New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Misplaced Identity IC

While she fiddles with the leathery straps of what looks like a porcelain headband, Chie looks over her shoulder at Robb.

"Hey, looks like Tessa isn't the only one to pull a shiny sword out of the void. So what's your story, mister tall man? Don't suppose you remember much? If so join the club, there'll be cake. My, there are a lot of men here, too many for me to simply call all of you 'tall man' or something. You all better start coughing up names before I decide to call you something I'll remember, and you won't like it. Nicky-lady called me Chie, so that's who I am now. I'm from... Spain, I think. And I can make light and talk to bladed weapons, apparently. Your turn with introductions, all of you, especially you, tall man who denies my ability to speak to knives!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I suppose introductions are in order i'm Robb the sword has a name as well but i cannot remember what it is yet"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-04 at 02:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

"You a man of few words, Robb? It might be important to know the sword's name - it might not cut right if it thinks you don't like it. Tessa's seems to speak to her, maybe yours will speak to me." Chie clears her throat, trying to hide her basic excitement to see what happens that occurs every tiem she uses her powers like this. "Hello, mister or misses sword. Do you have a name? A hobby, favourite music, a boy you like? Your wielder's name is Robb, and he seems a nice enough gentleman, especially since he seems to be in my 'no memories, have a conciliatory cake when we get out of this' club. I'm Chie, nice to meet you!" Chie pauses from preparations to crane her head toward Robb and his sword, trying to listen out for something to turn into a nickname.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The precence Nikola feels is powerful suffocating and brimmining with malicious intent, though it seems to be in a state of rest rather than active. The pressure feels oddly unatural, like a mix of different signiatures.

@ Trace: Your skills do not effect other party members. diplomacy rolls will not make them like you. this is done as a precation .
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2012-05-04 at 03:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Nicola stood up sharply as the realization of what her senses were telling her kicked in. Focusing on it once more to get an idea how far away this...modifered reiatsu is, she looked over to Robb and the others. "They did something to make us forget...But there is something up there," said Niocla pointing towards the rightmost passage, "that is both unfriendly and unnatural. We may have gotten off lightly here. Who knows what other experiments could be here."

Nicola walked over to the eastern door, her mind a buzz of uncomfortableness. I am meant to be donning my gear, binding it to my will, simular to Chie. But where is it. And why has no-one checked this door? For we know it is a closet! Upon arriving at the door, Nicola inhales deeply, trying to smell if anything is on the other side. Having done so, she refocues her mind to sense any reiatsu in order to be sure.

If there is nothing dangerous on both counts, I'll open it. After all..."...We need options," finshed Nicola outloud.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: Locate Reiatsu (northern door, right passage way) (1d20+10)[19]

Survival: Smell Anyone/thing (eastern door) (1d20+13)[19]
    Sense Motive: Sense Reiatsu (eastern door) (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by EchoKnight; 2012-05-04 at 06:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by TraceHyde View Post
    "You a man of few words, Robb? It might be important to know the sword's name - it might not cut right if it thinks you don't like it. Tessa's seems to speak to her, maybe yours will speak to me." Chie clears her throat, trying to hide her basic excitement to see what happens that occurs every tiem she uses her powers like this. "Hello, mister or misses sword. Do you have a name? A hobby, favourite music, a boy you like? Your wielder's name is Robb, and he seems a nice enough gentleman, especially since he seems to be in my 'no memories, have a conciliatory cake when we get out of this' club. I'm Chie, nice to meet you!" Chie pauses from preparations to crane her head toward Robb and his sword, trying to listen out for something to turn into a nickname.
    Chie feels something lash out at her like a beast that wasnt fully concious yet, at the same time there was an intelligence there that was currently suppressed

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon sensing the sudden 'bark' of Reiatsu, Chie drops half her gear and scrambles away into a corner, a shocked look on her face. "Maybe that sword doesn't like me very much... think I'll just not speak to it, yeah..." she mutters. "Keep a tight grip on that sword, Mr. Robb. Some scary spirit in there... Maybe you'll have a better time of it than I." She ponders for a moment. "Maybe that was just it yawning?"

Chie takes a second to regain her composure, clambering to her feet and gathering up what she dropped. Spotting Nicola wandering around on her own, she rushes over to her side, still somewhat shaken until she reaches her side. "Hey, Nicky-lady. "Ooh, another door. How'd I miss it?" she whispers.

"Hey, Nicky-lady," Chie remarks as Nicola makes to open the door. "You don't seem to have any gear to use, but your power feels kind of like mine, but different. Anyway, I'll share some of these things with you, if you want." Chie holds out some odd trinkets, like extraterestrial taxidermy; among what she clutches, at the top of the pile, is the better part of a human sized mask, that glows lightly as it approaches Nicola. "See? This scary mask thing seems to like you, for some reason."

Spoiler
    Show
    OMG Hollow

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Ivo Conrad Landschneckt
    As the door swings open to his cell, Ivo fires one final shot at a wall in his cell before gliding towards his body and enters it quickly. Ivo has been busy unleashing bits of spiritual power into the walls of his cell for however long he has been locked up, in the vain hope of him using up enough power that a wall will disintegrate and he can escape, because whatever it is they do to him when they drag him out the cell, he doesn't want to be dragged through the door again.

When he clambers inside his body he struggles to pull himself to his feat, having barely used his body the whole time he was in the maggots nest.
    As he staggers out the cell, he nearly falls over, managing to just hold himself up on the cell door.
    He then starts stuttering, struggling to get out words so he can find someone to escape with.

C.C...C..Ca..Can anyone hear me?... I.I need help.
    He then staggers down a hallway, if there is no obvious dead-end he can see he goes right, guns drawn.

Spot check:
    (1d20+14)[23]
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

9. - Top - End - #39

DruidGirl

Breaking off from her concetraion to give Chie her attention."Are you alright? That sword didn't hurt yourt you did it?" Nicola shot a warning glance at Robb, just to be safe. "Be careful. Not all inanimates like attempts to be friendly," Nicola paused as a thought sent a shock through her system. That is why I intimidate them into obeying.

Shaking off that dark thought, Nicola processed the child's kind offer. "Thank you Chie. I think I had my own mask...and yes, our powers are simular. Your's is nicer though," placing on the mask and letting the essence of the object and her own soul mingle until the two are cannot be destinguished from one another. The mask glowed red slightly as it rebuilt itself around Nicola's head until it covered everything, including her messy hair. It had three faces now and from two of them it had eyes that were pure darkness with only a red slit in the center. The forward face still had Nicola's hazel eyes though.

A shudder slid through Nicola's body as she repeated the process with less dramatic results wiht her shoes, belt and the braclet on her wrist. "Thank you again Chie. That feels so much better."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Hollow.
    Last edited by EchoKnight; 2012-05-04 at 08:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nicola opens the final closed door, which creaks open slowly, years f accumulated dust and grime fallling away. As the door opens, the temperatre in the room drops, your breath ecoming visibile in the stagnant air. Inside the room hang hunderds and hundreds of bodies, of all shapes and sizes, ages and genders, susspended friom hooks upon the ceiling. Nothing in the room is alive, or moving.

@ Hazzardevil: I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. your cells all led into the same room, the one with the four doors. since two of them are already revealed to be dead ends, where you going down the one with the sounds of battle, or the one where Nicola sensed the dark precence?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ninja'd

Chie sticks her tongue ot at Robb's sword from behind the cover that is Nicola, feeling a fair bit safer. Chie percieves the oddest twitch in Nicola's face as the dark thought erupts, though quickly discards it as the gawdy mask transformation proceeds. Upon Nicola donning the mask, Chie can't stop staring in bewilderment, and curiousity. "Ooh, that's how you activate it, huh? I was just sort of strapping stuff to myself out of instinct. Lemme try..." Chie pulls together a series of fragments, piecing them together like a puzzle to make a full mask. However, rather than donning it, out of some instinct instead places it upon the upper back of her head, like an extremely odd hat. It springs to life in a quick light show, forming some upper body armour, though leaving her prison-paled face uncovered as she beams up at Nicola. "Yay! Yours looks a little different, Nicky-lady. I don't know what it is, but you seem pretty strong somehow, with that mask. Almost like it's..."

As Nicola opens the door and Chie fails to restrain her curious, wandering eyes, she gets an eyeful of the horrific sight, falling on her backside, her mouth agape as she seizes up, unable to look away. The moment passes and she curls up, staring at the floor, her eyes watering, as she whimpers nonsense...

Spoiler
    Show
    As it stands, her full battle experience hasn't kicked in yet; she is unused to the sight of death, having not yet remembered her experience with it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Coming over to see what all the shock was about Robb takes a look inside the room "Wow that's not exactly a pretty way to go and unfortunatly i dont think they will be able to give us any help"

13. - Top - End - #43

DruidGirl

Nicola slamed the door quickly, in the hopes she could spare Chie having to see any more of those dead bodies. Clever, keeping them close. Nicola imedatitly knelt down and wraped her arms around the wimpering girl. It's ok, little one. They cannot hurt you and I won't let you become like them. I promised, remember?" The words came naturally and without thought to Nicola as she picked up the child and held her close as she stood.

"You are correct Robb. There is nothing in there that will help, is everyone here yet?" asked Nicola the others as she walked back to the northern door. She took her time, examining her new companions as she walked without turning her head (a benefit to have three sets of eyes).

Three...no four Reapers, Chie, that one struggling and myself. Against an unknown amalgam of reiatsu. Even with seven... The thought crossed Nicola's mind while she was still halfway to the door. Struggling? As Nicola directed her orientation to the man with the light blue voice she spoke again "Are you alright?"
    Last edited by EchoKnight; 2012-05-04 at 08:57 PM. Reason: got ninja'd

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Ignoring the chatter of the others, as they seemed to have ignored him, Jack wandered over to the table. Almost unconsciously, he reached for a long curved katana. There was an elegant scrolling along the side of the blade, with a gray cloth wrapped around the handle.

Quietly, Jack followed after the others. He still had no idea what was going on, except that he had been held in this facility for far too long.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

When Chie regained some sense of awareness, she found her face tear-streaked and her hand in Nicola's. An odd look of wonderment tinged her fright, as she just stood by her side, eyeing the hand as if surprised by the emre xistence of it. 'Her hand is warm and soft...' she half-whispers, haff-thinks. For some reason, as she looks up at Nicola;s face and sees the mask, she suddenly feels herself shattering again, quivering as she averts her gaze from it, though why was beyond her understanding. She tucks her head into Nicola's side, quite for once. She fidgets, trying to muster a smile for Nicola, though again not understanding her compulsion to do so, ultimately failing to brighten up her face even a bit. She jsut stares at the ground, as if trying to reassure herself that it was still there. "Can I... just go on like this for a while?" she asks Nicola meekly, grabbing her hand tightly.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"Hm," Artur starts, walking towards the Quincy. "Seems that not all of us are in the best of shape."

Extending his hand to the man, he gives a pull to help Ivo to his feet.

"The name is Artur. Occupation is Knight Errant. Pleased to meet you." He says, stepping back and resting his hand on the pommel of his sword in the least threatening manner he could.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive for summoning the spirit cords. Pumping with Action Point, too, for 3.

(1d20+11)[31]+(3d6)[13]

Then a Suppress for paranoia. (1d20+13)[30]
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

17. - Top - End - #47

DruidGirl

Nicola reacted purely on instinct to Chie's words. It was a few seconds before the former girl realised she was hugging the younger one. "Of course, Chie. It is ok. You're going to be ok. We'll get you home soon," Nicola's voice was warmer, kinder than it was before with concern practicly dripping from the words. Looking up at all the others in the room, Nicola's hardend once more with her next words, "Won't we everyone?"

Standing up, but holding Chie's hand only slightly tighter than the child was holding her own, Nicola once again leveled her gaze at the man Artur helped up. "Again I ask, are you alright? And Thank you, Artur was it? I was busy and could not assist."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The voice is now slightly annoyed. "I have a name, and it sure as hell is not 'Sword-Lady'. I'm no doctor, I am a nurse.
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

A slight joy does enter Chie's voice again, though she doesn't look up as she whispers her response to the sword.

"Sorry, Miss Nurse. What do I call you then?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    @ Hazzardevil: I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. your cells all led into the same room, the one with the four doors. since two of them are already revealed to be dead ends, where you going down the one with the sounds of battle, or the one where Nicola sensed the dark precence?
    He goes down towards the sounds of battle.

As he reaches Artur he extends his hand to shake it. His grip is loose however, with his hand shaking slightly.

I.. I.. Ivo. He speaks, still struggling to move his body normally. [COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]I.I fine..soon.. Ha..Have..Not..Use..Body..For..A While[/COLOR]
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

21. - Top - End - #51

Trace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hari will do."

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry for offending you, Hari. Can we be friends?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-05-05 at 08:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Trace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A moment of silence occurs, then Hari speak again. "Sure. Whatever. I'm not really used to talking to anyone other than Tessa, so this will be different."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Chie looks up a bit, at last, mustering a smile for Tessa. "See? Your sword is nice Tessa. And you seem to be, too." She looks around the room. "Everyone seems pretty strong..." She tightens her grip on Nicola's hand as she stares off into space, lost in thought.

25. - Top - End - #55

DruidGirl

"That is good Ivo, because I don't think we have a lot of time. If you need help though, just ask. I think we've found away out, but there is some...unfriendly company on the way. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be active at the moment. Feel up to a little risk? For that matter, anyone else?" Nicola stated that as if performing for a theatre production: loud enough for everyone to hear, yet not be shouting.

Taking a step toward the door, Tessa and whatever lay beyond, with Chie's hand still in her own, Nicola spoke again. "Perder Tessa, are you ready? Because the sounds of battle are getting louder and I think none of us wish to be here when they arrive. What of you, Robb? Do you wish to learn the name of your blade while fighting an army? Artur, as I knight I assume you know of honour? This child needs you to get her out. Ivo...You need us too."

Taking another step, but loosening her grip on Chie slightly, Nicola's next words seemed to be much quieter. "As for the rest of you, I'd like to know your names before we go. But we must go. I am sorry for my outburst, but every moment spent here makes our recapture more likely. I am sorry for being so cruel with my words. I have no right to ask anything of any of you but I ask this: Leave with us now. Please."

And with that, a tear is shed from each of the six eyes upon Nicola's head. Her legs shaking, she reached the door and stood utterly still. Not daring to move again, lest the tears she is holding back escape. Don't be so weak. They need you too.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Im sure my swords name will come to me but until then i am still ready to move out as soon as everone else is

27. - Top - End - #57

DruidGirl

"Thank you, Robb. I'm sorry," repiled Nicola, her voice as quiet as it was shaky. She remained standing still, however.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Chie suddenly releases her grip, circling around to look up at Chie, eyeing her as if for the first time. "Nicky..." As she feels the older girl's gaze approach, out of some odd tick, she buries her head in her arms for a moment, wiping her remaining, worried tears. Beaming back up, her smile was back. "Nicky, don't be scared," she ordered, enthusiatically. "We have to be strong, right? I'll be strong for you, and you be strong for me, okay?" She turns to the group at large. "Enough dilly-dallying! If your legs are broken, drag yourself along, right? As they say '渾水摸魚'!"

Chie obnoxiously stretches and jogs on the spot, getting the blood pumping and the colour to return to her face. "If we look out fo reach other, it'll be okay, right, Nicky? So, don't cry anymore, and I wpn't stop smiling..." And with that, she scoops up her energy and dashes down the passageway and then to the right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Run action, 2 SEP for Speed, total distance 200 feet in the first round. As a great man once said, LEROOOOOOY....!

29. - Top - End - #59

DruidGirl

"CHIE! NO!" Nicola began racing after the child, running down the right passageway. She knew the younger girl was faster, but if she caught up, if only for second, maybe...the child would listen to reason. Assuming Nicola could catch up of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Investing Evolution Points into Threefold, since she can't afford the penalty if something goes wrong.
    Free Action: Spending 3 SEP to boost speed by 30 ft (my base speed)
    Free Action: Create Light
    (ignore)
    • First Move Action: Race after Chie (60 ft covered)
    • Second Move action: Race after Chie (90/120 ft covered, see OOC)
    • Bonus Move action (Threefold): Race after Chie! (120/180 ft covered)
    (/ignore)
    Fullround Action: Running after Chie (240 ft covered)

When Nicola catches up, she'll ask Chie to stop and wait for the others.
    Last edited by EchoKnight; 2012-05-05 at 12:30 PM. Reason: read the rules

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

As she hears Nicola approaching, Chie slows to a halt. "Yay, Nicky's coming, at least! Come on, you're fast too. We could probably just run straight out of here. I know, I know, befroe you say anything I'm only joking, I'm not gonna LEAVE them. But I might as well rope them in here, right? Come on, let's shout for them or something, or do you wanna see if we can sneak ahead? God thing you're here, though - I can't see in the dark or anything. I might have ran into a wall." She just keeps chattering away, suddenly excited.