New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Elemental's Excitingly Excellent Random Banter: No.CLXXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    What's the occassion?
    No occasion, I just felt like wearing something pretty. I bought this dress a while ago and it's finally warm enough to wear it.

That and I like dressing up in fancy clothes to do everyday things. Most of what I wear in the spring/summer/fall are skirts and dresses, and some of them quite fancy. =3

Also, I ended up going with no lipstick, because nothing I did looked right.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You are in high school are you not? My bed time is 11 as long as I don't have something to do for school, but I keep my laptop in my room so I've been up to 2 AM for most of the school year.
    Yes, I'm in high school. But I'm incredibly tired and cranky if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep at night, so I generally shoot for going to bed at 11 on bad nights and 10:30 on good ones. As much as I love staying up late, I hate getting up early even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Bedtime?
    *scoff*

Hey Perry. You'll be in Year 2 IB next year. When you get the chance to go to bed at Midnight, you will CRY in RELIEF.

My usual bedtime the last year has been 1, or 2.
    That's what people told me last year before I started IB, but I've never been up past 12 doing homework so far. I guess we'll see. I'm going to turn into a crazy coffee addict if I'm up that late on a regular basis.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I'm in Uni and I go to bed at around 11 to 12 (granted I actually plan for it and have to make concessions for that to happen). High School had me up to 3 A.M. on certain days.
    I mean, I probably go to be at 3 twice a month or so. But when I've been going to bed at 2 AM 95% of the time, it doesn't really mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    Yes, I'm in high school. But I'm incredibly tired and cranky if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep at night, so I generally shoot for going to bed at 11 on bad nights and 10:30 on good ones. As much as I love staying up late, I hate getting up early even more.
    I love sleep too. I've been doing my damnedest to go to bed at midnight but it just isn't as fun. Plus, I think my bodies been getting used to the 5 hours of sleep.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-05-07 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's what people told me last year before I started IB, but I've never been up past 12 doing homework so far. I guess we'll see. I'm going to turn into a crazy coffee addict if I'm up that late on a regular basis.
    Yeah, it's turned me into a bit of a coffee addict. But that's ok because I love coffee, coffee is delicious!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. Whichever one of us is supposed to be a bad influence on you is clearly slacking off.

...wait...I hope that wasn't my job.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, I probably go to be at 3 twice a month or so. But when I've been going to bed at 2 AM 95% of the time, it doesn't really mean much.
    Last year I could count the times I went to bed before three with my hand. There were days I did not sleep to complete projects. Now that there are no projects and I only have to study, and have gotten better at organising myself it's wonderful, to the point going to uni is delightful.

I love sleep too. I've been doing my damnedest to go to bed at midnight but it just isn't as fun. Plus, I think my bodies been getting used to the 5 hours of sleep.
    Not a good idea. You probably are getting the necessary sleep on weekends or on vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Yeah, it's turned me into a bit of a coffee addict. But that's ok because I love coffee, coffee is delicious!
    Tea is more energizing due to higher caffeine concentration.
    Also, coke cola is better for fast energy injection.

Riskier methods include the ice on eyes process, the red bull-coke cola-maracuya_juice energy drink and Ritalin (which is not something one should ever use unless diagnosed).
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Hmm. Whichever one of us is supposed to be a bad influence on you is clearly slacking off.

...wait...I hope that wasn't my job.
    Don't worry, I'm pretty certain that's my job.

Edit: Coffee is tastier than tea, I like coffee.

I use coffee for longterm, and Coca Cola for short-term bursts of energy. I hate most energy drinks though...
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-05-07 at 06:32 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

I myself can't stand either tea or coffee, and I only drink coca-cola when there's nothing else in the house to drink because I prefer to not drink water.

Also, I'm getting a hair cut today. Only two inches at the most though because I hate my hair being really short and would prefer it to be longer than it is, but I have to have it neat.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #219

I prefer tea, but few things beat a well made coffee. I have a friend who used to work in a really high end coffee shop, so when he occasionally brews a pot it is worth its weight in gold because of how delicious it is.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Last year I could count the times I went to bed before three with my hand. There were days I did not sleep to complete projects. Now that there are no projects and I only have to study, and have gotten better at organising myself it's wonderful, to the point going to uni is delightful.
    That sounds bass ackwards and is a down right contradiction to the experience of most college students I know.

Not a good idea. You probably are getting the necessary sleep on weekends or on vacations.
    Pfft. I've still grown an inch on 5 hours of sleep. I'm fine. And honestly, I'm not sure 2 nights of 9 hours makes up for 5 nights of 5 hours. But, as stated, I'm fine, so whatever.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bah. Caffeine pills are where it's at after my usual four hours of sleep per night.

That or standing up in the back of the room. Do your guys' instructors let/make you do that if you can't stay awake?
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds bass ackwards and is a down right contradiction to the experience of most college students I know.
    Carpe Diem, suckers!

Pfft. I've still grown an inch on 5 hours of sleep. I'm fine. And honestly, I'm not sure 2 nights of 9 hours makes up for 5 nights of 5 hours. But, as stated, I'm fine, so whatever.
    You'll soon get the free mascara called eye bags.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-05-07 at 08:51 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

13. - Top - End - #223

Sweet tea, all the way. I can't even imagine how I would live without it.
    Semi-related to that, apparently one of my favorite places to go eat on trips only has three buildings in my state, which would explain very well why it's my favorite place to eat on trips.
    None of these are convenient, aaaaaaaah.

ION: Yearbooks are in at my school, and as I've been thinking about who I want to have sign it I'm realizing how many of my friends right now are seniors that are graduating and moving on. This is a sting for me because I actually grew up with the senior class more than my junior class. It's a sad face moment, but at least the juniors I've got around are cool bros to know.

bass ackwards
    On purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Bah. Caffeine pills are where it's at after my usual four hours of sleep per night.

That or standing up in the back of the room. Do your guys' instructors let/make you do that if you can't stay awake?
    Only the threat of such humiliation, but they never seem to follow through. Except for once, in JROTC, but it wasn't me so it doesn't count.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    On purpose?
    Yes on purpose. You've never heard that saying?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-05-07 at 08:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Yes on purpose. You've never heard that saying?
    No, but even if I did, enough hilariously unintentional typos have been made in RB that I feel I have to ask if I'm unsure or I run the risk of laughing at the wrong joke. And laughing at the wrong joke is a crime.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2012-05-07 at 09:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Quite. Though asking AT about a typo is pretty wise, he is TERR-EE-BLEH at typing and speeling things. Terr-ee-bleh I say!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have been doing so for months, and mine are no worse than anybody else's. Though, there is a fair portion of people in my grade who do have some pretty drastic eye-bags..

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Quite. Though asking AT about a typo is pretty wise, he is TERR-EE-BLEH at typing and speeling things. Terr-ee-bleh I say!
    Bah. Maybe so, but you're completely unintelligible even when you type things out correctly.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Carpe Diem, suckers!

I have that! I actually like it. The whole portwine stain thing is harder to notice, it just looks like I'm sleep deprived this way. Whih I am of course, but still. Its not that bad.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, for a large part of university I got by on about 5 hours of sleep a night. I never had any trouble staying awake or falling asleep. 5 hours are quite enough. Even though I'm probably never going to get rid of these shadows under my eyes again.

I never did drink so much coffee to keep going. 3 or 4 strong cups a day, that's all I need.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Eh, for a large part of university I got by on about 5 hours of sleep a night. I never had any trouble staying awake or falling asleep. 5 hours are quite enough. Even though I'm probably never going to get rid of these shadows under my eyes again.

I never did drink so much coffee to keep going. 3 or 4 strong cups a day, that's all I need.
    That actually sounds like quite a bit to me. Don't you build up a caffeine dependence if you drink that much each day?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Yeah, 3-4 sounds like a lot. Despite the fact it's the amount mum and dad normally drink.

I haven't succumbed to caffeine yet. I drink hot chocolate occasionally, but am not dependent on it. Might be a bit dependent on chocolate in general, however...

Pretty sure some time I'll be shattered and friends will try and ploy me with tea to get me hooked to it. Then I'll be doomed.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    That actually sounds like quite a bit to me. Don't you build up a caffeine dependence if you drink that much each day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Yeah, 3-4 sounds like a lot. Despite the fact it's the amount mum and dad normally drink.
    Heh, really? I had a house mate who drinks about 11 cups a day. And, well, I'll admit to a slight headache if I don't drink any coffee during the day, but nothing incapacitating.

One in the morning, one about halfway during the workday, and two when I get home to relax. Is that really a lot? Huh.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Heh, really? I had a house mate who drinks about 11 cups a day. And, well, I'll admit to a slight headache if I don't drink any coffee during the day, but nothing incapacitating.

One in the morning, one about halfway during the workday, and two when I get home to relax. Is that really a lot? Huh.
    I usually stick to only 2 cups on a day and only if I'm working (which isn't often these days ).

So, 11 cups a day, eh? I wonder how your housemate handled that. Moreso, I wonder what it'd be like if he stops drinking coffee.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't used to need caffeine in the morning, but ever since joining the working world, 4 cups of coffee at least. And I usually need a soda to get through the afternoon.

Going to a funeral at the cathedral today.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Tea is more energizing due to higher caffeine concentration.
    You must have some really watered down coffee or you're just eating your tea leaves as is, because the caffeine content of regular coffee greatly exceeds that of regular tea.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You must have some really watered down coffee or you're just eating your tea leaves as is, because the caffeine content of regular coffee greatly exceeds that of regular tea.
    There's a higher concentration of caffeine in tea leaves than coffee beans. There's a higher concentration of caffeine in brewed coffee than brewed tea.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    There's a higher concentration of caffeine in tea leaves than coffee beans. There's a higher concentration of caffeine in brewed coffee than brewed tea.
    Hence the "eating your tea leaves as is".

Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    In other words, if you use the exact same amount of tea as people do coffee, there'd be more caffeine.

@Mauve: We'll keep you in our thoughts.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    In other words, if you use the exact same amount of tea as people do coffee, there'd be more caffeine.
    And since tea weight pretty much nothing in its dried state, this would pretty much fill your cup with leaves.

Also, it depends on how well the caffeine passes out into the water, but I don't know if there's any difference between them there.

Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

This might be a good time to post Black Blood of the Earth again.

I just love this concept.