand!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour!

"But you- that's fine. No problem.
    I'm pretty good at wrecking stuff myself, but I can't say the ritzy stuff here seems pretty fun. I'd love to take a dip in the pool once Quin's done, though I never really learned how to swim. And I don't have a loxodon-sized swimsuit, but whatever."
    Isaac says, assuming Quin can't go in the pool. Or at least can't really enjoy it.

12. - Top - End - #12

NinjaGuy

Tour!

"Hmmm, well then, I suppose we should see the dorms, and then I can see about whom might best benefit from my abilities." The smile returns to Quin's voice and eyes as he nods at Civvy and Isaac.

13. - Top - End - #13

Dorms

"You'll have to come and see my room when it is well and truly mine, then," Cherie says. "You have an open invitation." She even winks at that, the dork.

14. - Top - End - #14

Tour!

"But you- that's fine. No problem.
    I'm pretty good at wrecking stuff myself, but I can't say the ritzy stuff here seems pretty fun. I'd love to take a dip in the pool once Quin's done, though I never really learned how to swim. And I don't have a loxodon-sized swimsuit, but whatever."
    Isaac says, assuming Quin can't go in the pool. Or at least can't really enjoy it.
    Toor

"Well, that's why we have the pool! You are absolutely welcome to it whenever you want!"

Tour!

"Hmmm, well then, I suppose we should see the dorms, and then I can see about whom might best benefit from my abilities." The smile returns to Quin's voice and eyes as he nods at Civvy and Isaac.
    Tour

"Yeah! Dorms it is!" Then, if both IS and Quin are ready, Civvy leads them off to the dorms!

The dorms, on the outside, aren't too terribly exciting. Just kind of a few long hallways of doors. Though the doors were frequently decorated. Civvy's door has a few kitten posters on it, as an example. There's a small plaque next to each door, that Civvy explains kind of magically updates to say who the owner of the room is, and maybe a brief message, if that person so chooses.
    There are plenty of empty rooms, though, as many people have discovered prior, all the ones directly around Civvy's room are already taken.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Isaac inspects one of the doors.
    "So...is this one of those 'as big as the person needs it' sort of deals? It would be nice to have big living space." the loxodon muses.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

Tour

Isaac just asked the question that was on Quin's mind, so instead the massive being just looks into a couple of the empty rooms, trying to see if there are any differences between them while listening to Civvy's response.

17. - Top - End - #17

Tour

Isaac inspects one of the doors.
    "So...is this one of those 'as big as the person needs it' sort of deals? It would be nice to have big living space." the loxodon muses.
    Tour

"Sure is! And adjustable after you settle in! Like. I needed more shelf space for my books, soooo I had my entire room made a good 5, 6 feet wider."

Tour

Isaac just asked the question that was on Quin's mind, so instead the massive being just looks into a couple of the empty rooms, trying to see if there are any differences between them while listening to Civvy's response.
    Between the empty rooms? Nope. They were all just about the same. Though if Quin tried to step into any of the rooms, the super advanced sensors would detect that he might not fit to well, and the entire room would resize upwards, and answer the question even before Civvy managed to.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

"Well, that sounds pretty useful. Maybe I can store my school stuff here once I graduate." Isaac muses, then reaches into his pocket to find- a very tiny phone! Or rather, a normal sized one.
    "Oh, right. Elephant hands." he grumbles, stowing it away. He's sure he has plenty of time left before he has to be anywhere.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

Tour

"Hmmm, interesting. I think this one should do, then." He indicates an empty room near the end of the hall, close to a corner. It was the last one he looked in, but the location seems to fit his sensibilities just a bit better.

20. - Top - End - #20

Tour

"Well, that sounds pretty useful. Maybe I can store my school stuff here once I graduate." Isaac muses, then reaches into his pocket to find- a very tiny phone! Or rather, a normal sized one.
    "Oh, right. Elephant hands." he grumbles, stowing it away. He's sure he has plenty of time left before he has to be anywhere.
    Toor

"You are welcome to! The room is yours, for whatever you choose to do with it!"

Tour

"Hmmm, interesting. I think this one should do, then." He indicates an empty room near the end of the hall, close to a corner. It was the last one he looked in, but the location seems to fit his sensibilities just a bit better.
    Tewer

"Good choice! If you need help moving anything else, we can absolutely help you out with that!" Though Civvy wasn't sure he would need it at all. He looked perfectly capable of carrying his own things.
    But the offer was open to everyone, and she wasn't going to start pigeonholing people!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Isaac nods, and reaches for a blank room.
    "I'll...take...this one, then. What should we do now, Civvy? I can move my stuff in later. I'm sure there's something fun or work-y to do. I don't mind pitching in while I'm a loxodon for a few more hours."

22. - Top - End - #22

NinjaGuy

Tewer

Quin shakes his head, then nods at Isaac and Civvy.

"I don't have anything to move; I've been largely outdoors until now, so if there's something I can help with right away, I'd be happy to get started."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shuttle Dock]

Tour pileup? TOUR PILEUP.

The shuttle arrives and opens, revealing a wiry, tanned girl with burning green eyes and what appears to be a very large sword in a leather breakaway sheath. Her leather apron's pockets are full of tools of various natures, and she's carrying a rather fetching flower arrangement.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Tour

Isaac nods, and reaches for a blank room.
    "I'll...take...this one, then. What should we do now, Civvy? I can move my stuff in later. I'm sure there's something fun or work-y to do. I don't mind pitching in while I'm a loxodon for a few more hours."
    Tour

"Thaaaat is a great question!" Civvy admits, with a bit of a nervous smile. "I. Uh. I don't know. Usually after the tour people just find their own stuffs to go do, and I don't see them for a while. I mean. If you want to do something, that would absolutely be wonderful! But I have nooo idea what."

Tewer

Quin shakes his head, then nods at Isaac and Civvy.

"I don't have anything to move; I've been largely outdoors until now, so if there's something I can help with right away, I'd be happy to get started."
    Tewer Like people who were, never raised in a tewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shuttle Dock]

Tour pileup? TOUR PILEUP.

The shuttle arrives and opens, revealing a wiry, tanned girl with burning green eyes and what appears to be a very large sword in a leather breakaway sheath. Her leather apron's pockets are full of tools of various natures, and she's carrying a rather fetching flower arrangement.
    Shuttle Dock SAY YOU'VE GOT AN I-T, FOLLOWED BY APOSTROPHE

Oh gosh! A third person! Civvy can't be in two places at once!? Well. She can. But why does she have people on the payroll if she has to?! Someday she'd have to talk to her boss about this, and have stern words with herself.
    Or more likely not. Because greeting people was fun.

"HI WELCOME TO HALO." Civvy stammers, adjusting her crown slightly after slipping into the room and crashing into a terribly inconveniently located large shelf full of comic sized rubber squeaky mallets.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Isaac chuckles, which sounds a bit odd as it comes out of his nose a little bit. "Well, like I said, I'd be interested in using that pool sometime but I didn't bring any trunks with me. We can go try to talk to the other members if that's the end of the tour." he proposes.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shuttle Dock]
    The lady looks rather concerned, trotting over to offer a hand to the pink running-into-things girl. "Are you okay? Also is the shelf okay?" She offers the flower arrangement, after checking it to make sure it's not one of the feisty ones.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

NinjaGuy

Tour

Quin shrugs and nods when Civvy mentions that people usually do their own thing after the tour.

"I believe then, I shall avail myself of the practice range, if it's alright, and there's nothing pressing that could use my attention. I need to do some exercises with my remote weaponry."

28. - Top - End - #28

Tour

Isaac chuckles, which sounds a bit odd as it comes out of his nose a little bit. "Well, like I said, I'd be interested in using that pool sometime but I didn't bring any trunks with me. We can go try to talk to the other members if that's the end of the tour." he proposes.
    Tour

"Oh, absolutely! Go for it! I'm sure there'll be something you could wear, ooor just you know. There's no one else around. Just shut the doors a bit. No one'll bother you.
    Or yeah! We could talk to people! Iunno who's around. Pretty sure Grace is though. She's in the lab. Probably. Or the kitchen."

Tour

Quin shrugs and nods when Civvy mentions that people usually do their own thing after the tour.

"I believe then, I shall avail myself of the practice range, if it's alright, and there's nothing pressing that could use my attention. I need to do some exercises with my remote weaponry."
    Tour

"That sounds like a great idea! Practice is always good, and there's generally always someone in there."

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shuttle Dock]
    The lady looks rather concerned, trotting over to offer a hand to the pink running-into-things girl. "Are you okay? Also is the shelf okay?" She offers the flower arrangement, after checking it to make sure it's not one of the feisty ones.
    "Yeah, I'm fine! But you should see the other guy!" Um. Civvy? The shelves are perfectly fine too. She seems perfectly fine, as do the shelves. As well as the 437 rubber squeeky mallets all over the floor.
    Though she does take the flowers, her eyes wide. "Oooooh. These are preeeetty. Thank you!

Um. What brings you to HALO?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Isaac actually turns red through his albino skin, and he flinches comedically.
    "Wh-wha? I just got here, I ain't skinny-dipping in your pool." he sputters.

30. - Top - End - #30

Tour

Isaac actually turns red through his albino skin, and he flinches comedically.
    "Wh-wha? I just got here, I ain't skinny-dipping in your pool." he sputters.
    Tour

"Theeeeen should prolly find someone else!"

Iunno if you have anyone else you really want to find, but I can offer Naku or Grace! The latter of whom I don't believe you've met.
    Show