New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,502 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The Return of the Scarlet Empress IC

What didn't... quite... happen, but could have, so easily...

Eris stops breathing.

Firi.

She's alive!

Not too late, not this time...

But Dragons, Firi's barely breathing herself. And so badly burned, the smell of bitter ash - she surely didn't get here on her own, in this condition. So then who...?

The Solar's spinning even as she hears the throat-clearing. Her gaze rakes the man in the doorway as he speaks. "Who the hell are you, and what are you doing with my sister?" Remembrance swings up to point at the newcomer's throat, the Eclipse's hands steady despite the massive weight of the blade, her green eyes cold as ice. "You have about ten seconds to explain, and do not dare try to lie to me."

The screaming blades he wears argue for one course of action, but his words are enough to hold judgement in abeyance, at least for a moment. If he's with Firi... another spy? The Sidereals had an agent...

Spoiler
    Show
    Judge's Ear Technique, then. Combo'ed with all my combat reflexives, of course.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-25 at 04:01 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Return of the Scarlet Empress IC

Zhou glances at the newcomer but, having convinced himself that whatever did this to Firida is no where to be found, slides Aurora back into it's sheathe and kneels at the wood aspect's side.

"Tepet Firada. Can you hear me?" he says, carefully examining her wounds. One benefit of being a Fire Aspect - he knew how to treat burns.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I need to roll anything, but intelligence + medicine anyway. And you know what? Spending a willpower point so I don't botch and accidentally kill her or something.

Note that this is my last willpower, so from now on, Zhou cannot actually act against his Valour or Compassion. Unless he got a stunt reward or something.

(5d10)[6][3][1][6][2](18)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.