New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    *Looks at first page of the subforum*

*Does not see the thread*

Although I did see one asking about it (the free IP boost), interestingly enough.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-04-28 at 03:41 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Bug on live

Repro steps
    1. Have a kog'maw be at least level 6 (Need ultimate)
    2. Have an akali drop her shroud and go invisible
    3. Use Kog's ult on akali
    4. Watch how kog fails to gain vision

I think this is a bug b/c I was doing fine vision-wise when I hit a shaco and then he stayed visible after he Deceive'd.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, now that there's the whole rune switch-up thing, should I be investing in flat AP blues?

4. - Top - End - #34

Well I figured since everyone gets a 10-Win IP boost, you'd think that they would put it up on the main site where everyone would see it, and not on the forums, where fewer people would, cause I don't fequent their forum enough to get updates like that.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bug on live (Reproducible: Maybe?)

In a game earlier today, Mordekaiser's Ult particle effect stuck to Ezreal and persisted past the duration of the ultimate, and possibly through death. Only about 50% of my teammates saw the effect, and in teamfights it was impossible to tell who was actually Ulted and who wasn't (since the damage is low enough that it's hard to use that as the judge in a fight).

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Muuuuuuuuuuuuundoooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

7. - Top - End - #37

So, I must have not been in complete control of my mental facilities, and I decided to impulse buy Kennen.

Right now, I start either boots or Doran's Shield, as appropriate, focusing W in lane, and harassing with a Q-W combo, with an autattack proc whenever it's up. Itemwise, my first big item is the big book made of books that turn into a gun (WotA), followed with a spiffy watch (hourglass) and a chilly stick (Rylai's). I can't say I quite have his playstyle down, though, though I might be more successful if I could actually land shurikens. Any advice from the playground?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    So, I must have not been in complete control of my mental facilities, and I decided to impulse buy Kennen.

Right now, I start either boots or Doran's Shield, as appropriate, focusing W in lane, and harassing with a Q-W combo, with an autattack proc whenever it's up. Itemwise, my first big item is the big book made of books that turn into a gun (WotA), followed with a spiffy watch (hourglass) and a chilly stick (Rylai's). I can't say I quite have his playstyle down, though, though I might be more successful if I could actually land shurikens. Any advice from the playground?
    Something I've seen fairly often is to lightning rush forwards, hitting the enemy if possible, throwing a Q at them and following up with a surge (or whatever that lightning-at-everything-marked thing is) and proc'd AA.

So one might rush through the minions in the center, Q, surge, then AA for the stun and hit once or twice before turning (or chasing, if they're low). An advantage to this is that you can often surprise people who aren't prepared to dodge by suddenly not being behind the minions.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post

Random playstyle advice incoming.

Autoattacks are very important for harass at early levels. I've even started Doran's Blade against top lanes without good counter-poke.

Even if you can get a stun off in harass, sometimes it's better to leave the opponent with two marks for a few seconds until your cooldowns are up and you can mark him again after stunning. This increases the amount of zoning you can do and makes your trades more favorable.

Having Lightning Rush lets you play very aggressively, as you're safe from many junglers. Don't use it for harass when pushed, however, as this can be suicide. Indeed, I pretty much only use E for harass if it's a stun proc.

On that note, you can readily end a trade or run away by QWEing a stun, and this is often better than simply running away.

Level 1 Lightning Rush lets you farm caster creeps under tower with 1 autoattack after a turret shot, absent your own minion aggro.

Probably the best way to mass farm with E-W is to rush through creeps, then autoattack things that would survive your W until you can kill everything at once. Otherwise you're left with a bunch of low-health creeps that all need to be last-hit at once.

Abyssal, or at least a Negatron Cloak, can be extremely useful against magic damage spam from the likes of Vlad. Deathcap is good for maximizing your one-shotting potential against a bunch of squishy damage dealers. Your build is best for surviving bruisers when you have damage support from your own bruisers and/or AD carry.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-28 at 07:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Muuuuuuuuuuuuundoooooooooooooo
    He's the best, ain't he?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #41

So I just had one of the most amusing games ever as support Olaf on Dominion.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically the lobby chat went something like this:
    Malz: “I'm going AD.”
    Friend1: “Ok then, I'll be AP Ashe”
    Friend2: “ASPD Alistar”
    Me: “Support Olaf”
    Malz: “Really, I'm serious, AD Malzahar.”
    Friend1: “We're serious, too. AP Ashe.”

And then, Hilarity. The Teemo remained eerily silent until the end, but was a bro for playing along. He also got hit by Ashe arrows alot. Now Available as a Replay!
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terazul View Post
    He also got hit by Ashe arrows alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

13. - Top - End - #43

So, since I haven't seem to have seen much about him, how is Hecarim? Is he the supreme-ultra ganker his set suggests he should be? Also, looking at a clip of gameplay with him, he looks huge!

Also, I'm thinking I may pick back up with League this summer. Maybe.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    So, since I haven't seem to have seen much about him, how is Hecarim? Is he the supreme-ultra ganker his set suggests he should be? Also, looking at a clip of gameplay with him, he looks huge!
    I think he's an underperformer. His jungle clear, sustain, ganks, etc etc... are meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

15. - Top - End - #45

And looking again, now he doesn't. Maybe was a fluke in the other vid?

Also, slightly disappointing. I actually was somewhat intrigued by his design.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    And looking again, now he doesn't. Maybe was a fluke in the other vid?

Also, slightly disappointing. I actually was somewhat intrigued by his design.
    He's big, like Sejuani, but you get used to it after the initial 'oh my, this champion practically covers half of the fountain!' moment.

I've seen him more often as a top than a jungler, and he seems to be fairly effective.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terazul View Post
    So I just had one of the most amusing games ever as support Olaf on Dominion.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically the lobby chat went something like this:
    Malz: “I'm going AD.”
    Friend1: “Ok then, I'll be AP Ashe”
    Friend2: “ASPD Alistar”
    Me: “Support Olaf”
    Malz: “Really, I'm serious, AD Malzahar.”
    Friend1: “We're serious, too. AP Ashe.”

And then, Hilarity. The Teemo remained eerily silent until the end, but was a bro for playing along. He also got hit by Ashe arrows alot. Now Available as a Replay!
    as the attack speed alistar in the game, i am seconding the fact this game is incredible and support olaf is unstoppable.

18. - Top - End - #48

Bug: (Probably known)
    While playing Lulu, holding Alt (or whatever is bound to the Pet Command button) causes your orders to be ignored.

Bug:
    Mundo can't go in or through walls, trees, and other obstacles, even if he pleases.

Unrelated, my PC is being screwy so I can't play until I figure it out, which makes me sad.

19. - Top - End - #49

Bugs:

PvP.net:

1) Profile - Ranked Stats overview:
    When viewing the ranked stats overview of a summoner, up to three ratings may be displayed:
    Arranged team 3v3, Solo/Duo queue and arranged team 5v5. Only the Solo/Duo queue rating makes sense currently.
    The team 3v3 and 5v5 ratings should either be removed, or updated to show the top rating of any team which the
    summoner is a member of.

2) Ignore list is not respected ingame:
    When you are in a game with a user on your ignore list, they will initially show up as ignored when pressing
    [TAB]. You will however still be able to see their pings and chats. Un-ignoring and re-ignoring them by
    clicking the icon fixes this.

3) Ignored user in chat rooms:
    If an ignored user sends a message to a chat room you are both participating in, the "new message" sound
    will be played, even though you are not able to see the message.

4) Ignoring and Un-ignoring removes user from friend list:
    When you ignore a user in-game, they are immediately removed from your friends list. This means that even
    if you un-ignore them later in the game, they will not be on your friends list after the game. This is mainly
    an issue when using the "/mute all" or "/mute allies" commands.

5) When viewing the ignore list, the summoner icons do not load correctly
    See screen shot:
    Spoiler
    Show

6) Ignore and whispers:
    If you ignore a friend in-game, and then try to send them a message using the "/w" command, it will seem to work,
    that is, the chat will display "[To]: Name: Message".
    The ignored fried will however not receive the message (since (s)he is not on your friends list). This means
    that the chat should have displayed "-User not found in friend list-".

The ignore list issues above were all tested on EUNE to avoid the chat issues of EUW

7) The Champion list at the bottom of the "Ranked Stats" tab does not load first time
    If you go to the ranked stats of a summoner profile, there should be a list of champions below the "Filter
    by Champion" text. This list does not load the first time you open the page. Navigating away (e.g. to the
    Profile tab) and back fixes this, and the list loads correctly.

8) Resize issues:
    If you resize the PvP.net client window, the actual edge placement (for further resizing) will be slightly
    displaced compared to what is shown on the screen. The horizontal scrollbar in the bottom of the PvP.net shop
    is also slightly displaced, and can become almost useless due to this (since the client might think it is placed
    underneath some of the shop entries.

In game:

9) Permanent Jungle Aggro:
    There are some jungle aggro bugs with monster aggro not resetting properly. One of them is captured in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnLpJ...ature=youtu.be (sorry for low quality, it was captured on my laptop)
    Me and my partner were consistently able to reproduce it, by having Kayle aggroing the monsters, me running away,
    Kayle running away past me (losing aggro) and me then running back to the camp. This bug does not necessarily
    effect both players - only one may see the odd behaviour. This hints that it is a client-side issue.

10) Master Yi and Snares interaction:
    Master Yi's Alpha Strike (and probably Fioras ult as well) have some weird interactions with snares, as shown in
    this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD6Sr...ature=youtu.be
    In the first try, I dodge the snare by alpha striking. This is fine.
    In the second try, I get snared and am therefore unable to alpha strike. Fine too.
    Third try, I get snared, but the alpha strike still goes off, I end up next to Lux, but am still snared. This
    shouldn't happen. If I am snared, the alpha strike shouldn't go off -> Alpha strike going off should mean that
    I am not snared. This is a weird in-between scenario.

11) Selling items:
    If you open the shop window before being back in base, and selects an item in your inventory, this selection
    apparently does not work. You have to re-select the item once you are back in base, before you can sell it.
    This is shown in this video: http://youtu.be/6ymf8PS79ug
    Even though I select Dorans Shield, the sell button does nothing, until I re-select it.

12) Performance of Smoke Screen:
    Regardless of your graphics settings, the Smoke Screen ability of Graves kills performance on weak computers.
    Even though they might be able to run the rest of LoL just fine, if you ever get a Graves on the opposing team,
    you might as well give up team fighting since entering or leaving the smoke cloud drops your fps to below 10.
    It is unfortunate that one ability is so much more demanding than the rest of the game. Perhaps this could be
    fixed for lower effect settings somehow?

13) Ahri ult ignoring cc *significant*:
    The video below shows that Ahri ult can ignore cc. We stack Fiddlesticks fear and Cho's silence so they overlap
    in duration, yet Ahri is clearly able to use her ulti once (when the fear wears off) even though she is
    silenced. This is an issue with all forms of cc, as far as I can tell.
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5WzB...ature=youtu.be

14) Permanent Ignite (or other effects):
    Sometimes, the graphical effects of spells persist permanently. I have not been able to reproduce
    the perma-ignite bug. I have however recently seen it, and I have also encountered perma-ahri-charm
    and perma-kayle-ult. In those cases, they did not apply to all players - my team-mates did not see
    anything unusual, which hints that this is a client-side issue like the jungle aggro one.

"Bugs":
    (though these could be argued to be feature requests)

15) There is no way to hide or auto-reject friend requests:
    If you have ever watched Guardsman Bob, or some of the other popular streamers, you know why this is an issue.
    With several hundreds of request waiting, it becomes hard for them to find game invites, and the constant
    popups obscure some of the bans in champ select, and hides the close and play again buttons in the post game
    screen. Manually declining all the requests seems to take up to ten minutes or more, so that is not a good
    option.

Bonus content: Mega Cho/Squirrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxh8hsp0xg

Feel free to message me if you have any questions regarding these bugs.

Thanks to: Xami, Nosyeye and my girlfriend for helping me test, reproduce and document these.

Edit: I might do another bunch of bugs later, but I probably won't have time. I also have a bunch of tribunal bugs, if anyone is interested in those.

Edit2: Highlighted the Ahri ult/cc bug since it has cost me several kills and probably games already.
    Last edited by Dada; 2012-04-29 at 02:26 PM.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

20. - Top - End - #50

And suddenly, with the promise of Riot-sanctioned RP, my shiny new thread is filled with bugs.

*fetches RAID*

Edit: Though it occurs, while we're on the target, I have a question to ask about the interaction between Morgana's Black Shield and Urgot's ultimate of name I cannot remember. Black shield prevents the suppression, but the location switch still happens as normal at the end of Urgot's channel (which still triggers even if the suppression was blocked, unlike, say, Warwick's ultimate, which appears to leap but not damage). Is this behaving as intended? Because as worded, Morg's Black Shield is supposed to block all CC while it is active, which I would assume a location displacer would be included in.
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2012-04-29 at 01:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Oh how I love this IP boost. Almost got enough saved up for Rumble now. :3

Anyone got any tips on playing him?

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    And suddenly, with the promise of Riot-sanctioned RP, my shiny new thread is filled with bugs.

*fetches RAID*

Edit: Though it occurs, while we're on the target, I have a question to ask about the interaction between Morgana's Black Shield and Urgot's ultimate of name I cannot remember. Black shield prevents the suppression, but the location switch still happens as normal at the end of Urgot's channel (which still triggers even if the suppression was blocked, unlike, say, Warwick's ultimate, which appears to leap but not damage). Is this behaving as intended? Because as worded, Morg's Black Shield is supposed to block all CC while it is active, which I would assume a location displacer would be included in.
    Olaf has the same result, by the way.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Olaf has the same result, by the way.
    As does QSS and (I think) Gangplank's Oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I think there should be someone whose ult has the following effects on the enemy team:
    Hides all summoner names
    Replaces champion models with grey clouds
    Allows friendly fire

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post

*fetches RAID*
    I think that there should be an insectoid champion, so there will be a permanent bug in the League of Legends.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

So judging from my only post in this thread so far, some may have noticed that I like Mundo. The thing is, I've only been playing him for a little bit, but I want to try experimenting. I've done really well with my full build being CR boots, 2 Warmogs, Force of Nature, Atma's, and Maw. But I was just thinking, what about an AP Mundo? Could I perhaps go MP boots, Warmogs, Rylai's, Force of Nature, Deathfire, and another Warmogs? I think it could be fairly decent, I ended up relying heavily on being on fire all the time even as my Health/AD Mundo, so I figured Health/AP shouldn't be bad right?

Comments and feedback appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think there should be someone whose ult has the following effects on the enemy team:
    Hides all summoner names
    Replaces champion models with grey clouds
    Allows friendly fire

What do you think?
    Champion ults that reward players for RL communicating (more than the normal reward) aren't necessarily good things. It's also an ult that only exists to cause frustration and makes people blame their teammates, and very unfairly screws over certain champs (anybody with self centered AoEs).
    You rang?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Bug:

Sometimes, when you see an enemy recalling, the next time you see them the last half-second or so of Recall animation plays around them.

I'll test this further tomorrow, as I don't have time today.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Bug on live
    ease of reproduction: easy

TF's Blue card does not refund mana if it's target dies mid flight. Ironicly this also does not consume stacked deck charges. While red card still depoy's it's aoe slow.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2012-04-29 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typos
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Bug: If you are in Graves' smokescreen while the turret is hitting you, if you remain inside the smokescreen but move out of the turret's range, the turret targeting animation will still follow the champion.