Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    @Mahrke:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's buried; you don't have line of effect. Also, I forgot this rule in the last battle, but teleportation can't move someone so that they're hanging in the air. The maggot was nearly dead anyway and it was a pretty awesome feat, so I didn't think about the fact that being able to do 14d6 damage on a failed will save is a bit too much for a level 6 character.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-19 at 01:24 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "If some yet live, then we must go to them. Aswin, let not these shades hinder your advance; these lesser creatures will not stand against us long." Punctuating his words with a wave of his hand, August ignites another wall of black fire around the left side of the barricade, the flames crackling with the freezing of flesh in place of the snapping of wood.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Black Fire, in L8-L9-M9-M10-N10-O10. 3d6 cold damage to each of the zombies, Reflex DC16 to avoid.
    Z4: (3d6)[8]
    Z3: (3d6)[16]
    Z8: (3d6)[13]
    Z7: (3d6)[12]
    Z9: (3d6)[11]

    (And also possibly blocking LoS for the deathlock? Not sure whether the spell would be substantial enough; your call, really.)

    Z3 will also have to save again against the Clinging Darkness on its turn.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-05-19 at 12:53 AM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    When his burst of holy energy failed to impress the undead, Aswin gripped his hammer tightly. "The oldfashioned way then." With great speed and power, the hammer came down with crashing thunder three times, striking at the creatures after Drifa brought them off balance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Drifa
    attack Zb (1d20+15)[23] (1d8+12)[16] (1d20+12)[29]

    attack Z6 (1d20+15)[28] (1d8+12)[17] (1d20+12)[32]

    Aswin, PA 6
    Smite Z6 (1d20+12)[18] (2d6+18)[20] ignores first 6 DR
    Smite Zb (1d20+12)[31] (2d6+18)[24] ignores first 6 DR
    attack w(1d20+4)[8] (2d6+12)[21]

    at 39/65. Maybe need some healing with so many zombies around me
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-05-19 at 05:23 AM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    "Do your duty" The professor commanded, as he altered time and space to send Arya to the woman's aid. Duty is all I have. She promised him silently.

    She raised her sword and struck out with all her force.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack against Za.

    Attack roll (1 point in power attack): (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[12]
    Fire: (1d6)[4]
    Truedeath: (1d6)[4]

    Attack roll (1 point in power attack): (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[14]
    Fire: (1d6)[3]
    Truedeath: (1d6)[5]

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Blessed Elistrae. How many more of these things are there?! Enough of this. She says as she leaps the barricade and over the spot Arya was to land in the midst of the zombies. She shoots one with her cross bow and readies her rapier for the others.


    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Moves to N9, triggers AoO from the Zombie that switched places with Arya and from Z9. (AC 19) (I'm hoping the leaping is for effect, otherwise, she just runs around the barricade...it'd still have the same effects)


    Attacking Z3 or Z8
    (1d20+10)[17]
    [roll]1d+5[/roll]
    (2d6)[8] skirmish


    OOC2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    real life game today, if you need to NPC T'riss to keep the game moving. She will basically full attack each round on one of the zombies, getting two attacks w/ her rapier due to haste. Until she has some room to move in which case, she'll skirmish around the battle trying to stay on the outside and attack.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The mighty warrior is under siege. Time to give him some relief. Arthros moves up behind the Aswin, reaching up to relieve his wounds. "The power of the Sovereign Host extends even here. Be healed."

    There are so many, and I can do nothing but heal those that can fight. If only I had a way to turn the tide.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move to O-8, CLW on Aswin, 39/65 goes to 58/65

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Though August's cold flame clearly damages the zombies, it Isaac's power seemlessly transports the zombie that was battering at the door to the middle of the fray, while giving Arya an opportunity to strike the one that entomed the knight. She misses on the first swing, but cuts a wide gash in the chest of the zombie that entombed the knight, while Drifa manages to trip one of the zombies and Aswin delivers crushing blows to its head. T'riss's attack likewise scores a hit on one of the zombies, though with no vital organs to pierce and no blood to spill, her rapier barely injures it.

    One of the zombies, still trapped by the tendrils of darkness August summoned, struggles to break free, while the others don't bother and instead mindlessly attack whoever is the closest: Aswin, T'riss, and Arthros. The mummified spellcaster laughs a dry, death-rattle laugh at Arya's attack and imperiously points a finger at her. Arya feels the thing attacking her mind, trying to crush it. The one that hit the stranger knight now attacks the catfolk knight, trying to drag her, too, into the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show


    D1: SLA Hold Person Arya (Will DC 15)
    W: Attack Aswin (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Trip: (1d20+1)[19]
    Z1: Attack Arthros; 5-foot step to P9
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Z2: Full round action to save against clinging darkness (DC 17 Reflex): (1d20+2)[16]
    Z3: Attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Z4: Cowering
    Z5: Cowering
    Z6: Stand (provoking AoOs from Aswin and Drifa); Attack Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    Z7: Attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Z8: Attack T'riss
    Attack: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    Z9: 5-foot step to O9; attack T'riss (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Za: Attack Arya
    Attack: (1d20+10)[16] (+4 if paralyzed)
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    Zb: Attack Drifa; 5-foot step to M5 (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+12)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Pa: Grapple check to escape entombment (1d20+7)[14] (27 rounds before suffocation)
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-21 at 06:08 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya Skye, Catfolk Knight

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+8)[9]
    Seriously.... a 1....


    Arya feels the fell presence invade her mind and her limbs row cold. Try as she might she cannot move and her limbs freeze, even as her foe attacks her, striking a mighty blow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack rolls will be in OOC based on Will save. No attack rolls.

    HP: 70/79
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-05-21 at 06:48 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    As the cursed girl's limbs freeze up, leaving her defenseless, and the rest of his companions are surrounded by a force his tricks could not hold back, August takes a step back, breathes deeply, and channels an anger that comes unnaturally to him. It was time to stop dancing around; he could not afford to leave this battle to fate and chance, and that meant he had to stop looking away. Closing his eyes, he stills, several long seconds passing as he confronts the void-that-is-not.

    You should not exist. It hurts, his eyes threatening to reject his attempts and deny sight entirely. But you do. He plunges his hand into the endless well of potential, the feel of it an uneasy anathema. And as long as that is the case, then I will learn to use you, and keep to the balance of my own accord. His fist closes, the contents seeping into his skin, and when he opens his eyes in truth, his hand is surrounded by a globe of missing reality painful to look upon. Extending his arm as though swinging a sword, he launches a barely-perceived ray of nothingness at the nearest shade, and this time, where it strikes, it leaves not lines of dust but a crater of vanished substance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step to Q7, Maximized Extended Reach Umbral Touch on Z1.
    Ranged touch: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: 30
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Things were going downhill, and fast...but all was not lost. Isaac silently scolds himself for underestimating August because of youth as the storytale travelers wields his power with startling efficacy. It did little to quell his worries over Arya though, especially when she is driven into the ground. Had the old man sent her to death's door? 'Do your duty', he had said...

    There is no time to pontificate, though. The past is behind them, and for all his mastery of that very thing, he cannot reverse a bad decision. Not yet.
    "Opportunity." He gestures to Aswin, offering the warrior a brief moment to strike out against his foes, the echoed word following soon after, indicating that another opportunity for violence was to come.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Triggered Effect: Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arya gets a free basic attack. This power is ineffective due to paralysis, unless it is removed by Arthros.

    Standard Action: Opportunity, Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 2, Psionic Focus
    Target: Aswin
    Effect: Aswin gets a free basic attack, and then a second free basic attack at the beginning of my next turn.

    Move Action: Gain Psionic Focus
    Vesper's Immediate Action Previous Round: Protection Devotion
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-21 at 09:22 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    By the Abyss. These creatures.

    Frustration fills her voice as she leaps and twists to get infront of the zombies.

    Do. Not. Like. she says emphasizing each word with a piercing of her blade. "I am so going to need something more effective to fight these things."


    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:

    Moves to K8

    Triggers AAO from Z3 and Z4, I think Z8 too?

    AC 22 (-4 flaw, +3 Isaac's trigger, +1 skirmish) Woot!

    Attacks Z4 (or Z5 if Z4 goes down), flanking with Aswin

    (1d20+12)[23]
    (1d6+5)[9]
    (2d6)[10] skirmish


  12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arthros steps back, closing his eyes and lifting his staff above his head. A bubble of radiance emanates out, resting on Aswin, Drifa, and T'riss. Each is immediately invigorated and restored, scrape disappearing, cuts knitting, and bruises fading. "Keep fighting friends. We must not fail. The light will overcome this darkness."

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' steps to N7

    casting mass lesser vigor, 3 targets (level 6, 1 target per 2 levels)
    7 HP healed this round, 1/round for 15 more rounds

    the 7 is from healing hands, adding CHA to the amount healed (I presume it hits in the first round. I suppose a very charitable interpretation would add CHA every round, but I don't think that is likely.)

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Seeing Arya burried into the ground like the warrior woman before, Aswin calls out "They need help, but the gap is too small for me. GO! I'll open the way and hold the lot of them back." With that, he lashed out at the zombies blocking the way to his helpless companions with furious strength, swinging the large hammer with a strength able to crumble stone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Opportunity on Z6. Z5 if Z6 down from AoOs
    (1d20+9)[28] (2d6+12)[19]

    Drifa
    attack Z9 - (1d20+15)[24] (1d8+12)[16] trip - (1d20+12)[16]
    attack Z5 - (1d20+15)[31] (1d8+12)[20] trip - (1d20+12)[21]

    Aswin
    attack Z6 until down. Then Z5 until down(-2 AC from cowering). Then w until down
    (1d20+9)[14] (2d6+12)[14]
    (1d20+9)[26] (2d6+12)[20]
    (1d20+3)[20] (2d6+12)[21]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Arya, now wholly buried underground, remains paralyzed; she is not, at least, in any immediate danger of suffocation. The dead wizard that caused Arya's muscles to freeze now brings its will to bear on T'riss, the only one of you it can see.

    Aswin and Drifa make swift work of one of the cowering zombies and one of the ones that had been attacking them, and T'riss nimbly avoids the clumsy attacks she provokes as she moves into position to skewer another one. August's touch causes another's chest to crumble, exposing a white ribcage and spine; it continues on as if unaffected, however, and delivers a heavy blow towards his head.

    Most of the zombies attack Aswin, save one that moves to attack Arthros. The one that entombed Arya, showing some rudimentary intelligence, realizes it is unthreatened and moves to batter down the door, like an ape smashing a log to access the delectible ants inside. The door bursts, flinging splinters in all directions, and you hear screams from inside.

    Spoiler
    Show


    D1: SLA Hold Person T'riss (Will DC 15)
    W: Attack Aswin (flanking); 5-foot step to M5
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Trip: (1d20+1)[10]
    Z1: Move to Q8; attack August
    Attack: (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Z2: Full round action to save against clinging darkness (DC 17 Reflex): (1d20+2)[10]
    Z3: Attack Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    Z4: Cowering
    Z7: Move to N9; attack Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    Z8: Full round action to save against clinging darkness (DC 17 Reflex): (1d20+2)[13]
    Z9: 5-foot step to O8; attack Arthros
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    Za: 5-foot stept to F5; smash door (Full round action; automatic hit) (1d6+9)[15]
    Zb: 5-foot step to N6; attack Drifa (flanking)
    Attack: (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Pa: Grapple check to escape entombment (1d20+7)[27] (26 rounds before suffocation)
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-23 at 12:35 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The fight was still going downhill. They were making progress...but zombies were beginning to slip past their valiant, meaty defenders...and more troubling, one had breached the door. Isaac calls upon his power once more, praying silently for this to work.

    "Dimension Hop!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Triggered Action: Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effect: Grants Aswin a free basic attack.

    Free Action: 5' step to S9
    Standard Action: Dimension Hop (DC 23 Will)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 6pp, Psionic Focus
    Augments: Range I, Mass x1, Psionic Endowment
    Target: Za (the one smashing the door), Zb
    Effect: Teleport both zombies 160 feet to the east of Isaac's current position.

    Move Action: Gain Psionic Focus.

    Note: Haste duration (3 rounds)
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-23 at 12:37 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will saves vs. dimension hop:
    Za: (1d20+9)[22]
    Zb: (1d20+9)[22]

    Huh. Definitely wasn't expecting that.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-23 at 01:35 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss glances toward the door to see that Zombie attacking it is suddenly transported elsewhere.

    "Right then, Let's deal with you." She says looking at the undead wizard as she runs toward him, placing her back to Aswin and Drifa.

    Edit: New actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Lets go to M6, AAO still from Z4,

    Can I Keep the rolls?

    Attacks go to the W (Wizard)
    skirmish still active



    Old actions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, thought the 22 saved missed the DC23. in that case... Thanks! T'riss shouts as she turns and runs toward the spot where Arya and the other knight were entombed.

    Hey Ugly! Pick on someone who cares! she says as she attacks the creature at the door.


    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:

    T'riss moves to G6, triggering AoO from Z4 (AC should still be 22 w/ the various modifiers)

    attacks Za
    (1d20+10)[25]
    (1d6+5)[6]
    (2d6)[10] skirmish

    AC 23 w/ skirmish for next round
    Last edited by Fireheart; 2012-05-23 at 03:53 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    August raises his shield, and the zombie's attack slides harmlessly past his head. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he lashes out once again, trusting in his new armour to protect him from the creature's retaliation should it survive having the rest of its body turned to dust.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: 30
    Provokes an AoO. Bloody zombies being immune to the slow effect...

    Black Fire damage:
    Z4: (3d6)[12]
    Z3: (3d6)[7]
    Z8: (3d6)[12]

    Also, T'riss needs to save against Clinging Darkness again at the beginning of her turn, unfortunately.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    @Fireheart
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Also, T'riss needs to save against Clinging Darkness again at the beginning of her turn, unfortunately.
    Actually, you need to redo your turn, since Za actually was transported by Isaac.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-23 at 02:39 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Fearing they will be overrun by the shear number of zombies, Arthros reaches out, shielding himself with his staff, trying to burn the nearest with holy energy. "Away from me, foul, unnatural beast. Return to the peaceful rest of the dead."

    Spoiler
    Show
    CMW on Z9, melee touch, casting defensively

    concentration (1d20+11)[25] vs DC 17
    touch attack (1d20+3)[9]
    damage 22
    holding the charge on a miss

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Aswin felt oddly relaxed when the professor's spell banished the most immediate threat to the civilians and the two incapacitated warriors. His worries dissolved, he striked out with abandon, revelling in the joy of battle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Opportunity: strike Z9
    (1d20+9)[23] (2d6+12)[19]

    Drifa
    bite Z7 - (1d20+15)[28] (1d8+12)[16] trip - (1d20+12)[18]
    bite Z3 - (1d20+15)[29] (1d8+12)[20] trip - (1d20+12)[20]

    Aswin
    Z9 first, then Z7, then Z3
    (1d20+9)[21] (2d6+12)[19]
    (1d20+9)[11] (2d6+12)[15]
    (1d20+3)[8] (2d6+12)[23]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Aswin batters the zombie that had been attacking Arthros, but to little avail: it survives and swings its massive arms at the healer. Arthros himself misses the zombie, but the positive energy he held in his hand does not dissipate. August has no better luck with his spell, and the zombie that hit him while he was casting it brings its arms down on his head again.

    Drifa, on the other hand, bit off chunks of two zombies, hurling them to the ground. They stand, trying to attack Aswin. T'riss likewise manages to damage her zombie before Isaac whisks it away. You can hear a shriek of rage somewhere to the east, but they're far out of your sight.

    The undead caster, now somewhat frantic at the progression of the battle, fires off three blasts of necrotic energy at T'riss, which slam into her side, knocking hte wind out of her. Almost simultaneously, the wolf that had been harassing Aswin charges her, trying to bring her down.

    Spoiler
    Show


    D1: SLA Magic Missile T'riss (3d4+3)[10]
    W: Charge T'riss, ending at H6
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[7]
    Trip: (1d20+1)[2]
    Z1: Attack August
    Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    Z2: Full round action to save against clinging darkness (DC 17 Reflex): (1d20+2)[8]
    Z3: Stand (provoking AoOs from Aswin and Drifa); attack Aswin. Black Fire save: (1d20+2)[22]
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    Z4: Cowering. Black Fire save: (1d20+2)[10]
    Z7: Stand (provoking AoOs from Aswin and Drifa); attack Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Z8: Full round action to save against clinging darkness (DC 17 Reflex): (1d20+2)[18]. Black Fire save: (1d20+2)[16]
    Z9: Attack Arthros
    Attack: (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Pa: Grapple check to escape entombment (1d20+7)[11] (25 rounds before suffocation)
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check to escape entombment: (1d20+8)[19]

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Taking another blow, Arthros makes another attempt at offense, then slides back behind Aswin to leave the more competent warrior to his specialty.

    Spoiler
    Show
    melee touch attack (1d20+4)[7]
    22 damage, will save 17 for half
    holding the charge on a miss

    33-10 = 23, +1=24
    Last edited by stack; 2012-05-24 at 07:05 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    T'riss grins at the wolf. "Puppy wants to play?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Full attack, wolf

    (1d20+10)[20]
    (1d6+1)[6]

    (1d20+10)[13]
    (1d6+1)[7]


    And curses. I really need to look at my character sheet before I write.
    ...I forgot T'riss rapier has a truedeath crystal attached to it! Everytime she attacked a zombie it should have taken an additional D6. Grr.

    AND as a drow she gets a +2 will svs vs spells...

    (Also, Did deathlock/wizard roll for T'riss SR (16) w/ the magic missiles? I suspect it'll make it but since we've had friendlies roll it...the bad guy should too!)

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Being struck twice in the span of a few seconds does much to quell both August's anger and his overconfidence, and he takes the opportunity to reposition himself before lashing out again. I must not let this power unnerve me. Remember that I do not hold the advantage. Always think one step ahead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    *sigh* Forgot to 5ft step last turn, apparently. Ah well, not entirely out of character.
    Fort: (1d20+11)[28]

    Move to S8. If the AoO does not hit, attack Z1.
    Ranged touch: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: 30

    If it does hit, use Healing Belt on self for (3d8)[8].

    Black Fire (Z4): (3d6)[14]
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The professor casts a quick glance over his shoulder...nothing to see through the thick fog; he knows though, that while the pair of zombies is gone for now, that particular solution is anything but permanent. Again he gives Aswin an opening to strike at the undead creatures, the familiar word uttered and echoed once more.

    "Opportunity..." This time, however, it is accompanied with a pained wince from the professor, his temples throbbing. The exertion of using his power so often was beginning to catch up with him, taxing his substantial mental might, and pushing him quickly towards his utter limits. "Opportunity." The echo sounds, faint and ethereal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Opportunity, Linked Opportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 2pp, Psionic Focus
    Target: Aswin
    Effect: Grants a free basic attack immediately, and another free basic attack at the beginning of Isaac's next turn.

    Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus.
    Free Action: 5 ft. step to R10

    Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Haste Buff: 2 rounds remaining.

    6 power points left.
    Last edited by Mahrke; 2012-05-24 at 04:23 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crit confirmation by Z7 on Aswin
    Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    One of the zombies delivered a nasty hit on Aswin, knocking the wind out of him for a moment. He quickly retaliated, swinging his hammer back and forth at the diminishing wall of dead flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show
    linked opportunity: attack Z9, or Z4 if down
    (1d20+9)[10] (2d6+12)[16]
    opportunity: same (1d20+9)[16] (2d6+12)[19]

    Aswin: attack Z9, when down Z4, when down Z3
    If Z4 falls at any point 5 foot step to N8/O9

    (1d20+9)[17] (2d6+12)[20]
    Smite (1d20+12)[23] (2d6+18)[29] ignores DR up to 6
    (1d20+3)[20] (2d6+12)[14]

    Drifa
    bite whatever's there. Priorize Z8 until tripped if 5 foot step occured
    (1d20+15)[32] (1d8+12)[19] trip - (1d20+12)[14]
    (1d20+15)[20] (1d8+12)[16] trip - (1d20+12)[30]

    AoOs for baddies actions
    (1d20+9)[11] (2d6+12)[19]
    (1d20+15)[17] (1d8+12)[18]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: From Across the Multiverse to Barovia: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    With the two entombers gone, the rest fall quickly The zombies surrounding Aswin and Drifa are torn and battered until they are unrecognizable as human corpses, and T'riss makes swift work of the summoned wolf. The undead wizard trapped in the south of the square manages to fire off one more blast of oily clinging darkness—this one at Aswin—before August retaliates in kind, disintegrating it.

    You extricate Arya and the knight from their graves, and though red in the face and short of breath, they seem fine.

    "I thank thee, kind sirs and ladies," the knight says in an accent distinctively different from the villagers you met in Svalich. She wipes off the sodden earth clinging to her armor and returns her sword to the scabbard at her waist. "I would have been o'errun by these fell creatures had ye not arrived so fortuitously, and I fear the entire village would perforce have been converted to foul undeath."

    She bows with unusual grace for one wearing such heavy armor. "I am Lady Ashlyn Sainte Ronges, palatine of Sol Invictus. How might I address ye?"

    @Mahrke
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize her accent as definitely French, though it sounds different from any regional accents you're familiar with. You recognize the word palatine—it's the feminine form of palatin, an archaic spelling of paladin. The paladins were the twelve companions of Charlemagne.

    A DC 15 Knowledge (history or religion)* check reveals the following:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sol Invictus—the Unconquered Sun—was a religion practiced in the last days of the pagan Roman Empire before Christianity was established as the state religion. It was associated with the turning of the seasons, particularly the inevitable return of warm weather in the spring.


    *You can use Vesper to treat the checks as trained and to get the aid another bonus, but you can't take 10 on these checks.


    @All but The Fallen One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her armor and shield are exceptionally well made, and judging by the condition probably fairly new. Her sword, on the other hand, is quite clearly old. It's made of bronze, for one thing, while her armor and shield are high-quality steel. The edges are quite sharp, but the flat of the blade is battered, cut, and dented from years of use. Its hilt is made of silver—or plated with it—and displays a number of large gems.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-05-26 at 02:50 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •