New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Return of the Scarlet Empress IC

"He... was dressed pretty fancy, all in black, black hair too. His skin was... strange, I can't really describe how. He had a black daiklaive, and... I don't know, it was patterned with screaming faces or something. I think he was from Thorns? That's what he said. Thorns sends its greetings." she explains.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Child grimaces at her words. He'd hoped that no one would remember that: given everything else, he just can't rationalize the Mask doing it. Someone else is trying to start a war, and while a Chosen of Battles isn't really adverse to that, there's a time and a place for everything.

"If he was actually sent by the Mask of Winters, then I'm the Empress. If the Mask wanted to start a war, he could do much more effective things. And the sign burned into the wall; I don't recognize it as relating to Thorns at all. It has to be someone else."
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Maren... no, she isn't really Maren right now, is she? Isa contemplates the letter, reading it a second time to ensure she hasn't missed anything obvious. (She hasn't.) Well. That's... different. Not that the change is unwelcome; Isa can't help but think that the Crusade is simply the dying gasp of the Wyld Hunt, trying to dam a river in flood. The Solar Exalted are back, and it's simply not going to be possible to keep them under control through extermination anymore. Something will have to change.

She takes note of the sign of Mars, seared into the ground around one of the burning buildings. Good. She's in the right place, at least.

The question is, does she enter as Maren or somebody else? Besi will wonder why her cousin is so interested in a stranger, and may expect her to follow elsewhere. But a newly arrived stranger of about Maren's age and build, carrying the same weapon and wearing the same clothes... that strains even the broken Mask's ability to explain away. Quite aside from the mess of paperwork that being recognized would create, it could send the whole situation into chaos if Besi reacted wrong.

Hm.

Isa pulls out a translucent hearthstone hearthstone and holds it in front of her contemplatively, watching mirror-clouds drift across the reflection of the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Isa is using her Gem of Omens (see Oadenol's Codex p. 104 for how it works). Int + Occult to interpret whatever it is she sees:

(4d10)[7][2][8][9](26)

Stunt dice: (3d10)[8][9][1](18)
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2012-05-26 at 03:05 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Isa

The Shadow of an Old Man enters. A Child questions her motives. A Wolf Howls. Chaos.

Penumbra

The necromancer is nowhere to be seen. But perched on a treebranch and watching some sort of hearthstone is a young woman in Realm garb...

Skandi

No luck in finding the necromancer. But the Dragon-Blood doesn't see you, which is a plus.

And searching with a fang in the barrracks yield's something. A scrap of black cloth, sliced off a robe with some sort of extremely thin, sharp blade judging by both the cut of the cloth and the raggedness of the edge. On the reverse sign, part of what appears to be a secret pocket holds a triangular piece of paper, with the rest of the paper obviously with the rest of the robe.

The contents of the page appear to be some sort of list.

In Old Realm:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Lin Arba (Unmoving Voyager), - Port Calin
    2. Ever-Growing Furor (Blazing Jubilant) - Lookshy, House Of The Painted
    3. Grass Lightning (Child of Steel and Ruby) - Fort Waypoint.
    4. Rosacarnis Stormwrack (Emerald Stormwrack) - Nex ((the piece of paper is cut off here))
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-05-26 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skandi turns to the fang. "Well, this is interesting. Does anyone know a 'Grass Lightning' or 'Child of Steel and Ruby?'"
    R.I.P. Skandi the Wolf of Return of the Scarlet Empress

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

Friendplug: Arpista Editing!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Skandi

The men all look at each other and after a second, one of them steps forward.

"Sir? Grass Lightning is...was...the Commander's wife. Though I have no idea who this 'Child of Iron and Whatsit' is."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #97

Skandi calculates rapidly, face calm and mind a blur. "This is a hit list. Grass Lightning is the commander's wife. That lady talking earlier 'My husband is dead.' 'Good to see you, Child' - to the loudmouth. Not a nickname, then. That Deathknight wasn't here for the fort - he's an assassin. He kills the commander - need to check if he was dragon-blooded - then stages a zombie attack as a diversion and goes for Grass Lightning. He fails because of Adamant Girl. Maybe Child was his second target? Whoever Child is, he's more than he seems, considering he could outshout me..."

"Thanks. Keep looking - I have something I need to take care of."

Skandi strides towards Child's group, picking up the tail end of their conversation. "That's the Sign of Mars, Maiden of Battles. Nothing to do with Thorns. My thanks to you for driving him off," he says to Sierra, before turning to Child."By the way - Child of Steel and Ruby? Do you have a moment to talk?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Skandi isn't quite rude enough to bother a widow at the time of her uttermost grief. He is, however, rude enough to bother Child.

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Child relaxes. Huh. Always nice when they put the evidence together without getting to-

The use of his name, his full name, jars him a bit, and he takes a careful, half-step backwards, as if putting some distance between himself and Skandi.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we had been introduced. Please, though, just call me Child. As for talking, I doubt anything really needs to be hidden from the present company."
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #99

Skandi smiles cheerfully, speaking in a voice that the circle of men and women around Child can hear. "You are most probably correct. Then for the company, I will simply say this: Our friend who would like us to think he is from Thorns is most probably here to kill you and your friend Grass Lightning, and it is only thanks to this young lady - " he bows to Sierra - "That Grass Lightning is still alive."

Skandi waits a moment to let that sink in, then holds up the scrap of cloth and piece of paper and shows it to the company, his thumb firmly covering the last name and place on the list, before slipping it back into his pocket, as he speaks.

"Our friend who would like us to think he's from Thorns seems to have accidentally left this behind. By the way, does anyone here know if a Lin Arba or Unmoving Voyager recently died in Port Calin, or an Ever-Growing Furor or Blazing Jubilant recently died in Lookshy?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Skandi doesn't know Child is a Sidereal, but I vaguely feel as though he's going to smack himself for missing it when he finds out.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Fort Waypoint

Nobody responds affirmatively regarding Skandi's question. Likely, nobody's heard of those names.

Grass Lightning frowns. "But why would they go after me? Or Child? I mean he's just a...well...not someone especially important. Maybe Thorns is going after escapees? I don't recognize any of the other names, but they could be those who fled too."

Child:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unmoving Voyager and Blazing Jubilant are Chosen of Journeys and Serenity, respectively, and work on the Convention of Wood. Blazing Jubilant actually serves with Child on the Committee on Lookshy; the other Sidereal is of slightly higher standing on that particular Committee. Both of them were born in the East, as well.
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-05-29 at 12:23 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

The color seems to drain from Child's face as he realizes what this must mean. Someone's compromised the Bureau. And because of this, he's made Grass Lightning a target.

"They aren't targeting survivors, and I know of two of the names on that list: Blazing Jubilant and Unmoving Voyager are associates, of a sort. Were their other names on that list?"

Spoiler
    Show
    After things calm down, Child's going to be hitting Efficient Secretary Technique, I guess.

Oh, and I might as well ask, what is Skandi's rank?
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya approaches the men and Sierra with a cross look on her face, "If you are done interrogating the young lady it appears as if she needs a moment to catch her breath and a get a little breathing room. If none of you mind you men can 'talk' and we ladies will be getting our nerves calmed down." She nods to Sierra and then to the distraught looking Grass Lightning, "Shall we let the men talk, they are intent on being cryptic and I have found it is best to let Cryptic Men get that cryptic-ness out of their system before getting anything of clarity from them."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illyceria View Post
    Aya approaches the men and Sierra with a cross look on her face, "If you are done interrogating the young lady it appears as if she needs a moment to catch her breath and a get a little breathing room. If none of you mind you men can 'talk' and we ladies will be getting our nerves calmed down." She nods to Sierra and then to the distraught looking Grass Lightning, "Shall we let the men talk, they are intent on being cryptic and I have found it is best to let Cryptic Men get that cryptic-ness out of their system before getting anything of clarity from them."
    Sierra gives an appreciative nod, and shall try to flee to her room.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"If someone cares about you enough to assault a Lookshy redoubt with five-score dead," Ragara Besi says, having been caught up contemplating the smoking barracks. She continues to look at it, but who else would she be addressing but Child?

"don't you think you should hide?"
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Child rolls his eyes at Aya's interruption, and waves Sierra away. "She can probably go, but who ever takes command of the fort will likely want to speak with her. I do apologize if my trying to figure out what in the Hell happened here confused and bored you. I just thought I might try and actually help the situation, and protect those I care about."
    The final bit is a bit overly vehement, and he pauses, taking and releasing a deep breath, before answering Besi's question.

"Hide from whom? And Why? We only know the apparent targets, and I'm not sure they suspected I would be here. If I do need to go into hiding, Grass Lighting and her family might as well. Especially if some kind of Anathema has it out for us."
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #106

"What in Luna's name is Child? Some sort of mortal Essence-user, clearly. "My associates?" Rivals in the Guild? That would be something the Mask or Walker or Lover might risk a deathknight on. Either way..."

Skandi nods firmly, but his voice drops to a low, quiet tone. "Speaking as a soldier, just hiding never works. Everyone always leaves a trail, so your enemies can track you to your hiding spot - and that applies to Greetings From Thons as much as it does to us. Thanks to an error our necromancer friend made, I know where he's going next." He grins fiercely and wolfishly.

"Either that or it's a trap, which is why I say we bring along as much force as possible to break it from the inside. So, Child. Once your friend is safe, do you feel like getting revenge on our necromancer friend by beating him to his next target?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Sierra's Room

Her room is as she's left it. Grass Lightning slumps onto the bed, numb with shock and grief.

"...Thank you," she says to a silent room. "...thank you."

She looks at the two other women before her, and sighs. Her voice trembles, and her words ramble, as if once she's started talking, she'd be able to sweep away her emotions with a torrent of words.

"How did you hold off that necromancer, young lady? I know it's rude to ask, but I have to know. I can't bear not knowing as much as I can about my surroundings, and the people around me. It's what happens, you see, when the biggest event of your childhood is the takeover of your city by monsters. I can still remember them at the city walls, you know, and now they've come again into my home and took what I cared for the most..."

She sobs silently, refusing to let a sound escape her. Her hand reaches towards her bad leg, clutching at a particular spot, her fingers tensing and relaxing rhythmically.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

While all this is going on, Rose listens, frowning and staying near Skandi.

She speaks up suddenly. "We need to decide what to do about this. Until we know why Child and Grass Lightning are important, I think it would unwise for either of them to be alone."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Penumbra

Penumbra's eyes flash as she sees the realm woman with the hearthstone, but she does not react immediately. Are Realm hunters here as well? Hmm. No matter, I don't really care what they do. she decides. Filing the information away for later, Penumbra turns her gaze back to the burning building. The fire had just been put out, and now the building was simple left smoldering. A grim expression on her face, Penumbra starts to head down to the building, intent on picking up the trail of her foe. She strides on the air carefully, making as little noise as possible, and leaving no trace of her passage. She approaches the building, ready to enter through a shattered window, and prepared to avoid the scattered searchers so that she could beat them to her prey.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth roll, enhanced with invisibility and +1 difficulty from hearthstone. Penumbra is going to look through the house for signs of her prey, and will likely activate Infallible Barghest's Mien to perfectly track him if she does not encounter any difficulties along the way.

Penumbra sticks to the shadows, and so spends 2 motes to gain 4 dice to her stealth roll, due to Shadow Cloak Technique. It also doubles stunt dice.

8 Successes +1 from Hearthstone = 9 Successes on Stealth.
    (14d10)[3][7][2][6][8][7][4][1][9][8][10][1][6][9](81)
    (6d10)[3][8][6][10][7][6](40)
    Last edited by Incendius; 2012-06-01 at 10:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting. This man would face an Anathema, without much support? Perhaps there is more to him than meets the eye.

"Normally, I'd be all for going after him, but he's some kind of anathema. Fighting him may be a tad above our capabilities."
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Suspicion. Of course he'd suspect her motives; not many people outside the Bronze Faction really trusted Isa, and Child of Ruby and Steel was stubbornly independent. The wolf motif was what puzzled her. The necromancer, perhaps? Wolves were sometimes seen as harbingers of death.

She's taking too long. Chejop often chided her for being slow; acting in haste was unwise, but so was hesitating too long. If nothing else, Besi might wonder what was keeping her.

Maren tucks the note away and dropps awkwardly from the tree to the wall, circling around until she finds a stairway leading down into the fort. She keeps her staff on her back and her hands empty, in case someone sees and challenges her. None do. And look, a stroke of luck: there's Child, talking with Besi and several soldiers.

Maren approaches, halting a pace or two behind her supposed cousin and flashing Child an infinitesimally quick wink when she's sure nobody else is looking at her.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Sierra's Room

Her room is as she's left it. Grass Lightning slumps onto the bed, numb with shock and grief.

"...Thank you," she says to a silent room. "...thank you."

She looks at the two other women before her, and sighs. Her voice trembles, and her words ramble, as if once she's started talking, she'd be able to sweep away her emotions with a torrent of words.

"How did you hold off that necromancer, young lady? I know it's rude to ask, but I have to know. I can't bear not knowing as much as I can about my surroundings, and the people around me. It's what happens, you see, when the biggest event of your childhood is the takeover of your city by monsters. I can still remember them at the city walls, you know, and now they've come again into my home and took what I cared for the most..."

She sobs silently, refusing to let a sound escape her. Her hand reaches towards her bad leg, clutching at a particular spot, her fingers tensing and relaxing rhythmically.
    Sierra takes a deep breath as she rapidly decides what to say.
    "I... I think I just got lucky." she says, which is really true. "I have a powerful heirloom I can just about defend myself with, and... well, I guess he wasn't a good enough fighter to realise how bad of one I was."

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    "Normally, I'd be all for going after him, but he's some kind of anathema. Fighting him may be a tad above our capabilities."
    "He's hiding something, something key. I don't think he's as helpless as he looks..."

Skandi shrugs. "I'm God-Blooded, he's a fool, and" - he gestures to the starmetal bow - "we all know what you are."

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the GM will accept it, using Mirror-Sight Dismay backed by 5 motes into the Manipulation excellency to convince the five people in closest earshot (one of whom must be Child) that the belief "The speaker does not know Child's secret" is false.

No, Skandi has no idea what Child's secret is, aside from vaguely suspecting he's an Exalt. Forward momentum!

Actual Dice: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3549947/
    Specialty Dice: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3549950/
    Stunt Dice: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3549945/

Last edited by Aevylmar; 2012-06-03 at 12:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the Shadow present is another of Child's mixed blessings. It could indicate the Bronze is responsible for some of these actions, but it could also simply be fate, or the bureau investigating the sudden attacks. Best get together and pool information quickly, then.

Skandi's pronouncement does send a jolt of panic down his spine.
    He knows! Well, what does he know? The inner facade, or the deeper truth? Bluff, then, and see what comes out. More importantly

Taking a step backwards, Child looks at the Lookshy soldier with a level gaze, speaking calmly.
    "You've said many things, but I don't know if I can trust any of it. You've said you know where he's going, but not where or how you know this. Nevermind the fact that, though you've taken command of the fort, you don't quite seem to have a rank on your uniform. I have my secrets, yes, but I'd wager the Empress's Purse that you do as well. If you want to put our secrets to to the test, I'll be over by the wall."

Child walks off, hopeful that the Old Man's Shadow(he really should learn her name) got his message. Two Sidereals meeting unplanned only happens rarely, and almost always for big events. Hopefully she knows more about what's going on: he feels as if he's barely treading water.
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Maren glances curiously at the God-Blooded soldier. No, soldier wasn't quite the right word: warrior. To Isa's eye he stands out clearly. His stance, the practiced ease of his motions, the deference of the other soldiers, the way he looks at the world — it all conspires to say: here is someone who knows how to fight. Unless she misses her guess, he's in charge of the garrison here. Not wearing a Lookshy uniform, though. Interesting.

The woman standing a few paces away is almost as intriguing; she carries no weapon that Maren can see, but she has the look of someone who can fight with her bare hands, or a blade, or anything else that came to hand.

But she hasn't somehow ferreted out one of the Viziers. Who was the man, anyway? How would he know what to conclude even if Child had stumbled and given something away? Maren spares a moment to look after the retreating Child — if nobody else follows him, they could talk — but most of her attention goes to the God-Blooded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lotus Eye Tactics makes it Obvious that Skandi has Melee and War at 5 or higher; likewise for Rose and Martial Arts/Melee.

Also, Isa is using her Gemstone of Surface Thoughts to see what Skandi is thinking. Perception + Awareness:
    (10d10)[4][6][10][2][2][7][8][8][7][3](57)

26. - Top - End - #116

Skandi pauses and then apparently cheerfully follows Child, completely unaware that anyone can read his frantically scrambling mind...

"I told you, I'm not in charge. People just like my ideas," he said with a casual smile.

"Luna's legions of limbs, what have I gotten myself into? Guild official undercover doesn't explain this! Maybe I can still pose as part of his organization - probably not. He's a bad liar, I can use that, but sure as I'm Skandi the Wolf, I am in deep over my head. I need to find out what is going on."

"This could be a complicated trap for me or the other Exalt here. He could be another Deathknight, not the Solar or Terrestrial I guessed he was. Another Lunar, a renegade one? I haven't spotted his Tell, but that doesn't mean much..."

Spoiler
    Show
    The dance of "I'm doomed and I love it" is so much fun.
    Last edited by Aevylmar; 2012-06-03 at 04:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

How delightfully vague. And he's following me. What to do, what to do....

Reaching the wall, Child leans back on it, taking some weight off his legs. He also takes the cloth cover out of his bag and begins covering the bow, before talking to Skandi without looking at him.
    "But what is your position? Would the general Staff really allow you to go running off on a wild goose chase? And what is it that you really want?"
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #118

Skandi looks around with a smile, making sure nobody else has followed them. Once he can see that the coast is clear, he begins speaking quietly.

"All right, then. I'll go first. Officially speaking, I have no rank. I am not, after all, a citizen of Lookshy, and even unofficially my 'position' is comfortably vague. I'm an investigator, you could say."

He continues speaking, keeping his eyes on Child's expression, and he radiates nothing but cheerful good will.

"I'm here to keep the Confederation of Rivers stable and at peace, and so long as I don't cause any international incidents, I don't think the General Staff have any objections to how I go about it."

And now we get to what matters: What do I want? I want to stop this deathknight from framing Thorns for an attack on Lookshy, starting a war within the Confederation that could lead to the Realm retaking the River Province. I want to catch him and make him say who gave the order.

I know where he's going because there's another name on the list, and I haven't told you who or where because I want in on your investigation of him. He tried to kill you and did kill your friend's husband. I know you're going to go to your associates and hunt him down, and I am going to be one of the hunters.

Skandi turns and smiles vaguely into the distance. "And if there's another reason for me going after him, it's one you won't believe: I don't like it when people get away with mass murder, even Exalts. We half-divine know exactly how limited our power is. You... don't always.

"Now, I've told you my part, and while I know your true name and what association you belong to, I don't know what, ah, branch, or who you report to, or what... flavor your powers have, or even if any of your associates are around. Are you willing to share?"

"And the funny part is, the only real lie is that I'm god-blooded. Well, and that I have no clue what he is, aside from 'Exalted'. Now let's see how he responds..."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya gives the two unsettled women a compassionate look. There was a familiar sense about this, if even slightly. Aya leans against the nearby window giving occasional glances outside.

"Perhaps it was to your benefit then that our enemy was a fool," she says gently, "his apparent escape worries me, but I hope our ambitious men will be good enough to keep him from making another strike." Her eyes drift to Glass Lightning and the apparent pain she was feeling.

"Were you injured milady? Should I get someone to tend to it?" She asks moving slightly from the window. If it was something she could fix with her power... would she tell the room just want she was to do it?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Grass Lightning

She looks at Aya, and slowly shakes her head.

"My leg wound happened a long time ago. During the fall of Thorns. It was one of them."

She slips into the story easily and effortlessly, still trying to seek comfort in past pain rather than confront present tragedy.

"I was barely twelve when it happened. I lived on the streets then, and when the horde came, slaughtering all in his wake, I ran as fast as I could. But not quite fast enough."

The woman stares at Sierra for a moment.

"You, though...have blood on your clothes. If you are a healer, she looks as if she needs it most."

Penumbra

The fire and the horde of the bucket brigade have eliminated a great deal of evidence. But even still, there are enough traces of evidence for her to come to some conclusions.

The first of which was that her prey had dropped some sort of partial sheet of paper; the blood spatter patterns while dried are still intact enough for her to see that. Someone else (whose footprints are not like Lookshy's standard boots) has taken the sheet as well.

The second of which concerns the room from which the fire originated. The necromancer had obviously dashed in the former officer's quarters, but there are no footprints or other sort of evidence showing him leaving; an utter lack of trail. And yet upon examination of the door, -the scratches of the key, which was somewhat ill-fitting, show that it had been locked, then quickly unlocked from the inside.

The third conclusion is that the same sign that had briefly flared up outside had been seared into the desk by the initial burst of firedust. This was done deliberately, too; it was too certain and precise to be otherwise.
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-06-06 at 04:46 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2