New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

okay so I've been lead to believe that people are drawing scenes from the pony threads so i'd like to make a request could someone draw some part of this post. Or you could just draw my avatar with sunglasses laying in a beach chair under an umbrella that looks like his cutiemark on with Luna and Celestia laying in their beach chairs under their umbrellas that have their cutiemarks on the top.
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Hey Aorts, I think I might have found your favorite thing? Is this yours?
    Spoiler
    Show

In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit here and keep listening to my new favorite song.
    Rarity is best Tali. :D
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    So I watched Putting Your Hoof Down again, first time had me amused, second time had me speculative as to why they had her become this mean to everypony, and third time had me right back to speculative and amused.

I agree that some of the ponies in this episode were a little over the top with how they treated Fluttershy, but you can see why it needed to be shown, because for the most part, in most of the episodes, she was a major shy pushover who was sometimes too kind.

You can also see that she is getting more and more frustrated throughout the day, and can only feel worse about herself rather then that they're being unfair.

She sees the pamphlet and the show as a way to become assertive and not be a doormat anymore, she goes, does things the way that Iron Will shows, and finds that she enjoys it. And lets be honest, a lot of us have been there where that first showing of being "assertive" was thrilling and powerful. She then does what a lot of us did at that first "victory", she takes the inch she gained and runs it for a mile. While running with it all those frustrations and all those "failures" in her eyes start to make her see shades of red, and she starts losing it at the drop of the hat just to show how she's changed.

It's only after she sees how angry she looks that she even realizes just how wrong things were going. Which is something else that hits home, ever look in the mirror and see just how angry you look? Didn't it just freak you out to see it on your face?

After thinking about the episode and watching it for the third time, I think my only two gripes are the over the top abusive and annoying ponies, and the letter at the end, it just didn't seem to do justice to what Fluttershy learned.

Sorry if my thoughts seem muddled.
    She's basically acting exactly like the ponies that bullied her at school. An empowering feeling, at first...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Has anyone else noticed that Twilight's family appears to be quite influential? They are extremely wealthy, their son became the captain of the guard/married a princess, they not only got their daughter into the examination for magical school but she became the son-queens favorite student.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Put simply, that isn't love. You can't have any sort of serious emotional connection like that of any capacity as love. She might be compassionate, but she is not in love with her subjects.
    I absolutely must disagree with that. Celestia absolutely can have a "serious emotional connection" to something other than one pony, to the point that she may gladly devote her entire life and all her time and attention to her subjects, to the point that she may even willingly sacrifice herself for her subjects (because we love tired old clichés).

Granted, whether she does have such a sense of love for her subjects is mere speculation, which brings me to your other points...

You are basing your issue around divergence from head canon, do I have to make this point?

Or the explanation that this is simply Twilight's own talent for magic manifesting. Your connection here is purely speculative, when you build bridges of linked speculation its more surprising when they don't fall apart.

You can believe as you like... that is entirely different then raising some sort of problem in canon from it.

I have headcanon too but treat it ruthlessly. Every time canon expands I slit my headcanon's throat and kick out the back of the van while cruising down the highway.

As yet we cannot make Cadence's UberLoveCharge effect as more then her own particular unicorn magic. Remember Shining already built a forcefield of the size used to throw the Changelings out on his own. If you want to link them knock yourself out... but you can't base Fridge Logic off it.

To which I return to my initial objection: Why does Celestia have to be running off the Power of Love in the first place?
    It's ALL speculation. I don't know what you think we're discussing, but I'm discussing speculative ideas based loosely on the show and nothing more. All I want to do is present this idea I have and show that it is at least not impossible given what we know. And since we know very little for a fact we can come up with a lot of theories like this that are not ruled out by canon yet.

It's like science. You come up with an hypothesis, and there may be other hypotheses to explain the same thing, and as long as your hypothesis is not ruled out by current data it is (ideally) as good as any other such hypothesis. Then you go on and collect more data, and if it fits your hypothesis that's great, if it doesn't then you either adapt your hypothesis or throw it out.

Here, I have my hypothesis about Celestia and the power of Love. It's based on a lot of assumptions, but I am arguing that it is not outright impossible given our current state of knowledge about the world. In the future it's possible that more data will become available, or someone will notice a new detail from the old episodes that I'd missed, and I'll either have to adapt my hypothesis to that or if all else fails throw it out. And sure, I'll throw it out if it comes to that, but I'll try to defend or adapt it first.

In short, Celestia doesn't HAVE to be able to tap into the power of Love, I never said that, but I like the idea and I think it can work and that it'd be interesting that way. Maybe other ideas can work too, maybe the show will one day address it in their own way, but until then we can decide whatever we like.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-04-29 at 04:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

Sure I do! Her alignment is Sexy Evil!
    Fine, fine.
    Crikey.

We are either going to have to stop developing interest in the same characters or move to the same continent/area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Two soldiers, one old, one young, are on watch on the eve of a battle. The young soldier cooly strolls around, eyeing the night for activity while the old soldier quickly paces his route, shaking and clearly terrified. After a few hours of this, the young soldier casually says to the old soldier "I thought people called you courageous. Why are you shaking so much?" To which the old soldier replies "If you understood the situation like I do, you wouldn't be here." Courage is an obvious example, but you can apply that story to just about any "virtue." I would also say that most people consider all virtues to be sacrifices in some way; not just sacrifices for other people or institutions, but for ones own future and well being, the present pleasure must by stopped at times. The actions of virtue can be preformed in ignorance (not fleeing from the battle, in that story), but they aren't as virtuous as a gnostic action would be because the ignorant preformer is sacrificing less (in their mind) by preforming them.
    But virtue needn't be defined by sacrifice.

If kindness is a virtue, and kindness is freely given with no cost to the giver, does it cease being virtuous?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    what if....

The new discord voice work is not for a Discord "returning" episode, but rather a flashback episode about The origin of The Alicorn Sisters (Divine Duo) and their fight against Discord to free Equestria?
    A pony can dream~

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Interesting. I think Discord trumps the other two, but he also purposely withholds his power and seems to enjoy playing games and giving the good guys a chance to win even when he doesn't have to.
    Refutable.
    Discord is a spirit of disharmony. It is the nature of such a creature to play games where it can lose. Discord doesn't have power at all outside such games. He is a narrative structure manifest. He's not all powerful, he's just cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    I think I'll just stand in this Pi = 3 zone, until this blows over. Discord best Villain in Ponyvile, for this thread, Aotrs . But I think I'm better in force. Space forces, armys and rockets can't do much when space and time burn around you.

Have you ever seen space and time, get twisted and bent so much that the friction of them rubbing lights it a flame. it's petty.
    Yep. I am,after all, a wizard. One of the first things a successful wizard learns is how to perceive in ways that mortal minds should never suffer.

One of the second things a successful wizard learns is how to cope with being unable to undo such a terrible mistake.

Surviving beyond "reality" is somewhere around 75th on list of successful wizard skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    So, ponythread. Anyone up for a thought experiment? Literally, it's an experiment that requires thought, and an experiment with thoughts.

As you know, we had a pause in the pony schedule the Saturday preceding the finale, so that we could have the finale aired together. This, naturally, removed a lot of the tension and anxiety that would appear. My question, and request, is then thus.

Can you, momentarily, try to forget the second half of the finale? Forget it has aired, pretend you have not seen it yet. The last scene you have seen of the show as of now is when a suddenly actually-evil Cadance engulfs Twilight in green fire and diffuses her into the floor.

Can you come up with what your thoughts would be right now, if the show had left you with that cliffhanger for a week? What theories would spring up, what guesses as to the actual events that would follow would you now have? Try to imagine.
    I thought she was going to be some fey witch who banished twilight to the dark realm from which the clones spawned, some beyond-the-mirror terrorland.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Responses in bold, my good pony.
    Darn, now I have to go back and address these manually. Well played...

Want to apologize though. I've had a tough two months, like, drop everything, set it all ablaze and star a new life on a different continent. I've been short with folks and tweren't proper. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulamoon
    Watched 25-26 again and found one thing I didn't liked in hindsight:

Why exactly Mane 6 were asked to do anything? I liked Best Night Ever in that it shown the Mane 6 aren't Mary Sues and are way out of their league with veteran professionals - cooks, designers, musicians, etc. Why then they were asked to do anything for very important wedding? Trollestia wanted to crash third party in Canterlot in a row?

I mean, AJ was established as good, but very down to earth cook, hating fancy foods. Why not ask the Cakes to make cake? Or Donut Joe? Gustave, even? They just won very big awards, AJ didn't even qualified for that competition. Why ask quiet, easily scared birds to provide music? They would be barely audible, plus, fans would love them some Octavia and Co. Fluttershy apparently can't even pick good birds for the occasion. Same with Pinkie - "Cadence" had a point it would be great birthday party for a foal, but wouldn't exactly fit a wedding.

The only way I can make sense out of this, is that Shining Armor asked for them specifically, but seeing Twilight didn't bothered to tell the girls about her brother, her saying anything to Armor when she stated she stopped seeing him is rather improbable. So, was it Trollestia? I don't know, it feels very... fanfic-ey in hindsight.
    Because the bride and groom both wanted them there.

When have weddings ever made sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    @Anarion you didn't find my post anwering how I found this place or you just stoped talking to me cuz of me?
    Given ponythread speed it's fair to say that sometimes, folks don't always respond in the rush. It's not personal though.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    So, a quick thought. *I've been reposting some of my fics over on FIMfiction. *I'm in the midst of doing Semper Fidelis.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/22677/Semper-Fidelis **

... where was all this love and goodwill for the story the first time around?
    Right here you ninny!
    Bet you thought we were just being nice because we were your friends huh? Ha! If thanqol and I have taught you anything, it should be that "Friendship is never having to pull your punches."

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Just rewatched dragonshy. Noticed multiple ponies of different types showed the fainting goat reflex to fear in this episode and later ones.

Theory: Long ago the pre-equestria pony populations were at one point under assault by goat forces. I'm thinking a warlord ala ghengis khan, cheiftan neverfaints. Due to repeated sacking and raping of the womenfolk, goat genetics have been irrevocably mixed into the pony populations. Possibly also why some ponies have goatish beards.
    In the phrase "rape and plunder", i don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Fixed that for you.

I mean, dude, there are limits to my tolerance! Jubilee as a vampire was the absolute one! (Am I going to keep harping on about this? You'd better believe it!)

Vampire ponies? Not on my rabidly violent watch
    Best to keep you out of the IRC then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Oh boy... Here comes the rant.
    Shortened version: He apparently doesn't like vampires in general
    Believe us; we know, and we enjoy getting him going. There is a soothing cadence to his violent diatribe, like waves of a deep red sea slamming chopping over you while you lie have submerged.

Besides, I've out-talked him before. It's not like I can't then spare the time to listen for a spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Yeah, that pushover Balor set up to shout in terror when Bleakbane ported into the abyss was a really nice touch by his PR guys as well. Very believable, and definitely good for spreading his reputation. I'm not going to survive the night, am I?
    Hmmm.
    The problem here is you are implying Blair's are not, typically, pushovers. They totally are.

That said, he's had vanguard training. I ain'tnt messing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Eh, my alignment seems to vary dependant on all sorts of factors. I guess I have evolved beyond the confines of such a rigid morality system.

That, or I'm true neutral. One or the other.
    Alignment is fun, and a relic from when AD&D had an implied default setting and if you changed it at all you were no longer playing AD&D, and if you had to ask about said setting you weren't smart enough to appreciate if and should just go play regular D&D, and leave the tournament level gaming to the big boys.

WITCHCRAFT!

Ooh... I don't feel well. What... what has happened to me? Chrysalis... what did you do to me!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uh
    I
    That
    She
    They
    Who

Aha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That
    That's
    Um
    Not pretty and appealing in any way no sirree
    *purs concealer over Lix's cutie mark*
    ... Cutie Mark Crusaders Queen Chrysalis Concubines?

Pfff, at least you didn't see the same kid you tried to save before getting blown up by a freaking REAPER when he was trying to escape!
    You're kidding. You are kidding, right?

That kid, who exists only because kids dying is edgy?
    Who's sole reason god being included is so magic sparkle mcguffin can seem legitimate despite being as reasonable or understandable as Charger discovering tear love?

The one Whois either an obvious hallucination or the first clue that the designers threw In a load of bunk and couldn't be arsed to add sound effects or, you know, verisimilitude of any stripe?

The kid who has no narrative or causal impact anywhere, but still haunts my poorly forced "nightmares" because kids are supposed to be all like, innocent, so let's off one for shock value?

You actually fell for that?
    I've got a genie lamp. Wanna buy it? Only seven bits~

I have a slightly different but possibly more amusing variant.

"My fanon ruined season two!"
    I VOTE FOR THIS FOR NEXT THREAD.

Right. Unicorns produce love from the appendix. *(I wonder how many people around here remember THAT reference?)
    I DID! But I decided to quote post. I forgotDBC was back on the case, but I'll get you next time, in-joke! NNNNEEEEEeeeeexxxxttt ttttiiiiiiiiimmmmeee......

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    POKONIC (or whoever it was who got that contest drawrequest off me?), you asked for the FULL PONYTHREAD ELEMENTS OF HARMONY to be drawn by me.

WELL LET NO ONE SAY I HALF-ASS CONTEST REWARDS

Spoiler
    Show

"What is it, SiuiS?"
    "You see, Mask, a long time ago a bunch of friends decided they, too, could wield the elements of harmony. However, the group of friends was closer to forty than six. After a while, the elements started getting very silly."

Fullview here

I USED MY FULL ASS
    Fabulous. New screen saver?
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wow, impressive. *Now can you do a picture of what happens when they all fire?
    Sure!

Spoiler
    Show

Turns out the ponythread elements were actually the villains! The mod team had to go on a sacred quest to restore reality. Rawhide has my voice locked up as hostage should we ever do it again.

Oh, good luck doing it against the humans
    Son, please. Sit on down, let ol' Starry school you.

You know who is stronger and better than the average human?
    The average Krogan.

You know who is better than the average Krogan?
    A Krogan battlemaster.

You know what separates battlemasters from the chaff?
    Training as a vanguard.

You know what that training enables a Krogan to do?
    Create explosions and/or destroy buildings with their face.

You know who destroys buildings and creates explosions with her face?
    Rainbow. Mirriam. Dash.

You've got commander Shepard? Please.
    I've got a military race of living reusable nuclear superheroes.

My favorite season 2 song was Pinkie's Smile Smile Smile. *In fact, for me, it blows the competition out of the water so thoroughly that I'm having a hard time thinking of 2nd and 3rd favorite.
    Totally took the words from my mouth, mate.

So....watched a bit, and I'm still prefering Call of Duty over the show.... and said it somewhere else and people are all like "BLASPHEMY!"....
    ....the frak?
    In the beginning, and even up to today, we got a lot of folks who never gave the show a chance, and decided they didn't like it purely out of hype backlash; that it was cool to dislike cool things.

So when you say "eh, it's no [manly stereotype]" what they hear is "I'm insecure and instead of dealing with that I'll say the thing you like is stupid". Which is dumb; pretty much all knee-jerk reactions are dumb. It's rather ironic really.

In the end though, it's entirely possible it's not your cup of tea. That's cool. I don't even like tea myself! I'm a coffee kinda unicorn. So We're in the same boat, you see, of not liking tea. And this boat we are in is heading for ADVENTURE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Nope, because lions tend to leave very little waste.
    Pfff lions leave all the waste, it's why scavengers love them.

Feeding on emotions like the Windigos is one thing. *Though they're extremely dangerous, they're still largely just animals doing what they do. *The changelings have the inherently unpleasant (I'll avoid calling it 'evil' to avoid any more animal comparisons ) trait of feeding on love. *They've evolved to be quite effective at stealing love from others to feed on. *On top of that, they're more intelligent than animals and bring those oh-so-wonderful traits like gluttony and a thirst for power with this ability. *They're smart, they could probably find a way to feed without hurting anypony. *They could just change into some unique pony and live peacefully among the ponies. *Do they? *No. *They go and invade the capital so they can just take whatever love they want. *(I have no idea how they would do this, or how Chrysalis expected to get love after revealing herself to the world. *Unless she was planning on completely replacing all of Canterlot and using it as a base of operations to infiltrate and feed off the other cities.)
    Well first, both sanity and morality are inherently human constructs that stop being useful once you get into suitably alien arenas.

Second... How do we know the changelings are predatory? They may have existed for eons integrating slowly into pony society as the lore attached to the name suggests, doing no harm but still being persecuted if they were ever found out.
    Or they may be like actual changelings, pug in place of stolen babies and not gaining control IC their power until puberty, when they are suddenly cast out their once-family for always having been a changeling.

Perhaps this is even necessary, and the changelings must capture baby ponies and use their cocoons to reproduce? They're sentient, so they aren't a parasite, unless you count vampires as parasites1. They are a sentient race. Should they die out because they're nature clashes with your delicate sensibilities of what is and is not okay behavior for sophonts?

Further, their queen MUST see after her people, that's the point of being ruler. And her people couldn't have been*doing well, as she said she brought them - all of them - to canter lot where food was plentiful rather than scarce. Her entire people.

Her species brought down to just one hive, barely surviving because their 'prey' was too unforgiving, too racist to accept such creatures? That, friend, is immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    DO IT! I WANT TO READ!
    That's one more yes-vote than I expected, so sure!

I came out of basic about a week ago. It was.... an Interesting experience, to be honest. X)

First things, first, I suppose...

Spoiler
    Show

The first day we got there, the first things said to us:

"Get off the damn bus."

Already, things were horrible.

Quickly we were rushed upstairs and had to shower, shave, and brush our teeth all within about the space of two minutes. While we were unpacking, we were all forced to stop due to one pair giggling in the back. We stood around for half an hour while the MTI (Military Training Instructor) waited for him to tell a joke that made him laugh.*

We met our actual MTI sometime after that night. Man, he was an interesting character, let me tell you.
    He didn't swear at us. No, no no. He didn't have to. the time we spent pushing on our faces was more than enough.

We learned drill, we learned customs and courtesies, we had to take our hats off as we entered a building and put them on as we left.

We had books to study on a lot of basic military subjects, and pretty much had to study them whenever we got the chance, which wasn't very often.*

The most difficult part, though, was just how detailed and neat we had to keep everything. and I mean EVERYTHING. T-shirts had to bee rolled PERFECTLY. completely flush, flat, and grounded. the top facing the rear of the wall locker. Towels flush and folded just so. NO strings on our uniforms (And trust me, they checked every inch of those things). No dust bunnies on the floors, hospital corners at 90 degrees... and you had to insure you did NOT, and I mean DID NOT, screw up on Entry Controller duty. no one was allowed to enter your dormitory unless they were authorized first.*

Anyways... X)

I was so afraid the whole time of getting recycled (The term used for sending you back in weeks if you weren't up to standard). I broke down about halfway through 2nd week. I was dribbling like a little baby!

WE got to go through a program called BEAST, which was a simulated combat environment. the best of that was sleeping in Tents. during a tornado. =)

There was a tornado that touched down near our campsite while we were in the tents. those winds were howling like crazy. and you know what? I only woke up once. Because I had to pee.

We had to do anything we could to keep ourselves sane. When the MTI wasn't there after we finished details, we would play baseball with a paper ball and a mop handle. I taught everyone silly riddle games like Green Glass Door, and we would constantly joke about our MTI and the silly things he and our Brother flight MTI would say.*

Our favorites were probably "Get outta the way!" and "NO!" it was the way he said it, more than what he said.

We also had another phrase we had borrowed from a different MTI:
    "I'm a Honey Badger. I do what I want".

all in all, our flight did average. we weren't the best, but we were fairly decent at everything, Our marching, our PT, our tests.*

Boy, the MTI's could be scary, especially when you did something wrong. and you could not LAUGH at all if they did or said something funny. you would be drilled for that. Hard. They had so much fun testing us on our knowledge of your studies right after dinner.*

some of the funnier things they did and/or said:

I heard one sing the Mario theme song AT somebody. It was weird as anything.
    And another hum circus clown music whenever a Trainee did something wrong.

I ended up failing on of my final locker inspections and nearly lost what little time I would have been able to spend on the town... but, luckily, I was able to work things out so I could. and San Antonio was AMAZING. I'm glad I was able to go and explore it. =)

I met a few people I might consider friends... but i barely see any of the ones that made it to the same tech school as me.*

Speaking of which, I am currently sitting here writing in Mississippi. and it's the weekend. AWWWW Yeah!
    Keep on, man. I'm proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    He looks so disappointed at the end. Although who wouldn't, that would be the best assignment ever. Effectively "write the Karma Sutra please."
    Pet peeve: the Kama sutra isn't a book on sex.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a book on how to be a playboy. It only contains six actual "positions", no illustrations, and seems chock-full of misogyny. Like the chapter on how to beat your wife in a socially acceptable manner (but don't worry; she likes it!) or how to proposition your barber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Ah, the good old times when we knew lions were evil and cannibalism wasn't.
    Times were simpler then. Food more plentiful.

Finding a lifemate was murder though.

It's good to see you mate! How ya been? Have an unrelated human nightmare moon!

Spoiler
    Show

On Deadly's Debate:

I must agree. The heart has no limits. Love is not defined by being solely between two people. Celestia could very well care for her subjects collectively enough that the changelings could all just naturalize and bask.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-04-29 at 04:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit here and keep listening to my new favorite song.
    Which reminds me, someone needs to do a MLP/Dune cross over. It would please me greatly. >_<

No, I don't know why that picture made me think of that, but imagine the awesomeness!

EDIT:
    I love this fan community. So much.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Nameless; 2012-04-29 at 05:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

Okay, here's the list of episodes I made, putting them in what I believe to be chronological order:

Spoiler
    Show
    01: Friendship is Magic, Parts 1 & 2 (midsummer, year 1)
    02: The Ticket Master (late summer, year 1)
    03: Applebuck Season (late summer, year 1)
    04: Griffon the Brush-Off (late summer, year 1)
    05: Boast Busters (late summer, year 1)
    06: Swarm of the Century (late summer, year 1)
    07: Dragonshy (late summer/early fall, year 1)
    08: Look Before You Sleep (early fall, year 1)
    09: Bridle Gossip (early fall, year 1)
    10: Fall Weather Friends (late fall, year 1)
    11: Winter Wrap Up (late winter/early spring, year 2)
    12: Call of the Cutie (early spring, year 2)
    13: Suited For Success (spring, year 2)
    14: Feeling Pinkie Keen (spring, year 2)
    15: Stare Master (late spring, year 2)
    16: The Show Stoppers (late spring, year 2)
    17: A Bird in the Hoof (late spring, year 2)
    18: The Cutie Mark Chronicles (late spring/early summer, year 2)
    19: A Dog and Pony Show (early summer, year 2)
    20: Green Isn't Your Color (early summer, year 2)
    21: Sonic Rainboom (early summer, year 2)
    22: Over a Barrel (summer, year 2)
    23: Owl's Well That Ends Well (summer, year 2)
    24: Party of One (summer, year 2)
    25: The Best Night Ever (summer, year 2)
    26: The Return of Harmony, Parts 1 & 2 (summer, year 2)
    27: Lesson Zero (summer, year 2)
    28: Secret of My Excess (summer, year 2)
    29: Luna Eclipsed (midsummer, year 2)
    30: Sisterhooves Social (late summer, year 2)
    31: The Cutie Pox (late summer, year 2)
    32: Hearth's Warming Eve (early winter, year 2)
    33: May the Best Pet Win! (early spring, year 3)
    34: The Mysterious Mare Do Well (early spring, year 3)
    35: Sweet and Elite (spring, year 3)
    36: Hearts and Hooves Day (spring, year 3)
    37: [i]Family Appreciation Day (late spring, year 3)
    38: Baby Cakes (late spring, year 3)
    39: The Last Roundup (early summer, year 3)
    40: Read It and Weep (summer, year 3)
    41: It's About Time (summer, year 3)
    42: Dragon Quest (late summer, year 3)
    43: A Friend in Deed (late summer, year 3)
    44: Hurricane Fluttershy (late summer, year 3)
    45: Ponyville Confidential (late summer, year 3)
    46: MMMystery on the Friendship Express (late summer/early fall, year 3)
    47: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 (early fall, year 3)
    48: Putting Your Hoof Down (early fall, year 3)
    49: A Canterlot Wedding, Parts 1 & 2 (fall, year 3)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm *clears throat*

Testing, Testing, One Two Three. Do I sound like her yet?

Good, I think this might have been mentioned before, but I'm afraid our sister has a slight problem with her mane

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Unfortunately, research into weaponizing love has stalled due to the persistent confusion regarding generation methods.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where is Cadence looking in panel 2?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    But virtue needn't be defined by sacrifice.

If kindness is a virtue, and kindness is freely given with no cost to the giver, does it cease being virtuous?
    Yes, but kindness can be given with cost to oneself. Maybe it's a virtue on account of promising sacrifice.

Pet peeve: the Kama sutra isn't a book on sex.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a book on how to be a playboy. It only contains six actual "positions", no illustrations, and seems chock-full of misogyny. Like the chapter on how to beat your wife in a socially acceptable manner (but don't worry; she likes it!) or how to proposition your barber.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So basically it was Man's Health with less pictures and nutrition tips??

Times were simpler then. Food more plentiful.

Finding a lifemate was murder though.

It's good to see you mate! How ya been? Have an unrelated human nightmare moon!

Spoiler
    Show
    [/spoiler]
    Pretty bleak to be honest. Life is mocking me by giving me the things I wanted 10 years ago, at a time when I realized that those aren't important. Money is pretty useless in making you a better person or helping the people around you in some pivotal cases.

And I still haven't worked on my attitude.

Also: I counter your unrelated human nightmare moon..

Spoiler
    Show

...and raise by several unrelated human Luna. (Unrelated Human Luna edition image dump)

Spoiler
    Show

And some unrelated human Luna and Celestia images.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #251

*Ponders catching up on... the entirety of Season 2*

*Apathys harder at poni for being distracting*

The apathy tanks can't handle much more, cap'n!
    Eh, whatever.
    Stop that! Yer wastin' precious ap'thy!
    Meh.

This is what happens to my mind when not getting sleep. And this is about as sane as I get.
    Be afraid.
    Be very afraid.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Colossus in the Playground

TOPIC

We all know the Wonderbolts are the greatest pegasus team in all Equestria.

What are the Unicorn and Earth Pony equivilants?

13. - Top - End - #253

TOPIC

We all know the Wonderbolts are the greatest pegasus team in all Equestria.

What are the Unicorn and Earth Pony equivilants?
    The Royal Guard (Unicorn) and the Apple family (Earth-pony)?
    Last edited by Emperordaniel; 2012-04-29 at 07:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    The Royal Guard (Unicorn) and the Apple family (Earth-pony)?
    If Rainbow Dash was born an earth pony she would not aspire to one day be a member of the Apple Family.

EDIT: unless shipping
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-04-29 at 07:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255

You're kidding. You are kidding, right?

That kid, who exists only because kids dying is edgy?
    Who's sole reason god being included is so magic sparkle mcguffin can seem legitimate despite being as reasonable or understandable as Charger discovering tear love?

The one Whois either an obvious hallucination or the first clue that the designers threw In a load of bunk and couldn't be arsed to add sound effects or, you know, verisimilitude of any stripe?

The kid who has no narrative or causal impact anywhere, but still haunts my poorly forced "nightmares" because kids are supposed to be all like, innocent, so let's off one for shock value?

You actually fell for that?
    I've got a genie lamp. Wanna buy it? Only seven bits~
    The kid has a narrative impact through the game, and in the case the indoctrination theory proves true even more, unlike in MW3 where a girl explodes cuz of nothing. And what if it's shock value or anything? the developers added it, whatever, it still proved effective.

The average Krogan.

A Krogan battlemaster.

Training as a vanguard.

Rainbow. Mirriam. Dash.

I don't know much, I guess Krogan are mostly a bunch of Zerg-Rushing huge guys that got Genophage'd when they went mad, but they're huge, and huge is bad you know, Ergo, they eat shots like a wall in front of a stormtrooper.

I don't really know much bout Battlemasters, but they're still huge shotgun-snipable. But when do they explode stuff with their face????

And I haven't only got Shepard, I got Master Chief and Ramirez, and even worse, Gordon Freeman, and he's able to create explosions by simply shooting at stuff .

NOTHING is better than Humanity,
    Spoiler
    Show
    main reason why the reapers tried to make a human reaper

In the beginning, and even up to today, we got a lot of folks who never gave the show a chance, and decided they didn't like it purely out of hype backlash; that it was cool to dislike cool things.

So when you say "eh, it's no [manly stereotype]" what they hear is "I'm insecure and instead of dealing with that I'll say the thing you like is stupid". Which is dumb; pretty much all knee-jerk reactions are dumb. It's rather ironic really.

In the end though, it's entirely possible it's not your cup of tea. That's cool. I don't even like tea myself! I'm a coffee kinda unicorn. So We're in the same boat, you see, of not liking tea. And this boat we are in is heading for ADVENTURE!
    I kinda had Hype Backlash too to be honest, also that it had a childish theme and they tend to be the inverse of the "Manliness, Badassery and Explosions" that I'm actually used to and makes me like stuff

Also note for me Manliness means "high capability of pwning people", badassery means "extension of directed pwnage" and explosions "capability to use the pwnage for the production of the purest form of awesomeness that can exist on the universe", from that you get that I'm a fighter, not a lover

But still I don't even know, I could just try again cuz I was kinda raging at the moment and didn't see the entire episode . But yeah, I kinda like a part of it.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-29 at 12:10 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hmmm *clears throat*

Good, I think this might have been mentioned before, but I'm afraid our sister has a slight problem with her mane
    There is only one way to describe this...

I kinda had Hype Backlash too to be honest, also that it had a childish theme and they tend to be the inverse of the "Manliness, Badassery and Explosions" that I'm actually used to and makes me like stuff

Also note for me Manliness means "high capability of pwning people", badassery means "extension of directed pwnage" and explosions "capability to use the pwnage for the production of the purest form of awesomeness that can exist on the universe", from that you get that I'm a fighter, not a lover
    Inverse of Manliness, Badassery, and Explosions? I think not.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-04-29 at 07:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Which reminds me, someone needs to do a MLP/Dune cross over. It would please me greatly. >_<

No, I don't know why that picture made me think of that, but imagine the awesomeness!

EDIT:
    I love this fan community. So much.

Spoiler
    Show

You forgot this one, even though it's stuffed in between a lot of other things.

So, first post in the new thread, woohoo!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

I always thought the Rainbow Dash vs Starscream deathbattle summed it up quite nicely

Don't have the link right now, but I'm sure it's been posted somewhere here or is otherwise easy to find.

19. - Top - End - #259

I always thought the Rainbow Dash vs Starscream deathbattle summed it up quite nicely

Don't have the link right now, but I'm sure it's been posted somewhere here or is otherwise easy to find.
    I figured something canon would work far better in this situation.

I can't stop using these emotes. OH GOD I CAN'T STOP
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-04-29 at 07:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tality.

And now I'm just hearing

"Reapers are the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!"

In Tali's voice over and over...

HUZZAH!

Best to keep you out of the IRC then...
    Unlikely to be a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS

The average Krogan.

A Krogan battlemaster.

Training as a vanguard.

Rainbow. Mirriam. Dash.

True dat.

NOTHING is better than Humanity, main reason why the reapers tried to make a human reaper
    *sigh*

Humans are not more "special" than any other sentient species out there, except in their own minds. The more I read things like this, the more convinced I am that the modal distinguishing racial trait of humanity is actually just self-aggrandizement.

Annnnd we have a new rising star in the comedy fanfiction front:

Spike, Pony Investigator, hard-boiled PI-style.

With Derpy as partner.

Awesomely hilarious.

(I always say it's a sign of a good fanfic when I can hear the voices, and I found myself just automatically reading this in Spike's voice. Quality.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-04-29 at 08:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Which reminds me, I couldn't find any of the usernames that were posted when I typed them into the friend-finder in LoL. What am I doing wrong, and is this Ponythread group thing actually happening?
    Not sure, most folks here are on the NA server while I'm mostly at EUW. What server are you on? I'm SlyGuyMcFly on both, but the NA acount is level 5 or something.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #262

Humans are not more "special" than any other sentient species out there, except in their own minds. The more I read things like this, the more convinced I am that the modal distinguishing racial trait of humanity is actually just self-aggrandizement.
    I'm talking about Mass Effect,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reapers make reaper dreadnoughts of a single species, they picked humanity
    ((whoops, sorry though it was no spoiler ))

In Real Life we don't know the others to exactly know that since we don't know aliens. , But I think we are just awesome and can be more
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-29 at 12:00 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Annnnd we have a new rising star in the comedy fanfiction front:

Spike, Pony Investigator, hard-boiled PI-style.
    This is absolutely brilliant.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I'm talking about Mass Effect, Reapers make reaper dreadnoughts of a single species, they picked humanity

In Real Life we don't know the others to exactly know that since we don't know aliens. , But I think we are just awesome and can be more
    This seems relevant to your post:

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

May I ask that all ME3 spoilers be kept to the ME thread, or spoilered appropriately? There are some of us (myself included) that still have not played it, and would like to see as little of the plot beforehand as possible.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-29 at 10:00 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Twilight's family appears to be quite influential? They are extremely wealthy, their son became the captain of the guard/married a princess, they not only got their daughter into the examination for magical school but she became the son-queens favorite student.
    Her parents hired a princess as a babysitter. A princess. That's like the Mister Burns tier of stupidly rich.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    May I ask that all ME3 spoilers be kept to the ME thread, or spoilered appropriately? There are some of us (myself included) that still have not played it, and would like to see as little of the plot beforehand as possible.
    Just to clarify: If it pertains to ME3 at all, toss it under a spoiler tag. I personally don't intend to play the game until the new Ending DLC comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Just to clarify: If it pertains to ME3 at all, toss it under a spoiler tag. I personally don't intend to play the game until the new Ending DLC comes out.
    Welcome to Mass Effect 3, the game where the ending is made up, and the plot does not matter!

Her parents hired a princess as a babysitter. A princess. That's like the Mister Burns tier of stupidly rich.
    To be fair, "princess" seems to just be the in-universe term for "alicorn". Even the exchange "You're a princess! I'm just a regular old unicorn." implies that the word is used as a race identifier rather than just a title. Well, it's also a title, since I've already said that it seems these "princesses" are simply born into royalty on account of being more "magical" than others. In other words, not quite as stupidly rich as you think, but with at least some pull or good standing to be eligible for such "princess proving grounds" events.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm *clears throat*

That Celestia's a Spah Changling!

I did link the story but it was on page 49 of the last thread where I'm sure no one saw it. It's a fun, silly story.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Not sure, most folks here are on the NA server while I'm mostly at EUW. What server are you on? I'm SlyGuyMcFly on both, but the NA acount is level 5 or something.
    Uh, probably EUW. Do I need multiple accounts for each server, or can I switch between them somehow?

So, there's an official extended Love is in Bloom music video.

Also, this is neat.

I have about 50 pics ready for an upcoming image dump. I hope you guys are ready (PROTIP: You are not ready).
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So...
    Anyone have a Shepard Spike?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #270

This seems relevant to your post:

Spoiler
    Show
    Makes all the sense in existance to me

.....But now that I remember, Reapers are nothing compared to the Shivans
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-29 at 12:20 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show