New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    To be fair, "princess" seems to just be the in-universe term for "alicorn". Even the exchange "You're a princess! I'm just a regular old unicorn." implies that the word is used as a race identifier rather than just a title.
    What's the context of that exchange, again? I'll have to take another look at it, and I don't have an hour to spare rewatching the finale.

Anyway, I'd say that Prince Blueblood would be proof that not all princes and princesses are alicorns. My headcanon is that "Prince(ss)" is simply the highest noble title in Equestria. Being an alicorn is simply a rare genetic anomaly (or possibly a form of chimerism, where a pegasus and unicorn zygote fuse together in the womb). Due to their association with Celestia, alicorns are treated as sacred, and they often are allowed to bypass the usual "rules" and gain a noble title, but it's by no means a strict "alicorn = princess" association.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I did link the story but it was on page 49 of the last thread where I'm sure no one saw it. It's a fun, silly story.
    Yes, yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    But virtue needn't be defined by sacrifice.

If kindness is a virtue, and kindness is freely given with no cost to the giver, does it cease being virtuous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Yes, but kindness can be given with cost to oneself. Maybe it's a virtue on account of promising sacrifice.
    Yes, you could say kindness is a virtue because it does have a cost to its giver--they've giving up an easier, more carefree life in which they don't have to mind others, but I was sort of playing devil's advocate. The statement "most people see virtues as sacrifices" is culturally relative. You can decide what the virtues are, but in the end that's all it is, relativism. Though I'll admit that you can find a moral common ground with enough debate and free speech, some attitudes and virtues are mutually exclusive and can't be consolidated like that. A better way of doing it, I think, is by determining the end results of actions and deciding which actions lead to better outcomes. Murder is bad not because it shows in its actor cowardice, rashness, and the inability to solve problems nonviolently, but because most people don't want to die, and murderers have a habit of killing people. You have to go back to the open debate and free speech, but this time find what people want to happen, not what they want to be; you'll find that most people want the same basic things out of life, and that there are a lot of ways for them to get that. I never traced this conversation to its root, so I don't know how much of a tangent this is from that, but it's certainly still related to ponies somehow, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    So basically it was Man's Health with less pictures and nutrition tips??
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    What's the context of that exchange, again? I'll have to take another look at it, and I don't have an hour to spare rewatching the finale.
    Twilight says it to Cadance when they're playing together, in the flashback where Cadance is introduced.

Anyway, I'd say that Prince Blueblood would be proof that not all princes and princesses are alicorns. My headcanon is that "Prince(ss)" is simply the highest noble title in Equestria. Being an alicorn is simply a rare genetic anomaly (or possibly a form of chimerism, where a pegasus and unicorn zygote fuse together in the womb). Due to their association with Celestia, alicorns are treated as sacred, and they often are allowed to bypass the usual "rules" and gain a noble title, but it's by no means a strict "alicorn = princess" association.
    Well, so far there is no term, used in-universe or by Word of God, for "alicorn", which is strictly a fan term (and actually used to mean something else entirely, even if related). So far the only term is "pony princess". My personal theory is that alicorns were historically royalty, being more powerful than everyone else, and thus any female alicorn would immediately be made a "princess". In time, whatever word used to be used as the race identifier for the princesses was simply forgotten, and "princess" became both a title and a race name. All alicorns were princesses, and all princesses were alicorns.

Also, this seems to imply that "prince" is just a title, as having it be both for both genders would be too confusing. Perhaps male alicorns do not exist?
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2012-04-29 at 12:35 PM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Her parents hired a princess as a babysitter. A princess. That's like the Mister Burns tier of stupidly rich.
    Or Cadence's family is impoverished nobility/royalty and they need the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Ultimate image dump time!

Since this dump will contain a ridiculous number of images (over 60), I'm going to break it up it into seperate posts (are there any forum rules about how many pictures you can post in one go?)

Chrysalis gets to go first (13 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Chrysie in a wedding dress HNNNNNNNG!

LAWLZ

Hrk!

And then some princesses! (6 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Celestia and Luna in glasses HNNNNNG!

Plus this, which is linked not only because it's a huge pic, but because it's kinda saucy :o
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #276

Twilight says it to Cadance when they're playing together, in the flashback where Cadance is introduced.
    Thanks. *rewatches*

Alright, from the context, Twilight and Cadence are talking about how lucky they are to know each other. "Regular old unicorn" does contrast with "princess," but it could just as easily mean "unicorn without a noble title" (or at least "unicorn with a noble title that isn't as impressive as 'princess'"; filly Twilight's definition of "regular" is probably a bit skewed). She's clearly impressed that someone of Cadence's status would stoop to her level.

Well, so far there is no term, used in-universe or by Word of God, for "alicorn", which is strictly a fan term (and actually used to mean something else entirely, even if related).
    Well, then we need to invent such a term. I'd also argue that Word of God didn't intend for "pony princess" to mean "winged unicorn," seeing as Faust claims Cadence was originally designed as a unicorn. Now, it's possible she was switched to her new design because some Hasbro executive declared that all pony princesses were winged unicorns, but that's pure speculation for now.

My personal theory is that alicorns were historically royalty, being more powerful than everyone else, and thus any female alicorn would immediately be made a "princess".
    Now, this I agree with. Particularly in Equestria, where Celestia is revered and Luna is feared, alicorns have some pretty strong associations. I'd honestly be surprised if we ever see an alicorn that's not extremely high-status.

Heck, maybe that's why Cadence is so willing to downplay her title. She was actually born to a commoner family, but was made a princess simply because she had both wings and a horn.

EDIT:
    Or Cadence's family is impoverished nobility/royalty and they need the money.
    We'll combine the two. Normally, an alicorn commoner would be "adopted" by an existing noble family. Cadence, however, was born to a remote commoner family, and was not discovered until she was in her teenage years. By that point, she was willful enough to rebuff the nobility, who could not countermand her orders, as she technically outranked them. Cadence thus effectively founded her own noble house by virtue of being a winged unicorn. Unfortunately, House Cadence has no money beyond what Cadence manages to earn for herself (or borrow from other noble houses), and I can't imagine she has much experience managing finances...

Her True Love for Shining Armor is really quite fortuitous. House Sparkle gets a massive boost in status, while Cadence gets some much-needed funds. How very, very lucky...
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2012-04-29 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

7. - Top - End - #277

During the pre-Equestria years (and possibly during the early days of the nation as well, leading up until Discord took over), "King" was an accepted title that was apparently superior to "Prince/Princess", as is shown by Princess Platinum being introduced as the "daughter of the Unicorn-King" during the conference scene in Hearth's Warming Eve.

(My headcanon concerning him and the fact that he never appeared is that he had gotten sick or something due to the unusually-long-and-cold winter, which meant that he had his daughter sent to the meeting of the Three Tribes in his place. Perhaps he would have been shown if the episode was longer.)

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

8. - Top - End - #278

Well, then we need to invent such a term. I'd also argue that Word of God didn't intend for "pony princess" to mean "winged unicorn," seeing as Faust claims Cadence was originally designed as a unicorn. Now, it's possible she was switched to her new design because some Hasbro executive declared that all pony princesses were winged unicorns, but that's pure speculation for now.
    On the other hand, if Faust has said anything about whether Cadence was originally supposed to be a princess at all, it's escaped my notice.

Incidentally, one of these days I'm going to post pony-crossover pics with, I dunno, Golden Sun or Bridge of D'Arnath or Manta's Gift or something. Just as retribution for all these crossovers with things I've never heard of that keep going unlabeled and unexplained.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

9. - Top - End - #279

Her True Love for Shining Armor is really quite fortuitous. House Sparkle gets a massive boost in status, while Cadence gets some much-needed funds. How very, very lucky...
    Lucky indeed. It's almost as if some very generous higher power decided to have a hoof in the fates of House Sparkle and La Casa Cadenza. Someone very powerful and influential, and with a knack for subtle long-term plans. Now who could that be...
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Image dump the second. I think I can get away with these. I'll leave the rest for the next page.

Next, crazy crossovers! (just 2 images, plus one linked below):
    Spoiler
    Show

Linked for large size.

Random comics (3 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Discord is starting to grow on me, thanks to this tumblr (9 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Reviewers Wanted
    First draft of another little story, in need of critical eyes... this one is really silly, but it's been begging me to be written for AGES. Probably one of my oldest story ideas and now it's finally almost done. Such a relief.

Read it and tell me what you think, please.

[Random][Shipping]
    The mere thought of Pinkie Pie having a day where nothing happens threw wide the Pancelestial Passages to Pinksanity and produced this tall tale of culinary adventures and true love instead! -- In other words, Pinkie Pie invites Fluttershy over for pasta and wheatballs. Grab a fork and join in, the sauce is about to get real!

Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

why does everyone say winged unicorn?
    why not horned pegasus?
    because it would be too easy to write horny pegasus? 8p
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Top 3 Nominations for Funnies Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must be Crackle's cousin...
    Oh Come ON!
    Pinkie - Weapon of Mass Annoyance

Top 3 Nominations for Best Twilight Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight & Future Twilight
    This is MY BOOK! And I'm gonna READ IT!!
    I'm going to do what I do best; Lecture her!

Looks like nominations are finished for that category. So let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    Note: This is dramatic in the literary sense, not who hammed it up the best.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    That is... one of the most profound things I've ever heard.

That actually makes me re-examine myself as an older brother better...
    I know. As I was watching, I was thinking, "Rarity's right! Stop bothering her and let her work in peace, Sweetie Belle! I mean, honestly! Ugh! This is just like my brother; why can't he leave me alone for once?!"

And then as the episode went on, I began to think, "...When he's not raging, he really wants to spend more time with me..."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Top 3 Nominations for Funnies Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must be Crackle's cousin...
    Oh Come ON!
    Pinkie - Weapon of Mass Annoyance

Top 3 Nominations for Best Twilight Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight & Future Twilight
    This is MY BOOK! And I'm gonna READ IT!!
    I'm going to do what I do best; Lecture her!

Looks like nominations are finished for that category. So let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    My nominations are;
    HOLY **** 'CADENCE' IS EVIL!
    and
    Spike's confession
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    Big Mac's Epic Speech

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Which reminds me, someone needs to do a MLP/Dune cross over. It would please me greatly. >_<

No, I don't know why that picture made me think of that, but imagine the awesomeness!

EDIT:
    I love this fan community. So much.

Spoiler
    Show

Mother of Faust...

If someone doesn't start on that immediately, then I will.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    TOPIC

We all know the Wonderbolts are the greatest pegasus team in all Equestria.

What are the Unicorn and Earth Pony equivilants?
    Probably to be the champion of that rodeo thingy in Last Roundup for the Earth ponies.

Royal guard for the Unicorns. :/
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-04-29 at 03:51 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Mother of Faust...

If someone doesn't start on that immediately, then I will.
    Indeed. Who knew Twilight is the result of a ancient breeding project issued by Celestia to create the most magical unicorn ever? "Raises hand."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    those are 2 awesome nominations.
    im going with spike's confession.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Random thought of the day:
    If we ever see Celestia and Luna's father in the show, he should be voiced by Brain Blessed (if nothing else it would explain a great deal about Luna).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Well, so far there is no term, used in-universe or by Word of God, for "alicorn", which is strictly a fan term (and actually used to mean something else entirely, even if related). So far the only term is "pony princess". My personal theory is that alicorns were historically royalty, being more powerful than everyone else, and thus any female alicorn would immediately be made a "princess". In time, whatever word used to be used as the race identifier for the princesses was simply forgotten, and "princess" became both a title and a race name. All alicorns were princesses, and all princesses were alicorns.

Also, this seems to imply that "prince" is just a title, as having it be both for both genders would be too confusing. Perhaps male alicorns do not exist?
    Princess Platnium is a historical unicorn figure as well.

Also purely factually Celestia and Luna are referred as "unicorns" in the initial narration from waaay back at the very begining. So we may never get a particular term for alicorns.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ultimate image dump time!
    Plus this, which is linked not only because it's a huge pic, but because it's kinda saucy :o
    Nice.

We'll combine the two. Normally, an alicorn commoner would be "adopted" by an existing noble family. Cadence, however, was born to a remote commoner family, and was not discovered until she was in her teenage years. By that point, she was willful enough to rebuff the nobility, who could not countermand her orders, as she technically outranked them. Cadence thus effectively founded her own noble house by virtue of being a winged unicorn. Unfortunately, House Cadence has no money beyond what Cadence manages to earn for herself (or borrow from other noble houses), and I can't imagine she has much experience managing finances...

3 other possibilities:
    -The Sparkle family is rather influential or is rising in society, so Cadence' family thought it was a good idea to create tight bonds
    -Cadence isn't the only or first child, but rather #4 or #5, and her status isn't that high, and it's not beneath her to babysit minor nobles or high commoners
    -Cadence wanted a opportunity to makes out with Shining Armour
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Random thought of the day:
    If we ever see Celestia and Luna's father in the show, he should be voiced by Brain Blessed (if nothing else it would explain a great deal about Luna).
    Hello, I, Ouranos, Looooorrrrrd of the Sky's, has returned!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-29 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Princess Platnium is a historical unicorn figure as well.

Also purely factually Celestia and Luna are referred as "unicorns" in the initial narration from waaay back at the very begining. So we may never get a particular term for alicorns.
    To be exact, the pilot episode states that they use their unicorn powers to raise the sun and moon. If one uses that to "prove" that they are officially called Unicorns in the show, one might as well say that they are Pegasi, because they use their pegasus powers (i.e. wings) to fly.

Last I checked, Hasbro's official term for the race was "Pegasus unicorn", though at least one storyboard artist (Sabrina Alberghetti) refers to them as "Alicorns".

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    To be exact, the pilot episode states that they use their unicorn powers to raise the sun and moon. If one uses that to "prove" that they are officially called Unicorns in the show, one might as well say that they are Pegasi, because they use their pegasus powers (i.e. wings) to fly.
    Nope everyone remembers that line of course but forgets:

"One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused..."
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-04-29 at 05:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Well I finally finished the season finale and I am pleased.

Also I see Season II Ruined my Fanon has finally been chosen as a title name. So tell me, how did season 2 ruin your Fanon?

For me it ruined:

There were only two alicorns*

The Royal Guards are useless

Abacus quiet Luna

God-Alicorns

*Special mention goes to this.

A moment of fridge brilliance for this one because we knew this as early as Lesson Zero. During Twilight's nightmare of Magic Kindergarden we saw an alicron foal, we thought it was just an animation error but really it was an early warning of the finale.

Regarding why Princess Candence was a foalsitter here is how I imagine it, she sees Shining Armor at the castle, love at first sight happens and to get close to him she volunteers to be Twilight's foalsitter.

By the way did I miss anything really important and cool? (Like new fanfics written here?)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Refutable.
    Discord is a spirit of disharmony. It is the nature of such a creature to play games where it can lose. Discord doesn't have power at all outside such games. He is a narrative structure manifest. He's not all powerful, he's just cunning.
    I went with this interpretation for quite a while and would still be willing to go with it now. There are a couple things that imply greater power though. One being the fact that Celestia did nothing (except discreetly send the letters), which makes me think that if he wanted to, Discord could have just zapped her into dust. 2nd is the way he picked up all the ponies at the end even with the elements of harmony on and they had to be saved by Twilight's bubble, which implies that if Discord felt like it he could have just taken control of them at any time (except for Twilight, who apparently vexes him).

Right here you ninny!
    Bet you thought we were just being nice because we were your friends huh? Ha! If thanqol and I have taught you anything, it should be that "Friendship is never having to pull your punches."
    I'm going to remember this one.

Sadly, if you take a look at much of history, it means exactly what you might think it means.

Believe us; we know, and we enjoy getting him going. There is a soothing cadence to his violent diatribe, like waves of a deep red sea slamming chopping over you while you lie have submerged.
    New headcanon. Aotrs is actually a pony princess. His special talent is being a lich. Discuss.

In the beginning, and even up to today, we got a lot of folks who never gave the show a chance, and decided they didn't like it purely out of hype backlash; that it was cool to dislike cool things.

So when you say "eh, it's no [manly stereotype]" what they hear is "I'm insecure and instead of dealing with that I'll say the thing you like is stupid". Which is dumb; pretty much all knee-jerk reactions are dumb. It's rather ironic really.
    There's actually two distinct things here. One is people, especially right after the show came out, who would respond with "why would anyone in their right minds ever want to watch this?" It became common to respond to those people by telling them that actually it was really good and they should check it out. A more recent phenomenon (and one that I haven't seen much outside this forum) is people actually saying that it's too popular and they're tired of ponies everywhere even though they don't really mind the show. I feel much more sympathy to that but it is kind of weird that people get more annoyed with ponies than with Star Wars references or Firefly references or [insert your favorite popular show here] references.

I must agree. The heart has no limits. Love is not defined by being solely between two people. Celestia could very well care for her subjects collectively enough that the changelings could all just naturalize and bask.
    Possible, but it does strike me as unlikely. Cadence and Shining armor looked surprised when their love magic worked. I don't think that was something ponies had drawn on previously, or if it was, it had been lost and forgotten. Now, in the wake of the wedding, perhaps there will be magical research into how to draw on the power of love. But that would be new for Equestria I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    TOPIC

We all know the Wonderbolts are the greatest pegasus team in all Equestria.

What are the Unicorn and Earth Pony equivilants?
    Earth pony decathalon team. Some events modified for use by mouth or lack of hands.

Unicorn chess team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh*

Humans are not more "special" than any other sentient species out there, except in their own minds. The more I read things like this, the more convinced I am that the modal distinguishing racial trait of humanity is actually just self-aggrandizement.
    I was going to say something about this, but then you went and said exactly what I wanted to say. Bravo sir pony princess lich. Bravo.

This is my headcanon. Particularly knowing that Blueblood was originally intended as a duke, I assume that prince is just a title but princess has a dual meaning as royalty and as being an alicorn.

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    1. Twilight Sparkle getting her color restored in Return of Harmony part 2.
    2. Rainbow Dash getting saved by Tank and riding in to the finish line slowly.
    3. Fake Cadence sending Twilight into the floor.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    Last I checked, Hasbro's official term for the race was "Pegasus unicorn", though at least one storyboard artist (Sabrina Alberghetti) refers to them as "Alicorns".
    Meghan McCarthy referred to them as 'Pegacorns" in a tweet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-04-29 at 05:01 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Meghan McCarthy referred to them as 'Pegacorns" in a tweet.
    That makes four different terms that are used by the show or its creators (Pegasus unicorn, Unicorn, Pegacorn, Alicorn). I wonder if we'll ever get a clarification on whether those terms are interchangeable, or if some of them are just nicknames, or whatever...

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Show