New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

I'll just say that I'm in the triforce being an excellent mid game item on Nasus when his Q is ~200. That extra 100 damage is 1/3 extra attack damage. But super late when his Q is ~500-600, that extra 100 damage on hit isn't as important as say a Bloodthirster or another defensive item.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-05-07 at 11:53 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I'll just say that I'm in the triforce being an excellent mid game item on Nasus when his Q is ~200. That extra 100 damage is 1/3 extra attack damage. But super late when his Q is ~500-600, that extra 100 damage on hit isn't as important as say a Bloodthirster or another defensive item.
    Uhm, Triforce adds 209.7 damage to your Q's, not taking crits into account.

For what it's worth, I don't think that BT is necessary on Nasus since his main problem isn't surviving in the middle of a fight; it's getting kited by the champions who can actually kill him, and BT offers you nothing in that situation.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Uhm, Triforce adds 209.7 damage to your Q's, not taking crits into account.

For what it's worth, I don't think that BT is necessary on Nasus since his main problem isn't surviving in the middle of a fight; it's getting kited by the champions who can actually kill him, and BT offers you nothing in that situation.
    Okay, so it gives more damage then I thought. However, the extra lifesteal from bloodthirster can help in the middle of team fights where kiting becomes a little less of an issue.

Or you can also grab another defensive item depending on the circumstance of the opponents team comp. Or keep the twiforce. Really, the last bit is open to variation depending on circumstances.

Edit: Also, if the world was ending and we were all grouped together, why do I get the feeling that most of our time spent in the apocalypse will be like this?:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-05-07 at 12:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so it gives more damage then I thought. However, the extra lifesteal from bloodthirster can help in the middle of team fights where kiting becomes a little less of an issue.
    Isn't 26% lifesteal enough for most circumstances? Or 20%, if you're one of those plebs who don't use lifesteal quints?

Edit: Also, if the world was ending and we were all grouped together, why do I get the feeling that most of our time spent in the apocalypse will be like this?:
    Spoiler
    Show
    BUT IT'S THE BEST.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't 26% lifesteal enough for most circumstances? Or 20%, if you're one of those plebs who don't use lifesteal quints?
    For most circumstances, yes. But it can never hurt to have more lifesteal.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

For most circumstances, yes. But it can never hurt to have more lifesteal.
    Except in the circumstances where it can. I don't really like Nasus as a pick anymore simply because of the prevalence of Kog'Maw, Janna, and Alistar. Tristana is the worst of the bunch, but she isn't as common. Lifesteal doesn't do anything in situations where you're getting kited or peeled, and that's kind of the primary counterplay to lategame Nasus. Trist and Ali create gaps while Trist deeps you to death, and Janna peels while Kog'Maw shreds you. Also he relies on farming >+500 Q damage and waiting for a game to last that long is boring. He rarely wins his lane (just goes even and relies on his scaling) and some champs outscale him or scale similarly, so what's the point?

In this situation, having spend 3000 gold on lifesteal rather than an item that grants health, resistances, movespeed, or utility can most certainly hurt Nasus.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Except in the circumstances where it can. I don't really like Nasus as a pick anymore simply because of the prevalence of Kog'Maw, Janna, and Alistar. Tristana is the worst of the bunch, but she isn't as common. Lifesteal doesn't do anything in situations where you're getting kited or peeled, and that's kind of the primary counterplay to lategame Nasus. Trist and Ali create gaps while Trist deeps you to death, and Janna peels while Kog'Maw shreds you. Also he relies on farming >+500 Q damage and waiting for a game to last that long is boring. He rarely wins his lane (just goes even and relies on his scaling) and some champs outscale him or scale similarly, so what's the point?

In this situation, having spend 3000 gold on lifesteal rather than an item that grants health, resistances, movespeed, or utility can most certainly hurt Nasus.
    I did say "or another defensive item depending on the enemy team comp" didn't I? Just checking.

I'm not an "expert" with Nasus by any means and most of the advice I got for playing him was from Djinn. However, when I play him and I find I don't need any more defense stats and Triforce's extra damage is beginning to wane, I get the bloodthirster for an offensive and sustainable edge and its proven to work well for me.

But like I said, I'm not a pro-nasus, so feel free to just put the bloodthirster under the category of personal preference.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

I think that Triforce gives more DPS than BT in every situation, though... just a thought. I'm afraid the concept doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

[QUOTE=aethernox;13188773]Djinn brought it up when he mentioned your propensity for 'absolutes.'

What's wrong with bruiser Fizz? AoE CC, healing reduction, AA steroids, and multiple gapclosers make for a bad bruiser? He also has a significantly lower skill floor than his AP counterpart, which is relevant to players who aren't, you know, extraordinarily strong mechanically. AP Fizz is actually quite difficult and he has a lot of bad matchups against extraordinarily common mages (see: Ryze).
    There are better Bruisers, I feel. Just because someone has bad matchups doesn't make them bad, it makes them counterpicks. I see Fizz as a counterpick.

Lee Sin should never build Triforce? what? It's definitely not core, but Lee Sin has some of the most versatile build options in the game and I don't see how Triforce isn't one of them. It has massive synergy with his kit, plus Phage is a natural part of Lee Sin's core. Triforce also gives Lee Sin more lategame presence than Frozen Mallet.
    Again: Fratmas? Bloodthirster? Maw? Brutalizer? Maybe I should actually play Lee Sin before I make that statement again.

You just sell Sheen on Yorick? Triforce is super strong on Yorick, especially against AD-heavy comps. (because it enables end-game builds similar to treads, manamune, frozen heart, triforce, warmog's, atma's) I don't get you at all. You don't offer valid criticism of the item and you expect people to actually pay attention to posts that make wild and unsubstantiated claims.
    Okay, again, super late game you might get a Triforce. You know, after Manamunu, Frozen Heart, Sheen, Mercs, Spirit Visage/Shurelias and maybe even Atmogs/Fratmogs

10. - Top - End - #370
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Okay, again, super late game you might get a Triforce. You know, after Manamunu, Frozen Heart, Sheen, Mercs, Spirit Visage/Shurelias and maybe even Atmogs/Fratmogs
    I never bother with Manamune on Yorick. Glacial/FH handles my mana needs just fine with potential Chalice if I'm up against a magic lane and after that I just don't really need that much AD. I often get Triforce and maybe BT second but the utility Triforce provides is second to none while also giving you decent damage stats, mana and tankiness. Like, if you need to get all your damage from a single slot on a tanky shell, Triforce is the way to go.

Not quite as much raw damage as Youmuu's or BT, sure, but it comes with the slow every bruiser needs and comes with built-in double multiplication of your AD while also providing base AD and then the Sheen-procs.

I occasionally use Trinity on: Shen, Yorick, Jarvan, Ezreal, Corki.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Hi guys! I'm quite new LOL player and I recently played some games with Zilean - seriousl consider buying him now. Can you give me some tips on him?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground

You can play him support or as a caster that transitions into support, since he really only has one offensive spell.

His ult is really good-drop it on your carry in teamfights when they're low or being focused to force the enemy team to kill them twice.

Generally, you want AP and CDR, since due to Rewind CDR is better on him than normal. Something like Boots->doran's rings to taste->->boots 2 (sorcs or defensive boots of your choice)->DFG->hat seems ok.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    You can play him support or as a caster that transitions into support, since he really only has one offensive spell.

His ult is really good-drop it on your carry in teamfights when they're low or being focused to force the enemy team to kill them twice.

Generally, you want AP and CDR, since due to Rewind CDR is better on him than normal. Something like Boots->doran's rings to taste->->boots 2 (sorcs or defensive boots of your choice)->DFG->hat seems ok.
    Just a note, blue generally covers his CDR needs nicely. I often run Rod of Ages -> Deathcap on him.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Hi guys! I'm quite new LOL player and I recently played some games with Zilean - seriousl consider buying him now. Can you give me some tips on him?
    Zilean is probably best as an AP, but that might difficult to convince your team as a new player. Also, running him as an AP makes him rather blue reliant. Even with RoA you need the blue for bomb spam early on.

His damage is alright early-mid game because his Rewind+Bomb is pretty strong. Remember that its an AoE spell! You can win fights by dropping 4+ bombs on the entire enemy team if you do your stuff right.

Late game, even with AP, you transition into an Ult bot. However, AP allows you to have some damage. It also makes your ult scale so that rezzing someone like Olaf, who probably has a lot of health, is not a terrible thing.

Zilean is kinda a specific pick. You want him when you have strong carries like Vayne, Olaf, Corki, Cass. However, he's a generally good hero. Go middle, farm up, and keep your carry alive.

15. - Top - End - #375

Regarding Nasus, he works really well at low levels of play and can work really well as a counterpick. As aethernox said, though, it's really really easy to make sure he doesn't do anything, really, even if he survives laning phase totally intact.

And toasty, it's rare that I play a game as Nasus that doesn't see me with at least 12k gold. That's mostly because I play Nasus with people who also want to aim for the lategame, and play accordingly. It turns out weaker players have no idea how to punish weak early games.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Much fun can be had with Zil. One thing to avoid tho:

Back when I played him, I figured it was clever to drop a bomb on my carry when he was about to engage, or be engaged. So I could detonate anyone jumping him.

To this day I feel this is rather clever - however, everyone universally hates it. I can't think of anything I've been flamed more consistently for than that.

My genius is wasted on this world.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post

Back when I played him, I figured it was clever to drop a bomb on my carry when he was about to engage, or be engaged. So I could detonate anyone jumping him.

To this day I feel this is rather clever - however, everyone universally hates it. I can't think of anything I've been flamed more consistently for than that.

It's bad because there's no reason not to just cast on the enemy champions. It doesn't even save you cooldowns, since if you're double bombing you're going to hit refresh and throw a new bomb down no matter what. Especially because carries should *never* be centered around the enemy team. The enemy team is almost always more likely to be grouped around their teammates than your own allies, so there's no reason to toss it on an ally; in any situation an ally could bomb multiple people, dropping it on one of the people he could hit also guarantees you'll hit multiple people.
    You rang?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    It's bad because there's no reason not to just cast on the enemy champions. It doesn't even save you cooldowns, since if you're double bombing you're going to hit refresh and throw a new bomb down no matter what. Especially because carries should *never* be centered around the enemy team. The enemy team is almost always more likely to be grouped around their teammates than your own allies, so there's no reason to toss it on an ally; in any situation an ally could bomb multiple people, dropping it on one of the people he could hit also guarantees you'll hit multiple people.
    Also, you risk kill stealing them since the carry will have a bomb above their head while they are doing all the damage...

19. - Top - End - #379

Daemon

Well that is clever!
    I was just now lanning with Evalice. What a beautiful combination it is!
    also - why it is not recommended to build Archangel's staff on Zill? with his manasucking abilities it seams common sence to use it?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Banned

The Recommended Items usually aren't the best ones. However, Zilean benefits more from RoA's all-around sturdiness, and then Deathcap/Void Staff is really the standard itemization for damage output.

21. - Top - End - #381

Throwing bomb on initiating tank is a v. good idea tho. Allows you to keep your distance while dishing out the damage. Zile's range is rather short so it can be dangerous to go in to bomb if enemy has assassin-types. And if you have to ult yourself, that's pretty messed-up.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

You can run a Zilean/Twitch or Zilean/Eve lane and deliver bombs by stealth. Too trollish.

23. - Top - End - #383

I was watching a few streams the other day and kept hearing TSM yelling something about "bay life". They kept saying that phase over and over again. Is it some meme I missed or something?

24. - Top - End - #384

Yes, yes it is.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that setting a bomb on an ally makes it ignore magic resist, but I haven't tested it any time recently.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    I was watching a few streams the other day and kept hearing TSM yelling something about "bay life". They kept saying that phase over and over again. Is it some meme I missed or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    As an actual answer, I googled it.

Turns out it's when you don't care about something that's important, according to Urban Dictionary (Whoo! Murca!). Does that sound right? I didn't watch the streams, so the context could be different.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

27. - Top - End - #387
    Banned

Baylife is at least older than Season 1, since I don't remember how it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    I'm pretty sure that setting a bomb on an ally makes it ignore magic resist, but I haven't tested it any time recently.
    This is incorrect, according to what sources I can find. It would certainly take a lot more effort to make Zilean's bombs work like that than to make them work like every other AOE magic damage blast.

28. - Top - End - #388

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    Thanks fred. You are ever so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    As an actual answer, I googled it.

Turns out it's when you don't care about something that's important, according to Urban Dictionary (Whoo! Murca!). Does that sound right? I didn't watch the streams, so the context could be different.
    That doesn't sound quite right. It could be right but I really don't know.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    That doesn't sound quite right. It could be right but I really don't know.
    A few more searches only seem to confirm my first one. There was even a thread on the LoL forums where someone asked the same question with basically the same answer I gave.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Baylife is a statement that somehow relates itself to the "lifestyle" of the SoCal Bay Area, but in reality is an inherently meaningless statement that is attached to all sentences to make them seem cool. "I went to the store and bought apples. Baylife." "I won a game of League of Legends. Baylife."