New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Out of interest (and from the title) what is people's personal Fanon?
    Headcanon/personal fanon, let's see...

Spoiler
    Show
    Lyra and Bon-Bon are a couple.

Vinyl and Octavia are maybe a couple. At least friends/colleagues.

Tirac/Tirek exists, and corrupted Luna into Nightmare Moon. I'd love to see that confirmed in-show, with said villain as present-day antagonist.

Zebras hail from an Africa-like realm. Not too far-fetched.

Griffons, on the other talon, are from a mountainous land to the north of Equestria, with mountainside fortresses and all that. For some reason I imagine a Russian-ish/Eastern European culture, with some Norse traits. Not even sure why any more. Will probably have to make room for some French influences, given Gustave. In any case I see them as an Empire, and not an enemy of Equestria, but still not very friendly.

Twilight's family was definitely influential even before she became Celestia's student, probably some kind of nobility. I mean, Princess as babysitter?

Celestia is not in any way evil. She genuinely means well for her people. However, she is a chessmaster, and does enjoy messing with the arrogant nobles every now and then. Are she and Luna actually deities? Maybe, maybe not. They are definitely immortal and very powerful, though. Celestia getting defeated by Chrysalis doesn't mean the former is weak, it means the latter was, at that moment, incredibly powerful. It's like Morgoth and Ungoliant, in a way.

Not quite sure what to think about pony rate of maturity. On one hoof, we have mentiones of "six-year old's birthday party", on the other we have Pipsqueak, who seems to be just about a year old. At least I'm pretty certain they have longer life spans than humans.

Sweetie Belle is a robot sentient biological lifeform, why would you think otherwise

I don't actually have a Derpy headcanon. Hm.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Nopony has. It's all actually an elaborate game of chicken, to see who breaks first.
    "I fire my laser at you!"
    "I deflect it!"
    "what? How?!"
    "I uh... Stole the Plans from Bleak Despair once, and... Rigged them to work off earth pony magic?"
    "... Oh, yeah! I remember that! rassunfrassun"
    So... All we're doing is playing a big game of Calvinball? In that case...
    *Writes SiuiSxHat in the copy of the Shipnote he stole ages ago*

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So... All we're doing is playing a big game of Calvinball? In that case...
    Well, except for that one of us that actually takes notes and does remember random stuff that people or himself did or said months ago...

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Agreed. That, and Scratch and Octavia are friends. Also, the other races have their own homelands, which are fantasy counterparts to real world countries (the changelings are nomadic, though). I like to think they might have their own tribes, like the ponies, but at that point I'd be missing the point of the fanon question.
    I like to think that the changelings reside either in an underground cave network, or in some sort of swamp. Since those 2 places have very little nutrional possibilities. It would make sense for them to have evolved to feed off of emotion instead of actual sustenance.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey everpony. Look what the awesome Dirtytabs made for me in the avatar request thread.

Spoiler
    Show

WHERE IS THIS THREAD. I MUST HAVE ONE. Please?... :3
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well, except for that one of us that actually takes notes and does remember random stuff that people or himself did or said months ago...
    HUZZAH! Then can you tell me if anyone ever took my copy? Last I remember I tried writing a loop in this thing to get it to ship everyone with everyone else which didn't work worthless piece of... but I don't think anyone ever actually took it from me.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    WHERE IS THIS THREAD. I MUST HAVE ONE. Please?... :3
    Here.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, how many ponies in this thread play MTG?

The universe is telling me something here. I was just going to force everyone here to stare at my latest work because I spent 5 freaking hours on it. And everyone's talking about MTG when I show up. So...

Spoiler
    Show

I am so pleased with how that turned out.
    Several. :3
    Also, win.

Out of interest (and from the title) what is people's personal Fanon?

For example, I have in mine that bearing the Elements will, eventually, turn the Mane Six into alicorns themselves (which was inspired by one fic that had them, essentially, being immortal).

Stuff like that.
    That's one of mine, sorta.
    -Anyone can be an alicorn if they want it and work for it.
    -Some people are going to be alicorns.
    -Pinkie Pie is going to be an alicorn, thus powers.
    -DJ/Oct, lyra/Bonbon, Twixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic Seraph View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! I do! Pick me! Can I play?

I think getting Ponythread together on Cockatrice would be awesome. Though I haven't really played since Innistrad came out (I was just starting college).

My Cockatrice username is SadisticSeraph and you should totally add me. What formats do you prefer to play? I like EDH myself, but I'll play pretty much anything.
    I caaan play EDH, but I normally play casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Never I said I wasn't.

Never said HE wasn't, either...
    See, if Bleakbane wasn't so fond of ponies, I'd be sure he was only here to lull us into a false sense of security.

But I know that's only ONE reason.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

My personal headcanon on Alicorns:

Spoiler
    Show
    They're immortal, and there are only a few at any one time.

They have the powers of all three kinds of ponies (flight, Unicorn Magic and the Earth Pony massive strength), PLUS a MASSIVE amount of power as it relates to their area. This area is, generally, related to their cutie mark. Celestia is so powerful overall because she can draw on the sun's power. Queen Chrysalis beat her because she was drawing on the power of someone's love for Cadence/Cadance. Ordinary love wouldn't have cut it there. Same with driving the Queen away.

All of the Mane 6 will become Alicorns, eventually, due to the influence of the Elements. Twilight's powers might be in the area of the Stars, Fluttershy animals, Applejack plants, Rainbow Dash the weather, and I'm not entirely sure about Rarity (gems, maybe) or Pinkie Pie.

Other Headcanon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Equestria is only one country, but their weather manipulation affects (i.e. drives and makes work) weather across the whole world. Other countries may be home to other species as appropriate.

Luna turned into Nightmare Moon by outside influence, possibly a Dresden Files style Demon (incidentally, the Dresden Fillies is part of my personal headcanon). If the demon had managed to corrupt Celestia, Daymare Sun would have killed Luna- I always got the impression Celestia was more decisive than Luna.

Celestia being unable to use the Elements is because she doesn't have her closest bond anymore (before the series starts) and because they're linked to the Mane 6 (after the series starts).

Speaking of the Elements: the Mane 6 will, eventually, be able to summon them by an act of will. Shortly after, Alicornhood.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-05-03 at 06:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

HUZZAH! Then can you tell me if anyone ever took my copy? Last I remember I tried writing a loop in this thing to get it to ship everyone with everyone else which didn't work worthless piece of... but I don't think anyone ever actually took it from me.
    No-one did, as far as I can determine...

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheesh, I'm a bit late to the party aren't I?

Best applejack moments:

"Every colour of ribbon down there but ... blue"
    "Twalaght, git my rope"
    Applejack accepting defeat graciously to the Flim Flam brothers.

Captain Applejack on the Seven seas;

Spoiler
    Show

Oh wait, this didn't happen ... aww

Also, Anarion and others, you guys are really really really tempting me to join another RP on my otherwise crowded RP schedule ... can I get a soft reservation on a spot? Depending on whether my character will come together?

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Captain Applejack on the Seven seas;

Spoiler
    Show

Oh wait, this didn't happen ... aww
    That's not Applejack. Applejack has freckles.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps it's Applejack's until now never before mentioned twin sister. Hey, if it worked for Shining Armor...
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Magic pony tan!

Or maybe just captain's makeup?

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And Kyouhen said, LET THERE BE CAKE!
    Spoiler
    Show

And it was... sub par actually. Not entirely sure what happened, but it went all flat and deflaty instead of poofy like they normally do.
    Well it still looked good from out here :D

I want cake now.... If only I had an oven :C
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #616

Not when she's running! (At least in season 1; I haven't actually been paying attention.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Anarion and others, you guys are really really really tempting me to join another RP on my otherwise crowded RP schedule ... can I get a soft reservation on a spot? Depending on whether my character will come together?
    Yep.

Magic pony tan!

Or maybe just captain's makeup?
    Captain's makeup I'll buy. You could argue that ponies tan by causing their coats to get darker, but the freckles should still stay lighter relative to the overall coats. Plus, fur actually bleaches in the sun I think.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    fillies and gentlecolts, i give you infinite derpy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't get to use this too often:

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

My personal Fanon? Well lets see...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alicorns are not gods but just another pony species, one that is much rarer and stronger then normal ponies but no where near god level. Celestia and Luna are much more powerful then even normal Alicorns but still not at god level. Cadence is actually weaker then Twilight, and Shining Armor is on a socially higher standing then her. Due to interbreeding between the three tribes any pony type can be born to any couple.

Luna (and therefore Nightmare Moon) is stronger then Celestia. Celestia however is smarter and more experienced.

Whatever caused Luna to become Nightmare Moon has been destroyed by the elements, be it her own power or an outside source.

If Nightmare Moon won things would have gotten a lot worse but it would not have been an apocalypse.

Dragons are the ultimate blank slate and their form and color are part of their upbringing. (Spike is purple because Twilight hatched him, for example) Greed just makes them larger and dumber, but not older.

Discord's mere presence creates chaos such as pie rain. He doesn't actually create it himself. He has never harmed a pony physically and takes pride in that. The suffering of the ponies under his rule refers to the futility of trying to accomplish anything worthwhile in a world of chaos as well as an inability to act on their cutie marks.

Cutie Marks are both what a pony enjoys and is good at. They are not fate binding and can be extremely symbolic. Everypony knows what their cutie mark means as it will only appear when they've acknowledged their talent. While it is possible for an adult pony to not have a cutie mark it doesn't happen.

Because Equestria is as good as it appears. There is no secret concentration camps or grim darkness around the corner.

Males are rarer then females and as a result being in a heterosexual relationships are a sign of status. Homosexual relationships are the more common relationship. Most ponies do not reproduce.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are in love and likely dating. Lyra and Bonbon are married. Sparkler is not related to Dinky and Derpy but is Dinky's foalsitter. Vinyl Scratch and Octavia are likely in a relationship as well. Or perhaps they are just close friends. Big Mac and Cheerilee are dating due to the CMC. Big Mac always kinda had a crush on Cheerilee.

Inkie and Blinkie are the names of Pinkie's two sisters. No Inkie is not Octavia. Twilight Sparkle's parents are well off but are not nobility or particularly important. They were able to help their children achieve their dreams but were not responsible for their success. All of the Mane 6 have full families that are mostly stable. Scootaloo was born on the ground and has never been higher then Rainbow's house.

Weather control is not unique to Equestria though it is not universal. The techniques used to control the weather range from country to country. Equestria is a country. Windigos have long gone extinct due to harmony.

Every background pony has an amazing and spectacular life full of adventures. We only get to see the Mane 6 however. Speaking of which; Twilight Sparkle pretty much runs Ponyville at this point. Mayor Mare was elected and the democratic process is unique to Earth Pony villages/cities like Ponyville. Pinkie Pie can alter reality but has no control over it, she also has no actual job and just helps out around Ponyville all day. Fluttershy is an all around animal expert who is sorta like the dog whisperer for ponies. She is also very poor as she spends most of her money on her animals.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    Dangerously at risk of becoming my new personal headcanon.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Sir, I am currently beset by deadlines and misfortunes and a mind shifting, seeking to find its footing; I have already sworn allegiance to the epic sagas of Heroes of the Fall, and dreaded Thanqol holds my signature in blood regarding the Perfect Arrow. I have no skill with the world of darkness, being more comfortable with unrealities than possible realities, more comfortable with the stories of gods and magicians in worlds unrestrained by mortal law and fact. This world is, after all, so very big that I find it hard to fully understand, unlike worlds that can be shaped with pictures and ideas.

However, if you would still have me, I profess myself greatly curious about Changeling. Even more than Mage, it is much lower-powered than I'm used to, but - as one of my favorite shirts says - myths and legends stir my soul. If you will have me, sir, I am yours.
    I would have you know while I am forgiving if slighted myself, I am less so if I am witness to the slighting of another. On this one, falter not.

*Pause*

So! Fanon!

I'm remarkably transient in my fanon; I am prepared to accept almost anything as long as it's presented well. My headspace is a shifting cycle of whirling stories and contradictory alternatives - sad Trixie eating pinecones as she defeats ursa minors in the snow, Rainbow Dash shipping with everything. I accept anything that sounds cool at the time.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    That, is increadible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this explains how Rainbow has been the only one able to perform the sonic rainboom, she has some magic from the zap apples.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Barbarian in the Playground

Um....Is it just me or there's like a lot of fanon shipping involving female x female?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-03 at 08:54 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Um....Is it just me or there's like a lot of fanon shipping female x female?
    It's just you.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Um....Is it just me or there's like a lot of fanon shipping female x female?
    Well, most of the characters are female, and this fandom will ship absolutely anything. (and I do mean anything, there's a fanfic floating around somewhere that involves Rainbow Dash x the concept of shipping itself).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

So, there's this guy on youtube, who's done some analysis of the animation of Friendship is Magic (along with a bit on Avatar and Fullmetal Alchemist).

Watch. It's good, and rather interesting (and explains how they're able to get such high quality with so many background ponies).

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

my fanon
    Spoiler
    Show
    alicorns are basically elementals, representing and commanding fundamental forces of nature without being gods or the like.

NMM is NOT a separate entity from luna. An alicorn's magic and emotions are tied to each other. Luna's negative emotions fed into bad magic which spiraled out of control until she was NMM

discord was a LOT more powerful than he was in the series, and was still weakened from his imprisonment.

flutter/dash will be a couple... eventually.

rarity is the oldest in the group.

edit: everything to do with derpy. mailmare, dinky, all of it.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-03 at 11:36 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out who half these background ponies are. Also, I am not really that suprised that FluttershyxRainbow Dash is the most common shipping.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, most of the characters are female, and this fandom will ship absolutely anything. (and I do mean anything, there's a fanfic floating around somewhere that involves Rainbow Dash x the concept of shipping itself).
    ...!
    see SiuiS? this is what I meant about the "lover" part in "being a fighter or a lover"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-03 at 09:14 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show