Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss unhooks her crossbow from her side and loads a bolt into it.

    So...onward into the house then? Would you like me to go first?

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "If our more warfare-experienced think it wise to clear this place of foes, then I do believe it would be prudent to send someone learned in the silent arts in first." He hobbles forward, and lays a hand upon the drow's shoulder. "Good luck, young lady." With that, an almost electric feeling floods through her body for a brief instant, leaving her with that now-familiar jittery sense of paranoia that allows her an almost preternatural danger sense.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifest Power: Reflex (Time Expansion)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 3 pp, Isaac's Focus
    Target: Triss
    Effect: For two hours, Triss gains Improved Uncanny Dodge, and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex.
    PS: I recommend scouting slowly, using your standard each round to lower spell resistance. That way if combat starts, you won't have to spend an action lowering it to benefit from haste, as long as you delay until after Isaac's round.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss shivers in anticipation of the spell.

    She begins to move quietly and slowly through the house.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "We eagerly await your safe return. If there is indeed something in their, it would not do to face it alone." Arthros raises a hand in blessing as the drow departs.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss opens the door quietly. The fog has seeped through the broken windows and it is no easier to see inside than out. The house is in disarray, with shattered crockery and glass and destroyed furniture littering the floor. T'riss finds herself in an entry hall, with a tattered and torn mattress in a doorway to the left, and other doorways to the front and right.

    Spoiler
    Show


    The mattress is difficult terrain, the other furnature blocks movement, and there's other furniture about but it doesn't have tactical import.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-03 at 06:29 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, T'riss climbs over the mattress to take a look inside the first room.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to D2, look inside room. T'riss has darkvision up to 120ft.

    spot
    (d20+11)[29]

    listen
    (d20+11)[23]

    move silently
    (d20+8)[11]

    Hide
    (d20+8)[10]

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    As T'riss clambers over the mattress, she hears a gurgle and a hiss. She looks down as a small creature scampers from under the mattress. It's clearly a large rat, but the flesh from its tail has fallen off and the its fur is in tatters. One eye hangs from its socket, and both its ears have fallen—or been gnawed—off. It leaps at T'riss before she's able to properly defend herself, biting at her leg.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rat 1: 5-foot step to D3, attack T'riss (flatfooted)
    Attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5] plus DC 13 disease

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey cool! The rat doesn't even come close between her regular armor and the Professor's spells - bonus to AC and uncanny dodge! Woot!


    Dark Maiden protect us. Even the animals are cursed in this land!

    T'riss draws the sickle and attacks the rat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[20]

    dmg
    (1d6)[3]

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye

    Arya stands sentinel outside the house. She knew she had the skills of a hunter, as all her people did, but this elfin creature was swift as a shadow and would do her work better than Arya could, though she was loath to admit it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if Arya would be aware of the creature's arrival: if not ignore this and Arya stands outside.

    Listen: (1d20+6)[10]


    Hearing Triss's cry from within Arya darts in, blade already in hand, and leaps to her aid, sword flashing in a vicious arc.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to C3, attack rat: if rat is dead, move to E5 and attack rat.

    Attack roll: (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[17]
    Fire: (1d6)[3]
    Truedeath: (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-07-07 at 01:55 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya's strike nearly severs the undead rat's spine, though it still seems able to fight until T'riss finishes the job with a neat slice to its abdomen.

    A door opens ahead of you, and two zombies come shuffling out. The one that reaches the two warriors first is unable to attack before you are, but the second attacks Arya. The door of the cabinet swings open, battering Arya. The zombie that had been standing inside it leaps at Arya and slams into her.

    Other shuffling corpses—some humanoid, some rodent—shuffle toward the noise of battle, and some of them reach Arya and T'riss, nearly surrounding them. Two giant maggots, like those you saw devouring the corpse of Viktor Lutmonova, crawl around a corner into view as well, though they do nothing else but drip their toxic saliva on the ground in anticipation of a meal

    Finally, just as the others are about to enter. A gaunt corpse steps into the doorway the first zombies had been hiding behind. It glares at T'riss, but nothing happens. At least not yet.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Z1: Open cabinet (equivalent to trip, (1d20+4)[8]), attack Arya
    Attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11] plus DC 13 disease
    Z2: Open door, move to D3
    Z3: Move to D4, attack Arya (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9] plus DC 13 disease
    Z4: Move to D5
    R2: Move to E3, attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3] plus DC 13 disease
    R3: Move to E2 (provoking AoO from T'riss), attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3] plus DC 13 disease
    R4: Move to E5
    R5: Attack T'riss, 5-foot step to F1
    Attack: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4] plus DC 13 disease
    R6: Attack Arya (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5] plus DC 13 disease
    M1: Move to E4
    M2: Move to F4
    D1: Move to D7

    Note: Just because a creature is on the map doesn't mean your character can see it. Please keep LoS in mind when taking actions and try not to metagame.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    August advances to the doorway, taking in the sudden profligacy of foes. Touching a finger to the raven around his neck, he casts his other arm out and closes his fist with a definitive motion. Once again, the mist in the house turns on its inhabitants, seeking to draw them back into its embrace.

    "Seek not to face them on their own ground; if the grey light of day is enough to keep those in the other buildings from seeking us out, 'twould serve us better to draw these into the open and meet them at the door."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to C0. Clinging Darkness centred at D6/E7, DC17 Reflex save or be immobilized. Save is repeated every round on the enemies' turn.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Aye, I'd rather not be surrounded again. T'riss says. I'm a lot more efficient if I can move around these cursed cretures.

    She backs out the door, releasing the crossbow bolt at one of the zombies as she does.

    OOC:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves out the door, to B0 (moving through friendly square), shoots crossbow at Z2 before moving.

    (1d20+9)[28]
    (1d4+1)[3]

    versatile combatant allows me to shoot w/o provoking AoO

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Get out of there, if they follow we make them pay for it." Aswin summoned Drifa to his side, and the white wolf bared her fangs, ready to rip apart anything shambling out the door.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  14. - Top - End - #374
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arthros follows the others to the sounds of battle, hoping they weren't wrong to reject his idea.

    Spoiler
    Show
    not sure if he is up in the initiative yet, so he'll get closer, just to the door. C -3
    Last edited by stack; 2012-07-09 at 07:00 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Isaac once again speed his companions upon hearing the sound of battle. It was easier now, even with the fatigue of a poor night's rest; he was becoming more accustomed to this place so far away from his London study.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Manifest Haste
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 6 power points
    Augments: Enhance, Mass x3
    Targets: Arya, Triss, Drifa, Aswin
    Effect: The targets gain a +1 bonus to Attack, Reflex, and AC (dodge), as well as a 30' enhancement bonus to move speed, and an extra attack on a full attack action, for 6 rounds.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The shadows August conjured grasp all within their reach, holding them fast. With this opportunity, the two fighters inside retreat, with Arya attacking one of the zombies before moving to guard the doorway.

    Looking at the darkness that traps his fellows and the forces arrayed outside, the robed corpse in the back of the room issues a guttural screech that crashes into you like wind coming off a glacier. All the creatures but the maggots cease their struggles, and the undead cratures not trapped by August's spell fill the space between Arya and the rest. Then, as one horrible being, the creatures scream, hiss, and gurgle at you menacingly.

    The caster in the back of the room then points at Arya with a dessicated finger. A sickly green ray spurts from its finger at Arya and as it strikes her she feels a chilling lassitude spread through her limbs.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Arya: Attack Z2
    Attack: (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[13] plus (1d6)[5] fire plus (1d6)[1] truedeath
    Z1: Move to C2
    Z2: Nothing
    Z3: Nothing
    Z4: Nothing
    R2: Nothing
    R3: Move to D1
    R4: Nothing
    R5: Move to D2
    R6: Move to C3
    M1: Reflex save vs. clinging darkness (1d20+4)[9] (next turn: (1d20+4)[16])
    M2: Reflex save vs. clinging darkness (1d20+4)[9] (next turn: (1d20+4)[11])
    D1: Ray of Enfeeblement SLA on Arya
    Attack: (1d20+18)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7] Strength penalty (duration 6 minutes

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Freeing the glowing glass orb from the twist of cloth at his waist, August raises it in front of him, and his eyes seem to reflect and magnify the light as it surges in brilliance momentarily, sending a beam cutting through the gloom at the lurking caster. Stepping back as the orb fades back its usual warm glow, he makes way for his more martially-inclined companions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Draw Radiant Orb, 2-charge shot at the deathlock.
    Ranged touch: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (6d6)[17]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "It seems a good place to take our stand. Let's see that we maintain our defenses." He steps toward Aswin, laying a hand on him. "Evil shall fear to approach."

    Spoiler
    Show
    magic circle against evil, +2 deflection AC in a 10' radius, 60 minutes
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, assumed Arya had attacked for the round, my mistake


    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Standing in the doorway, Arya wove her sword in a blazing arc, striking all about in a frenzy. This was what she was made for she knew, and the unadulterated violence that she felt, not curbed by worry or fear, this calmed her and let her release all her primal strength. She may have been weakened by the magics of the foes, but she knew her sword would strike true.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Burning Blade
    Full Attack: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+1)[8] -1 due to strength penlaty
    Fire: (2d6+4)[10]
    Truedeath: (1d6)[2]

    Full Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (2d6+1)[11] -1 due to strength penalty
    Fire: (2d6+4)[8]
    Truedeath: (1d6)[3]
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-07-10 at 05:21 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "You'll get yourself killed if you just stand there alone against the flood." Aswin climbed on the back of Drifa, and then simply grabbed Arya from behind, lifting her up with brute strength and dropping her more or less gently down again a bit removed from the undead horde. "Give them a little room to come out, or our magic will exhaust before their numbers do."

    Spoiler
    Show
    delay after Arya

    pick her up and drop her into D-2

    Drifa readies an action to attack first enemy in range
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Delay: Delay turn until after zombies, and then...
    Standard Actoin: Opportunity, Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 2 power points, Psionic Focus
    Target: Aswin
    Effect: Aswin gains a free attack, followed by a second free attack at th beginning of Isaac's next turn.

    Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus.


    Note: Haste has 5 rounds remaining.
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-07-10 at 10:19 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Come Vermin...Come in the light!

    T'riss smiles.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: (Sorry, map took a day to show up on my computer!)

    (Assuming she has Line of Sight on R5, she'll load and shoot her crossbow at it.)

    (1d20+9)[13]
    (1d4+1)[3]

    If no line of sight, she'll hold until something comes out and then shoot.

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya's attack decapitates the undead rodent, though it still seems as animated as ever, and the ray from August's orb burns a hole in the caster's torso. It collapses in a cloud of ash and for a moment it seems it will not arise. Its head snaps up, however, and it hauls itself up, leaning on the doorjam. It moans malignantly, and feebly stretches its hand out. Dark bolts fly from its fingers and fly inexorably at August, one slamming into his chest and another into each of his arms.

    Apparently in response to the caster's moan, the zombie closest to the door steps forward. It is attacked by Drifa and tumbles to the ground, but still manages to do what it intended: close the door in your face.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Z1: Move to C1, close door
    Drifa's readied attack: (1d20+14)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[17]
    Trip: (1d20+12)[30]
    Zombie's trip: (1d20+4)[10]
    D1: Magic Missile SLA on August (3d4+3)[8]

    New effective initiative order:
    1. Badguys
    2. Isaac (doesn't go this round because of delaying)
    3. Arthros
    4. August
    5. Arya
    6. Aswin
    7. T'riss

    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-13 at 08:49 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk KNight

    Feeling distinctly disgruntled at being manhandled by the human, Arya restrains an urge to hiss at him.

    "We had them on the backfoot. It would not do to have alerted them to our presence and then leave them to waken others of their kind."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to be busy over weekend (without internet) so won't manage to post till monday sometime. Sorry. If important, Arya will suggest attacking again, but go with group decision.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Knocked back a few steps by the deathlock's spell, August shakes off the blow and holds up the orb once more. "Ah, their dislike of the day is greater than I thought. Perhaps we ought to prepare ourselves for a strike with bow and spell, and eliminate the leader? If he is gone, it seems that perhaps the rest will not show the initiative to strike at us while we are escorting Nicolae."

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step to C-1, ready an action to hit the deathlock with a charge from the Radiant Sphere as soon as anyone opens the door.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss blinks in surprise as the Zombie closes the door on them.

    "That was unexpected." She says. "I agree with Arya, we had them surprised, we must finish the job, else they will eventually come out and attack the others."

    As she speaks, she moves a crystal from her rapier and attaches it to her crossbow.

    "There that should make the bow a bit more effective."

    Glancing around the area, "Though I'd wish we could draw them out here, I fear we must fight them in the enclosed space of the house...hmm...unless...perhaps the earlier suggestion of setting it aflame would force the vermin out?"

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "We should hope that fire does not drive them out, but we are not so fortunate. let us check quickly for any other exits so they cannot escape unmarked. Then let us get torches and fire the roof."

    "If we are still not willing to do that, than let us take a moment to heal before trying to draw them out."
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    A quick check around the house reveals no doors, but several windows and a cellar exit some yards behind it. You are uncertain, however, whether the cellar exit belongs to this house, and if so, whether it connects to the house proper.

    The cellar exit is locked or barred from the inside.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    I am slightly wounded, Arthros, as is Arya, I think.

    She smiles for a moment...but atleast I am moving!

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "I think there is little value in burning this house. If their behaviour is any indication, anything that separates this house from the others is something we must seek within. If we wish only to destroy the shades, we could as well burn the entire town to the same effect. Nay, 'tis either destroy the leader and leave, or kill them one by one and find out why they frequent this place. That locked cellar door calls to mind the possibility of living townspeople hiding below."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-07-16 at 09:44 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •