New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: A:TLAITP: Avatar: The Last Airbender Planning Thread 1

You know what? I thought about it, and you're right. Lol. Fixing.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

And just because I can, here's Tony Jaa fighting a Capoeirista.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so I'm pretty much ready to run my plot. We probably ought to make an IC thread for the whole game.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

So...None of you have any problems with my Airbender character, despite the fact that he's not a monk?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, so far only two of us have posted, and neither of us are known for our traditional and mold-conforming characters (assuming, of course, that Morty has actually read your character sheet ) so maybe it's better to wait before you say 'none' of us have objections to him. I certainly don't, but I've been planning to play pretty loose with the canon from the start, despite meticulously arranging Li Zhou to conform with that canon as closely as a non-canonical character can. Leaving lots of backdoors and explanations as to how such a prominent crime lord can possibly go unmentioned in Legend of Korra.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I certainly don't have any objections. Also if you ever want your character busted out, I have a practical paladin that doesn't have a stick up his butt that is coming to Republic City.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

For further reference, is this going to take place in the same timeline, with events that are occurring taking place at the same time, or will this be somewhat-alternate? In that we won't run into the main characters.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

I think the general timeline is between The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. The exact point in time depending on the plot in question.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

In my personal timeline I have this RP pegged as 50 years after TLA, hence 20 years before LoK.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

I need help. I was thinking of a character like Mai. Sharp throwing knives fascinate me.:3
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

11. - Top - End - #131

I really want to run a plot. So here is the deal.. its called "The Spiritual Shard" and it's set 2 years after the end of The Last Airbender

"Despite the fall of the fire nation there will always be those that want to take over everything. And some of them will do anything for it.

Ryoto is an earth bender born with ambition. Through his studies he learned that there are seven lost relics of an ancient time called "The Spiritual Shards" and each of them is said to give the holder some unknown power. Ryoto believes that with these shards he can overpower the Avatar and any other foe, so he manage to organize an expedition to find them.

Ryoto lived during some time in a temple with a couple of monks. Yoroshi was one of them. He and Ryoto have the same age, so they got along really well, to the point of calling each other brother. But when Yoroshi learned of Ryoto's plan he organized another party, one to stop him."

So... Does it sound interesting?
    It's BACK!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds like a pretty interesting plot idea Methos. Of course, it would be a very long-term plot.
    Also, who should get the honor of making the IC thread all those plots will take place in?

13. - Top - End - #133

Go ahead and do it
    It's BACK!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

AvatarITP? Aww yea, count me in. Will be an Earth Bender for sure.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. I'll create the new thread later today... in about three hours.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-02 at 09:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    So...None of you have any problems with my Airbender character, despite the fact that he's not a monk?
    I'll admit that there is a part of me who believes that we should perhaps avoid trying to throw in Airbenders without a REALLY good reason; but another part of me strongly believes that having an Airbender or two here their could be acceptable.

Go for it.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: A:TLAITP: Avatar: The Last Airbender Planning Thread 1

Quote Originally Posted by MethosH View Post
    I really want to run a plot. So here is the deal.. its called "The Spiritual Shard" and it's set 2 years after the end of The Last Airbender

"Despite the fall of the fire nation there will always be those that want to take over everything. And some of them will do anything for it.

Ryoto is an earth bender born with ambition. Through his studies he learned that there are seven lost relics of an ancient time called "The Spiritual Shards" and each of them is said to give the holder some unknown power. Ryoto believes that with these shards he can overpower the Avatar and any other foe, so he manage to organize an expedition to find them.

Ryoto lived during some time in a temple with a couple of monks. Yoroshi was one of them. He and Ryoto have the same age, so they got along really well, to the point of calling each other brother. But when Yoroshi learned of Ryoto's plan he organized another party, one to stop him."

Sounds very interesting! ^_^

I will keep Michi in the later part of the timeline (For Morty's plot), but I could surely make a character for an Adventure! (TM)

Any space for a former Fire Army rookie? It would be interesting to explore the life of a soldier in an era of peace.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Weeeellll, it's a bit late but here is the IC thread. I'll be posting the start of my plot soon-ish.

19. - Top - End - #139

Mine is already there :D
    It's BACK!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems interesting, though the earlier timeline makes things a little inconvenient.

I might create a Waterbender character for this to complete my trio of (non-air)benders (LoK Episode 8 spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    plus, Tarlokk's kickass ice-shard moves from the latest episode have upped the badassitude of water bending significantly in my opinion
    ) or else use an aged-down version of Li Zhou from the later timeline to join in. A former Dai Li agent searching for power before eventually settling in as a big crime boss.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Urk. Sorry people, but I just haven't felt up to writing the first post of my plot lately. But I'll get around to it, I promise.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, it's a bit inconvenient for Sosumi, but Wai Mi would fit right in. When we catch up with the time most characters were probably designed for, she'll probably have some interesting changes.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

23. - Top - End - #143

So here's my character.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kiyoshi Koizumi

Nation: No affiliations. Travels.

Appearance: Kiyoshi is a short, thin boy around the age of 18. His pale skin and dark black hair make him look strange in a way, like he's spent to much time away from the light.

Personality: Kiyoshi always remains calm and collected, and very few people have seen him otherwise. Who knows what he's like if you can break through that outer shell?

Abilities: Kiyoshi is an assassin, a mercenary, etcetera. Anything that gets him pay. He is a master of disguise and speed, knowing how to lurk and strike from the shadows. He is proficient with his many, many knives and various explosives as well. He does not however have any bending abilities, so he has had to train extensively in combat against benders, yet he still chose not to learn chi-blocking, rather wanting to trust in his own abilities.

Backstory: Kiyoshi doesn't have the usual sad backstory of the assassin type character. His parents are still alive, and he is still on good terms with them, though he hasn't spoken to them in quite a while. He just got bored at him, so he left. He met many interesting people during his travels, who taught him many fascinating things, including most of his skills.

Can anyone tell me about some of the open plots?
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2012-06-03 at 06:02 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: A:TLAITP: Avatar: The Last Airbender Planning Thread 1

Time to launch my character:

Name: Izumi Saruya Hi there, pleasure to meet you.

Nation: Shu Jing; Outer Fire Nation

Description: Izumi is 19 year old girl, who is around 5.6 ft. Her skin is a light tan, with a feminine build. She has cobalt blue eyes, and thick dark brown hair that is become wavy and flowing towards its tips at the middle of her back. Izumi's is often seen wearing blue clothing with red or gold trim. She is also seen carrying a large metal shield that is sheathed across her back.

Personality: First impressions of Izumi would take her as a calm, and noble individual. In reality though she is exuberant, strong-willed, and tomboyish girl. Izumi relishes the concept of adventure like her mother, and has great interest in nature and martial arts. She strongly dislikes confrontation between friends, as well as some of the lingering feuds between a few members of her extended family.

Abilities: Izumi's is an Adept Waterbender and also has some skill in using Waterbending to Heal minor injuries. Outside of Bending, Izumi was trained by her father in a variety of Martial Arts and has an intermediate skill with many of these skills. Izumi greatly excels in a Martial Art Style, synonymous to Taekwondo that uses large shields in combat. Izumi is also fairly nimble and can perform average acrobatic feats, though she is still somewhat uncoordinated with her movements. Izumi was also believed for a short period to of had Firebending, but has never exhibited the ability to use it with the extreme exception of a few high stress events that seemed to of activated the ability. Her Firebending abilities are considered dormant/nonexistent at the time.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Izumi was born in 83 ASC in the town, Shu Jing, located just on the fringes of the Fire Nation. Her father was a Martial Arts trainer, and the only child of three siblings not to be born with Firebending Abilities despite coming from a family of skilled Firebenders. He fell in love with and married Izumi's mother, a Waterbender from the North Tribes seeking refuge from the War in 80 ASC. This marriage was discouraged by many in both extended families. The early years of Izumi's life were plagued by the feuds in her family over her mother's heritage, which was now made to be Izumi's burden as well. This caused her to become depressed, and detached though she would do her best never to show this pain in front of her parents.

Izumi's father was aware of Izumi's pain however, and had had enough of his relatives criticizing of his wife and daughter. He visited his family to ask they cease this pointless feud; promising them that he would teach Izumi the ways of a proud Fire Nation warrior, and that he'd additionally groom Izumi in her Firebending abilities, though she had yet to show any sign of possessing any Bending abilities. His relative agreed, though somewhat reluctantly, and the family feuds subsided shortly after.

Izumi's mother was relieved by end of internal conflicts between the families, but was even happier to see Izumi return to her jubilant self and was very eager to begin her training. When she turn 9, Izumi's father began training her in basic Martial Arts techniques. He later began looking into training her in Weapons Training, leaning towards training Izumi in using Throwing Knives or Shurikens. It was to his amazement when he found Izumi playing with a practice Seige Shield in his dojo, swinging and bounding about with the shield with ease. He responded to this surprising skill she had by implementing fighting styles in her training that would incorporate the use of large shields as a weapon.

By age 12 Izumi's Martial Arts skills had greatly progressed, which pleased her parents greatly at her swift learning. Just as Izumi's father was beginning to teach her more advanced fighting techniques, Izumi's Bending powers finally emerged that nearly halting all training because of its revelation. During a rainy summer afternoon, Izumi's father was away to see his family, her mother was doing housework inside and Izumi was outside playing in the rain. When Izumi's mother went out to check on her she was shocked when she witnessed Izumi, sitting on the steps of their home with her hand outstretched over a puddle of water, tiny orbs of water erratically darting towards Izumi's hand with each tiny movement. Izumi's mother was amazed and immediately ran over to praise her daughters discovery only for Izumi to run towards her, hugging her tightly, sobbing in fear, wanting to know why she had this ability. Her mother could only think of one thing to say that almost immediately consoled Izumi's confused soul: "Don't be afraid Izumi. You are a Waterbender, just like me, and you are safe in me and you father's hand."

Though Izumi's father applauded Izumi for finally gaining her abilities as a Waterbender, he kept it secret from his family, knowing that this discovery would only bring a return of the Feuds between the two families. He was also aware that with the Fire Nation was looking to snuff out Waterbenders and his daughter and wife's lives could be endangered if his family ever found out. So, Izumi spent the next 4 years being trained by her mother, so that she could hone her Waterbending abilities. Fortunately, Shu Jing ended up being the safest place for Izumi as conflicts between the Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, and Water Tribes escalated prior to the close of the Hundred Year War. Izumi's mom taught her everything she could about Waterbending and her father continued to hone her Martial Art Skills overtime creative rather inventive methods of incorporating her Waterbending abilities with her Fighting Techniques.

When the end of the Hundred Year War in 100 ASC Izumi's father relieved by the war's end began taking into consideration revealing his now 17 year old daughter's gift as a Waterbender to the Fire Nation family. Unfortunately, Izumi's family in the Fire Nation did find out a few months prior when Izumi's mother confronted one these relatives to reveal Izumi and her own Waterbending ability. Again, feuds between the families arose Izumi's relatives from the Fire Nation appalled that Izumi's father kept his wife and daughter Waterbending abilities secret, and confronted Izumi and her family at their home. At the same time, relatives of Izumi's family in the Northern Water Tribes were visiting the household, finally being capable of seeing Izumi without fear of their lives being in peril. A confrontation quickly broke out between the two sides of the family, Izumi sitting at the center of the conflict. Izumi begged for her family to stop fighting, slowly breaking into tears as the fighting persisted with not even a single soul hearing her plead to them. Finally, in one desperate last attempt, she screamed smashing her hands on a table in front of her: STOP FIGHHHTTTTTTTIIIIIIINNNGGG!!!

The room fell silent, all eyes on Izumi who now sat in a chair, sobbing like the innocent child she still was. As her mother rushed over to comfort Izumi, accompanied by members from both family, now exchanging apologies, or apologetic looks to each other; Izumi's father and other observant peers noticed something else spectacular. When Izumi smashed her hands to the table, the smoldering fire in the Fireplace shot up in blazing display in unison with Izumi's anger. One of Izumi's Firebending relatives gave her a test shortly after the family conflict, by presenting a small candle lit fire to Izumi and guiding her to clasp her hands over it. With a few seconds of hesitation Izumi clasped hand over the fire and when she opened it revealing the small fire resting in her palm, her Firebending cousin confirmed that she too was a Firebender. Izumi's perplexed expression as she stared at the flickering flame quickly turned into an overjoyed grin or rejoice as she leaped out of her chair in excitement from her new found accomplishment.

Both families celebrated Izumi's accomplishment being both a Firebender and a Waterbender, and nearly all internal dispute between the relatives of Izumi's family ceased. She spent the next year in a half training with some of her family's Firebenders so she could harness her Firebending skills, but for some reason was never able to activate her ability again. This befuddled her father and Firebending cousins who could only surmise that Izumi's Firebending ability must of gone dormant, and were unsure if or when they could reactivate again. Izumi also began her studying of Healing Techniques using Waterbending from some of her Waterbending cousins as well as keeping with her Martial Art training from her father. About a month before her 19th birthday Izumi's interest in new Martial Art techniques and Waterbending training, suddenly dwindled when she felt a yearning for her interest: Adventure.

Izumi had heard many stories from her Water Tribe relatives about Team Avatar and their conquests throughout the world. Enthralled by these stories, Izumi now looked at the exciting idea of setting out on her own adventure to see the world. When she explained this new urge to her parents, though hesitant they agreed that once she turned 19 that Izumi could go out and see the world. So after her 19th birthday, made her final preparation for her adventure. Just a month later, Izumi bid farewell to her parents and set off to the Earth Kingdom to begin her adventure.

Thoughts? Also sorry about the SUPER-long Backstory.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2012-06-04 at 01:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... she's a waterbender AND a firebender? I am... uncertain about this.

26. - Top - End - #146

Thought only the avatar could master multiple forms of bending.

I did have a point in time where I swore Iroh could earth bend though.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2012-06-03 at 09:30 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Thought only the avatar could master multiple forms of bending.

I did have a point in time where I swore Iroh could earth bend though.
    When are you thinking of? I'm pretty sure he never did any earthbending. He's badass enough that he doesn't need to.

Anyway! I think bending multiple elements is the kind of thing we should be careful about. While it could be worked in interesting ways, there are concerns about being too powerful and not following the established rules of the setting. I do like the handling of the mixed-nation background, though.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erm...well a...derp. Guess I should of foresaw the possibility of this. I'm all for editing it if its like thought to just be a bad idea, but I have a theory as to how it could work:

Izumi primary Bending skill is suppose to be Water, the way I thought of balancing it Backstory wise is that she's had less time to practice with it, so shes not nearly as skilled with it.

Alternatively, I could play it off as since Firebending is a secondary Bending Skill for Izumi, her abilities with Firebending would always be weaker or couldn't used advanced Firebending abilities (Lightning, Blue Fire, etc.) for whatever IC convenient reason to avoid her being OP.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2012-06-03 at 10:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point I'm just going to say a blank 'no' to bending multiple elements. It's kind of at the root of the setting that no one can do that except the Avatar.

Others may have differing opinions.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I myself have been trying to figure out when to put my character Spero. His water/fire bending family didn't have nearly as much tension due to his father basically being and oversized teddy bear. However he seems the kind to do well in the short years after the war.

So my delimma is do I have him in the timeline shortly after the war or do I put him in the timeline for shortly before legend of Korra.

What do you guys think?