New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredtower View Post
    Lovely piece. The prominent bottle of hot sauce is a nice touch.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    "Within too long" just doesn't parse. "Before too long" would, or "within a few moments" but you can't use "too long" as a noun like that
    Oh, right. I'm not sure where I left my brain just then Thanks

You can just use "said Pinkie," you don't have to come up with a new way to refer to her each time
    A little variety is always nice, though.

"Miss Pie, you come to me today, on the day of my restaurant's all you can eat pasta buffet, and try to tell me how to run my business? I will tell you a story, Miss Pie, of the last pony that came here and told me what I should do. He was a pony who I loved like a son, a part of the Family. But he spoke out of turn, and was disrespectful of his elders. Such behavior could not be forgiven. The next morning, he woke up to find a pony's head in his bed."

"Wowie! No way! When I woke up this morning there was a pony's head in MY bed too! AND a pony's body! And they were both mine! I mean, what are the odds they'd match like that, they must be like a katrillion to one!"
    Heh, well I'll give it try at least.

Well, you can always spin that off into another fic if you still want to write "Pinkie has a boring day" but that isn't where the story ended up.
    I don't know, I think the first part has more to offer than just explaining why they have the place to themselves. It establishes that it's an anything-can-happen day, and yet one where Pinkie doesn't really have anything planned (maybe that's exactly why it's an anything-can-happen day), and maybe I need to make more of that or something. It also gives a little background for why they're suddenly on a date, although again maybe I could do more with that. And why they're having pasta...

I certainly don't want it any longer than it is, but I think cutting it entirely would be a shame. It provides some background that maybe I just need to use better later on. I'll give it some thought, but I think some of it should be left.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    My Little Zombie, My little Zombie, ahh ahh ahh ahh.....
    My Little Zombies
    I used to wonder what death could be,
    My Little Zombies
    Until you shared dark magic with me.

A unholy adventure, tons of fun! A putrid heart both unliving and strong .

Corrupting kindness, it's an easy feat.

And darkness makes it all complete!

Oh yes my little zombies, do you know I have made all my very best friends?

...... Where did that come from, anyway?
    You know, things like that are why I don't feel bad for doing this. IGOR FIRE THE-
    Ook.
    What's this? 'By order of the...blah blah blah...Professor Boffinspark is hereby...' OH COME ON! *sigh* Well, it seems the bleeding-hearts in Canterlot have issued me an injuction baring me from using friendship-based weaponry to deliberately target certain "undead-equestrian groups" rassum frassum politically correct *grumbles*.
    Fortunately, I've finally gotten a love-powered orbital death-ray on loan from a colleague. So...FIRE THE OLC! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Spoiler
    Show

And...here's some diabetes for the rest of you!

Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    You know, things like that are why I don't feel bad for doing this. IGOR FIRE THE-
    Ook.
    What's this? 'By order of the...blah blah blah...Professor Boffinspark is hereby...' OH COME ON! *sigh* Well, it seems the bleeding-hearts in Canterlot have issued me an injuction baring me from using friendship-based weaponry to deliberately target certain "undead-equestrian groups" rassum frassum politically correct *grumbles*.
    Fortunately, I've finally gotten a love-powered orbital death-ray on loan from a colleague. So...FIRE THE OLC! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Spoiler
    Show

...... Oh my. Well, I think I can take i- ohbythedarkestpitofthenethermakeitstopmakeitstop!

.......I did not even know I had a organ there. Oh look, it's filled with suger. Better find someone who can stich before this thing bursts. "spich" Bugger.

...Heh, is that my soul, or is it just my entire body rejecting my very being again? I...I am needed. Otherwise, all my fellow followers, all my little cultists, all they would have is a rotten system, no vision, and hundreds of schemes piled on top of one another. I will not be ended by some half-witted furry beast and a monkey! I refuse to be brought down with some twit with a ray gun, I will only accept a death with sutible BGM and perhapes a airship in there somewhere. Dragon corpses strung togther with steel plates and animated in its entirly sounds resonable..... Wheres that blasted book when you need it....oh come one now, how could I have misplaced the Neighcronomicon?

Heh, well, there goes nothing.....by memory, I suppose. Gah, curse my memory.

Huh. Well, thats new. All my fur.... my wings, skin, there all repaired! Wow, what a wonderful little trick. Shame that little flub was probably a one-time thing, but the Goddess works in frustrating ways. Wait, somethings missing..... where is my magic? Oh no.....nonononononono!"Feels head".

Boffinspark!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-30 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

My Little Zombies
    My Little Zombies

Herpderp face, but here:

Spoiler
    Show

Saw it cheap so grabbed it while I could. A little small but it's awesome. :3
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, it turns out that Applejack is the best pony on the citadel.

Shepherd has good judgement!

Anyway, thanks for the name suggestions guys. Have a cookie by way of thanks:

Spoiler
    Show

Oh dear, Woona got to it fir- HNNNNNGGGGG

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Your faith in your fleet is yours!
    Touché!

(I was wondering who'd come up with the best riposte to that...)

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Huh, it turns out that Applejack is the best pony on the citadel.

Shepherd has good judgement!
    You beat me to that one. (Clearly even Evil Idiot Shepard has some redeeming traits...)

Now if we can just grab Jennifer Hale...

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

I think it was tongue in cheek, I didn't feel any real malice behind it.
    On reflection, I think you're right. It's the kind of tongue in cheek humour that I don't really like, though. >_<
    Marrying Luna+Fluttershy is best ending.

My Little Zombies
    My Little Zombies

Change death to undeath, remove the A before unholy, and then it will scan. :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    On reflection, I think you're right. It's the kind of tongue in cheek humour that I don't really like, though. >_<
    Marrying Luna+Fluttershy is best ending.

Change death to undeath, remove the A before unholy, and then it will scan. :P

What, is there some sort of rule book one must look over before one makes a twisted little version of a theme song?

Ehh, might as well....
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

So, a dude in a group I'm in on Facebook stars up with his "Mesa JarJar Binks! Mesa gonna corrup all your minds!" stuff, and I inform him I know Six Mimetic Bad---'s who would beg to differ. At that point he says something along the lines of "Let's them come so I can Suck's them!" *Think that in a JarJar voice. Anyway.*

So I link him to Page three of Best Damn Comic Ever and Inform him that I've given the order for use of the Orbital Friendship Canon, and that not even JarJar had a prayer against Canon 4th wall breakers!

Argument won since after about five minutes he hadn't typed a single thing back.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys, got a quick genre question.
    So the story I'm writing is set 6-7 years after S2, but it is in a steampunk setting.
    Is that technically alternate universe?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

11. - Top - End - #371

What, is there some sort of rule book one must look over before one makes a twisted little version of a theme song?

Ehh, might as well....
    Rule 1 of songs:

Make it scan.

(Yes, you can break this, just like any rule, but if you do it only works if you really know what you're doing.)
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-04-30 at 06:25 PM. Reason: )
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Ehh, might as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Rule 1 of songs:

Make it scan.

(Yes, you can break this, just like any rule, but if you do it only works if you really know what you're doing.)
    Yeah, that, basically. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    So the story I'm writing is set 6-7 years after S2, but it is in a steampunk setting.
    I'd say it all depends on how you handle the setting. Basically, is it at a point that could conceivably be reached in only 6-7 years? I don't imagine all of Equestria would have converted to full-on steampunk in that time, especially not the smaller towns/villages like Ponyville. If you made it 15-20 years in the future then it's much more likely that everything will have converted to steampunk. Otherwise you might want to call it an alternate universe. (Also claiming it's an alternate universe tends to get the more diehard canon fans to accept your changes. )

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I'd say it all depends on how you handle the setting. Basically, is it at a point that could conceivably be reached in only 6-7 years? I don't imagine all of Equestria would have converted to full-on steampunk in that time, especially not the smaller towns/villages like Ponyville. If you made it 15-20 years in the future then it's much more likely that everything will have converted to steampunk. Otherwise you might want to call it an alternate universe. (Also claiming it's an alternate universe tends to get the more diehard canon fans to accept your changes. )
    You could run it as something like a 5-Year Plan implemented by the government (IE Celestia/Luna). Several cities would be made industrial, and then several towns would be force-fed people to make them into new cities (Magnitogorsk was such a city, built entirely to act as a giant steel factory). So Ponyville could be made into a steam town based on the giant deposits of coal near the town (and then explain that the carbon also makes up the gems or something.)
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-04-30 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Now if we can just grab Jennifer Hale...
    If only...
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Objection. When the people responsible say it's an animation error, it's an animation error. Which, in this case, they did. If I recall correctly, they started from a pegafilly model and forgot to remove the wings. (No, I don't have the exact words. It was several months ago, and I don't feel like looking through a whole bunch of ponythreads just for a little confirmation of what I already know.)
    I was unaware that we received an official statement about that at all. I thought that we (the bronies that is) had explained it away as an animation error.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

So... I may or may not have made another thing. Or a pair of things.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

...... Oh my. Well, I think I can take i- ohbythedarkestpitofthenethermakeitstopmakeitstop!

.......I did not even know I had a organ there. Oh look, it's filled with suger. Better find someone who can stich before this thing bursts. "spich" Bugger.

...Heh, is that my soul, or is it just my entire body rejecting my very being again? I...I am needed. Otherwise, all my fellow followers, all my little cultists, all they would have is a rotten system, no vision, and hundreds of schemes piled on top of one another. I will not be ended by some half-witted furry beast and a monkey! I refuse to be brought down with some twit with a ray gun, I will only accept a death with sutible BGM and perhapes a airship in there somewhere. Dragon corpses strung togther with steel plates and animated in its entirly sounds resonable..... Wheres that blasted book when you need it....oh come one now, how could I have misplaced the Neighcronomicon?

Heh, well, there goes nothing.....by memory, I suppose. Gah, curse my memory.

Huh. Well, thats new. All my fur.... my wings, skin, there all repaired! Wow, what a wonderful little trick. Shame that little flub was probably a one-time thing, but the Goddess works in frustrating ways. Wait, somethings missing..... where is my magic? Oh no.....nonononononono!"Feels head".

Boffinspark!
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm based out of an airship, and I was playing "Also sprach Zebrathustra" when I fired the OLC. In any case...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! VICTORY IS-ooh, what's that?

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh dear, Woona got to it fir- HNNNNNGGGGG
    GAHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! MY PANCREAS! *collapses* Damn...you...BlasTech!

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    if you're referring to clockwork, i would be inclined to say yes for fimfiction. if only because the tech level and impact it's had on the world make it so far removed from the equestria we know. it's not like they suddenly have telephones, they have war zeppelins
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-04-30 at 08:46 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So... I may or may not have made another thing. Or a pair of things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Win.
    So much win.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dude....I just made a ponyatar for a RP (actually, put the mark on it is more accurate than "made" it ) and my little sister caught me and freaked out, I denied it, then confessed and she called me a "girly"..... Is that even supposed to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    And some pretty/handsome ponies! Contains some shipping (7 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Somehow, those 2 things make me think of my ponyatar all grown up
    *sees guards in background with helmets and hoof-shoe/boot-things*
    waitaminute OH SNAP!! I didn't even know they had those things!

Gonna have to fix the shoe part, helmet part seems kinda harder
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-30 at 09:02 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382

If it makes you feel any better, I'm based out of an airship, and I was playing "Also sprach Zebrathustra" when I fired the OLC. In any case...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! VICTORY IS-ooh, what's that?
    Well, I hope you are proud of yourself. A few hours ago, I was a powerful magic user, able to swich bodies at ease. My form was that inspired by that of my God, and I could change flesh-puppets more times than you changed lab-coats. Now, you know what I am? I am a corpse! I cannot even fly! No magic, no powers, nothing! I could not even be called a undead creature, because even they could gain power from negtive energy, but now? I feel nothing. From my perspective, I dont even think I have any sort of spirit in this body. Congrates, you have loved my essance out of existance. I dont even know if those are replacable.

When I find a way to regenerate properly, you are going to pay, my dear boy. You see, the cult has lawyers. Many well trained ones that have spent there undead lives studying the unchanging laws of ponykind. You will not be able to fly in Equestrian airspace ever again, and forget about your blasty toys. You will be lucky if you get to keep your chimp, which at this point I see as a worthier foe than you.

It's funny, realy. I may not be able to do much today, but this will be one of my most profitable days in decades.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-30 at 09:07 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I hope you are proud of yourself. A few hours ago, I was a powerful magic user, able to swich bodies at ease. My form was that inspired by that of my God, and I could change flesh-puppets more times than you changed lab-coats. Now, you know what I am? I am a corpse! I cannot even fly! No magic, no powers, nothing! I could not even be called a undead creature, because even they could gain power from negtive energy, but now? I feel nothing. From my perspective, I dont even think I have any sort of spirit in this body. Congrates, you have loved my essance out of existance. I dont even know if those are replacable.

When I find a way to regenerate properly, you are going to pay, my dear boy. You see, the cult has lawyers. Many well trained ones that have spent there undead lives studying the unchanging laws of ponykind. You will not be able to fly in Equestrian airspace ever again, and forget about your blasty toys. You will be lucky if you get to keep your chimp, which at this point I see as a worthier foe than you.

It's funny, realy. I may not be able to do much today, but this will be one of my most profitable days in decades.
    Ook. Ook?
    I will not be ended by some half-witted furry beast and a monkey!
    Ook!
    monkey
    OOK!!!
    Translation muffin engaged *ahem* Normally I would be content to let the professor deal with a situation like this, but you, sir, have crossed the Rubicon, so to speak. Have you ever wondered, my dear corpse, why our Princess Celestia has never before taken steps against a seeming madstallion like the professor? The answer is simplicity in itself; Professor Boffinspark is, and always has been, in the Princess' personal employ. Simply put, your vaunted legal representation has little hope of achieving much of anything against the professor (such is life in a monarchy, I'm afraid). While normally I would find your naïveté in these matters to be quite charming, you have committed one unforgivable faux pas.
    Nopony calls me a monkey. Au revoir.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-04-30 at 09:55 PM.

My Homebrew

Show

24. - Top - End - #384

Ook. Ook?

Ook!

OOK!!!
    Translation muffin engaged *ahem* Normally I would be content to let the professor deal with a situation like this, but you, sir, have have crossed the Rubicon, so to speak. Have you ever wondered, my dear corpse, why our Princess Celestia has never before taken steps against a seeming madstallion like the professor? The answer is simplicity in itself; Professor Boffinspark is, and always has been, in the Princess' personal employ. Simply put, your vaunted legal representation has little hope of achieving much of anything against the professor (such is life in a monarchy, I'm afraid). While normally I would find your naïveté in these matters to be quite charming, you have committed one unforgivable faux pas.
    Nopony calls me a monkey. Au revoir.

Spoiler
    Show

...... You know, this is the sort of time when I appreciate my youngest mages sneaking into my room and placing a scroll inside my ribcage. While childish, it gave me a wonderful idea. Also, I am sorry for the inconvinace, good sir. I dearly hope one day we can find a common ground somewhere, someday. I never wished to offend you, please understand, and in hindsight I should have wondered about how exactly Celestia let such testing exist to such degree. Before I am utterly distroyed by your newest launch of that blasted cannon, I shall alert you that Camelshan is wonderful this time of year, and if your interested in vacationing I suggest the Shamaban Hotel. The coffee is fantastic, and if they ask if you wish for dessert, take it. Ila al leka!

"uses scroll of teleportation, slightly musty"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-30 at 10:25 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

oh, that won't do. how can you party in a condition like that?
    *grabs nearby elemental, shoves it into pokonic's corpse*
    i know you don't have a soul or anything, but who needs those?

*sees gummy is chewing on his hooves*
    no, gummy, you can't eat those.

oh fine, but just one
    *looks at pokonic*
    do have fun being animate and spread the insanity

oh, and sorry about the leg, I just cant say no to him
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-04-30 at 10:16 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

26. - Top - End - #386

Here's a compromise. Alabenson, you research a way to put the essance back into Pokonic, and he doesn't file charges against you. If that doesn't work though, remember, I have a massive fleet of War Zeppelins ready to fight if need be.

Also, my dad's a lawyer. :D
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-04-30 at 11:22 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

27. - Top - End - #387

You know, dying is getting to be downright trendy in this thread nowadays.
    Hm...

*pulls out local map and sketches a Rune of Genesis on it while looking in a mirror*

Okay, who's up for helping me with some Earthworks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

GAHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! MY PANCREAS! *collapses* Damn...you...BlasTech!
    *Slightly muffled on account of lying face down after a similar overdose of HNNGG-*

"Victory is mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Dude....I just made a ponyatar for a RP (actually, put the mark on it is more accurate than "made" it ) and my little sister caught me and freaked out, I denied it, then confessed and she called me a "girly"..... Is that even supposed to happen?
    Maybe!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Colossus in the Playground

Having acid poured into your nose without anaesthetic isn't as bad as it sounds.

That's about all I'm willing to say in it's favour though.

I am bedridden for the immediate future, hopefully The Internet will be able to cheer me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Reviewers Wanted
    First draft of another little story, in need of critical eyes... this one is really silly, but it's been begging me to be written for AGES. Probably one of my oldest story ideas and now it's finally almost done. Such a relief.

Read it and tell me what you think, please.

[Random][Shipping]
    The mere thought of Pinkie Pie having a day where nothing happens threw wide the Pancelestial Passages to Pinksanity and produced this tall tale of culinary adventures and true love instead! -- In other words, Pinkie Pie invites Fluttershy over for pasta and wheatballs. Grab a fork and join in, the sauce is about to get real!

Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink
    This story has the dire task of entertaining a man sneezing acid. Let's see how it does.

Spoiler
    Show

Normally I find portrayals of Pinkie Pie in writing (and in the show) annoying; so far you've done a good job of keeping her bubbly and happy without getting on my nerves. Hope it continues.

“You're in a mighty fine mood today, deary,” Mrs. Cake said with her usual warm smile as she came out into the kitchen and picked up the twins. “I sure wish I had your energy every morning. You're a real life saver, Pinkie.”
    I feel like the third sentence is unnecessary.

A sudden craving suggested itself to her.
    This sentence is a little weird because it's a strange way to segue out of interest in the food, but I do love the concept that this paragraph is establishing.

Unfortunately the shipping kind at this point kind of hits the core stumbling point that a lot of shipfics have difficulty with: Assuming attraction. I'm speaking in general terms here, understand, and I've been guilty of this myself. There's a bit of a bad reaction going around to shipfics that just assume that one party is interested in the other without explaining why or establishing it correctly. To really do it right, the transition between relationship statuses needs to be treated in more detail.

However, a deep, slow, emotional buildup to a full-fledged lifelong romance doesn't seem to be the objective of this story so much as pasta jokes; as long as it knows that it wants to be a comedy then it should be easy to overlook the assumption as part of the premise.

Short version is I think it'd be funnier if Pinkie stopped kissing Fluttershy all the time to open the floor to more scope for hijinks.

*Continues*

Pasta ain't complete without cheese.”
    Feel like Pinkie would use 'isn't'.

pasta tentacle monster
    hokay

pastapocalypse
    I feel like further high brow literary criticism is would be inappropriate at this point.

Master Pasta
    Oh, hell with it. Let's enjoy the ride.

Final Thoughts:

"Well, this has been... strange."

Eeeyup.

It's a good story, solid punchline, but you really blow your hand early with the shipping. Play Pinkie Pie straight, have her completely unaware of any shipping implication, and have Fluttershy working up the courage to kiss her at the end be a surprise to her. That's the only thing I'd change, and I think the story would be funnier for it.

Otherwise, you shipped ponies in a story about pasta tentacle monsters. I think that's kind of the end of my thought process.

Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-04-30 at 11:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    Note: This is dramatic in the literary sense, not who hammed it up the best.[/QUOTE]

Current standings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cadence's reveal: 4
    Spike's Confession: 3
    Big Mac's Lecture: 2
    Twilight breaks free from Discord: 1
    Tank rescues Dash: 1
    Twilight giving up on her Discorded friends: 3
    Twilight & Authentic Cadence: 1
    Spike's Introspection: 1
    Apple Family Loses the Farm: 1
    This Day Aria: 1
    Discord Wins the Game: 2

Note: I get to break any ties myself since I'm not nominating things myself.