New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Aah, fanon. Good times.

Spoiler
    Show
    My take on Twilight Sparkle is that her obsessiveness is based partially on her personality, but also partially on the way in which she ended up becoming Celestia's apprentice. She's concerned that because she was about to fail the exam before succeeding due to an entirely random burst of energy, the apprenticeship and everything that she has gotten from it is essentially an unearned fluke. As a result, she has very little confidence in her position, and is afraid that any mistakes will lead to everyone seeing her as a failure and taking away everything that she's worked for. She's mostly fine around her friends, but when Celestia is someone involved, she becomes incredibly paranoid.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey everpony. Look what the awesome Dirtytabs made for me in the avatar request thread.

Spoiler
    Show

Which are you? xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's see... I'm slightly disturbed about the Blueblood/Shining Armor shipping...

I'm more disturbed at Twilight Sparkle/Twilight Sparkle shipping. Or any ship of one of the Mane Six with themselves.

I'm not surprised at Trixie/Trixie shipping (she's the ultimate narcissist).

Luna/Twilight shipping... check. Celestia/Twilight... check (and ew. I'm not a fan of mentorshipping).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Which are you? xD
    Interesting... I can't believe I never thought of this...

Okay, when I type, who do you think is talking? The miner or the raptor?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #635

......ugh
    Now I get why Mauve shirt got mad at ponies on the counting thread .....
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Let's see... I'm slightly disturbed about the Blueblood/Shining Armor shipping...

I'm more disturbed at Twilight Sparkle/Twilight Sparkle shipping. Or any ship of one of the Mane Six with themselves.

I'm not surprised at Trixie/Trixie shipping (she's the ultimate narcissist).

Luna/Twilight shipping... check. Celestia/Twilight... check (and ew. I'm not a fan of mentorshipping).
    So the ScootalooXCelestia is A-OK?

Or GummyXTwilight?

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

So the ScootalooXCelestia is A-OK?
    Okay, that's just-

Or GummyXTwilight?

How do they even make a connection like that?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Firbolg in the Playground

With the lines "It can happen", its offical that the entire channel is screwing with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640

Okay, that's just-

How do they even make a connection like that?
    They were on camera at the same time.

Bigger relationships have been built out of less.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Bugbear in the Playground

My head canon has only a few simple things really.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think that Celestia and Luna are both stronger in one field than the other. Where Celestia excels at magic, Luna is far more proficient with controlling the weather.

If we ever see Luna raise the moon, it'll never be with her horn glowing. She moves the weather with but a thought, based on Luna Eclipsed anyway.

Derpy, Dinky,and Doctor Whooves live together, though Derpy and him go through time.. A lot.

Twilight Sparkle is Celestia's second student, the first one being Starswirl the Bearded. Starswirl the Bearded was Celestia's student before Luna lost it and became Nightmare Moon.

Celestia's guilt and despair was so great, that it took her nearly a thousand years to even think about taking more then her role as ruler.

I believe that Twilight was chosen on a whim, maybe she reminded her of Luna, perhaps even reminded her of Starswirl when he was young. Something made her stand out to Celestia during that single Summer Sun Celebration which made her keep an eye out and wait until she was old enough to try out for the magic school.

Celestia's love for her subjects is outweighed by her love of Luna, Twilight Sparkle,and Spike. (her sister, her only living student, and the dragon she raised personally, it makes sense to me really)

Celestia finds most of the nobles boring, and being alive forever has made her look for ways to skip out on them or seriously mess with tradition. She's been doing this for a while now which has caused a silly sense of humor to evolve within her, regarding her actions with the Cakes, her actions with the Gala, and just the fact she likes to randomly drop in for Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle is possibly the only pony in existence that isn't Luna who Celestia will have a casual conversation with, though it is only when the two of them are alone. (Noting from Lesson Zero where Celestia is showing more concern for Twilight's well being then anything else, until the others show up.)

Edit: Okay more then a few.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-05-03 at 09:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
    Aah, fanon. Good times.

Spoiler
    Show
    My take on Twilight Sparkle is that her obsessiveness is based partially on her personality, but also partially on the way in which she ended up becoming Celestia's apprentice. She's concerned that because she was about to fail the exam before succeeding due to an entirely random burst of energy, the apprenticeship and everything that she has gotten from it is essentially an unearned fluke. As a result, she has very little confidence in her position, and is afraid that any mistakes will lead to everyone seeing her as a failure and taking away everything that she's worked for. She's mostly fine around her friends, but when Celestia is someone involved, she becomes incredibly paranoid.
    This. Is. Perfect. I'm adding this to my headcanon immediately!

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I've already done my fanon history of Equestria, so I won't retype that. Regarding more modern things:

The Ursas and Parasprites were both originally created as weapons (the former by Nightmare Moon, the latter by the unicorn kingdom that existed before Equestria).

Octavia and Vinyl Scratch are not romantically involved, but they are an odd couple, a la "Epic Wub."

All pegasi are orphans. All of them. Except the ones born into non-pegasus cultures, such as Pound Cake.

Discord is completely incapable of acting against the Elements of Harmony when their bearers are wielding their physical forms against him. When the Mane Six confronted him for the last time, he'd already lost.

Luna spends her time wandering the land, battling the evil forces of darkness that she loosed upon the world in her madness so long ago.

The magic auras exists solely for the viewer's benefit. The ponies don't actually see unicorn horns glowing when they use magic (except when the horn obviously emits light from the tip).
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2012-05-03 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still trying to figure out who half these background ponies are. Also, I am not really that suprised that FluttershyxRainbow Dash is the most common shipping.
    Actually, Lyra X Bon Bon is the most common ship in the Bronyverse. I think I heard that on a pony spotlight. Are you familiar with those?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

14. - Top - End - #644

Odd thing about the shipping chart: the only one of the Mane 6 that isn't Dash or isn't Shipped more with Dash is Rarity.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #645

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Odd thing about the shipping chart: the only one of the Mane 6 that isn't Dash or isn't Shipped more with Dash is Rarity.
    It's because I wrote the definitive RarityDash story and everyone else is afraid of being compared to it.

Clearly.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Finally back home from college for a few weeks. Fun fact: Not sleeping for three out of four days is actually a pretty terrible idea!

As far as fanon goes, here's a few that I hold to:
    -Derpy is Dinky's mother. 'Nuff said.
    -Neither of Scootaloo's parents are pegasi. She got her scooter from her father as a way to have something similar to flying they could share.
    -AJ is terrible at economics, hence why every crop seems likely to ruin the farm. She's just not good at balancing the books.

And Thanqol? I believe you were promised a story:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cork family had been in the bottled drink business for longer than most ponies cared to remember. The current head of the family, Pop Cork, was a virtuoso of juice; mixing and blending flavors into masterpieces of beverage came to him as easy as breathing. So sure was he that his son would follow in his hoofsteps, that he even named him for the peculiar bottle caps his drink bottles so often used. Crown Cork, as fate would have it, had other ideas. Ever since he could hold a brush, he'd always found a special sort of peace when he was putting paint to paper. And in terms of technical ability, he was a prodigy. Nopony could match his skill for painting exactly the picture he meant to paint. Just one thing kept him from the easel cutie mark he was so sure he deserved. His attention to detail was so meticulous, that he took days to finish what other artists could accomplish in minutes. Ages of practice, practice, and more practice, and he never could manage to improve enough. His flank was still blank.

His father took this failing as a sign from Celestia herself. Why else would his artistry fail, if not to drive the young colt to the family business where he belonged? Despondent from his lack of a cutie mark, Crown soon found himself believing his father's words and took up work putting on the very caps he was named for. The bottled drink business held none of the magic of a paintbrush, but he couldn't turn down the promise of discovering his talent. He likely would've kept on this miserable path, were he a little less clumsy. While forcing on a particularly stubborn cap, Crown managed to nearly bend it in two. He was about to throw it away, when something about about the plain metal cap caught his eye. The way the metal bent, the way it half-caught the sunlight, it ignited an inspiration in him he hadn't felt in ages. Immediately he tore upstairs and grabbed his leftover paints, only to remember he hadn't bought proper paper in months. With no other option, he plucked out his tiniest brush and set to work on the cap itself.

The next morning, when Pop Cork came to check on the latest batch of Sunrise Lemonade, he found an amazing sight. On each and every one of the caps, he saw a miniature portrait of the sun rising above a sparkling lake. And at the end of the hallway, he found his son, sleeping amidst a pile of spilled paints and bottle caps just like the ones adorning his flank.

It's a mite rough, but I figured I'd best get it out now before I completely buried it under a pile of excuses and delays.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #647

And, towards the center, look at which pony has the most and the thickest lines. Apparently, Rainbow Dash can or has been shipped with anything, up to and including the kitchen sink. I can't make up crap like this.

Personal headcanons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rainbow Dash is not gay. Shocking, I know.

However, Bonbon and Lyra are.

Octavia and Vinyl are, if not lovers, very close friends.

Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are quietly dating.

Twilight Sparkle will eventually achieve alicorn status. She is effectively immortal, the magic suffusing her body preventing lethal harm.

On the topic of Alicorns: They are immensely powerful creatures combining unicorn magic, pegasus flight, and general earth pony toughness. They are extremely long-lived, but can be killed. They draw power from what they represent: for example, Celestia draws her power from the sun. While their element is active, they are more powerful. Thus, Luna would be more powerful at night.

Ditzy Doo, nicknamed Derpy by the local ponies, is not as dumb as she makes out. (These conclusions are based off of The Pony Psychology fanfic, one of my favorites.) She was originally in the CIA (Celestia Intelligence Agency), working undercover for the mob. She sustained brain damage in a fight against the griffon mob boss when she broke his beak with repeated headbutts. Now that she's recovered her memories and finished the job, she acts slightly disabled in order to protect her two daughters, Sparkle and Dinky, from the mob.

Doctor Whooves exists, is a Timelord, and has settled down with Ditzy.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-05-03 at 10:12 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ......ugh
    When was this?

Wow. Hub is definately screwing with us.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #649

Head-cannon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is wielded by Sweetie-Bot

Head-canon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from the usual odd couples, time travelers with a mailmare wife, that stuff, let's get to the interesting stuff.

Rarity loves gadgets due to pathologically wanting to be on the bleeding edge.
    FlutterDash + BigPink. oh yes.

Luna being associated with the night takes a largely less-direct route in affairs, as opposed to her sister who loves overt BUILD A SHIELD! sister. It was likely Luna's agents that figured out there was a threat to begin with.

The other side of the Everfree is the land of Ooo, with the side effect of Equestria being part of the same post apocalyptic world.

Pinkie is like Deadpool, except the format doesn't have the narrator so we never hear the conversations.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

One other thing in my Alicorn headcanon (adapted from a fic which has Celestia/Dinky Doo shipping, with Whooves actually being Celestia. Not in my headcanon, although it's a nice fic).

Alicorns can sustain their mate with their own lifeforce, granting them immortality. This does have to be agreed to by said mate, but still.

Mainly because I don't want Cadance and Shining Armor to be split up by the latter's mortality.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still trying to figure out who half these background ponies are. Also, I am not really that suprised that FluttershyxRainbow Dash is the most common shipping.
    With all the "canon support" we've been getting why not? Also most worry free inter Mane Six ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ......ugh
    Do we want to know?

Totally screwing with us: confirmed

22. - Top - End - #652

Contest Entrants!

DBC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His name is Ted. Like Apple Bloom and friends, he was a late bloomer. Unlike those three, he got no hints from his name, as his parents had named him after a Griffon friend, so he didn't even know where to start. He tried everything. Then, one day, he went with his parents to Cookware and Hammocks and he saw... it.

It was the perfect frycook's spatula. He could use it to fight crime! Donning a set of dark sunglasses and growing his best 70s moustache, he changed his name to Spatula Cop. He now defends Ponyville from all who threaten it!

... since there were no crimes or disasters in Ponyville until Twilight Sparkle showed up, he paid the bills by being a fry cook.

Anarion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snap Shot had never quite understood his name. Oh sure, from the moment of birth everypony knew he was going to be a photographer. It didn't matter that there had never been an artist in the family for at least three generations, with a name like Snap Shot, the very first thing his parents had bought him was a toy camera, and he'd been overjoyed ever since.

No, the problem with his name is that Snap Shot had never taken a quick photo in his life. When he started playing with that camera as a foal, he would take his time and line it up just so. Flower Wishes used to laugh at him for it when they started school because he would try and line up shots of her favorite daisies. Problem was, he had to readjust every time a little breeze blew them out of position. He was a perfectionist and he knew it. And that made him wonder what in the hay his parents were thinking naming him Snap Shot.

In 2nd grade, when some of his classmates began getting their cutie marks, he started getting a little worried. Particularly after even Firecracker Burst got her cutie mark and they had to hold classes in Twilight's library until all the ash had been cleared out and the floorboards replaced. He was a photographer, he had always known it. So why no cutie mark? It could have been a camera, or film, or a picture frame, but something should have come by this point.

The breakthrough, as breakthroughs are wont to do, came unexpectedly. Flower Wishes had begged him to come out hiking with her. Apparently there was a rare type of violet on the other side of the Ponyville mountains and her parents wouldn't let her hike that far alone, even though she was sure she would be fine and had totally hiked that far before and besides did they think she was still a foal that couldn't be trusted not to wander off somewhere? Faced with that sort of tirade, Snap Shot had no choice but to go, even though he thought it would be boring. He still wanted to take pictures and had been busy composing a new shot in his living room of his sister's stuffed animal collection. At least they didn't move in the wind.

He still had his camera, but he was less than sanguine about getting any shots. Still, they hiked. And hiked. And hiked. It occurred to Snap Shot that a spindly unicorn was, perhaps, not the best choice for a traveling companion. But he soldiered on anyway, while Flower kept looking to and fro, seeing if she could spot her rumored violets.

And then, they reached the top of the mountain. And down below, there was a sea of flowers, and a look, and yet another mountain in the distance. Snap Shot was tired, perhaps even a little delirious, and when he got there and finally stopped to rest, he moved without even thinking, lifted his camera and simply pressed the shutter. He put it back down and just turned to Flower: "It sure is beautiful isn't it? I wish I had the time to get the shot just right."

"Silly, she said, you just took a picture. I saw you! Now let's head down, I bet I see those violets in that valley down there!"

Snap Shot just sat in awe, before he picked up his camera, aimed it at the view and started clicking away, while a small landscape gradually appeared on his flank.

Maxtronaut
    Spoiler
    Show
    His name's Dreamcatcher, His CM is, wouldn't ya know it, a dreamcatcher. He is an insomniac as well as a schizophrenic. He has an imaginary zebra friend named Bandia, and acknowledges the fact that he is not real. However, he's still fun to talk with sometimes. So, Dreamcatcher was a late bloomer, I mean Really late. He got his cutie mark because his father, Frederic Horshoepin (look him up on the MLP Wiki), was complaining of increasingly realistic nightmares. He ended up in the hospital, and Dreamcatcher decided to stay with him that night. Surprisingly, Dreamcatcher fell asleep, but his dream wasn't his own. He had entered his father's nightmare. Dreamcatcher watched as a creature, much akin to the weird black ooze pony that is now Thubby's pet, appears. It sits down at his Frederic's piano and starts playing a beautiful melody. Dreamcatcher finds his father and asks him why he is covering his ears. Frederic claims that he must cover his ears because the ooze pony is emitting an awful screeching sound, which he can't block out, even though he's covering his ears. Dreamcatcher eventually convinces his father to uncover his ears, and he hears the beautiful music as well. The creature beckons for Frederic to sit next to it and play along with it. Frederic does in fact sit down next to it and helps to make the song even more amazing. The two ponies stand and take a bow to the sound of thunderous applause. The creature fades away, and the dream ends. Dreamcatcher wakes up, in the early morning to find that he now has his cutie mark, and Frederic is sleeping peacefully. He awakens moments later, and thanks his son.

Amish Pirate

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cork family had been in the bottled drink business for longer than most ponies cared to remember. The current head of the family, Pop Cork, was a virtuoso of juice; mixing and blending flavors into masterpieces of beverage came to him as easy as breathing. So sure was he that his son would follow in his hoofsteps, that he even named him for the peculiar bottle caps his drink bottles so often used. Crown Cork, as fate would have it, had other ideas. Ever since he could hold a brush, he'd always found a special sort of peace when he was putting paint to paper. And in terms of technical ability, he was a prodigy. Nopony could match his skill for painting exactly the picture he meant to paint. Just one thing kept him from the easel cutie mark he was so sure he deserved. His attention to detail was so meticulous, that he took days to finish what other artists could accomplish in minutes. Ages of practice, practice, and more practice, and he never could manage to improve enough. His flank was still blank.

His father took this failing as a sign from Celestia herself. Why else would his artistry fail, if not to drive the young colt to the family business where he belonged? Despondent from his lack of a cutie mark, Crown soon found himself believing his father's words and took up work putting on the very caps he was named for. The bottled drink business held none of the magic of a paintbrush, but he couldn't turn down the promise of discovering his talent. He likely would've kept on this miserable path, were he a little less clumsy. While forcing on a particularly stubborn cap, Crown managed to nearly bend it in two. He was about to throw it away, when something about about the plain metal cap caught his eye. The way the metal bent, the way it half-caught the sunlight, it ignited an inspiration in him he hadn't felt in ages. Immediately he tore upstairs and grabbed his leftover paints, only to remember he hadn't bought proper paper in months. With no other option, he plucked out his tiniest brush and set to work on the cap itself.

The next morning, when Pop Cork came to check on the latest batch of Sunrise Lemonade, he found an amazing sight. On each and every one of the caps, he saw a miniature portrait of the sun rising above a sparkling lake. And at the end of the hallway, he found his son, sleeping amidst a pile of spilled paints and bottle caps just like the ones adorning his flank.

Diego Dragon

Spoiler
    Show
    **Picks up a windup key from one of his daughter's toys**

Okay then, I mean, a windup key? For the toy that just seems to keep going... till it hits a wall I guess. Okay, so a story? Well first let me say that this thread is crazy busy! I mean it was one weekend and we have like 12 pages of stuff? Wow, it's like as if the season is still going, you know? But I mean there was a lot of material so obviously it's going to keep on going like the windup key, but I never thought it would be like 12 pages long. Maybe 6-7 pages, but that's like, half the pages right there!
    So anyway, I imagine a little filly that just keeps running running running around with all this energy and loves to keep busy and that's kinda what comes to mind with this windup key, which I guess is one of those kinds of pony that figure out their cutie pretty quickly, hahaha... but puns aside I do think that the windup key could mean they keep on going, not necessarily that they're really fast, but that they got stamina like a robot. And they should have robots, at least, there was that one geeky pony in "Putting Your Hoof Down" that had a robot cutie mark so that must mean something, yeah? I was thinking she'd be a cute tan earth pony with an auburn mane worn short like Twilight, but maybe a little more "wild" if that makes sense? Throw in a pair of pretty light-green eyes and I think we have a cutie. Well, cute filly, not like cutie mark cutie, but that's another good pun.
    And this filly would be at home working in a toy factory, cause that would be so perfect for matching the cutie mark and I'm sure the only hard part is coming with a name. i'm bad with names, but I guess if you think about their mark and talents it's all about matching that up, right? And I'm thinking about it, the ponies get their name at birth, so is there any pony that gets a name that isn't matching their cutie mark? It's almost like either the parents have a "6th sense" for their child's future talents or the name is going to guide their future endevors for what their potential cutie mark will be. I wonder which would be better canon? Anyway, I think two possible names for the filly are Keyana or Windia, you know to play on the windup key cutie. So I dunno what do you think? Keyana or Windia? Keyana or Windia? Keyana or Windia? Keyana or Windia?

Winner: AmishPirate

Simple and subvertive, a combination of knowing where you came from and where you're going. Your prize is a theme week - pick a topic, any topic, and I'll have to do a week of drawings somehow related to that theme.

Runner-up: Anarion

Exhausting yourself until you stop worrying about perfection is how an awful lot of my writing gets done. Your prize is a reverse dare: Show me a picture of any object and I'll have to write a story about how a pony got that as their cutie mark.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Additional head-canon:
    Discord was responsible for the creation of the parasprites and poison joke.

The reason that Princess Celestia lost to Chrysalis was that she held far too much back; had Celestia fought at her full strength, she would have won easily (and probably vaporized a good chunk of Canterlot). The last time that Celestia had gone full power, the result was the wasteland that currently houses Appleloosa and Dodge.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is it just me or does 8-bit Rarity look like Shining Armor?
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Additional head-canon:
    Discord was responsible for the creation of the parasprites and poison joke.

The reason that Princess Celestia lost to Chrysalis was that she held far too much back; had Celestia fought at her full strength, she would have won easily (and probably vaporized a good chunk of Canterlot). The last time that Celestia had gone full power, the result was the wasteland that currently houses Appleloosa and Dodge.
    That's... also a good point. Probably a long, long time ago, long enough that it isn't even remembered.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #656

Griffon

One other thing in my Alicorn headcanon (adapted from a fic which has Celestia/Dinky Doo shipping, with Whooves actually being Celestia. Not in my headcanon, although it's a nice fic).

Alicorns can sustain their mate with their own lifeforce, granting them immortality. This does have to be agreed to by said mate, but still.

Mainly because I don't want Cadance and Shining Armor to be split up by the latter's mortality.
    Hah, speaking of that, I like to speculate that Cadence isn't actually an alicorn, just a garden-variety pegasus unicorn with no earth pony aspect. That would also mean that that one unicorn with Celestia's body type is part earth pony, but not part pegasus.

Edit: Someone please ask the inevitable follow-up question. I already figured out the answer.
    Last edited by Jothki; 2012-05-03 at 11:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah, speaking of that, I like to speculate that Cadence isn't actually an alicorn, just a garden-variety pegasus unicorn with no earth pony aspect. That would also mean that that one unicorn with Celestia's body type is part earth pony, but not part pegasus.

Edit: Someone please ask the inevitable follow-up question. I already figured out the answer.
    She's a full-on Alicorn in my headcanon, just a relatively young one.

Focused on emotional magic rather than the realm of the physical which is why Chrysalis was able to defeat and imprison her. Also, anything related to love for her or from her gives a MASSIVE power boost to other people's magic, as seen from Chrysalis and Shining Armor.

Alternatively, she's in the process of becoming a full Alicorn, just hasn't taken on Earth Pony magic yet.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #658

Additional headcanon:
    Celestia is the alicorn of the sun, and Luna is the alicorn of the moon. When the time comes, Twilight will be the alicorn of the stars.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

29. - Top - End - #659

That's... also a good point. Probably a long, long time ago, long enough that it isn't even remembered.
    You could probably blame the entirety of the Everfree on him, too. Some places, when unleashed from there bonds, never realy go back to how they once were. The Princesses actualy built a castle near the area where Discord was defeated, but eventualy Luna had to be sent to the moon and living there was simply not feasble without her magic. As such, the place ever slowly grew more wild and untamed, eventualy swallowing up the castle that was ment to keep it under control.

So yeah, it's too rooted in to remove the currant span of it, but Celestia can keep the wild area from spilling out farther. The creatures inside it, however, are not so fettered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me guess, the question is who's the earth pony/unicorn, and the answer involves the trophy wife of a certain Canterlot noble.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show