New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

That all sounds fun, except for the drunk AP Shaco. Drunk and AP Shaco don't sound like fun. I would love to play LoL 10 hours straight, considering I don't get to play often. Perfecting my last hitting would be really fun.

You're entire argument seems to be that the only thing CLG wants to do is get drunk.

If they don't have the motivation to practice, then they won't have the motivation to win, and they shouldn't bother playing competitively.

~

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    That all sounds fun, except for the drunk AP Shaco. Drunk and AP Shaco don't sound like fun. I would love to play LoL 10 hours straight, considering I don't get to play often. Perfecting my last hitting would be really fun.

You're entire argument seems to be that the only thing CLG wants to do is get drunk.

~
    I think you underestimate the entertainment value that being on drugs has. Especially to drug addicts. It would not be entirely inaccurate to call Saint Vicious an alcoholic, seeing as his most recent Tweet involves alcohol. Saint also enjoys playing AP shaco, because its fun to just walk around and try to one shot people. Trolling is hilariously fun, especially if you are playing against people that are worse than you (and in normals thats mostly what you get).

Last hitting is a chore. Its a boring, mechanical chore. Playing AD carry is one of the most boring roles in the game. You farm. For 40 minutes sometimes. Then you win the game in one teamfight. How exciting. Not.

Playing for LoL for 10 hours a day is stressful. Especially if its solo queue. I think Hotshot considered quitting LoL at one point, he hated Solo Queue so much. The rage you saw on stream? It was real rage, brought on by constant frustration. Sure, it might have been "amplified" by the realization that it garnered him fame as a streamer, but quite a bit of it was real. At least, judging from my own experiences in solo queue.

Playing for 10 hours a day with your team is better, but still stressful. We are talking 10 hours of straight work in a highly intense setup. Preforming at that level for days on end is very stressful, I'm sure. I wouldn't want that. I've played LoL for the good part of a day, and after a day or two of that I'm ready to go to classes and do something... else. Its especially annoying if you end up playing the same hero for 5 or so hours. Can you imagine doing nothing but playing Urgot for 10 hours straight for two days straight? That's what Professional players have to do to master heroes. I get bored of a hero after about 10 games over hte course of a week. I can't imagine grinding out that many games that fast. Grinding is boring. Grinding isn't fun. Grinding ... is the worst part about video games.

So instead Saint goes home and gets drunk off of 100 proof Rum.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have to say, I normally disagree with Toasty, but on this I completely agree. If you can't agree, I have a challenge. Practice like a pro player. Do custom games focused on nothing but last hitting. Play for 5+ hours without a break. Do nothing but LoL for an entire day, whether it's playing games, practicing, testing builds, watching your replays, etc. Force yourself to play champs you don't like, but might need to pick. I don't like Yorick much, but I'm good with him, since I played him and I know he's really good. Then imagine doing this day after day, week after week, with no breaks. Pro gaming is not the life many think it is, it is very rigorous.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

If they don't have the motivation to practice, then they won't have the motivation to win, and they shouldn't bother playing competitively.

~
    I'll be honest, I've done 7 hour LoL sprees with 2 of my friends, and the last 2 hours or so really stopped being fun, unless we did something stupid (ex. I played support, the results were not pretty, hilarious, but not pretty, better ex. AP MF)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

The mac client is back up finally, so I played my first games back today.
    I just picked up kennen, and I love him. I've seen him as a regular pick in ranked matches all the time and I finally got a piece of that awesomeness today.
    So question: is he more appropriate top or mid? is there any difference in build if you put him in either spot?
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Last hitting is one of the best parts of a game. A friend and I spent a while just practicing Lux vs Katarina mid last hitting, and it was really fun. And one of my first ranked games was mid Katarina vs a Lux, and I had 100 more CS than her, which lead to my almost-Penta. Cause, meet Effect. I'm of the opinion you should play for fun, and to me, last hitting is as fun as teamfighting, which is why I bother doing it. Knowing I beat someone at something which lead to me beating them harder? Fun. And that makes tickling every minion fun.
    When I play on mumble server, the team usually throws me in AD, cause aether is a qtpi who can't do anything SoMid and Dog always wants to try something sexy mid. But yeah. Don't play if you're not having fun every second.

I would love to play all day but I can't, cause I can only play like twice a month, and even then I have other things I have to do during those oppurtunities I could play.

~

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Kennen works well in all lanes but he's probably best top because he has better matchups against top laners than he does against mid laners.

cause aether is a qtpi who can't do anything SoMid
    I play all roles with abundant skill and class. Don't even joke.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    So question: is he more appropriate top or mid? is there any difference in build if you put him in either spot?
    Depends on your team, mostly. Kennen can do pretty much whatever he wants, so lane placement kind of just depends on what matchups you think you're going to deal with and where you can beat your opponent to best effect. I do agree with Aether, tho- I think he has the *most* favorable matchups in top, because he's largely safe from typical top melees and can harass pretty freely when the opportunity arises. Build-wise, it just changes what your early defensive item is, assuming you get one; mid you're usually looking at Magic Resistance, Top tends to be Armor.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I play all roles with abundant skill and class. Don't even joke.
    You never AD for meeeee and then I'm stuck with borin old Caitlyn.

~

10. - Top - End - #550
    Banned

You never AD for meeeee and then I'm stuck with borin old Caitlyn.

~
    Why are you playing Caitlyn when there are so many better--and, more to the point, funner--AD carries?

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, tanky Anivia is so much fun. I end up without much AP, but can literally tear apart two or three guys at once when they try to jump me. Kited half a team across the map, killing two of them and eventually escaping.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Why are you playing Caitlyn when there are so many better--and, more to the point, funner--AD carries?
    My only other one is Lezreal and my teams get tired of my... Role playing. >.>"

Free week graves was boring and I've not been playing much outside of a ranked Leona and katarina spree a couple days ago. I do have 10k ip though... Suggestions? I like LS, Katarina, Ezreal, Blitz, uhh, I can't think of much else off the top of my tired head. AD Katarina has worked 100% of the time I've done it, but I'm scared of doublin my sample size.

~

13. - Top - End - #553

As the second best AD player in my 5s group, I end up mostly playing the carries that he dislikes. Unfortunately, his two worst/most hated are Cait and Ashe. Those are also two of my top three carries.

I hate them both.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Man, tanky Anivia is so much fun. I end up without much AP, but can literally tear apart two or three guys at once when they try to jump me. Kited half a team across the map, killing two of them and eventually escaping.
    I had the best teamfight yesterday. Anivia, I dive in, get a triple, get killed.
    My guardian angel triggers.
    I get a double and the DoTs kill me.
    My egg triggers.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I had the best teamfight yesterday. Anivia, I dive in, get a triple, get killed.
    My guardian angel triggers.
    I get a double and the DoTs kill me.
    My egg triggers.
    I want to run a team of something like Anivia/Trynd/Zilean/Mundo/Alistar, all with GAs. Killing anyone would take years.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-05-13 at 09:22 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

Last hitting is one of the best parts of a game. A friend and I spent a while just practicing Lux vs Katarina mid last hitting, and it was really fun. And one of my first ranked games was mid Katarina vs a Lux, and I had 100 more CS than her, which lead to my almost-Penta. Cause, meet Effect. I'm of the opinion you should play for fun, and to me, last hitting is as fun as teamfighting, which is why I bother doing it. Knowing I beat someone at something which lead to me beating them harder? Fun. And that makes tickling every minion fun.
    When I play on mumble server, the team usually throws me in AD, cause aether is a qtpi who can't do anything SoMid and Dog always wants to try something sexy mid. But yeah. Don't play if you're not having fun every second.

~ [COLOR="SeaGreen"]♅[/COLOR
    You mention Dog, you mention Aether, but you don't mention me? ;.; I'm not sure what to think or feel right now.

()
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-05-13 at 11:00 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I want to run a team of something like Anivia/Trynd/Zilean/Mundo/Alistar, all with GAs. Killing anyone would take years.
    Oh god.
    All of my yes.
    xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Firbolg in the Playground

Replace Alistar with Yorick and you've got yourself a team.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Replace Alistar with Yorick and you've got yourself a team.
    Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him...in America!
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

How are people playing and building Aniva these days?

I were considering picking her up again, but its been ages since i last played her.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    How are people playing and building Aniva these days?

I were considering picking her up again, but its been ages since i last played her.
    Easy build:
    Rod of Ages -> Deathcap -> AP (I use Boots of Swiftness most of the time with occasional Mercs)

Moderate build:
    Catalyst -> Tear -> Whatever You Feel Like That Gives AP

Hard build:
    Whatever The Hell You Feel Like (Tear -> Revolver -> Spirit Visage; Tear -> Warmog's -> Mejai's; Banshee's -> Frozen Heart -> Rylai's; whatever the hell you feel like)

The trick is, of course, adapting. Anivia is probably my most varied caster in terms of builds.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    You mention Dog, you mention Aether, but you don't mention me? ;.; I'm not sure what to think or feel right now.

()
    My posts have a qt-beauty threshold that if I pass I would get very tired. And we don't want that, do we, Ms. Antisymbol?

~

23. - Top - End - #563
    Banned

My only other one is Lezreal and my teams get tired of my... Role playing. >.>"

Free week graves was boring and I've not been playing much outside of a ranked Leona and katarina spree a couple days ago. I do have 10k ip though... Suggestions? I like LS, Katarina, Ezreal, Blitz, uhh, I can't think of much else off the top of my tired head. AD Katarina has worked 100% of the time I've done it, but I'm scared of doublin my sample size.

~
    Corki would seem to be the natural choice. AD Kennen is also quite fun (and the only AD carry on which I rush PD before any big AD item...at least when I got bottom; top I might go Wit's End or something). You'd probably have more fun as AP Kog'maw, but Tristana might also be up your alley.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Corki would seem to be the natural choice. AD Kennen is also quite fun (and the only AD carry on which I rush PD before any big AD item...at least when I got bottom; top I might go Wit's End or something). You'd probably have more fun as AP Kog'maw, but Tristana might also be up your alley.
    More or less this. Corki is strong, cheap, and fun. Failing that, Kog'Maw and Kennen are stupidly enjoyable champions who can viably AD carry in addition to their primary roles.

That is to say, those are my suggestions aside from Leona/Jarvan, of course.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-13 at 12:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

More or less this. Corki is strong, cheap, and fun. Failing that, Kog'Maw and Kennen are stupidly enjoyable champions who can viably AD carry in addition to their primary roles.
    ...what is Kog'Maw's primary role?

26. - Top - End - #566
    Banned

I already own Kennen and need to try him out! Well, I played an ARAB and did terrible but it was fun. I can pick up Corki easy but I'll wait for free week Kog.

Aether, I'm decent at Leona, if you know how to J4.

~

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

Aether, I'm decent at Leona, if you know how to J4.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...what is Kog'Maw's primary role?
    AP! Le duh.

Probably the single most fun/anti-fun champion in the game right now. Shaco et al have nothing on level 16 + Blue buff + Rylai's Kog'Maw.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-13 at 12:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568

AP! Le duh.

Probably the single most fun/anti-fun champion in the game right now. Shaco et al have nothing on level 16 + Blue buff + Rylai's Kog'Maw.
    Eh, he really gets Nidalee-annoying only lategame tho. The whole problem with Shaco is that playing laning against him is a ****ing chore since if you ever try to kill your lane opponent, you automatically die if there's a Shaco in the enemy team so you're forced to not win the game instead of winning the game. Lategame annoyances are far less of a thing since you have all sorts of counterplay available; any kind of longrange initiation ults, Shure's, double PDs, Soraka, what-have-you. The recent tournaments have showcased the ways to deal with AP Kog extremely well.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-13 at 12:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Eh, he really gets Nidalee-annoying only lategame tho. The whole problem with Shaco is that playing laning against him is a ****ing chore since if you ever try to kill your lane opponent, you automatically die if there's a Shaco in the enemy team so you're forced to not win the game instead of winning the game. Lategame annoyances are far less of a thing since you have all sorts of counterplay available; any kind of longrange initiation ults, Shure's, double PDs, Soraka, what-have-you. The recent tournaments have showcased the ways to deal with AP Kog extremely well.
    Oh, I'm entirely aware that there exists significant counterplay to AP Kog, but Shaco has counterplay too; in both cases, it just isn't very fun.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Easy build:
    Rod of Ages -> Deathcap -> AP (I use Boots of Swiftness most of the time with occasional Mercs)

Moderate build:
    Catalyst -> Tear -> Whatever You Feel Like That Gives AP

Hard build:
    Whatever The Hell You Feel Like (Tear -> Revolver -> Spirit Visage; Tear -> Warmog's -> Mejai's; Banshee's -> Frozen Heart -> Rylai's; whatever the hell you feel like)

The trick is, of course, adapting. Anivia is probably my most varied caster in terms of builds.
    Thanks, how about runes and summoner spells?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar