New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I saw something that got me to thinking the other day. How different would season 2 have been if bronies hadn't been a thing? I imagine quite different.
    I honestly don't think it would have been THAT different. I doubt we'd have gotten Luna Eclipsed, and some of the more over-the-top episodes like Lesson Zero might have been toned down a bit. Oh, and there wouldn't have been any Derpy sightings or scene in the Last Round Up. Those are the only things I can think of that were really brony targeted off the top of my head. Some of the other references we liked, like the I Love Lucy homage and the imagine spots in MMMMystery were the kinds of thing they were throwing in before they even knew bronies would be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Hey guys, have we done a favorite 3 songs from season 2 poll yet? or how about list of favorites from both seasons?
    Smile and This Day Aria are my number 1 and 2, tough to pick a number 3 from the rest. Probably the Find a Pet song.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

So....watched a bit, and I'm still prefering Call of Duty over the show.... and said it somewhere else and people are all like "BLASPHEMY!"....
    ....the frak?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    So....watched a bit, and I'm still prefering Call of Duty over the show.... and said it somewhere else and people are all like "BLASPHEMY!"....
    ....the frak?
    Some people, of any fanbase, are zealous sometimes.

Or they were joking, like when I yell it at people who say they didn't watch TMNT as kids.

Maybe.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

....the frak?
    Fair warning, Bronies have already taken over a good bit of the Internet, and some of us still have a little trouble with the whole tolerance portion of love and tolerance.

We're generally pretty respectful of non-bronies, though, so the worst you can expect here is the occasional image like this;
    Spoiler
    Show

or this
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

....the frak?
    HERESY!
    Spoiler
    Show

(any excuse to post that gif)

Seriously though, you gave the show a look and found it wasn't for you. That's all we can ask really.

So, anyway, apparantly the red teenaged dragon had a name. Did we know this already?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #216

....the frak?
    Well, at least you tried it. If you gave it a fair shot with an open mind nobody should give you flack for not liking it. Some people are just overzealous, it's a rather annoying element of a certain segment of the brony population. It's like the annoying frat boys that, if you tell them you don't care for CoD will answer something like LOL U R GAY COD IS TEH GREATEST GAME EVER!

Every fanbase has them, although the hypocracy among bronies that claim to be about love and tolerance and then blast people who disagree with them particularly irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So, anyway, apparantly the red teenaged dragon had a name. Did we know this already?
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did know that. Nayuki's great though, she's the one who told us that Chrysalis wasn't just called "Changeling Queen" too
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm for season 2 songs.

Well, I have Smile! completely memorized and I can do the whole thing without music. So there's that.

I also like B.B.B.F.F., primarily because I self-identify with it, more than the actual music, though I do think its fun and catchy.

Becoming popular third, it's got a great tune.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

....the frak?
    I find it odd that between a video game and a show you consider one "preferable" as in... apples and oranges why do they have to oppose?

Also as others have said, not all bronies are as nice as they should be. I still find it better the net-standard in this regard.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

....the frak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I find it odd that between a video game and a show you consider one "preferable" as in... apples and oranges why do they have to oppose?

Also as others have said, not all bronies are as nice as they should be. I still find it better the net-standard in this regard.
    Add me to the confused list. CoD and My Little Pony aren't really comparable. Heck, I'm not sure that even a show like 24 would be comparable with CoD, interactive vs. not interactive mediums are pretty different.

Of course, you could just be saying that you'd rather spend your free time playing CoD multiplayer instead of watching more My Little Pony, in which case that's fine.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

....the frak?
    It's because you picked a poor game to play instead of watching awesomeness incarnate. (I jest. Play what you want, don't let my opinion of the gameplay get in your way. But really, is another three or four run-throughs of Baldur's Gate II and a couple games of Heroes III too much to ask for? I'm almost considering never upgrading my computer again so that I can still play those games.)
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Can you post your lists so that we may review it?
    Okay... list coming very soon! *goes off to find list of episode names*

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Just thought I'd pop this here.

Remember ponyphonic's great song a while back "The Moon Rises"? Well, someone has gone and set a sketchy animatic to it. It's early stages, but you can get the feel for what's going on. Think it does a good job given how early stage WIP it is.

13. - Top - End - #223

So I watched Putting Your Hoof Down again, first time had me amused, second time had me speculative as to why they had her become this mean to everypony, and third time had me right back to speculative and amused.

I agree that some of the ponies in this episode were a little over the top with how they treated Fluttershy, but you can see why it needed to be shown, because for the most part, in most of the episodes, she was a major shy pushover who was sometimes too kind.

You can also see that she is getting more and more frustrated throughout the day, and can only feel worse about herself rather then that they're being unfair.

She sees the pamphlet and the show as a way to become assertive and not be a doormat anymore, she goes, does things the way that Iron Will shows, and finds that she enjoys it. And lets be honest, a lot of us have been there where that first showing of being "assertive" was thrilling and powerful. She then does what a lot of us did at that first "victory", she takes the inch she gained and runs it for a mile. While running with it all those frustrations and all those "failures" in her eyes start to make her see shades of red, and she starts losing it at the drop of the hat just to show how she's changed.

It's only after she sees how angry she looks that she even realizes just how wrong things were going. Which is something else that hits home, ever look in the mirror and see just how angry you look? Didn't it just freak you out to see it on your face?

After thinking about the episode and watching it for the third time, I think my only two gripes are the over the top abusive and annoying ponies, and the letter at the end, it just didn't seem to do justice to what Fluttershy learned.

Sorry if my thoughts seem muddled.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Firbolg in the Playground

For fellow americans waching the weather, I am in Kentucky, Fern Creek to be exact.

Might not hear from me for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-28 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wow, impressive. Now can you do a picture of what happens when they all fire?
    Win another contest and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Heh, when you said "abstract", I never expected it to look this.....good!
    When I said "Drawing" I never expected it to look this good.

Glad you like it! =D

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    It's because you picked a poor game to play instead of watching awesomeness incarnate. (I jest. Play what you want, don't let my opinion of the gameplay get in your way. But really, is another three or four run-throughs of Baldur's Gate II and a couple games of Heroes III too much to ask for? I'm almost considering never upgrading my computer again so that I can still play those games.)
    ????
    I watched awesomeness incarnate! and actually played it! I passed both Half Life and Half Life 2!
    (I don't really know Baldur's Gate, but I prefer heroes 5 and 4 over 3 )

I think I would just keep trying and find something that I may like in it, or just my hate of "childish themed stuff" will make me a hater when that is spammed on the internet and rage again just like in April 1st

TBH, watched just a small bit and was in a bad mood, so I think it doesn't really count.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-28 at 07:41 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

(I don't really know Baldur's Gate, but I prefer heroes 5 and 4 over 3 )
    see again heresy.gif

In any case, "childish themed stuff" does tend to be pretty poor quality. I think most of the fandom around MLP comes from the fact that it's very well-done and isn't dumbed down too much, unlike Dora or most other kid's shows. Out of curiosity, are there any Pixar movies you like (I specify Pixar because DreamWorks also does less "kidsy" stuff than, say, Shrek)? The appeal is much the same, I find - cutesy stuff for the kids, decent story and references for the adults (and both for teenagers and the child-at-hearts ).
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Fear not BG is getting an updated re-release sometime soon!

(Though yeah I feel your pain, I'm playing BGII and its a bit rough to keep the game stable on my system)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Where was Luna in the finale? Here:

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Fear not BG is getting an updated re-release sometime soon!

(Though yeah I feel your pain, I'm playing BGII and its a bit rough to keep the game stable on my system)
    I got a new Win7 laptop the other day, and I'm dreading trying to install and make it play properly. Wish the parents would let me keep the desktop around. Oh well, hopefully the Enhanced Edition will work natively.

Right, ponies. Minsc stands ready! Butts Plots will be liberally kicked in good measure!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground

I got a new Win7 laptop the other day, and I'm dreading trying to install and make it play properly. Wish the parents would let me keep the desktop around. Oh well, hopefully the Enhanced Edition will work natively.

Right, ponies. Minsc stands ready! Butts Plots will be liberally kicked in good measure!
    "While fighting a Ursa"

Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    "While fighting a Ursa"

Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    Squeaky wheel gets the buck!

Oh Minsc, you will live forever in our hearts. Now as a pony.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

I *almost* made a pony portrait for my current run.

Anyways some quick advice: Don't use the Program Files directory.UAC makes the default directory pain in the butt, especially with mods. I also have some graphics issue and have to switch modes to a lower grade mode to keep it stable, but that will depend on your card.

Changing topics I think I have new favorite Twilight pic, but its really not meant for show:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

I *almost* made a pony portrait for my current run.

Anyways some quick advice: Don't use the Program Files directory.UAC makes the default directory pain in the butt, especially with mods. I also have some graphics issue and have to switch modes to a lower grade mode to keep it stable, but that will depend on your card.
    I'm using a picture of the Doctor and a Doctor soundset (mostly David Tennant, a few from Eccleston and one or two from Smith). Cleric dualling to Mage at 14, just because.

UAC does weird things with Program Files? That's interesting. Not applicable (I throw basically everything on the D partition as force of habit), but interesting nevertheless.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

25. - Top - End - #235

Out of curiosity, are there any Pixar movies you like (I specify Pixar because DreamWorks also does less "kidsy" stuff than, say, Shrek)? The appeal is much the same, I find - cutesy stuff for the kids, decent story and references for the adults (and both for teenagers and the child-at-hearts ).
    Only 2 I can think of are Wall-E and The incredibles, the others are mostly ok to me.
    But yeah, I mostly prefer Dreamworks' stuff
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

Changing topics I think I have new favorite Twilight pic, but its really not meant for show:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That doesn't look like either the Providence or the Strike Freedom... what model is that?
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    That doesn't look like either the Providence or the Strike Freedom... what model is that?
    You have no idea how terribly sad that makes me feel. Think older and better.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Colossus in the Playground

Thinking about it, this show has actually taught me some important lessons about myself. A couple weeks ago in my rock climbing class we were rappelling out the window of the football stadium, about 50 feet up. Even though there were so many redundant ropes that it was completely save and I wanted to look cool doing it, I still spent several minutes clutching the ledge right under the window and wall in terror, while "Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!" kept looping in my head, until I took a deep breath and rappelled to the ground.

But, much more importantly. My brother is a complete jerk. He doesn't know anything about personal space, he loves antagonizing me, and he flies into a rage at the drop of a hat. Dealing with him is like walking on eggshells.

But, of all things, when I watched Sisterhooves Special, I spent several minutes looking at my laptop screen before finally realizing that as awful as my brother is, I could have been, could be, a better big sister to him.

29. - Top - End - #239

Hey Aorts, I think I might have found your favorite thing? Is this yours?
    Spoiler
    Show

In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit here and keep listening to my new favorite song.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thinking about it, this show has actually taught me some important lessons about myself. A couple weeks ago in my rock climbing class we were rappelling out the window of the football stadium, about 50 feet up. Even though there were so many redundant ropes that it was completely save and I wanted to look cool doing it, I still spent several minutes clutching the ledge right under the window and wall in terror, while "Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!" kept looping in my head, until I took a deep breath and rappelled to the ground.

But, much more importantly. My brother is a complete jerk. He doesn't know anything about personal space, he loves antagonizing me, and he flies into a rage at the drop of a hat. Dealing with him is like walking on eggshells.

But, of all things, when I watched Sisterhooves Special, I spent several minutes looking at my laptop screen before finally realizing that as awful as my brother is, I could have been, could be, a better big sister to him.
    That is... one of the most profound things I've ever heard.

That actually makes me re-examine myself as an older brother better...
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28