Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    A vision flashes before Isaac's eyes, sudden clarity granted. Why was it he dreamt of the furred warrior so often?

    The graceful warrior is charging forward, sword ready for a brutal swing...but she does not note the outcropping cobblestone. Does not take into account her sudden stumble. Mighty momentum is lost, and her great sword swings wide, missing the creature entirely, and leaving her vulnerable to its vile attentions.

    No...No! That's not how its supposed to go. Not here...not now.

    She stands stout against the loathsome, disgusting bugs, and does not falter. Rage shines in her eyes when she brings her sword down, hard enough to cut one of the creatures in half, using the momentum to swing at its companion. She had avoided the outcropping stone, dancing a step to the left as she charged. That was the moment of honor, courage, and glory he had seen, and it would triumph. There is no failure in this moment; cannot be. This was the fate he had seen in his dream.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prescience Die: Arya (20)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+12)[13] -> (1d20+12)[32] (Crit!)
    Damage roll: (2d6+6)[16]
    Fire Damage: (2d6+4)[13]
    Truedeath Crystal: (1d6)[2]

    The catfolk knight's attack result is changed from a natural 1 to a natural 20. She threatens a critical hit instead of automatically missing. If this kills the maggot, she'll also be granted a Cleave attack against its friend.
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-13 at 11:34 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya neatly cleaves one of the maggots in two, but its rudimentary nervous system seems not to have noticed. While its rear half writhes and spews fluid upon which it is best not to meditate, its front half lunges at Arya. Finally it seems to recognize its peril and crawls just out of the knight's reach.

    Both of T'riss's weapons find their targets, and though she seems at first to have skewered some sort of vital organ, the maggot's translucent skin reveals that it shifted out of the way just in time, and the only damage is a hole that oozes a nearly-clear fluid.

    Aswin and Drifa make quick work of the zombie that T'riss had previously injured, but suddenly several doors fling open and zombies move out. One rushes at T'riss, another at Arthros, and still another at Isaac. From the broken wall at the alley appears another that lurches toward Aswin and Drifa and brings its heavy arms down toward Aswin. The less bifurcated maggot attacks T'riss, its chitinous jaw dripping mucus that cannot possibly be healthsome.

    Finally, just as you are about to mount a counterattack, you hear a rustling of wings and a screeching laughter from one of the rooftops. As you turn to look, you see two heads borne aloft on batlike wings. They are human-nearly, but the skin is charcoal black and in places falling off to reveal white bone beneath. One of the creatures flies out to the crossroad, and emits a penetrating screech that makes you cringe in pain. The other, obviously spotting an easy victim, attacks Issac from behind.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Zombie 1: Move to K6, standard action attack Aswin.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    Zombie 2: Open door, move to H6.
    Zombie 4: Open door, move to P6.
    Zombie 5: Open door, move to S7.
    Maggot 1: 5-foot step to E6, attack T'riss (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4] and Fort DC 14 paralysis
    Maggot 2: Attack Arya, then 5-foot step to E8
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8] and Fort DC 14 paralysis
    Vargouille 1: Fly to I7 (height 20'), Screech (everyone make Fort DC 12 or paralysis).
    Vargouille 2: Fly to T7 (height 5'), attack Isaac:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage: (1d4)[2] and Fort DC 12 or poison (unable to heal this wound).
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-14 at 01:25 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Isaac cringes at the bite, but it isn't so bad. The fangs barely pierce through his laboratory coat. He closes his eyes, visualizing the battlefield. Really, it was just a chessboard...and his companions were his pieces.

    King threatened by Pawn 2. So...castle on Queen side.

    "Transposition!" the professor calls, pointing at Arya. Suddenly, reality tugs at the cat, and vision blurs, quickly replaced by a new scene: the winged head is right before her, enemies delivered fresh to her blade.

    "Opportunity" The word echoes, distorted once more.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Transposition, Linked Opportunity (Defensive Manifestation: Take 15 (success))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 2 power points, Psionic Focus, Vesper's Psionic Focus
    Target: Arya and Isaac
    Effect: Arya and Isaac switch places. At the beginning of Isaac's next turn, Arya is granted a free basic attack.

    Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus
    Free Action: Vesper regains Psonic Focus using full round.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Surprised to have the zombie so close, Arthros throws a hand up defensively, instinctively channeling the positive energy that infuses him into a blow as he ducks around to the side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    cast defensively cure serious wounds delivered by touch attack, holding the charge on a miss

    concentration to cast defensively (1d20+11)[24] vs DC 18
    attack (1d20+4)[21] vs touch
    30 damage, will save DC 18 for half
    5'step to P8
    Last edited by stack; 2012-05-14 at 07:44 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Aswin looked back and forth, trying to decide where to turn; their casters likely needed help the most, but if he turned back T'riss and Arya would be on their own and surrounded. They are worthy warriors as well; I have to trust their strength. Grant them thy favor, Thor. Ignoring the zombie next to him, he brought his wolf around to attack the shambling zombies threatening Arthos and Isaac. Drifa bit at the leg of one of them, and Aswin let the power of Asgard flow into his hammer, striking it down at the other one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Note to everyone: I interrupted my Inspire Courage when I talked to T'riss, but it persists for 5 turns afterward

    Ride to Q7/R8, provoking AoOs from Z1 and Z4

    Drifa bites Z4
    (1d20+16)[33] (1d8+13)[15] trip - (1d20+12)[14]

    Aswin smites Z1, PA for 3
    (1d20+16)[25] (2d6+16)[22] ignores first 6 DR if Drifa trips Z4
    if Drifa fails to trip Aswin trips Z1 if hit (1d20+14)[21]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    With light in one hand, August holds the other up at an equal distance, and a radiant darkness to match the orb's brilliance takes form. Balanced as the crone's hands had been, when she accepted him as a student, as he had replicated countless times with lesser tricks. Even in the middle of battle as they are, he takes a moment just to gaze at the line in between, where the two powers contested. Here, with power resonating through him every time he but reached out a hand to the void-that-was-not, it had been hard to see that. Even now, what he truly held in his right hand was not darkness, but dissolution, the loss of potential futures; one of his most potent abilities, which he had used to steal the barest margin of victory from his most fearsome foe.

    Here? Here, he was almost eager to see the effects of its tainted power. He swings his fist into the zombie's chest, and the energy spikes outward in all directions, forming lines of dust throughout the creature's form, before withdrawing to infuse his gauntlet again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Channeling an Umbral Touch to attack Z5.
    Touch attack: (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage: (5d6)[23]

    Eesh, even with touch attacks August can't hit anything. I'd say I should just stick to area effects, but they're not much use with everyone spread out.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-05-14 at 09:29 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Triss is surprised as zombies seem to come crawling out of the woodworks. She shivers at the winged creatures scream.

    Glancing around, she steps over the body to get away from the Maggots bite, she turns and attacks the zombie with her rapier.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    5 step to G7

    Attack Zombie2

    (1d20+11)[24]
    [roll}1d6+5[/roll]

    Hasted attack

    (1d20+11)[18]
    [roll}1d6+5[/roll]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Arya thrilled in her brutal destruction of the creature, but could not stop her hope turning to ash when the creature assailed her again. Still she had dealt it a terrible blow, and she felt she had the upperhand (and the only ones in this fight).
    Suddenly, she felt a tugging, somewhere within her body and then the world was rushing by and she stood back where she had been minutes before, but with fresh enemies to face. She sensed it was more of Isaac's or Arthros's magic, but that helped her little, so facing her knew foes, she hefted her sword and swung.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks against vargouille 2, and the zombie (5) if the first attack kills it.
    Full attack
    Attackroll 1 (3 points in power attack): (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+12)[19]
    Fire: (1d6)[4]
    Truedeath:(1d6)[4]

    Attackroll 1 (3 points in power attack): (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+12)[22]
    Fire: (1d6)[2]
    Truedeath:(1d6)[2]


  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Your swords swing true: Arya swiftly dispatches one of the shreeking heads, and T'riss, Aswin, and Drifa leave several of the zombies missing body parts, and one flat on the ground.

    Your magic, on the other hand, was less successful. Arthros manages to channel positive energy into one of the walking corpses, but it fails to do much to stop it, August stumbles as he misses the zombie by a foot or so, and Isaac...

    Isaac's power put himself between a rock and a hard place. (Strictly speaking, between a demon, a zombie, and the larva of some insect you would prefer never to see.) The zombie mercifully ignores him, but not so the others. As Arya cuts down the shreeking head that had previously poisoned Isaac, the one high up in the middle of the square issues a scream containing all the anger, hate, and mourning of the lower planes. Unable to reach its mate's murderer, it dives at the nearest target that doesn't have a sword: Isaac.

    Finally, the maggots react. The less bifurcated one crawls toward T'riss and lunges at T'riss. Through its skin, she can see the writhing muscles, the viscera, the yellow blood pulsing through its veins. And then it bites.

    The other's nervous system seems to be trying desperately to decide whether food or escape is more important. Eventually it seems to make a decision and moves toward Isaac, leaving a trail of haemolymph, organs, and bits of flesh from its now-cut open stomach behind it. It bites hungrily at the professor.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Z1: Move to H7, standard action attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    Z2: Standard action attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Z4: Stand (provoking AoOs from Aswin, Drifa, and Arthros), standard action attack Arthros
    Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]
    Z5: Standard action attack Arya
    Attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    V1: Charge to I9 (5' high), attack Isaac
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d4)[4] and Fort DC 12 or poison (unable to heal this wound).
    M1: 5' step to F7, attack T'riss (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6] and Fort DC 14 paralysis
    M2: 5' Step to E9, attack Isaac (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7] and Fort DC 14 paralysis
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-14 at 11:02 PM. Reason: The forum doesn't like Notepad's wordwrap

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Stepping back and spinning around, August strikes the second zombie with an open palm, five lashes of dust spreading from his fingers. "I can finish these two; go to T'rissaste and Isaac!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step to Q6, attack Z4.
    Touch attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (5d6)[20]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Isaac is smart enough to see a bad situation coming. He counted on the fact that the zombie and mostly-alive maggot would continue to focus on the scout...he had -hoped- that the bug that got sliced in half would just slither off. The words come to his lips as soon as the head screeches, flapping towards him, but this is no supernatural spell.

    "Vesper! Kinetic shields! NOW!"

    "Confirmed"
    Suddenly, bright white light snaps forth from the crystal-studded sphere, like a crashing wave that stops short, about 30' from the AI. The vargouille and the maggot are stymied, their blows stopped, bright flashes lighting up between the professor and his assailants, deflecting them entirely.

    The professor's situation, is still quite dire, however. His eyes snap to Triss, surrounded on nearly all sides, and then back to his allies, fighting a winning battle...yet it seemed so far away.

    King in check, queen to be taken next round. Situation dire, checkmate in two moves. So...cheat.

    "DIMENSION HOP!" The professor shouts the words with a vigor that he'd known last in his youth. The mental chessboard is rearranged suddenly, and with it, the professor and the dark elf are swept away from their foes to the safety of their comrades, the sudden change in position unnerving.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Triggered Effect: Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Target: Arya
    Effect: The catfolk recieves a free basic attack.

    Standard Action: Dimension Hop (DC 21 Will, Defensive)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 5pp, Psionic Focus
    Augments: Mass x2, Psi Concentration
    Targets: Isaac, Trissaste, Maggot 2
    Effect: Isaac teleports to M8, Trissaste teleports to L7, Maggot 2 teleports 35 feet upwards with failed Will.

    Move Action: Move to O9

    Vesper's Immediate Action (Previous Round): Protection Devotion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effect: All allies within 30' of Vesper (located in Isaac's square) gain a +3 sacred bonus to AC for one minuite.

    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-15 at 12:27 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Arya cared not for the tamperings of witches, and even when thrown into the midst of fresh enemies ahd been undaunted. Her balde sang as she tore down the flying beast, and fresh with slaughter she struck out at the zombie in front of her as well.
    She swung and leapt, revelling as she slew all about her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cleave Attack from last round. On zombie 5.

    Attack roll (3 points of power attack): (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+12)[18]
    Fire: (1d6)[1]
    True death: (1d6)[6]


    Spoiler
    Show
    If/Then

    If the zombie 5 dies from cleave attack Arya will move to P6 and attack zombie 4. If zombie 5 isn't dead she will move to T7 and full attack him.

    Attack roll (3 points of power attack): (1d20+9)[28] (Edit: Critical threat, but assuming zombies are immune)
    Damage: (2d6+12)[22]
    Fire: (1d6)[3]
    True death: (1d6)[2]

    (If full attack)
    Attack roll (3 points of power attack): (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+12)[23]
    Fire: (1d6)[1]
    True death: (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-05-15 at 05:43 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The Norse warrior nodded at August after crushing the skull of the zombie trying to regain its feet. Now having a clear path, he turned Drifa around the way he came to free Isaac and T'riss from their predicament, but they were whisked away before he even arrived. Old man makes it tough for me to shield him if he keeps doing that whenever I move to help him.
    With a shrug, he continued on, Aswin and Drifa each marking a zombie as their target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride to H5/I7, again provoking an AoO

    Drifa bites Z1
    (1d20+16)[32] (1d8+13)[17] trip - (1d20+12)[23]

    Aswin smites Z2, PA 4
    (1d20+15)[32] (2d6+17)[26] ignores first 6 DR, or, if Drifa fails to trip
    free trip - (1d20+14)[17]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-07-15 at 04:29 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arthros takes an un-aimed swing at the rising zombie, staff going wide as he receives a glancing blow. His assailant quickly dispatched by others, he stays close to the large warrior, looking about to see if anyone is in immediate need. Seeing that all are still on their feet, he waits, knowing his skill swill be needed soon enough.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move to K-7, no further actions
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss suddenly finds herself transported away from the creatures. Glancing around, she realizes she has room to run! Seeing the professor besieged, she runs toward Aswin and Drifa.

    "Thank you!"
    she shouts into the air, as she endeavors to come to the Professors rescue in turn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:

    If Z1 still alive, Move to H8 and attack him.
    If not, moves to G8 and attacks V1

    (1d20+11)[13]
    (1d6+1)[7]
    +4 additional dmg if zombie
    (1d6)[4] crystal (if zombie)
    (d26)[13] skirmish (affects either)

    AC jumps to 21 (24 if Vesper's AC bonus counts when she moves in range)

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Isaac's translocation manages to finally kill the maggot Arya had cut in half, splattering it across the cobblestones. Two zombies, likewise, fall to August's touch and Arya's sword. Drifa manages to trip one of the remaining zombies, and Aswin's hammer crushes the chest of another, though the necromantic power animating it is not slowed.

    T'riss's attack misses, and she is suddenly the subject of counter attacks, from the zombie Drifa tripped, the still-crawling maggot, and the winged skull. The venomous saliva dripping from the latter two's jaws bodes ill for her chances of survival if she is bitten.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Z1: Stand (provokes AoOs from T'riss, Drifa, and Aswin), standard action attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Z2: Standard action attack Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    V1: Attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage: (1d4)[3] and Fort DC 12 or poison (unable to heal this wound).
    M1: 5' step to H8, attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10] and Fort DC 14 paralysis
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-15 at 06:21 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Arya hissed, all around her had fallen to her blade and she was triumphant. But there was no time to celebrate: there were still her original foes to vanquish. Feeling a sense of Deja Vu, Arya once again ran up the street sword in hand, and leaping over August (dramatic effect) she landed agilely and speared forwards, sword out thrust.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade against Zombie 1.
    Concentration (1d20+13)[16]
    Attack roll (2 points of power attack): (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+10)[15]
    Fire: (1d6)[4]
    True death: (1d6)[4]
    (If conc beats Z1 AC) Nightmare blade (1d6)[2]

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The professor hobbles forward with his cane in an effort to ensure that his allies were kept in the radius of Vesper's shield. The battle still rages...but from here on out, it looks mostly like cleanup. Well, except for Trissaste...how did she manage to get three of the creatures attacking her again?

    "Opportunity." The word sounds weaker, the battles taking their toll on an old man unused to such stress and strain...but the magic is no less efficacious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move forward 15 feet to L8
    Standard Action: Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 1pp
    Target: Drifa
    Effect: Drifa immediately takes a single basic attack.



    Note: Down to 33pp out of 65 total.
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-15 at 07:25 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Smiling as he feels the shade turn to dust under his hand, August ducks under the cursed girl's exuberant leap, following her down the street and looking for an opening. In truth, he didn't expect to find one before the battle was won; his new companions were some of the strongest warriors he had ever fought against or alongside. None of them seemed to see anything unusual in their own power; as familiar as this place had seemed to him at first, he seemed to become the odd one out the more he discovered.

    But still... it didn't matter. For all he worried about the nature of the balance in this world, one anomaly, however terrifying, did not mean that every rule of the world was broken. Their quest was still intact, as was his, and that meant he simply needed to follow the paths he could find.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unhasted as August is, he can't do much this round. Move to K6, ready action to move next to any enemy that does something to provoke an AoO.
    (If needed)
    Touch: (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage: (5d6)[18]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ssussun Pholor Dos! T'riss curses vehemently as both her attacks miss.

    Stay dead already.

    As the zombie stands up, she attacks it.

    (AoO on Zombie)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[14]
    (1d6+5)[7]


    She continues to wield her blade but you can see her wounds are getting to her. Even as she fights, she looks for a way to back away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    IF Thens,

    If Arya & the AoO's don't kill the Zombie:
    Attack Z1
    (1d20+11)[31]
    (1d6+1)[3]
    +4 dmg undead

    If Zombie Dead, attack M1.
    If M1 dead, attack V1

    Hasted attack follow same order:
    (1d20+11)[22]
    (1d6+1)[5]

    After attacks, 5 step to I8.

    Last edited by Fireheart; 2012-05-16 at 11:29 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arthors watches his newfound companions fight, admiring their great skill. I have seen more than a few adventurers in the past, these certainly can hold there own among them. I pray I can return home to tell the tale.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Triss currently at 21/42? If so, I'll wait to heal since SR can be lowered out of combat. If she's worse than that, add 1 for the healing aura and Arthros will move to I-9 and CLW for 19 HP (20 total)

    CL check (1d20+6)[16]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    With the zombies fallen, Drifa and Aswin strode forward at the maggot and strange winged creature in the corner. Once again the hammer came down, striking at the vile creatures with divine might.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ride to F7/G8, provoking from maggot

    Drifa attacks M1 (1d20+16)[31] (1d8+13)[14] trip - (1d20+12)[30]

    Aswin smites V1 (1d20+15)[25] (2d6+17)[22] trip - (1d20+14)[29]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The remaining zombies fall to Arya's sword and Drifa's fangs, and though the maggot lunges at Aswin, it misses wildly and Drifa tosses it on its back. Or side; it's rather hard to tell the difference. The winged head screeches in pain as Aswin's hammer crushes it, and it burns, producing an oily, acrid smoke.

    The now totally disoriented maggot makes a clumsy lunge toward Arya before burrowing into the earth.

    With your enemies all now dead, destroyed, or fled, you are free to press on to the town's center.

    Spoiler
    Show
    One last attack from M1: (1d20+4)[13] (1d8+2)[4]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-16 at 01:52 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Again Arya found herself wiping her blade on a corpse and losing the battle fervour. She was still on edge, but she found she could stay alert without the tension the battle fervour brought. To have two such brutal (if short) fights in such a short space of time would be wearying, and she hoped that the group would not be tested as constantly, though there was little hope of that if they continued.

    Yet continue they must. Arya took position behind Issac, knowing that the others were capable of leading, and Triss the most confident in the scouting role, and Arya knew she could come to their aid if any of them were threatened.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arthros looks around, half expecting more zombies to burst from the buildings. "Lovely place. Maybe I'll build a vacation home here."

    "I suppose we ought tend to wounds before pressing on. I fear to discover just how many more of these are in our path. And it is not just zombies and carrion beasts either."
    He toes one of the flying heads, then tends to the drow (again).

    Spoiler
    Show
    using one more cure minor to bring T'riss up to 38. Aswin has enough HP that I don't think spending my last orision will matter, so he can wait until he needs a CLW.
    Spells remaining:

    1 -0th
    5 -1st
    7 -2nd
    3 -3rd

    not to shabby, depending on how many fights are left before resting. Protection from Evil and mass conviction should hold us for awhile yet.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-05-16 at 02:09 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Isaac slumps against the wall of a nearby house, and pulls down the side of his labcoat, and the shirt beneath. He reveals the pair of holes where the winged head had bitten him...and the sight isn't pretty. Though the wound itself is not great, the flesh around it has turned an ugly blu-ish black. It has already begun to scap over with a crusty jet matter.

    The old professor frowns, and paces his hand over the wound, whispering silently. "Mend..." The flesh tightens slightly as his body's natural healing is accelerated...only to find that the wound remains, if looking a -little- better. The black-blue hue still lingers in a halo around it.

    He approaches Arthros soon after. Bit of a...conundrum old chap. That...headless...-thing- gave me a nasty bite, and it will not heal, even with my own attentions. Have you ever seen such a wound?"
    Concern is etched across his visage, fearing the worst. "Dying from some infection in this godforsaken place would certainly put a damper on my studies."

    Once Arthros has given his diagnosis, the professor will approach Trissaste. "You, on the other hand, appear to have a death wish. There is something I can aid you with, I believe."
    The man reaches forth with a shaky hand, laying it upon her shoulder. "Reflex..." As soon as the word spills from his lips, a tingle would rush from where he touched upon her shoulder throughout the entirity of her slender form, all the way down to her toes. Movements are fast, twitches occassionally felt in her hands, heart beating faster. The world seems much sharper now, a faint paranoia felt; she'd react to dangers, even those unseen, with superhuman speed now, granted fleeting, shadowy visions of the next second or so of her own future.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifest Power: Mend (Time Expansion)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 1pp, Psionic Focus
    Target: Issac
    Effect: Fast Healing 1 for 6 rounds

    Manifest Power: Reflex (Time Expansion)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 3pp, Psionic Focus
    Target: Trissaste
    Effect: The drow gains +2 dodge AC, +2 dodge reflex, and her Uncanny Dodge is upgraded to Improved Uncanny Dodge for 2 hours.

    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-16 at 03:25 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    As Arthros once again heal's T'riss, she bows deeply in respect.

    Belíla dos. She says seriously. Thank you.

    She turns to Isaac, And to you as well. The moving of one from place to place is...interesting.

    I do not have a death wish, she says, I simply seem to be in positions that allow me to attack many enemies at once. After he moves to cast another spell on her, she pauses to take in the new feeling. "My thanks again." she says, She pauses thoughtfully, Though if I could move between enemies it would be more effective.


    And to you as well Belíla dos., she says glancing to Awin, August and Arya. "You fight well, and you too." she adds to the Wolf with a half-smile.

    She shakes for a second as she tries to wipe some of the blood and goo from her face and clothes.

    Blessed Lady, I hate undead.

    Afterwards, she reloads her crossbow and once everyone else is ready, takes lead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Moves in case I don't get a chance to write tonight/tomorrow

    [roll1d20+8[/roll] hide
    [roll1d20+8[/roll] move silently

    [roll1d20+11[/roll] spot
    [roll1d20+11[/roll] listen

    OOC2: that's a lot of A's!
    Last edited by Fireheart; 2012-05-16 at 03:39 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    @Stack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognized--or at least thought you recognized--the flying heads as Vargouilles, though these are considerably more... tainted than the ones you are familiar with. If you recall correctly, their venom causes bite wounds to remain open and bleeding, but can be neutralized like any other toxin.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Unfortunately, the conjuration of a bath is not within my abilities, but fret not; we need only render the rest of these shades to dust to return this town to some part of its old self, and that is well within our abilities." Tossing the glowing sphere high into the air, August seems to fade slightly before it comes down, and he nods. "It is nearly dark. Once night falls in truth, I will guide us, for I bear a faerie ring, and the ebon hours are my ally; the only one who could see me without light was the giant Truth, and I took his eyes two years past."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The old man seems contemplative, his cane clicking against the cobbles as they proceed into the oppressive fog. "I have been thinking, August. What more can any of you tell me about this creatures? They were formerly human...well, most of them, right? What is the vector of this infection? How have them come to -be-? Do they procreate? Are we at risk ourselves of becoming a...zombie?" He turns his gaze down as he walks. "My kingdom for a microscope..."
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-16 at 05:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •