New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A:TLAITP: Avatar: The Last Airbender Planning Thread 1

I think I'll just settle a temple in any city we decide to start and see where it leads me.
    It's BACK!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

For the record, my character can fit at any location. So I don't mind where we start off ^_^
    Characters:
    Hoffy T. Oast
    Peggles the One-Legged Pirate Giraffe
    Lenny R. Oast

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show

This lovely creation made Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. So, I'm willing to run a plot with Earth Kindgom/Southern Water tribe extremists launching attacks on colonies and Fire Nation citizens because they think Fire Nation is "getting off easy". Who would be willing to be in this plot? Mind you, I think we should have a couple of plots with a few characters each. Nothing's stopping someone from having two or more characters, each in a different plot.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I think I might try to make some trouble.

My Evil-ish character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kumano Jiwari (990033, aka Fire Nation Red)
    Nation: Fire
    Description: Kumano is a young, pale man, around 20, with long greyish black hair and brown eyes. He wears a standard firebending soldier's armor, minus the helmet. He also has a tattoo of an eye on his forehead.
    Personality: Kumano, while no longer loyal to Ozai, still has problems accepting the other tribes as equal. While not necessarily evil, Kumano does have a temper, and is not one to turn down a fight, or back down.
    Abilities: Kumano was Combustion Man's apprentice, and therefore is a firebender with similar abilities. However, Kumano has perfected Combustion Man's technique, and can control the size of the explosion as well as the location within his line of sight.
    Backstory: Kumano grew up in Jang Hui until he was about 6, when he ran away to join the fire nation army. Instead, he got lost, and ended up finding Combustion Man in his layer. Combustion Man takes him in and teaches him to firebend in the same style. He goes on to train for a few years, then Combustion Man leaves to find the Avatar. When his master doesn't return, Kumano leaves the fire nation to make a living for himself, becoming known as a mercenary, fighting for and against his nation. Having just gotten paid, he is taking a short leave from his job to spend his money.
    Relationships: The only person Kumano even remotely trusts is Quato, who saved him from a mob of angry earthbenders during one of his jobs. He is currently catching up with Quato in [whatever city we choose to start in].

EDIT: Oh, and Morty, I'd love to be involved in that. I think Kumano here'd fit in perfectly.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-05-17 at 01:36 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: A:TLAITP: Avatar: The Last Airbender Planning Thread 1

Character time! :3

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Michi (Formerly Yuuki)

Nation: Northern Water Tribe.

Description: Michi is thin and a bit on the short side, but clearly well-fed and healthy. The brown hair is kept in a short hairstyle that allows a few bangs without getting in the way. Both the hair and the Earth Kingdom clothing that Michi wears have a rough self-made style to them, however, as if the Water Bender had made the haircut with a knife. Michi's eyes are quite dark, almost making the pupil and iris indistinguishable.

Personality: Curious, adventurous, absent-minded and careless. Michi is quite interested in the different cultures of the world and the mysteries within them. Although attentive to many details, Michi can easily forget big pictures or common sense when dealing with the intriguing and adventurous facets of life.

Michi tries to be friendly and cheerful toward strangers. Wanting to keep up hope.

Abilities: Trained in Water Bending and combat by blade and club, Michi has reasonable fighting abilities. Michi is more focused on experimenting with bending and using the flexibility of the Moon's element for movement and investigation than combat, however. The young Bender is skilled, if unexperienced, at acrobatics and stealth.

Backstory: Born in the Northern Water Tribe to one of the nobler families, Yuuki was afforded good training and education. The other nations and especially the other Water-Bending societies intrigued the child, who planned to visit them upon adulthood.

The family had other plans, however, as they thought Yuuki's happiness secured if the youngster could marry the child of another strong family. Taking after the arrangements usually reserved for royalty or other nations, they attempted to arrange most of Yuuki's life by themselves.

The plans ended poorly, however, as the young Water Bender did not appreciate being confined. Even though the intended spouse and Yuuki were friends, both objected. When one especially bad fight ended in Yuuki's friend hurt, Yuuki decided to leave the North Pole behind.

With a new name and a changed appearance, Michi embarked to the Earth Kingdom, heading for Ba Sing Se to begin studying the mysteries of the world.

Relationships: Few. Michi has not been able to keep any contact to friends in the Northern Water Tribe.

I would be interested in being in that plot, Morty. It seems quite good for starting out.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-05-17 at 02:28 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Alright. So, I'm willing to run a plot with Earth Kindgom/Southern Water tribe extremists launching attacks on colonies and Fire Nation citizens because they think Fire Nation is "getting off easy". Who would be willing to be in this plot? Mind you, I think we should have a couple of plots with a few characters each. Nothing's stopping someone from having two or more characters, each in a different plot.
    That could tie in quite well with Sosumi's backstory. Count me in.

Also, I've got an idea for an earthbender character who also has a punny name. Have a look.

~

Name: Wai Mi.

Nation: Earth Kingdom.

Description: Wai Mi is a small, stocky girl in her mid-teens, with dark skin, long, scraggly black hair and sharp green eyes. Her outfit is a simple green robe in poor repair.

Personality: Wai Mi is dedicated and defiantly optimistic. No matter how bad her luck gets, she's determined to find a way. She's friendly and eager to please, but can be careless as well.

Abilities: Wai Mi has some self-taught earthbending skills. While she lacks proper training, she can still pull off a few good tricks.

Backstory: An orphan raised by an unsuccessful cabbage merchant, Wai Mi grew up to become an unsuccessful merchant as well. Armed with her earthbending and a strong will, she has wandered the Earth Kingdom for the past few years, battling bandits, getting cheated, and falling victim to other kinds of bad luck. So far, she's barely managed to make a living through her trading. Still, she's willing to keep trying until things turn around for her, no matter how long it takes.

Relationships: None yet.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

As token third player of a Fire Nation national, I say "sure, why not".

Also, I'm willing to play a Triad, in case anyone wants to get involved with the criminal element of Republic City, whether for or against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    As token third player of a Fire Nation national, I say "sure, why not".

Also, I'm willing to play a Triad, in case anyone wants to get involved with the criminal element of Republic City, whether for or against.
    My character would probably fit well in some sort of criminal activities.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

9. - Top - End - #99

I would like to join with this character.

~

Name: When Uhg.

Nation: Earth Kingdom / Water Tribe.

Description: When Uhg is a very short, but fit, 18 years old. He resembles a Hawaiian.

Personality: When Uhg is generally calm, but have random explosions of anger that affects his bends.

Abilities: When Uhg is an earth bender, but he learned most of his bending skills with his mother. Therefore he controls earth in a more fluid way and have easier time with sand and mud than rocks and metal.

Backstory: His parents met in the final months of war. His mother was part of a healing squad of the Northern Water Tribe and his father a soldier for the Earth Kingdom. After the war he was born learn to hate fire benders and the fire nation, a hate that is only based on his father's experiences.
    It's BACK!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like I should make one thing clear. I intended the PCs to oppose the terrorists, not join them. Well, unless you want your PCs to fight each other, in which case feel free.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel like I should make one thing clear. I intended the PCs to oppose the terrorists, not join them. Well, unless you want your PCs to fight each other, in which case feel free.
    Well, I kinda made my guy as at least a bit of an antagonist, because from past RP's I've done on this forum, and I've done a lot, conflict is what keeps a game alive.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't talking about your character. I was talking about Methos' character, since it looks like he'd be the kind of guy to join those terrorists.
    Anyway, let's make a quick roster:
    - CMOTDibbler
    - Keveak
    - PurityIcekiller
    - Kid Kris
    - MethosH
    The game would start either in the budding Republic City or a new, large city in the United Republic.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose I should make a character sheet thing for my triad boss some time. My main idea for him is that, about a decade ago, he would have been the triad boss. Everyone either respected him, stayed the hell out of the way, or got a one way trip to the bottom of the bay. That was a decade ago. Now he's getting a little bit older, and the Triad is suffering. Rivals ("That no-good upstart 'Lightning Bolt' Zolt and his 'Triple Threat' goons..." ) starting up opposing triads and making grabs at his territory, rivals within the triad trying to wrest control from him, and even his loyalists are all busy stabbing each other in the back so that they can become the new triad leader after he dies.

What I'm missing currently is an actual name for the triad. It's primarily an earthbender triad, though it does accept waterbenders and firebenders (and even some non-benders, though they have to be very skilled to make up for it - the boss' chief enforcer is a non-bender from the Southern Water Tribe, and he basically terrifies even the other triad members with how bloodthirsty and ruthless he is) so a name related to earthbending would be nice. Any suggestions pl0x?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-05-20 at 10:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

What about the Mud Brothers?

Bulldoze Squad?

Shadow Boulders?

B.B.R. (Big Bad Rock)?

Gravelnauts?

Cocoa Pebbles?

Just throwing some ideas out there for ya
    Last edited by captainspazam; 2012-05-20 at 09:24 PM.
    Characters:
    Hoffy T. Oast
    Peggles the One-Legged Pirate Giraffe
    Lenny R. Oast

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show

This lovely creation made Dirtytabs

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't forget about me!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey! Why am I not on the list?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Because... neither of you spoke up when I announced I'd be running a plot? That said, I can include you, but it's beginning to look a bit crowded.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, are we ready to start the IC thread now? Have we decided everything?

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep! All ready for action here! It might help get rid of a bit of stagnation we seem to have run into...

Wait, Stag Nation? Is Stag an element? Maybe I could play a Stagbender!

*twunk*
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

Because... neither of you spoke up when I announced I'd be running a plot? That said, I can include you, but it's beginning to look a bit crowded.
    Well, I sure would like to be included.
    I am ready to start, yes

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm ready to start but to be honest so many players in one plot will be problematic. I'm rather disheartened that I seem to be the only one willing to run a plot - except possibly for Kris, I'm not sure if he plans one - because it also means I can't play my character.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm certainly willing to run a plot, except so far there seems to have been little interest in it.

I'll also withdraw my own character from your plot, to lighten your load a little bit.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, right, your idea for a Triad-centered plot. I'd be willing to participate in it, either on the Triads' side or against them, depending on what the balance between the two ends up being.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

My character is generally a nice guy so he would probably be against the triads. Also I can drop from your plot if it is too much for you Morty.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I'm ready to start but to be honest so many players in one plot will be problematic. I'm rather disheartened that I seem to be the only one willing to run a plot - except possibly for Kris, I'm not sure if he plans one - because it also means I can't play my character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    I'm certainly willing to run a plot, except so far there seems to have been little interest in it.

I'll also withdraw my own character from your plot, to lighten your load a little bit.
    Captain Spazam and I are putting together a plot as well, so I don't think we'll have a shortage of plot to be had. Essentially people loyal to Ozai working towards a goal, which will remain secret until Spazam and I work out what it is until later. If needed, our plot can wait though. Don't want to have too much plot happening at once.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-05-30 at 07:33 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Dangnabbit how have I not seen this until today?

I hope there's space for me.

And how much are we allowed to part from canon?

Say, if I played an underground 'fight-club'-ish character whose martial arts style was based off Muay Thai kickboxing and Capoeira, only he doesn't bend Fire as one might expect-He bends wind, drawing upon a different concept of Air-As a hurricane, swift and capricious and destructive.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Captain Spazam and I are putting together a plot as well, so I don't think we'll have a shortage of plot to be had. Essentially people loyal to Ozai working towards a goal, which will remain secret until Spazam and I work out what it is until later. If needed, our plot can wait though. Don't want to have too much plot happening at once.
    There's no real risk of "too much plot happening at once". It's lot like they will all be connected. The more plots, the less characters in each, and thus the people who run them will have an easier time doing it. And it'll let players make multiple characters more easily.

28. - Top - End - #118

I has wants to join.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Wu Ming

Nation: United Republic

Description: Ming is a tall, lean boy of about 19 years of age, with tough, leathery skin criss-crossed with thin, white scars. He has a head full of rough-cut dark hair, and grey eyes. Outside of combat, he walks with a strange hobble.

Personality:Ming is a quiet, yet often contradictory boy-He loves the sky and the birds, yet the thought of being in the open terrifies him. He hates violence, yet he visits it upon his foes in abundance. Most of all, he wants to be free, although he doesn't know what he'd do with that freedom.

Abilities: On the surface, Ming simply appears to be 'just' another preternaturally agile hand-to-hand combatant in the Brawls, a strictly non-bending, illegal 'sport' that takes place in the seediest parts of Republic Citys' slums; a 'combat sport without rules', so to speak. He is famous for his aggressive, flashy and acrobatic fighting style (which is reminiscent of a combination of Taekwondo, Savate and Capoeira), appearing capable of launching himself many feet into the air and barraging opponents with a lightning-fast barrage of strikes, so fast that much of the audience cannot keep track of it. This has rendered him a crowd favorite in the slums of Republic City.

The truth is, however, that he is an Airbender, although he does not know it. Almost unconsciously, he empowers his speed and agility with Airbending, having 'learned' it from the Raven Eagles who came to 'visit' him when he threw scraps of bread out of the tiny window of his 'room'. It is very different from the traditional Airbending forms, but it is Airbending nonetheless.

Backstory: Born and raised in the fighting pits, Ming knew he would probably end his days there. The child of an impoverished pair of parents, he was 'adopted' at a young age by 'Master Zhu' who would foresee his 'training' into a superb 'martial artist', 'gifting' his parents with a sum of money for their 'trust'.

From a young age, Ming was already infamous among his trainers for being wild and free-willed, often taking any opportunity to attempt to escape in addition to being merely 'average' in terms of fighting ability. As punishment, they locked him in a small, dark room for three weeks with only a small window to look out of, throwing him scraps of food every now and again to ensure that he didn't die.

When he was finally let out, he had changed, suddenly capable of moving and striking at blurring speeds and consequently winning every match he was placed in with ease. Confounded by this, Zhu looked intensely into Ming, and what he found both excited and frightened him. If he could only keep the fact that Ming was an Airbender, he could stand to make a lot of money; more money than the rest of his fighters, in fact, because Ming was such a crowd favorite. On the other hand, if he were found out, the consequences would be ....Severe, to say the least. Not only would his peers murder him for using a bender in a nonbending competition, it would also bring the law down on his head. And if they had discovered he had been harbouring an Airbender...

From that day on, Master Zhu placed the security of Ming above all else, chaining his feet together when not in the ring to prevent escape, placing him under watch every hour of the day, even feeding him addictive drugs amongst his increased food rations so that he would be forced to return to him.

Even this, however, did not break Mings' spirit-After his time in the cell, he became even more flighty, chafing fiercely against his chains, both figuratively and literally, staring ever-constantly at the sky.

Well, here's my character-Is he acceptable? I fear he not only breaks canon, he is also from a background that is very much darker than the Avatar series would normally allow.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-06-01 at 07:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know about breaking canon, I'm just having trouble with wrapping my head around how you can combine a martial art as linear and direct as Muay Thai with... well... Capoeira.

(I have no experience with Taekwondo, so no comment).

Anyway, here's my crime lord character, (and his younger incarnation for the Spiritual Shards plot):

Young Li Zhou
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Li Zhou

Nation: Earth Kingdom

Description: An Earth Kingdom man somewhere in his mid-forties. He has black hair and light skin, though his skin is not as pale as those in the Fire Nation, and eyes the cloudy green color of common jade. He is heavily muscled, and wears the long, brown and green robes common in the Earth Kingdom, though he has rid himself of his queue, a sure pointer to his origin in Ba Sing Se, and instead let his hair grow long and unruly, as with his beard. The sleeves and hem of his robes are longer than the average, having been cut so to conceal his gloves and shoes, both made of solid rock as the marker of a Dai Li agent.

Personality: Li Zhou is both ruthless and cunning. Embittered by his loss in status, Li Zhou does not easily make friends, and tends to treat people both harshly and cruelly, unless he thinks they may be of use to him, in which case he manages a grudging, coarse tolerance.

Abilities: A master class Earthbender, Li Zhou shies away from the 'rock steady' approach of traditional Earthbending; instead his style emphasizes speed, mobility and stealth - a philosophy which will eventually be adopted by the metalbending cops created by Toph Beifong, but of course originally stemming from the techniques of the Dai Li, the secret police, and eventually, secret rulers of Ba Sing Se, before being disbanded after the Hundred Year War.

In addition, Li Zhou possesses an indepth knowledge of human anatomy and psychology. He is capable of directing his Earthbending strikes for maximum harm, and is also a skilled hypnotist, a talent which helped the Dai Li maintain order in Ba Sing Se, and which now makes him a very difficult man to lie to.

Backstory: Once a member of the Dai Li, Li Zhou was forced to flee after the end of the Hundred Year war, abandoning his organization and becoming a refugee with no home or hope. Still, Li Zhou desires power above all else, and is not willing to let anything stand in his way to get it.

Old Li Zhou
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Li Zhou

Nation: United Republic (Formerly Earth Kingdom/Ba Sing Se)

Description: An old man. How old, exactly, is not readily known outside Li Zhou's inner circle, but most guesses put him in his mid-90s, perhaps approaching a solid century. Frighteningly thin, his health is on the steady decline, and he requires a cane to walk, and is almost always accompanied by two young twin bodyservants, who are also Waterbending healers. Despite his age, Li Zhou has embraced the fashions of Republic City whole-heartedly, dressing in modern (for Republic City, not for the real world) suits, cutting his snow white hair short, and driving around by the newest limosines, instead of carriage (his bodyservants are also excellent chaffeurs). The one odd thing about his appearance that would stick out amidst the carefully groomed facade of a rich, sleek "legitimate businessman" are his shoes and gloves, both of which appear to be made of solid rock.

Personality: Li Zhou is both ruthless and cunning. One does not become the biggest triad leader in Republic City by being soft and incompetent, after all. Despite this, he can still maintain a sleek, charismatic image, worming his way up into the upper echelons of Republic City society as a "legitimate businessman", which is in a sense true, though of course most of Li Zhou's legitimate business is merely a guise for the rather more illegitimate business going on behind it. In recent years, Li Zhou has become embittered by the decline of his criminal empire, and rumour has it he's planning to get even, one last time, on his enemies.

Abilities: Though old and infirm, Li Zhou is still a master class Earthbender, capable of giving teaching a nasty lesson to anyone who might underestimate him due to his frail appearance.

Most of the time however, Li Zhou relies on his bodyguards to keep him safe, a combination of different styles of bending and even one non-bender, who make up the Inner Circle of his Triad.

Backstory: Once a member of the Dai Li, Li Zhou found a new home in the fledgling Republic City, quickly embedding himself into the city's young, but growing criminal underbelly. Within 20 years, his Stone Talon Triad was the largest criminal organization in all of Republic City. The Stone Talons outmuscled all other competition, and anybody who did not support them, or stay out of their way, ended up dead. Li Zhou basically became the king of the underworld, all the while maintaining a facade of a sleek upperclassman, throwing galas, balls, supporting businesses, fundraising for politicians, sponsoring public projects, essentially making himself untouchable, for if he was removed, half the city would collapse with him.

As of late, however, Li Zhou's 'empire' has been in decline. Allies are becoming scarce. Politicians who once readily accepted his yuan, now suddenly found morality, or else where getting their paychecks from one of his opponents. One of his most trusted lieutenants broke off from the Stone Talon Triad, forming his own rival triad, taking many Stone Talons with him. Entirely new triads have sprung up from the woodwork all over the city, with names like 'The Agni Kais', the 'Red Monsoons' and the quickly growing 'Triple Threat Triad' led by young firebending prodigy 'Lightning Bolt' Zolt. Even within Li Zhou's own organization, amongst those still loyal to him, there is now feuding and infighting where there was once still control, with each of his lieutenants seeking to place themselves in position to grab control of the Stone Talons once Li Zhou finally dies - a day soon coming, thanks to his declining health.

Still, within the confines of his opulent mansion, Li Zhou still waits. Still plots. He is not ready for Republic City to forget his name just yet.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-06-09 at 01:36 AM.