New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac Plays: Megaman Classic Series Retrospective

That she did. That she did. The engrish is so...fantastic. It also spoils some bits of Megaman 4 and 6, but that's ok.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    And because perfect runs are a sign of someone showing pure Mastery of the game.
    By the time this is all said and done, you'll probably have eventually reached that level, at least with some of the less cruel Megaman games..

Here we are guys, the last episode of Megaman 1. Lets rock!

Megaman [10] Wily Fortress 4

Funny, the amount of videos I needed to finish the series is the same amount of games that exist for the classic series

Anyway, this level features some pretty neat stuff. The final boss refights, the Yakishishi (Pinwheel) that recovers Megaman fully, and Wily's first (but certainly not last) Wily Machine. As always, enjoy~
    How you gonna talk about the Yakishishi when you don't pick it up!

I was going to be so upset if you died, since you only had 1 more hit of that big ball attack left before he got you...

Still, nice job!

I bet this game would have made Millions more if it had been released in an Arcade... Seriously, that is a pretty damn brutal rush, 4 bosses then the final boss, and no healing in between until you die... that's a lot of quarters....

And does anyone else think Armorless Megaman reminds of what Astro Boy probably would have looked like?

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Man, I was wondering what all that pausing was.
    It is, for lack of a better term, cheating through the manipulation of the game's physics.
    I'd say it's that Megaman is secretly Dio from Jojo's Bizare Adventure, and pausing is really "ZA WARUDO".

Here we are guys. Minor delay due to power outage, but here you go!

Same difficulty and what not as last game

Megaman 2 Plot

After Dr Wily's defeat, the not so good doctor escaped, and built 8 new robot masters, designed solely to defeat Megaman! Megaman rushes out to meet these new foes! Fight, Megaman, for everylasting peace!

Megaman 2 [1] Metalman

Our first enemy is Metalman, the easiest to take down with the megabuster! His stage is relatively easy to! The chains of those big smashy spike things hurt you, so be careful!

This is also one of the best stages to grind for E Tanks, a new feature of this game. E Tanks are portable full heals that you can use whenever. They are very awesome.

Another thing new to this game is that, when you defeat a robot master, their attacks are completely destroyed making it impossible for them to kill you after you kill them. However....

Regardless, for defeating Metalman we get the most broken weapon, the Metalblade!

Well, that was Metalman. Hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you next week when we tackle our next foe!
    First of all, oh my god the BGM... I'm having episodes over here... Both over this game, and IWBTG...

The wheel section... that was just kinda funny... I was wondering how long you were going to be stuck. And then you died and had to start that over again. I feel like these videos deserve a comedy tag.

Did..... did you -plan- that double kill?

And Lastly, are you going to fight Woodman so you can fight Airman so you can get the Item Number 2 and clear Heatman's stage?

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Also: Start stage, immediately fall into obvious and easily-avoidable pit. That's our Zodiac!
    That's what happens when you immediately start recording after waking up
    I'm going to go back and count how many times Megaman gets "owned" like that. At this rate, he's probably got a count comparable to Krillin's.

I missed this while I was on vacation...

4. - Top - End - #64

First of all, welcome back from vacation. Secondly, yes, Woodman is next

I didn't plan that double kill, but it was fantastic.

The music in Megaman is always great.

Megaman is inspired from Astroboy, yes, so that's why his armorless form looks like him
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-07-19 at 08:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

It's that time again my friends. Let's rock!

Megaman 2 [2] Woodman

Now, before we get started, here's something that may be of note. Woodman is not actually weak to Metalman's weapon. At all. It does at most equal damage to the mega buster (does two blips of health more in the Normal, USA difficulty). However, their is a reason I'm doing Woodman here, as you will see...

Anyway, onto the stage proper! Our first enemies are an enemy that become a series staple, the Batton! Cute little orby bats! And then we get the...well, Rabbot. IT THROWS CARROTS ISN'T THAT FANTASTIC!?....Ahem. Anyway, the first bit of the stage is fairly easy all things considered. I should note, this stage is a giant tree, and I find it really weird that people have trouble figuring that out.

Speaking of hard, the first big challange is something that also becomes a series staples, the Hot Dog (or Friender in Japan. Yay references)! This is the first "big sized enemy that blocks your way" and is something that the later games use quite a lot. Think of it as a mini Mini Boss, if you will. Hot Dog over here is pretty tough, with variable length flame thrower blasts, but overall isn't that hard as almost all Hot Dog's have a sweet spot.

After that we get to an outside portion that isn't all that bad, except for the monkies who's name I've forgotten, and ANOTHER series staple. The dredded, horrific, Pippi. Pippi is a robot bird that drops an egg that bursts into Mini Pippi's and is a bane on all existence. Anyway, after that, we have some rooster guys that only show up here and are difficult to figure out, and we're at Woodman!

Now, Woodman, he's REALLY difficult. I'm just completely incompetent when it comes to fighting this guy. I can't dodge any of his things, I can't time my jumps to slip past him when he gets to close, and he more of less always beats the crap out of me. He's pretty dang difficult. But then, he's also a robot that is completely made out of wood so his weakness is fairly obvious. Or atleast it should be, seeing as how Metal Blade's actually don't do much to him. Maybe they really are a doctor's light...

Anyway, with the defeat of Woodman, we get equiped with Leaf Shield, the last of this stage's "series staples". In this case, it's the Shield weapon! Almost every game has one of these, and the usefullness of it depends on the game. Regardless, with that in hand, join me next Tuesday when we go to fight the next boss. But, who could it be? You'll just have to wait and find out

Also, I hope you all enjoy~

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Megaman is inspired from Astroboy, yes, so that's why his armorless form looks like him
    I've been playing these games for so long, and yet I -never- realised that...

What's the handwave been for Megaman losing all of his abilities inbetween games again?

It's that time again my friends. Let's rock!
    Did I get that joke before? Or did that somehow pass over me in the past?

Megaman 2 [2] Woodman

Now, before we get started, here's something that may be of note. Woodman is not actually weak to Metalman's weapon. At all. It does at most equal damage to the mega buster (does two blips of health more in the Normal, USA difficulty). However, their is a reason I'm doing Woodman here, as you will see...
    Now, are the games actually that much harder depending on the region? Is anything actually changed beyond the amounts of damage done?

Anyway, onto the stage proper! Our first enemies are an enemy that become a series staple, the Batton! Cute little orby bats!
    You seemed somewhat scared to run under them and ignore them... any reason for that?

And then we get the...well, Rabbot. IT THROWS CARROTS ISN'T THAT FANTASTIC!?....Ahem.
    Was that a reference I didn't get, or did you really just not like Rabbots?

Anyway, the first bit of the stage is fairly easy all things considered. I should note, this stage is a giant tree, and I find it really weird that people have trouble figuring that out.
    Looks more like a forest in parts, though some of the "undergroundish" bits are where I see tree...

Speaking of hard, the first big challange is something that also becomes a series staples, the Hot Dog (or Friender in Japan. Yay references)! This is the first "big sized enemy that blocks your way" and is something that the later games use quite a lot. Think of it as a mini Mini Boss, if you will. Hot Dog over here is pretty tough, with variable length flame thrower blasts, but overall isn't that hard as almost all Hot Dog's have a sweet spot.
    It looked like running away, then jumping forward while shooting, would have saved you from being touched at all...

Also, when you were trying to figure out the standing to see if you can hit that third dog without approaching, I just found that adorable... jumpshot-jumpshot-jumpshot-stepstepstep*fall*.

After that we get to an outside portion that isn't all that bad,
    I'll say; you didn't fall down a pit that time!

except for the monkies who's name I've forgotten,
    Who aren't at all related to Donkey Kong.

and ANOTHER series staple. The dredded, horrific, Pippi. Pippi is a robot bird that drops an egg that bursts into Mini Pippi's and is a bane on all existence.
    I was honestly expecting you to get hit by an egg after you picked up the health. Because that would have been horrible and hilarious.

Anyway, after that, we have some rooster guys that only show up here and are difficult to figure out, and we're at Woodman!
    I'm surprised you didn't use an Energy Tank.... or are you saving all of those for the last moment?

Now, Woodman, he's REALLY difficult. I'm just completely incompetent when it comes to fighting this guy. I can't dodge any of his things, I can't time my jumps to slip past him when he gets to close, and he more of less always beats the crap out of me. He's pretty dang difficult.
    You fought him pretty darn well, actually....

But then, he's also a robot that is completely made out of wood so his weakness is fairly obvious. Or atleast it should be, seeing as how Metal Blade's actually don't do much to him. Maybe they really are a doctor's light...
    Why wouldn't Woodman's weakness be Fire, rather than Metal?

Anyway, with the defeat of Woodman, we get equiped with Leaf Shield, the last of this stage's "series staples".
    It's the last of that stage's anything...

In this case, it's the Shield weapon! Almost every game has one of these, and the usefullness of it depends on the game. Regardless, with that in hand, join me next Tuesday when we go to fight the next boss. But, who could it be? You'll just have to wait and find out

Also, I hope you all enjoy~
    I very much did enjoy, thank you for playing.

7. - Top - End - #67

Megaman is still a lab assistent, even if he was turned into a battle robot. After the fighting is done, he gets rid of his weapons.

I've used that joke before, yes

The only difference is how much damage is done to you, and how much damage you do to the enemies. The two difficulties are Normal (The USA release) and Difficult (the Japanese release's default option, since you can choose both in the Japanese release).

Battons are somewhat difficult to deal with, and I was trying not to get hit. And no reference, I just think the fact that Wily would make a robot that literally throws carrots as a weapon hilarious.

I am saving E Tanks, yes. They're quite important, after all.

Yes, Woodman's true weakness is Heatman's weapon. Nice deduction

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Megaman is still a lab assistent, even if he was turned into a battle robot. After the fighting is done, he gets rid of his weapons.
    Despite the massive utility gained by a multipurpose robot constantly having access to every element and tool under the sun?

I've used that joke before, yes
    I challenge you to make a new pun for every video, relevant either to the series or to the boss of it!

The only difference is how much damage is done to you, and how much damage you do to the enemies. The two difficulties are Normal (The USA release) and Difficult (the Japanese release's default option, since you can choose both in the Japanese release).
    That's boring as heck....

Battons are somewhat difficult to deal with, and I was trying not to get hit.
    It honestly just looked like you could have just ignored them, if you don't mind my saying.

And no reference, I just think the fact that Wily would make a robot that literally throws carrots as a weapon hilarious.
    Maybe they're just bullets tricked out to look like carrots....

I am saving E Tanks, yes. They're quite important, after all.
    I bet you'll forget about them by the end of the game, or have spent them all before you wanted to.

Yes, Woodman's true weakness is Heatman's weapon. Nice deduction
    Hey, wasn't Flameman weak to Iceman's weapon?

9. - Top - End - #69

The older weapons become outdated.

Challange accepted

I could of tried to ignore them, but they're sneaky little things.

Naw, I use the E Tanks exactly when I want them.

Yes, Flameman was weak to the Ice Slasher. Why do you ask?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The older weapons become outdated.
    Psh, the Bomb, maybe. Every other weapon, especially the Lightning one, was awesome.

I could of tried to ignore them, but they're sneaky little things.
    ... the gigantic, bigger than your head, slower than you basketballs with wings?

Naw, I use the E Tanks exactly when I want them.
    Or until Airman, I'm guessing?

Yes, Flameman was weak to the Ice Slasher. Why do you ask?
    Because not all of the weakness weapons seem like they make complete sense. I thought "Blade Cuts Wood" seems logical... and I thought "Flame Melts Ice / Boils Water / Is Hardly Affected by Steam" made sense....

11. - Top - End - #71

How the weapons work is that though Woodman is slightly weaker to the Metal Blades then, say, the megabuster, the idea is that Wily was actually smart when building his robot made entirely of wood, and coated him with a metal finish, so he's effectively made out of metal.

And yes, Battons are sneaky buggers.

And actually no, Airman is...well, you'll see

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

How the weapons work is that though Woodman is slightly weaker to the Metal Blades then, say, the megabuster, the idea is that Wily was actually smart when building his robot made entirely of wood, and coated him with a metal finish, so he's effectively made out of metal.
    ..... yes, that sequence of words you said make perfect sense.

And yes, Battons are sneaky buggers.
    About as Sneaky as Solid Snake....

And actually no, Airman is...well, you'll see
    I know.

13. - Top - End - #73

14. - Top - End - #74

You're not the first to say that (and likely won't be the last )

15. - Top - End - #75

It's that time again, my friends. Tuesday! Lets, ahem, blow this popsicle stand and get on to our next robot master!

Megaman 2 [3] Airman

This stage is fairly difficult, but nothing TO hard. We start off with some fairly annoying to time Air Tikkis (also known as Goblins) that spawn out little Tikkis! For the most part they aren't all that difficult.

The other obstacle this stage has are the Fan Fiends, who constantly blow you backward. They're...really more of a nuscience, but combined with Pippi and his egg bombs that turn into Mini Pippis, it gets a little harder.

Finally, we have Thunder Goro, also known as the Lightning Lord, sitting on his cloud all majestic like. This is the hardest part of the stage, especialy because of the clouds. It's VERY tense, but I manage to pull through.

Finally, we get to Airman himself. His tornados are incredibly difficult to dodge, but with his weakness, the Leaf Shield....well, you'll just have to see how difficult this guy is for yourself

With that we get the Air Shooter, and with that we can tackle the guy who's weak to it. However, we also get equipped with Item #2, so I think next time, we'll pay a visit to the guy who's ACTUALLY weak to the Metal Blades. Untill next time, I hope you enjoyed!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's that time again, my friends. Tuesday! Lets, ahem, blow this popsicle stand and get on to our next robot master!
    Ugh... you blew me away with that one.

You should have added the relevant music.

This stage is fairly difficult, but nothing TO hard.
    You cleared it without dying at all! Not even any failed jumping, and in an air based stage! I'm so proud!

We start off with some fairly annoying to time Air Tikkis (also known as Goblins) that spawn out little Tikkis! For the most part they aren't all that difficult.
    I'm surprised you didn't move any faster going through that part. It looked like you could have kept moving and dodged some of the spikes coming up without having needed to stop.

The other obstacle this stage has are the Fan Fiends, who constantly blow you backward. They're...really more of a nuscience, but combined with Pippi and his egg bombs that turn into Mini Pippis, it gets a little harder.
    I only saw like 1-2 of them.... the Thunder guys seem to show up more.

Finally, we have Thunder Goro, also known as the Lightning Lord, sitting on his cloud all majestic like. This is the hardest part of the stage, especialy because of the clouds. It's VERY tense, but I manage to pull through.
    Indeed! I so was expecting you to fall at least once!

... it's funny. When expected to do death-defying jumps from cloud to cloud, you perform beautifully. And then you trip over a lady bug and fall flat on your face when not under pressure.

DAMN YOU SAKURAI!

Finally, we get to Airman himself. His tornados are incredibly difficult to dodge, but with his weakness, the Leaf Shield....well, you'll just have to see how difficult this guy is for yourself
    Question: Can you control your jumps in this game? I'm surprised there's no use of short hoping to dodge his tornados. I also thought you could launch the Leaf Shield, like Woodman did. I like how you call him difficult when he's one of the few you haven't died against.

With that we get the Air Shooter, and with that we can tackle the guy who's weak to it.
    .... Logically, who would be vunerable to air of these 8?

However, we also get equipped with Item #2, so I think next time, we'll pay a visit to the guy who's ACTUALLY weak to the Metal Blades.
    Fun Fact: Metal Man is the weakest to the Metal Blades.

... actually, who are you going to fight with the Metal Blades next?

Untill next time, I hope you enjoyed!
    I'm still so proud that you didn't die!

17. - Top - End - #77

Trust me, I know Metalman is weak to his own weapons. I was saving that for the end

As for who's OFFICIALY the robot master weak to Metalman? Well, I'm not going to tell you, it'd be to much trubble. As for the robot master weak to Airman, all I can really say is that you'll know when we go and, ahem, do it.

(I through curveballs with my softballs, you see )

Also, I have a small bit of practice with Airman's stage. It's one of the ones I actually bother to practice. Him and Quickman's stages.

You can shoot off the Leaf Shield like Woodman, but his Air Shooter blocks em. Also, you CAN control your jumps, and I try to short hop over them. I'm just not good at it

18. - Top - End - #78

Ok guys, its Tuesday! Lets pop into action!

Megaman 2 [4] Bubbleman

Today we're fighting Bubbleman, the real robot master to be weak to the Metal Blade. In this episode we fight ferocious frogs, horrific hermit crabs, silly shrimp and their aweful angler fish spawner! Also, falling platforms and a background that will kill the framerate almost complete! And we get to showcase Item 2, the Rocket Sled! As an aside, does ANYONE know what in the Nine Hells Roll is talking about when she calls the Angler Fish robot a Monkfish, and how that relates to ANYTHING involving its weakness? Because the weapon it's weakest most to is the Leaf Shield.

We also get the first indication that Beat, our currently not even existent bird, is an evil lier! Two of the paths he provides, if we follow it exactly, lead to us falling onto crabs! What a jerk!

We also get a series staple introduced. WATER PHYSICS! I enjoy the water physics in these games, and its fun to do big ole floaty jumps. However, spikes are not for touching!

Finally, we get to Bubbleman himself. He's actually fairly challanging, due to having a spiked cieling and being generally a nuscience to hit. However, he is a fun boss, and its always cool ducking and weaving through his harpoon shots and Bubble Leads.

With Bubbleman defeated, we get equipped with the Bubble Lead! Does it mean lead or lead? Only YOU decide (spoilers no you don't its lead as in leading someone). Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you all next time when we tackle...Heatman!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, hey. The tiny frogs operate under water physics too. That's a neat touch.

20. - Top - End - #80

Huh, how'd I miss this? Well, just getting to the meat of things so I suppose I'm in a good schedule.

I'm pretty sure Woodman is supposed to be slightly weak to Metal Man's weapon actually Pretty sure it did two ticks while Megabuster did 1. Then again, it's been a long time since I played it but I could swear it was about twice as fast with Metal Blades as with Mega Buster. Mega Man 2 is, AFAIK, the only game of the series to feature secondary weaknesses. Atomic Fire, Crash Bombs and Metal Blades all were supereffective vs. Woodman IIRC (with Atomic Fire being the main weakness of course).

EDIT: And reading up, apparently you said as much too

Here's waiting for Laser Beams tho! The weapon, so good; the stage so hard tho
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-08-07 at 11:10 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Huh, how'd I miss this? Well, just getting to the meat of things so I suppose I'm in a good schedule.

I'm pretty sure Woodman is supposed to be slightly weak to Metal Man's weapon actually Pretty sure it did two ticks while Megabuster did 1. Then again, it's been a long time since I played it but I could swear it was about twice as fast with Metal Blades as with Mega Buster. Mega Man 2 is, AFAIK, the only game of the series to feature secondary weaknesses. Atomic Fire, Crash Bombs and Metal Blades all were supereffective vs. Woodman IIRC (with Atomic Fire being the main weakness of course).

EDIT: And reading up, apparently you said as much too

Here's waiting for Laser Beams tho! The weapon, so good; the stage so hard tho
    Oh, don't worry, I'll have fun with the laser beams

And I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-07 at 11:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

This place is starting to heat up, it's time for Megaman 2 Tuesdays!

Megaman 2 [5] Heatman

Today's episode has us tackling Heatman! A difficult stage to be sure, but thanks to our Item 2, we can quickly jet through the more difficult portions of the stage. In all honesty, the rest of this place isn't that bad (and the music is awesome).

Heatman is another matter. He is quite difficult a boss, and it doesn't help that Bubble Lead isn't able to hit him 100% of the time. However, I like to think I did a relatively decent job.

And with that we get Atomic Fire, but the person who's weak to that is already defeated. I wonder who we'll fight next...anyway, I hope you all enjoyed, see you all next time!

23. - Top - End - #83

The trick to Heatman is to shoot immediately when he shifts back from the flame form (helps to be near him); this way he doesn't have time to throw more fire, which in turn can be quite tricky to dodge. Every hit turns him back faster; I almost find him easier with Megabuster than with Bubble Lead simply because it hits faster ^^ Good job tho, especially with Bubble Lead.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-08-14 at 11:21 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

24. - Top - End - #84

Yha, I'm just not the best at timing that unfortunately XP

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

*raises hand*

question. what's with the person giving clues. don't people figure things out the hard way any more?
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    *raises hand*

question. what's with the person giving clues. don't people figure things out the hard way any more?
    As I've said, this is the Anniversary Collection. I'm playing this on the Anniversary Collection's Navi mode, which adds a helper on the pause screen. They have terrible english and are being shown purely because of said terrible english. I don't need the hints

Plot wise, it's Roll, Megaman's sister.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Plot wise, it's Roll, Megaman's sister.
    Dr Light needs a humour transplant. STAT.

I only played up to MM4... and MMX on the SNES
    pretty sure i can still do the armoured armadillo stage from muscle memory.

stupid "Ha-Do-Ken" secret... having to do that stage 4 times...
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

28. - Top - End - #88

Dr Light needs a humour transplant. STAT.

I only played up to MM4... and MMX on the SNES
    pretty sure i can still do the armoured armadillo stage from muscle memory.

stupid "Ha-Do-Ken" secret... having to do that stage 4 times...
    Rock and Roll is an awesome pun. Wait untill you see our other friends

The Hadoken secret is awesome, but we'll touch apon that another time.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

*raises hand*

Eh. If you take the time to read the 'clues' you will probably notice that they have yet to say anything useful, and half the time they don't even say anything comprehensible.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2012-08-15 at 12:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Eh. If you take the time to read the 'clues' you will probably notice that they have yet to say anything useful, and half the time they don't even say anything comprehensible.
    Yha, there's also this