New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    My walls are the things of legend. I miss like one stun a game.* Ask Eld; I give lessons.**
    *only to give my enemy a false sense of security
    It's true! Support Anivia with AD Lulu new meta.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    It's true! Support Anivia with AD Lulu new meta.
    See? It's legit. Anivia had like 7.0 KDA and Lulu went like 10/0/5. Too much burst/CC for one lane to handle. Anecdotal evidence is king.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-08 at 07:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

See? It's legit. Anivia had like 7.0 KDA and Lulu went like 10/0/5. Too much burst/CC for one lane to handle. Anecdotal evidence is king.
    Of course Anivia is the best support. But then you don't have Mage Anivia in mid so you're still in the losing end of that trade.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The best support i ever had was Kassadin. I'm pretty sure he was a smurf tho. We managed to steal the enemy blue at level 1 and proceeded kill things a lot.

Oh, and then there are the "support" Nidalee guys that just stack AP and 1v1 everyone.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    The best support i ever had was Kassadin. I'm pretty sure he was a smurf tho. We managed to steal the enemy blue at level 1 and proceeded kill things a lot.

Oh, and then there are the "support" Nidalee guys that just stack AP and 1v1 everyone.
    I do that. I just leech EXP and heal till level 6 then start roaming and going for kills. Between Nidalee's innate MS and escapes, I can just get boots 1 and lucky pick plus wards and steal jungle and gank. At my level people are terrible farmers and even with lack of farm I can still be one of the most dangerous 1v1 heroes.

One time I even took smite/(random other summon) and stole so many buffs.
    With smite it was also fun to smite a minion to let my spear hit the formerly safe enemy (sorta like blitzcrank).
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-05-08 at 10:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post

Kayle/Nidalee is one of the best bots I've ever run. Nid is beastly without any items; her cougar form base damage is absolutely ludicrous but the scaling is terrible. She also provides an ASpd buff, great brush control and some damage. Kayle, for her part, is very self-sufficient so Nid's lesser support-elements are no problem, and Kayle's E combined with Nid's E is stupidly powerful.

Nunu is certainly a better support for Kayle (tho the double heals with rank 1 Kayle W and maxed Nid E makes for some pretty decent sustain) but with Nid, you suddenly have like an extra combat champion there. And eventually Nid can build Sheen and kill people. And then go AP if the game goes überlong; Deathcap + Lichbane Nid = lol.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Kennen+Nautilus bottom best bot lane. See MathMage's match history for proof.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Of course Anivia is the best support. But then you don't have Mage Anivia in mid so you're still in the losing end of that trade.
    I've had good experiences with playing AP carries as supports. Ziggs and Karthus come to mind. I no longer auto-call support when my friends and I randomlock teamcomps, because I always get AP.

(By the way, Katarina is also an amazing support.)
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #429

@Darth Mario: Could you move me from EUNE to EUW in the first post? Pretty please?
    Last edited by Dada; 2012-05-09 at 02:29 AM.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

10. - Top - End - #430

My room-mate and I have had success with the Maritime lane. Nautilus+Gangplank.

As soon as he yanks, I drop a Q, then we decide if we can score the kill or not and respond accordingly.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

11. - Top - End - #431

When Nautilus was first released, I was convinced that he was underpowered, but after seeing him being used in the TSM versus EG skirmish last night, I have completely changed my opinion. He may not do as much damage as other junglers but his CC is amazing.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    When Nautilus was first released, I was convinced that he was underpowered, but after seeing him being used in the TSM versus EG skirmish last night, I have completely changed my opinion. He may not do as much damage as other junglers but his CC is amazing.
    His ult is stupidgood.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Had a game yesterday where a malz kept ult wrecking our Caitlyn so I decided to save my knock up combo, was playing Jarvan, for the Malz ult.

Fight gets initiated after the Skarner flashes, doesn't ult our cait for some reason and then gets easily brought down. I move towards Malz and melee him a bit, taking heavy fire from Varus, but prepare my combo to stop him doing anything.

He doesn't ult, only drops W on everyone, E on to me then hangs at the back when he should really have dropped a ton of damage on to my team. Varus ends up killing me and I had everything off cooldown apart from W.

We won the fight easily as I soaked a ton of damage from Varus but I felt so stupid at the end having done a few hundred damage and no CC apart from the W slow.

My rating is back at 1299 after winning 11 of my previous 15 games. Of those 11 wins 4 have been on 'new' champions, Vayne, Gragas, WW and Naut. 2 of the 4 losses have been on those champs but I feel I had good games just not enough to pull the team through for a win.

Question to Caitlyn players, do you try to take advantage of the brush portion of the passive? Or is it more just something that if it happens, it happens?

(Innate): Every 8th / 7th / 6th auto-attack is enhanced to be a headshot, dealing 150% damage to a champion or 250% damage to a minion or monster. Attacks from brush increase the attack counter by two instead of one.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Leona is FUN! Any pointers?

~
    0x3A28213A
    0x6339392C
    0x7363682E

I used anecdotal evidence once, and it turned out I was right!
    x2 reference combo!
    x3 reference combo!

I heart Anivia. She's my best champ, so I always play her when duoing with people better than me. So I get experience vs Good people as Anivia. So she is my bestER champ... solo queue anivia, 14/4/13 with 300 CS in forty seven minutes. Three or four of those deaths were because I got Fiora ulted and therefore couldn't burst her down. (One was a caitlyn trap as I fled...)
    Also, all blue buff all the time. MYNE
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Umm... obviously. He is a CC king and his base damage values early-mid game are really strong. Like, really strong. He's a tank in the proper sense. Doesn't get kills but so much CC that you're sure to get them for your team.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Warwick is...hilariously easy to play. And he's a ton of fun.

And I got fed.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: As for why I got Black Cleaver, it was because I wanted to stack on-hits.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-05-09 at 01:05 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

17. - Top - End - #437

To be fair, Warwick tends to tear Singed a new one in lane. In fact, for ages (before Warwick was considered a generally good top lane) he was mainly seen as the hard counter to a Singed lane.

Oh, and I hate that build with a burning passion, but that's another story.

And yeah, a fed Warwick is absolutely terrifying. I prefer a tankier build featuring a Frozen Heart, because with the CDR for your Q and the never dying from the tanky, Warwick does decent damage FOREVER.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-05-09 at 02:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Banned

Let me just point out that Nautilus has had four CCs since his release, and I called it.

Of course, the forums are still complaining about jungle Alistar.

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Of course, the forums are still complaining about jungle Alistar.
    I think Jungle Alistar's ganks are better than Nautilus's, which is really what you notice most on junglers for much of the game.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-05-09 at 02:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440

There's something funny about games where people gank you and you walk away with a doublekill...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441

I've given up trying to gank Cass in the early game. It just results in her getting an easy double kill.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    I've given up trying to gank Cass in the early game. It just results in her getting an easy double kill.
    You HAVE to gank her pre-6, or you'll never be able to. Ganking into her ult when she's ahead really DOES create double-kill opportunities.

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    In this case, it was Veig + Mundo coming in, me wall + E + Qing 'em a bit and igniting Mundo, them going "OH **** HE HURTS, RUN!", me pressing R and hearing the satisfying "Double Kill!"

24. - Top - End - #444

Far too many times, in both my games and tournament games, I see jungler+mid engage on a level 2 Cass and bam, double kill. Cass is level 4 by the time the level 1-2 mid is back, and there goes the neighbourhood.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    There's something funny about games where people gank you and you walk away with a doublekill...
    On a related note, when Mao comes mid to gank you at level 3 as morgana. As he casts his W on you, Black shield and flash under your turret then root him there. Kill and early blue against Talon means and easy lane.

26. - Top - End - #446

I love abusing Paranoia and Twisted Advance near turrets.

27. - Top - End - #447

yeah, it's pretty underground
    Wait, when did you become hipsternox?
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Wait, when did you become hipsternox?
    Secretly, Dogmantra has brainwashed Aethernox and created hipsternox.
    Haven't seen Dogmantra for a while?
    THAT'S WHY.

29. - Top - End - #449

Oh boy, it's Vlad freeweek! I hope to try him out this weekend, so what exactly do I build?

Boots/Dshield start into Revolver sounds about right, followed by Rylais, Hat, and a finished WotA, in some order? As for skills, starting Transfuse seems to be expected, with a skill order something like QEWQER? Poke with Q, eat creeps with E, open teamfights with R, and dodge ganks while giggling fiendishly with W?

CDR seems to be very useful, but it's always a bit awkward itemizing for it when you don't use mana. I guess blue pot + boots + masteries should get me enough, yes?
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2012-05-09 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

30. - Top - End - #450

When you get Pool depends on what jungler/lane combo you're facing. Shyvana+Hecarim? Can probably get it fairly late. Lee jungle against a Ryze mid? Might be worth getting a point at level 2, even.

EDIT: Haunting Guise is fairly good for CDR, damage and even some health.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-05-09 at 08:30 PM.