New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    When you get Pool depends on what jungler/lane combo you're facing. Shyvana+Hecarim? Can probably get it fairly late. Lee jungle against a Ryze mid? Might be worth getting a point at level 2, even.

EDIT: Haunting Guise is fairly good for CDR, damage and even some health.
    *Pen, not CDR. The pen does a LOT of damage though, was just reading up on that. The math is quite good since pen scales super well into lategame as a damage item.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Banned

Since Abyssal became popular again, I could see some AP carries with builds like Guise, Abyssal, Sorcs with Mpen reds and masteries in lieu of buying a Void Staff. Depends on the game, of course.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-05-09 at 09:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

So, the other day I realized I had a twelve win IP boost, but no idea what for, I didn't buy it. This wasn't for the downtime and patch issues the other week, I already had and used that up. Anyone got any idea what it could be for? Does someone at Riot just really like me or something?

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Since Abyssal became popular again, I could see some AP carries with builds like Guise, Abyssal, Sorcs with Mpen reds and masteries in lieu of buying a Void Staff. Depends on the game, of course.
    It doesn't scale as well as Sorcs/Treads + Void Staff + GA/QSS/etc, though. Sorc Shoes + 2x Doran's/Revolver + Abyssal is super strong at the moment, though, especially considering the amount of double AP hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Oh boy, it's Vlad freeweek! I hope to try him out this weekend, so what exactly do I build?

Boots/Dshield start into Revolver sounds about right, followed by Rylais, Hat, and a finished WotA, in some order? As for skills, starting Transfuse seems to be expected, with a skill order something like QEWQER? Poke with Q, eat creeps with E, open teamfights with R, and dodge ganks while giggling fiendishly with W?

CDR seems to be very useful, but it's always a bit awkward itemizing for it when you don't use mana. I guess blue pot + boots + masteries should get me enough, yes?
    Start boots+3. No exceptions.
    Building 2x Doran's Shield afterwards is actually a decent strategy against heavy AD lanes. Spirit Visage is an amazing source of CDR and MR against AP lanes or junglers, and it's especially absurd if you run Heal/Ghost rather than Ignite/Ghost

. I would probably go QWQE simply because getting ganked at level 2 is a nightmare and Vlad generally doesn't have the health retention to utilize E at level 2, especially considering that it does almost no damage and what little damage it does put out just pushes the lane much earlier than Vlad is prepared for.

By the time you're seriously teamfighting you need an Hourglass. No exceptions. It's more important to finish Hourglass than Rylai's in like 90% of situations. Go Sorc Boots > Revolver > Abyssal against double AP comps and CDR boots against AD-heavy or Bruiser-heavy (stacking flat Pen isn't as effective against enemies with 52.5 base MR, MR/level runes, and strong MR itemization options like Wit's End, Merc Treads, and Hexdrinker. Plan for Void Staff. You'll need it.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-09 at 10:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    So, the other day I realized I had a twelve win IP boost, but no idea what for, I didn't buy it. This wasn't for the downtime and patch issues the other week, I already had and used that up. Anyone got any idea what it could be for? Does someone at Riot just really like me or something?
    Sweet Rein bug report reward?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

I've been playing a little bit of Yorick lately. He's fun! And he's pretty effective in a teamfight, though I have a lot of teammates who apparently have never seen him before. I ult them just before they die, they resurrect, and they apparently mistake his ult for Zilean's because rather than attacking they run away and then demand to know why they died again 10 seconds later. :\

Anyone got some recommendations for his build? I'm pretty much having Manamune as a core item to his build, but I've been experimenting with both tankier builds and more damaging builds, trying to find a balance. Suggestions?
    Last edited by Tergon; 2012-05-10 at 07:01 AM.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    I've been playing a little bit of Yorick lately. He's fun! And he's pretty effective in a teamfight, though I have a lot of teammates who apparently have never seen him before. I ult them just before they die, they resurrect, and they apparently mistake his ult for Zilean's because rather than attacking they run away and then demand to know why they died again 10 seconds later. :\

Anyone got some recommendations for his build? I'm pretty much having Manamune as a core item to his build, but I've been experimenting with both tankier builds and more damaging builds, trying to find a balance. Suggestions?
    Manamune is pretty high damage and pretty slow on the uptake. I personally like to go Frozen Heart or Chalice depending on if I'm laning vs. casters or ADs. Then I get some tanky stuff, Trinity and mebbe BT if I really need damage (I usually don't). CDR is obviously king on him.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #458

Compensation for the summoner spell exploit last week. I got some extra IP boosts too, as did many other people according to the Riot forums.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

9. - Top - End - #459

Found this nicevideo today. Now I kinda want to play Ashe again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF2IC...eature=related
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

I doubt anyone remembers when I said I'd make Cho my main (it never happened), but now I remember why.

Oh, and his AP ratios are amazing.

Spoiler
    Show

I ended up losing like 5 kills to LB and the rest of my team at the end, which was annoying.

Highlight of the game: Me chasing a <100 HP passive-less Voli into his base for a while, trying to melee him to death before just roaring for the kill.

EDIT: Better highlight: I get 2-man jumped by Voli and Irelia, slowly make my way back to the tower, Qing, Wing and even ulting to spellvamp myself from death. I get to the tower with something like 20 HP and something makes me go further - half a second later a Lee Sin Q shoots right past where I had been standing before.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-05-10 at 02:10 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

11. - Top - End - #461

I simply must ask, why the RoA? Doran's Rings would give better lane sustain (for mana, at least. Cho rarely has health problems) and it's not like Cho lacks HP. I think an Abyssal would have been more useful there, or even a Rylai's if you want your Vorpal Spikes to be CC as well.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post

Whenever i play someone commonly misunderstood, I mention the reality at the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #463

One interesting thing about Yorick: He allows incredibly early Barons. Get your AD carry up there with you and the jungler and ult the carry. Between Yorick's natural tankyness and the double AD carry damage (and possibly the ghost to tank, if needed) Baron goes down fast and easy.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Banned

I simply must ask, why the RoA? Doran's Rings would give better lane sustain (for mana, at least. Cho rarely has health problems) and it's not like Cho lacks HP. I think an Abyssal would have been more useful there, or even a Rylai's if you want your Vorpal Spikes to be CC as well.
    You mean Philo Stone and HoG, of course. Then Wit's, Frozen, Abyssal, GA, Randuin's. Or dump something for the Reverie if you want two on the team. Or get an Aegis.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-05-10 at 03:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465

I seem to recall discussions vis a vis AP Cho vs. Tanky disruptor Cho a couple threads back and didn't want to rehash them, especially as I believe PersonMan was the one most taken by AP Cho.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

Well, then go Abyssal, Deathcap, Lich Bane, GA, or something like that.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Nidalee.

AP, AD, hybrid?

Also, how do I play her?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #468
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Nidalee.

AP, AD, hybrid?

Also, how do I play her?
    AP & Bruiser AD (Atmog's, Mallet, Trinity, the like) are both viable and played builds. AP is harder to make work but those Spears can win games alone. Play...AP, stay far away out of sight, lob spears at expected movement trajectories, maximizing the range before hit, win game. Heal as necessary, use Cougar for kiting, escaping and cleaning up (the damage is immense but AP you're still quite squishy).

AD, you mostly jump in as cougar, hit people, heal, autoattack in human-form, turn back, etc. Cougar mostly for approaches and damage and tankiness here. Don't forget to lob your spears anyways; they still hurt a ton without AP.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #469

Nidalee.

AP, AD, hybrid?

Also, how do I play her?
    AP - Yes.
    AD - Yes.
    Hybrid - Yes.

Experiment a bit, and see which one you prefer. I've played her all different ways, and she's always fun.

How to play her also depends a bit on the lane you're in, and what role you're taking on.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

Nidalee.

AP, AD, hybrid?

Also, how do I play her?
    However you want, really.

AD is better in lane and in fights. Triforce Lanternmogma's or something like that.

AP is better for poke. Deathcap Void Staff core with possible early RoA--support Nidalee skips the RoA, but buys a gp10 or two.

21. - Top - End - #471

Nidalee.

AP, AD, hybrid?

Also, how do I play her?
    AP Nidalee is understandably attractive, since all of her abilities scale off of AP with the exception of her Cougar form Q.

But the thing is, the only ability that really scales meaningfully with AP is the Q-spear. If you're really really good with it long range, it gets over 1.5 ratio off ability power, which is obviously amazing.

She's got a good escape, an attack speed steroid/heal, she's in the top 10 for best attack speed at 18, and is number 13 for best attack speed at level 1, and while her base attack damage isn't phenomenal, she scales decently, more or less competitive with most other tops.

So basically, pure AP Nidalee has potential, but if you can't land the spear (or are facing opponents that dodge the spear reliably), she's got seriously good bruiser powers you should consider for top. Additionally, her snare-traps, heal, and excellent spear harass make her a potential support, but only if she plays a true support (and doesn't just build AP, screw up her Carry's farm, and fails to buy wards).

I've seen her played mid, top, and support.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Play whichever Nidalee build is relevant to each individual game. You can use a single set of Runes/Masteries for both builds. Pick up both penetration masteries and go 21/0/9. AD reds, armor yellows, MR/level or AP/level blues, MS or AD or AP quints. Everything works, since early AD makes harassing and last hitting easier while AP marginally improves your sustain.

Have a free farm lane? You can probably go AP unless your team really needs a bruiser. The main disincentive for AP Nidalee is that laning is much harder. Bruiser Nidalee works in like every other situation, though.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-10 at 06:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473

Bruiser Nidalee is also the most annoying thing in the game.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Bruiser Nidalee is also the most annoying thing in the game.
    Teemo exists, ergo you are wrong.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Teemo exists, ergo you are wrong.
    True story.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    True story.
    I dunno about that. Nidalee is tankier, scarier, better at split pushing, better at escaping, better at teamfighting, and capable of ruining days with a just a couple of spear shots. They even have similar laning styles; camp top brush and harass every time someone tries to last hit.

Nidalee even has in-built sustain. Yorick, too. Yorick isn't even cute. How can Teemo be more annoying than Yorick if Teemo is cute? Teemo also doesn't do that "ult self so I can attack your tower and zone you simultaneously" thing that Yorick does.

That whole Teemo thing is a common misconception. If he's Tier 1 on the ****ing Annoying Champions tier list, so to speak, Nidalee, Yorick, and AP Kog'Maw are probably God Tier.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I dunno about that. Nidalee is tankier, scarier, better at split pushing, better at escaping, better at teamfighting, and capable of ruining days with a just a couple of spear shots. They even have similar laning styles; camp top brush and harass every time someone tries to last hit.

Nidalee even has in-built sustain. Yorick, too. Yorick isn't even cute. How can Teemo be more annoying than Yorick if Teemo is cute? Teemo also doesn't do that "ult self so I can attack your tower and zone you simultaneously" thing that Yorick does.

That whole Teemo thing is a common misconception. If he's Tier 1 on the ****ing Annoying Champions tier list, so to speak, Nidalee, Yorick, and AP Kog'Maw are probably God Tier.
    Teemo isn't the best champion, or the most dangerous, or the best at split pushing, or the best at anything really.

But dammit he is annoying. There is nothing more annoying than stepping on a mushroom or two, or three, in a row, or the little noises he makes when he escapes. And that irritating happiness in his voice. God I hate Teemo.

Also, I've honestly never found Yorick that annoying. AP Kog and Nid, definitely on the annoying list, but not Yorick. Hell Karthus is more annoying than Yorick.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Never played against an AP Kog, but agreed otherwise.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Xin Zhao is most annoying. Also AP Nid because /dem/ /spears/
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Xin doesn't bug me much, really. Akali, on the other hand...