New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: GW's Avatar Corner

Gnomes and avatars fit well, and you prove this right once more! Well done for all your work! I can easily say i have a preferance for you DnD artwork avatars, and mainly the smiling ones! They seem really shiningly happy!

I also come with a small request, since Gnomes are my favorite core race.
    How about a simple gnome monk? Maybe during a flying kick move?

Also, a gnome paladin!

Give us more gnomes! We want gnomes!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it alright to post in this thread again now that Gnomish is back? ^___^

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, feel free to post here! Now that I am back I am taking requests again! If you need an avatar crafted, or if I promised you one in the past and never delivered, feel free to post here or PM me and I will get it done!

As you can see to the left at the time of writing this post, I made myself a Christmas avatar! People say it's cute, which surprises me because it looks awkward to me, but apparently I accidentally succeeded! So here's my Christmas avatar!
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Huzzah! I may ask you for something later, if that's alright. ^^

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Eegads! It's a branch with flowers on it!

It looks swell, Gnomish. Will the gnome be sporting it, too? ^^

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Fancy!

...I may bug you for an avatar later, if I ever decide what I want.
    A few odds and ends.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Eegads! It's a branch with flowers on it!

It looks swell, Gnomish. Will the gnome be sporting it, too? ^^
    Danke, I like it. I don't think my avatar possesses the leg diameter to possess such a tattoo, however. ^.^'

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Fancy!

...I may bug you for an avatar later, if I ever decide what I want.
    Please do! I like requests.

It's been coming for a bit, but here are the latest creations of Gnomish
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=header]Picture|Explanation
    |This is Sun-Priestess Gnomish! The big sun behind her I always envisioned as a sort of construct or physical object, not actually a sun. The cliff face at the bottom was supposed to blend in with the forum boards but I don't know if that was a successful endeavor. People said the difference in Sun-style verses Gnome-style was weird
    |Drawn for Lucy as part of the Draw Your Friends Avataring Game. The concept was 'Secret Santa' so I went with 'Secret Agent Santa'
    |This is BasicallyGnomish, my plain avatar for Basic Avatar Week, one of three I drew for the day. Was called 'cute' by several. Also the first time I remember dressing my avatar in purple, which is weird because purple is like my second favorite color.
    |This is SimplyLateral, a much simplified version of Lateral's normal punching avatar for Basic Avatar Week
    |This is PlainlyThattaman, a simplified version of Thattaman's normal badass spellcaster with dimension avatar for Basic Avatar Week
    |This is a picture of Lelouch vi Britannia for Zanthy1. I just found out that Lelouch is not pronounced with a hard scottish 'chk' sound! (Because I am chronically unfamiliar with all things anime)
    |This is a Dark Elf with a demon motif for my friend Dark Elf Bard. The details were fuuuuun
    |This is a GothicCastaras made for the Draw Your Friends Avatar Game I helped host! I love that I got to draw two Dark Elf Females with primary red coloring so close to each other for some reason. They probably look too much alike >.>
    |This is GnomishRider, Part 2 to the SunPriestess avatar above. I really like how she came out (Protip: She's topless! (Protip2: I might not know how to use Protips))
    |This is the Gnome Cart that the pony I'm riding above is dragging behind me, complete with the loot from the SunPriestess heist. I don't like how neither of the Horse or Cart pictures could have fade to clear the way I wanted them to, so now it looks weird. Le sigh
    |This is the Vampire Marceline, from the kid's TV show Adventure Time. Yet again my lack of prowess is discovered as I do not watch the show from which this avatar was crafted[/table]

And Banner-Craft:
    Spoiler
    Show

Made for the 'Basic Avatar Week' as a header

And this is the Trophy I made that the compassionate Succubus won for his excellent SuccuBASIC design

Finally, Pony-House:
    Spoiler
    Show

Crafted for the Hatter on a lark. To explain: His signature had the two pony pictures already in it saying they needed a home. Obviously this was meant to imply that they were up for adoption, but I was bored and decided to kill some time making them a home. Yep, drew a house as a joke

And there we go! Whatcha think??
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-02-04 at 07:58 AM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Very nice new batch, GW! I started simultaneously laughing and forming conspiracy theories when I saw your new horse-riding avatar and the cart in your sig. Is there a story behind that? Do you have an image of horse & cart combined?

I was leaning on the side of those who thought the differing styles was odd in your sun priestess avatar, among a few other things. However, I think it looks considerably better here, at an expanded size and with a white background. (The sad thing about avatar art: So much detail lost to small size requirements)

The drow girls look fantastic. I like the GothicCastaras one better, as it feels a bit more lively and a bit less overdetailed. The one for Dark Elf Bard looks to be standing a bit too still and and smiling a bit too casually for someone adorned with such an abundance of spiky things. Still, they both look very fun.

Marceline looks really good, although take that with a grain of salt as I do not watch the show myself.

Since you like requests so much, I’ll make one: Could you draw up a gender-flipped version of my own avatar, for the theme week? I know this is a bit short notice, so no worries if you can’t. Also, you’d be welcome to take whatever liberties with the characters you’d see fit.

PS- Your creation for the gender-bender week looks hella sexy. Although I do want to smack him on the head and tell him to button up his pants.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    Very nice new batch, GW! I started simultaneously laughing and forming conspiracy theories when I saw your new horse-riding avatar and the cart in your sig. Is there a story behind that? Do you have an image of horse & cart combined?

How's this? They were never actually combined, I drew them separated because I already knew how I wanted them presented in my avatar/sig. Still, being bigger shows more detail. The story behind them is pretty much what you see, but to explain: My normal Gnomish character is an 'Indiana Jones' type of sorcerer/rogue or something like that, and I really liked the concept of the SunPriestess avatar, so I decided as I was crafting it that she had dressed up as a tribal-type of folk to integrate herself into a native society to find their secrets and steal a whole bunch of stuff. And of course she got caught and had to hoof it out of there (heh).

I was leaning on the side of those who thought the differing styles was odd in your sun priestess avatar, among a few other things. However, I think it looks considerably better here, at an expanded size and with a white background. (The sad thing about avatar art: So much detail lost to small size requirements)
    Thank you. I tend to add too much detail that gets lost in the shrinking-to-avatar transition, I think.

The drow girls look fantastic. I like the GothicCastaras one better, as it feels a bit more lively and a bit less overdetailed. The one for Dark Elf Bard looks to be standing a bit too still and and smiling a bit too casually for someone adorned with such an abundance of spiky things. Still, they both look very fun.
    Yeah, I didn't have much of a pose in mind for DEB's, so it ended up flat :/ Castaras's was ALL ABOUT the pose, however, since I needed her to look just right to go with the huge gothic arch window.

Marceline looks really good, although take that with a grain of salt as I do not watch the show myself.
    Thank you! I also do not watch the show but the feedback from her crafting has been good. And thanks for all the compliments sprinkled throughout this, it really means the whole world to me. I am nothing without the opinions of my fans.

Since you like requests so much, I’ll make one: Could you draw up a gender-flipped version of my own avatar, for the theme week? I know this is a bit short notice, so no worries if you can’t. Also, you’d be welcome to take whatever liberties with the characters you’d see fit.
    Sure, I'd love to! Tis not short notice at all and i only have one or two other requests pending so it will definitely be finished before the week starts. Quick question: How 'mammalian' would you prefer the body shape?

PS- Your creation for the gender-bender week looks hella sexy. Although I do want to smack him on the head and tell him to button up his pants.
    Hehe, thankies. He's probably trying too hard at being attractive, is what I keep telling him, but he simply insisted that he leave his pants unbuttoned.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-02-04 at 05:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Sure, I'd love to! Tis not short notice at all and i only have one or two other requests pending so it will definitely be finished before the week starts. Quick question: How 'mammalian' would you prefer the body shape?
    Thanks so much! And...there's really no way to answer that question without getting funny looks, is there?

Wellllll...I'd be leaning toward a moderate mammalian shape, he/she is supposed to be half-human, half-dragon. Although if you can find a way to make Komodo look feminine without resorting to such tactics, and you think it would look good, then go right ahead. Although I would prefer she didn't resort to wigs. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Komodo; 2013-02-04 at 08:25 PM.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

I love the hat on Marceline. The GB one might have better-looking hair if you rounded the corners.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #42

Just four to show off right now, though I wish I had more. I had three lined up that I wanted to do but inspiration is a fickle b****.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=header]Picture|Info
    |This is the male Gnomish for Gender Bender week, posted in the GenderBender thread (which is how Komodo and Cuthalion knew of it above). The idea was to make me the sexiest male gnome I could, and this is the result.
    |This is Komodia, the Genderbent Komodo avatar. I really liked the challenge of crafting a female dragonkin without obvious female traits like hair or breasts. I like how it came out.
    |This is a FemNorth Ranger, also for Gender Bender Week. I hope I made the outfit detailed enough, North Ranger's normal avatar by Elder Tsofu was so excellent that mine pales in comparison.
    |Steampunk halfling for Morbis Meh. Made with my more typically Gnomish body shape, it was fun using it to make an avatar for someone who wasn't me. Not a lot of small-sized females on the boards, it seems I still worry about the tartan pattern on the skirt.[/taBle]

So there we are! Still taking requests/comments/critisisms/advice/what have you

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I love the hat on Marceline. The GB one might have better-looking hair if you rounded the corners.
    Thank you, hat-craft is no easy feat. I usually will start with hats because they take the longest, usually, getting them to go just so.

In terms of rounded corners, I tried to see what he would look like with them, but it makes the hair neater. The point was for his hair to be messy and wild but still boy-bandish, but I think rounding the corners swings it too far away from messy.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

I wont be using it as an avatar but I will be using this. Can I have an oots style xenomorph (from the alien series) :D
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

If it isn't too much trouble could I request an avatar? Just something simple like a kid with a really mellow expression on a windy day, if you don't mind? It's no trouble if you are too busy I'm not bothered at all if you can't find the time.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-02-20 at 04:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wow, this is great stuff, I really like it!

Any chance I could request a half orc paladin? I'll leave the equipment and description up to you, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great. No big deal if you're working on other stuff though.

Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Your art is fantastic! If I was any good as a critic I would give you a review, and if I had any idea what kind of avatar I wanted myself, I would ask for one. But since neither of my situational "ifs" are true, I will do neither of those things.

But, good work! I enjoyed looking at the art you have done!

17. - Top - End - #47

Post Re: GW's Avatar Corner

I just have to say that all your work here is really top notch. I might be PMing you soon
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

18. - Top - End - #48

Thank you for the compliments! It certainly means a lot that my work can be regarded highly.

Here is my latest batch of creations:

This is a fox avatar I drew for Tec. I forgot it was an avatar as I was drawing it, thus the.... unusually wide image size.
    Spoiler
    Show

And this is an avatar based on the playgrounder's band art.
    Spoiler
    Show

Original
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-03-18 at 06:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Did you do the pony by hand, or pony creator, or what?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Please do! I like requests.
    Bugging: Proceed!

Quote Originally Posted by Komatik View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. The default Druid avatar is pretty nice, but it had an unfortunate feature: Namely, it clearly had a pulse. It also doesn't look anywhere near kickass enough and is severely lacking in character. But the pulse is the main issue. I seek your most expert aid in rectifying this most alarming of mishaps. Your mission is this:

Spoiler
    Show
    An undead elf druid/shaman. If you know Magic, think Golgari. Something Jarad-ish, decomposing if not quite so rotten that he's missing parts of his face or something. Still, clearly (un)dead. If the missing facial feature makes him kickass, go ahead.

X Elf, sentient undead
    X Earthy clothing in browns and dark greens, moss, etc.
    Shoulder-length white/grey hair
    Pallid, gray skin. Zombie veins or other features of decomposition.
    Vines?
    Cloak
    If you manage to get that odd, somehow regal feeling present in Jarad and occasionally found in vampires and stuff it in a stick figure, you're amazing.
    For any magic effect things the dark purple in Jarad cards is superb.
    Does that sound fun?

EDITATION: Browsing through these, and damn. I am jealous.
    Last edited by Komatik; 2013-03-18 at 01:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by GenPol View Post
    Wow, this is great stuff, I really like it!

Any chance I could request a half orc paladin? I'll leave the equipment and description up to you, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great. No big deal if you're working on other stuff though.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Komatik View Post
    Bugging: Proceed!

Does that sound fun?

EDITATION: Browsing through these, and damn. I am jealous.
    I WIll take both these requests! I intend to do them both tomorrow.

Did you do the pony by hand, or pony creator, or what?
    I drew that pony by hand (well, inkscape)! I am very proud of it, at this point. Looks even better than the pony creator is capable of doing.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-03-18 at 06:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

If I think of something, can I message you with possible avatars I would like?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

How do you get the ends to get progressively thinner? 000OOOooo...
    Show
    You're my favorite.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

It's an ancient form of magic few have mastered. In other words, I really have no idea.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    If I think of something, can I message you with possible avatars I would like?
    Certainly ^.^

Hm, giving actual line weight as opposed to just the illusion of lineweight in a vector-program is no easy feat. It probably took half of the four-hour crafting time of that pony to get it right. Let me explain how I did it.

In this chart, the first two objects are lines. The first was made at 1 pixel long with no effects. The second was made at 10 pixels long with rounded ends.

Lines (and by extension, borders) are useful in that they provide a static means to an end, but in art like that of ponies, it becomes important to allow the borders to swell or thin to indicate depth.

The next three objects show the key to my process. Instead of making borders or lines, I instead use objects themselves as the borders. The final is 'borderless', as its color is the border itself!

By using a rectangle and crafting that into the border, I am able to apply a myriad of effects such as progressively shrinking, branching out, forming loops, and many other neat effects I would not be able to use otherwise.

Then for the 'inside fill', so to speak, another object is required as the coloration. Think of this as first inking a picture with the border and then adding the color with paint, like physical art.

One convenient tool that allowed me some manner of ease in crafting the larger 'inside fill' color objects for the pony was the paintbucket tool. It created the inside object for me, just needing slight touch-ups of the points to go behind the object that was the border.

Hope this was informative!
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-03-19 at 12:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

hi gnomish

*waves*

i am a big fan of your work, i really like your Midna from twilight princess, i am here to humbly request an avatar from you

i was hoping for a simple human prince with a crown in some sort of "prince robes or outfit of some kind, red and green for the outfit out be great (Christmas!!) lol im sure anything you do would be super awesome.

so thank you for your consideration and i hope i hear back from you thanks again

Edit- P.S. i LOVE the Christmas avatar you made too
    Last edited by Prince_Ornstein; 2013-03-25 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusapult View Post
    2.) I get the reference of both your name and location. Praise the Sun.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground

Posting here to once again challenge my favorite gnome's avatar-making chops!

Though what it is will remain a secret… for now.

If you're interested, Gnomish, send a Skype message my way.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, Gnomish! I would like, if it all possible, an exalted-ish version of my current avatar for maybe-exalted week. ^^

Take my current avatar, and if you would, give her some sort of fancy spider web ballgown, with a golden cup in one hand, a more ornate crown, and a staff in her other hand. She'd have themes of insects and playfulness - not sure how to put that in, spider's in her air, jaunty smile, playful pose, something like that!

Put in what you think would be neat in the picture - you are le coolest avatar gnome.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

If you're open to another request, I'd like an avatar based on this picture, with the tombstones.
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

30. - Top - End - #60

Default Re: Gnomish's Art Corner

Okay, I have not done like any arts, because I am the worst. So this is my comprehensive list of stuff I have to do. Perhaps through organization and deadlines I can not be the worst any more!
    Erikun
    GenPol
    Komatik
    Discord
    Darklink_Shadow
    Merellis
    Prince_Ornstein
    Alucard
    Tec
    Nightgaun7
    Grif

If you see your name above and no longer need an avatar/artwork done, let me know. Sorry again.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-05-07 at 10:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show