New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Checking to make sure Thread Idea is OK

I want to create a thread in the Friendly Banter about Organ Donation, and I just wanted to check in with the Moderators to make sure that the Idea was Ok before creating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Advertising/LinkingAs noted above, commercial (for-profit) advertising is not allowed on GiantITP.com. However, you ARE permitted to post about or start threads advertising non-profit websites; either charity events or merely amateur/fan sites that do not sell anything. Please be sure to observe the rules governing Spam and multiple-thread cross-posting, however, and make sure your plug is in the most appropriate forum (usually Friendly Banter).

You may always advertise or link to works of art online, such as other webcomics, fiction sites, music sites, or anything else that generates original artistic content—even if that site also makes a profit off of that work. We don't want the rules against advertising to prevent people from discovering new creative works that they will love, and we don't want to penalize artists for trying to make a living off of their work. However, if a site only resells creative work and does not have any of that work available online, then it is primarily a commercial site and cannot be advertised here.
    This Section leads me to believe that it is OK, and this is the site I would provide a link to: http://donatelife.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

confused Re: Checking to make sure Thread Idea is OK

Couldn't you just PM a mod for this?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Checking to make sure Thread Idea is OK

Sheriff: You can certainly start a thread to discuss organ donation.

That said, I suspect that it will get political and/or religious very quickly, even if you avoid those issues in your original post.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex