New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Elemental's Excitingly Excellent Random Banter: No.CLXXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Define "intelligent". Right now, you could be anything between a partial vegetarian and a restrained cannibal
    Intelligence is rather difficult to define.
    But out of those two, I'd go with restrained cannibal.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Fixing new page error.

And that's all I really have to say.

Except that my weekend starts right now.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #813
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Fixing new page error.

Please do not do this. If you wish to see whats there, hit reply and don't reply, then scroll down. Do not post just to fix an error.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Fixing new page error.

You're right! It's been Saturday for almost an hour now.
    I need to seriously consider getting to bed because I have yard work to do tomorrow.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You're right! It's been Saturday for almost an hour now.
    I need to seriously consider getting to bed because I have yard work to do tomorrow.
    Friday 5PM here. Finally. It's been a long week.

Aaaand I'm gone.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Friday 5PM here. Finally. It's been a long week.

Aaaand I'm gone.
    Well, I live in the future, remember?
    Also, enjoy your weekend.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Did you tell them to "Kneel before Zod"?
    I did not, since I actually want to get my job

Don't worry, it's mostly healed now. I was afraid that my wrist had taken a hit and would get all swollen, but it seems to have been spared, and I can without any problems use it for quite heavy tasks, like wielding an oversized saw.

ION:
    I'm back up north again, playing lumberjack in the somewhat reduced mess, but this time around I've also got a swarm of younger cousines climbing all over my back. We managed to take down a pine tree that had fallen down onto and gotten stuck in another pine. The forces were astronomous, so cutting the stem and the various branches was done in record time. One branch, ca 10 cm wide, snapped right off when I only had gotten 1,5 cm into it with the saw!
    Yay, I'm glad you're healing up nicely! Nurse Zodi mode must be working!

Also...awesome. Good job on chopping down that tree. Gotta be really satisfying felling such a large, mighty beast.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I did not, since I actually want to get my job

Also...awesome. Good job on chopping down that tree. Gotta be really satisfying felling such a large, mighty beast.
    Mmm, Nurse Zodi.

On the dissection of trees for removal: How do you deal with the way the saw gets trapped between the sections when you're more than half through? That's the one part I always have trouble with.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps it does.

Well, it was already mostly felled thanks to Dagmar (the storm), so we only had to finish the job, but yes, it's satisfying.

IRN:
    We lit a bonfire to get rid of all the twigs and branches our work produces. Somehow, it managed to light the inside of an old tree on fire, and it took some effort to extinguish all of the embers.

IRRN:
    Embers from said bonfire seem to have landed on me while I was working with it, and have managed to burn holes in my favourite fleece jacket. I'm very displeased with this turn of events.

ION:
    It seems my phone has managed to upgrade itself (i.e. introduce a bunch of new bugs) without notifying me first. I seriously wonder how they manage to write as bad code as THIS? Are they doing this ON PURPOSE?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    On the dissection of trees for removal: How do you deal with the way the saw gets trapped between the sections when you're more than half through? That's the one part I always have trouble with.
    Identify which side is under the most pressure and saw from the other side. If it's a standing tree, attack it from both directions.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-05-18 at 10:55 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820

Perhaps it does.

Well, it was already mostly felled thanks to Dagmar (the storm), so we only had to finish the job, but yes, it's satisfying.

IRN:
    We lit a bonfire to get rid of all the twigs and branches our work produces. Somehow, it managed to light the inside of an old tree on fire, and it took some effort to extinguish all of the embers.

IRRN:
    Embers from said bonfire seem to have landed on me while I was working with it, and have managed to burn holes in my favourite fleece jacket. I'm very displeased with this turn of events.

ION:
    It seems my phone has managed to upgrade itself (i.e. introduce a bunch of new bugs) without notifying me first. I seriously wonder how they manage to write as bad code as THIS? Are they doing this ON PURPOSE?
    Dagmar sounds like an awesome word.

Oh man bonfire. Hope it's not illegal to burn things without a license, because I know it is here.

Oh no, poor jacket. It's always sad when a favorite jacket is ruined in some way.

They do it on purpose. They don't WANT to be bad, but everything they do causes it to be bad and they just don't realize its bad.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Dagmar sounds like an awesome word.

Oh man bonfire. Hope it's not illegal to burn things without a license, because I know it is here.

Oh no, poor jacket. It's always sad when a favorite jacket is ruined in some way.

They do it on purpose. They don't WANT to be bad, but everything they do causes it to be bad and they just don't realize its bad.
    Dagmar is an old name. It's the Norwegians who name all the storms around here.

And there's no restrictions against fires this season. When it gets dry, perhaps, but no one really cares out here in the middle of nowhere. Indeed, burning the old grass off the pastures is an old practice that still lives on.

And I've had a bit of bad luck when it comes to my favourite stuff lately. Given, I should be a bit more careful with my stuff as well...

Seems plausible.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-05-18 at 11:20 AM.

Show

12. - Top - End - #822

Dagmar is an old name. It's the Norwegians who name all the storms around here.

And there's no restrictions against fires this season. When it gets dry, perhaps, but no one really cares out here in the middle of nowhere. Indeed, burning the old grass off the pastures is an old practice that still lives on.

And I've had a bit of bad luck when it comes to my favourite stuff lately. Given, I should be a bit more careful with my stuff as well...

Seems plausible.
    Ohh, ok. I will note, its better then naming them after women. Hurricane Ethel sounds a lot less threatening then Dagmar.

Understandable, but I'll note that unless "middle of nowhere" means "tree just randomly in the middle of nowhere with no other trees near it" that setting fires is still dangerous. Just me being a worry wart, though.

Awe. It's always sad when our favorite stuff gets ruined.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Firbolg in the Playground

The most terrible thing happened yesterday!

I met Law Friend, and we chatted, which was awesome. And then she mentioned that she wanted babies, which kind of creeped me out, because babies. And she said she would make me godmother of at least one of them.

This involves actually caring for and looking after sprogs. And liking them! I don't think I like children! They're weird!
    She said that she'd do it just to see my face when I swear to 'raise the child in the faith' or whatever it is CoE do. She's willing to go through that ceremony in a thing she doesn't believe in just to see my face when I say that. This is genius trolling; Law Friend is clearly my soulmate, but you all knew that already.

I am going to be either the best or the worst godmother ever. And definitely very confusing for the child(ren) in question.
    Obviously not going to refuse, but children.
    Seriously, what kind of person puts me in charge of children? And I'm expected to buy them gifts (books) and visit them and . . . look after them and things?
    How does one godparent anyway?

ION:
    Fourteen hours down, six and a bit to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground

If she's serious about making you godmother that shows she puts a great deal of trust in you.

Of course the downside is you might actually have to take care of a child. Which is terrifying, so yeah.....

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    ...pfffft. Drag is a cemetarian, he's just dead meat.
    Oh crap, I live in a graveyard?

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I met Law Friend, and we chatted, which was awesome. And then she mentioned that she wanted babies, which kind of creeped me out, because babies. And she said she would make me godmother of at least one of them.
    BABIES! I love children! I'm going to have like ten of them!

Wait...

This involves actually caring for and looking after sprogs. And liking them! I don't think I like children! They're weird!
    She said that she'd do it just to see my face when I swear to 'raise the child in the faith' or whatever it is CoE do. She's willing to go through that ceremony in a thing she doesn't believe in just to see my face when I say that. This is genius trolling; Law Friend is clearly my soulmate, but you all knew that already.
    Boooo to false promises.

Though I must admit, that is masterful trolling.

I am going to be either the best or the worst godmother ever. And definitely very confusing for the child(ren) in question.
    Seriously, what kind of person puts me in charge of children? And I'm expected to buy them gifts (books) and visit them and . . . look after them and things?
    My godparents (who I quite like) basically fulfilled the same role as an aunt and uncle would, though without being actual blood relatives. Just think of what such relatives that you liked did, and emulate that. I've found the perfect way to dodge the bullet; be the one doing the baptizing. There, no godparent duties ever. Though I suppose I could become a godfather within the next six years, if one was crazy enough to give me that job.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

16. - Top - End - #826

I don't have godparents. I don't even know what they are. I just thought it was a way of saying "You're really cool, and you're basically as much of a part of our family as we can make you aside from marrying you."
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    If she's serious about making you godmother that shows she puts a great deal of trust in you.

Of course the downside is you might actually have to take care of a child. Which is terrifying, so yeah.....
    She is serious, she wouldn't joke about this sort of thing. In spite of my fascinated ambivalence towards children, I'm really flattered by the trust she's putting in me, even as I wonder if she actually knows me, because I've often expressed confusion about children.
    Still, she does know I can be freakishly good with children at times, so maybe she sees something in me I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Oh crap, I live in a graveyard?
    You're a pet semetarian?! Oh noes!

BABIES! I love children! I'm going to have like ten of them!

Wait...
    Ten. Seriously? That's a lot.
    Well, there's always adoption and unofficial parenting. Mentoring. That sort of thing.

Boooo to false promises.

Though I must admit, that is masterful trolling.
    It's a serious offer, the trolling is just a bonus. And if I'm honest, I'm hoping our friendship last for a proper long time, so meeting the children is inevitable.
    Oh God. Children. And being old enough to actually have them.

My godparents (who I quite like) basically fulfilled the same role as an aunt and uncle would, though without being actual blood relatives. Just think of what such relatives that you liked did, and emulate that. I've found the perfect way to dodge the bullet; be the one doing the baptizing. There, no godparent duties ever. Though I suppose I could become a godfather within the next six years, if one was crazy enough to give me that job.
    Oh, I can do Cool, But Slightly Insane Aunt Who Brings Awesome Presents. Well, books. And I'd show them all the best (read: nerdy) places on the internet! The ones I know about anyway.
    Still kind of intimidating though.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I don't have godparents. I don't even know what they are. I just thought it was a way of saying "You're really cool, and you're basically as much of a part of our family as we can make you aside from marrying you."
    Alas, she is straight, otherwise I would definitely date her. Why are all the best ones straight?

>.>
    Just realised that she know all about the Playground, Hell, I even asked her to the Thor movie night (she had revision or she'd have been girling out too), and have maybe, kind of, possibly been asking her to join.
    She also knows that I call her Law Friend. If she's lurking, or if she's joined - !
    Totally not awkward at all.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2012-05-18 at 04:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #828

You're a pet semetarian?! Oh noes!
    That reminds me, I need to read more Stephen King. I haven't touched much of his stuff since I finished the Dark Tower series, which was very very very very good.

Ten. Seriously? That's a lot.
    Well, there's always adoption and unofficial parenting. Mentoring. That sort of thing.
    Ok, well maybe not ten, but definitely many. I grew up as an only child living with only one parent at a time, so the experience of an actual family has sort of passed me by, which is why if I ever had kids I'd want plenty. Though I think ten would be pretty difficult to accomplish.

It's a serious offer, the trolling is just a bonus. And if I'm honest, I'm hoping our friendship last for a proper long time, so meeting the children is inevitable.
    Heh, your horror at the thought of children amuses me.

Oh, I can do Cool, But Slightly Insane Aunt Who Brings Awesome Presents. Well, books. And I'd show them all the best (read: nerdy) places on the internet! The ones I know about anyway.
    Still kind of intimidating though.
    Well, now I wish you were my aunt.

Just realised that she know all about the Playground, Hell, I even asked her to the Thor movie night (she had revision or she'd have been girling out too), and have maybe, kind of, possibly been asking her to join.
    She also knows that I call her Law Friend. If she's lurking, or if she's joined - !
    Totally not awkward at all.
    I actually live in horror of the idea that people I know will one day find this place. It's all because of my username, which I am kind of embarrassed of. Seriously, "Dragonprime" is some garbage I thought of when I was eleven and needed a username for Runescape. Now I typically used "Biedrik" as an alias on the internet. Dragonprime is just so...bleh. It's getting changed to something like DPrime once the Name Change thread works again. Father DPrime in six years.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

19. - Top - End - #829
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, Dragonprime should just fine to me. Form is just something random I came up because I didn't want to use my other, preferred online alias out of fear people might make the connection. Seems like such a silly concern now. I don't think I even use the other alias anywhere anyway.

ION: I've been playing a lot of mahjong against computer players for a while now. Looks like tonight might be a long night. I wonder for how long I can keep going until I get too tired...

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

I've found the perfect way to dodge the bullet; be the one doing the baptizing. There, no godparent duties ever. Though I suppose I could become a godfather within the next six years, if one was crazy enough to give me that job.
    Not a guaranteed way of dodging the bullet- because that depends on rules of individual denominations... for example, I'm aware of at least one pastor who has more godchildren than most people have real children.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

21. - Top - End - #831

Wait, Dragonprime, can you even HAVE children?

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Ohh, ok. I will note, its better then naming them after women. Hurricane Ethel sounds a lot less threatening then Dagmar.

Understandable, but I'll note that unless "middle of nowhere" means "tree just randomly in the middle of nowhere with no other trees near it" that setting fires is still dangerous. Just me being a worry wart, though.
    Dagmar sounds very old-fashioned to me. Don't worry, every other storm gets a female name. They used to be female only, but then came gender equality and introduced male names as well.

Nope, we're in the taiga belt: "nowhere" is a huge coniferous forest, and we're in the middle of it. Given, this time of the year the nature tends to be quite damp from rain, and the tree in question, while having a rotten core that was as dry as tinder, was still alive, so while some part of the core must have caught on fire quickly from some small embers that the wind carried from the fire, there wasn't much for it to spread to, so when we discovered it, it was just a long streak of small embers along the inside of the trunk. Also, it's right next to the lake we have here, and we already had a ladder nearby thanks to our logging works, so it put out pretty quickly, even though I had to tear out some of the rotten wood in order to reach some of the trickier places.

Show

23. - Top - End - #833

Wait, Dragonprime, can you even HAVE children?
    Well, as far as I know I could if I tried. I've just chosen not to. I was speaking hypothetically.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2012-05-18 at 06:41 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I actually live in horror of the idea that people I know will one day find this place. It's all because of my username, which I am kind of embarrassed of. Seriously, "Dragonprime" is some garbage I thought of when I was eleven and needed a username for Runescape. Now I typically used "Biedrik" as an alias on the internet. Dragonprime is just so...bleh. It's getting changed to something like DPrime once the Name Change thread works again. Father DPrime in six years.
    Heh.

Two people know that I am AtlanteanTroll on here, though only one has actually ever been on the actual site. Which is good, because the other person is someone I've talked rather extensively in the Relationship Woe and advice thread and that would have been horrible. The other person only ever visited once because I posted an English prompt sometime as it was ridiculously dumb and she was googling the prompt looking around for some inspiration.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #835

Dagmar sounds very old-fashioned to me. Don't worry, every other storm gets a female name. They used to be female only, but then came gender equality and introduced male names as well.

Nope, we're in the taiga belt: "nowhere" is a huge coniferous forest, and we're in the middle of it. Given, this time of the year the nature tends to be quite damp from rain, and the tree in question, while having a rotten core that was as dry as tinder, was still alive, so while some part of the core must have caught on fire quickly from some small embers that the wind carried from the fire, there wasn't much for it to spread to, so when we discovered it, it was just a long streak of small embers along the inside of the trunk. Also, it's right next to the lake we have here, and we already had a ladder nearby thanks to our logging works, so it put out pretty quickly, even though I had to tear out some of the rotten wood in order to reach some of the trickier places.
    Ooooh, ok. Makes sense!

Well, as far as I know I could if I tried. I've just chosen not to. I was speaking hypothetically.
    Ah, ok. I was just confused a little

26. - Top - End - #836

A FRIEND A YEAR YOUNGER THAN ME IS GOING TO BE A FATHER.
    THE PREGNANCY WASN'T EVEN AN ACCIDENT.
    I WILL PROBABLY MEET THE BABY IT WILL BE SO WEIRD.

Alas, she is straight, otherwise I would definitely date her. Why are all the best ones straight?
    *Is clearly not one of the best ones*
    *Is le sadface*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

The most terrible thing happened yesterday!

You could be a great godparent. Half the time after the age of 4 you don't even need to see them more than once a year. My godfather just brought me to his house one time and showed me some Spongebob. All was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    A FRIEND A YEAR YOUNGER THAN ME IS GOING TO BE A FATHER.
    THE PREGNANCY WASN'T EVEN AN ACCIDENT.
    I WILL PROBABLY MEET THE BABY IT WILL BE SO WEIRD.
    I confused. Of course SOMEONE you know will be a father before you think it'd happen. It's a sitcom law. Your 'probably' looks so hilarious in that sentence...

Well, hypothetically, your a dying dragon hooked up to the dead dragon lifesupport Matrix-land, and this life is all an elaborate illusion made by dragon tech.
    Ok, well maybe not ten, but definitely many. I grew up as an only child living with only one parent at a time, so the experience of an actual family has sort of passed me by, which is why if I ever had kids I'd want plenty. Though I think ten would be pretty difficult to accomplish.

Heh, your horror at the thought of children amuses me.

Well, now I wish you were my aunt.

Yeah, go wish you could have plen'y of kids. Good luck ever finding a woman nowadays willing to go through that nine times.

People's horror at the thought of children amuses me, but I easily sympathize. THOSE THINGS ARE DEVILSPAWNED MONSTAHS!

... Dragonprime played Runescape? You should keep name. And it should be Fadda Dragonis Prime.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I thought all the best ones were gay and/or married?
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Where the heck did this question come from, anyway?

And I know I'm not allowed to have children, legally.

Edit: This is awesome.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2012-05-18 at 08:00 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Where the heck did this question come from, anyway?

And I know I'm not allowed to have children, legally.

Edit: This is awesome.
    Well, I'm a friend of DragonPrime, and he's a priest, so I was wondering what had changed, if anything, to make him say something like that