New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten (IC)

It was two years since the announcement of the revival of the league. While protests were still on-going, much of the anti-league policy had died down over the years. Johto had been the first to announce the Gym’s re-opened. Only Hoenn had yet to fully repeal the ban on competitive battling. As of now there were 12 Gyms in the region of Kanto. Only Lt. Surge had re-joined up as a Gym Leader, but Kanto was proud of Janine accepting the Elite 4 post that her father had held many years ago. As of today, 20,000 young men and women had received pokemon licences and were striving for the goal of the pokemon league. While not as many as in the glory days, it was a good start.

3 months ago a letter had arrived in your house from a Mrs Amelie Friedrich. Some of you had heard the name. She was a family friend to all of you, despite the fact that none of you had ever met her. She was close friends with Autumn and Liam’s grandparents, was a sponser of the Pokemon Tower in Lavander, and had been sending money to Drake’s Uncle to look help after him since the accident. When Sylvia asked how her father knew her, he had gotten embarrassed and refused to say. Someone in the clan eventually told her that she was once visiting the Clan and had bested him in a drinking match (which most certainly did not fit with her image as a refined and respectably Lady).

The letter had contained tickets to Celadon city, and an invitation to assist her in a manner for a great reward. The fact that she was stinking rich was in your minds as you learned this. What could a woman who had everything need you for? All you had been able to learn from your parents and guardians was that it somehow involved the revival pokemon league.

And so here you all are, just off the bus and standing in front of the great Celadon Mansion, the grandest building in the city. As you arrive you notice two things. You notice the front door is flanked by two Machoke dressed in butter outfits, and passers by would take snapshots of them. They were exceptionally well behaved for Machoke, that was for sure. The second is that four other youths are standing outside the building and looking up at in, holding the same gold leaf invitation that you were. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that they are here for the same reason you are. Were they future friends? Colleagues? Rivals? The only one who could answer that was at the top of the mansion awaiting your arrival.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can either talk to each other now, or head straight on up into the Mansion. Your choice guys.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten (IC)

Drake looks at the other youths, starts to say something then changes his mind. Shaking his head, he stepped forward and made his way into the mansion, trying his best not to show any fear the the Butler Machokes. Stopping one last time to pat down his crazy hair, he entered the building before him.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn dashed off the bus, her Petilil hanging onto her shoulder, she had fallen asleep on the bus and her Lillian had only just managed to wake her up. The red handmark on her face said all that was needed to tell how Lillian had woken her. She heaved a sigh and let Lillian settle onto her shoulder again, tn walked up the steps, apparently she wasn't the only one here, she hadn't expected to be, she was very new to being a trainer, having only gotten her Trainer License last week, and not having battled yet.

Once she caught her breath she decided to say hi, in her own way, "Yo," she says, still breathing a little heavily, but not nearly as much as before, though the handprint on her face was still easily visible. Then, "Oi, wait for me!" she calls, following the kid that had already started walking into the mansion, she didn't want to be last into the building.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia looks around at the other youths for a moment before following the two that went on ahead of her. As she walked past the Machokes in butler uniforms, she permitted herself a chuckle. "Come along now, Amelia." She called out to the Vulpix trotting behind her.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-05-02 at 06:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

While Sylvia, Drake and Autumn go on ahead, three people come and shove a leaflet into Liam and and Damien's hands. It said something about 'Type Battle' on it. You notice the boy who gave it to you was wearing all green, and there were other two boys in purple and yellow giving out the same flyers. Apparently there is a battle hall near here for new trainers.

The three who rush ahead are left untouched by the butler Machoke, but you get the sense that they could snap you in half if they wanted to. Thankfully, they don't want to.

Inside is a hotel lobby. The Mansion was turned into a hotel a few years before Amelie inherited it. She decided to restore it as her personal home, but she'd kept the grand reception. The man at the desk points to an elevator in the back. It seems to be made of pure silver. You also notice several Eevee are running around wild. Each was wearing a diamond collar.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-05-02 at 07:22 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #6

Thank you. Drake said to the man behind the desk before making his way to the elevator. Looking around, he took in the sights around him and sighed. The big city was far more than he had imagined, and it kept getting better.
    Hey guys, I'll wait for you before heading up Drake says to the people that had joined him inside.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"How kind of you." Sylvia smiled as she followed the young man before her. She then found herself staring at all the Eevee running about with their diamond collars. "Wonder if they all belong to her." She spoke softly.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It had proven quite difficult for Damien and Aden to track down their mysterious hosts residence. This was not do to any fault on the invitations, but rather theirs. Having come from a rather rural town they'd never been in a city this large before. The experience was nearly overwhelming, and they were forced to restrain each other on more than one occasion from going into a store or attraction, lest they arrive far later than they should.

So it was that aster several wrong turns, missed exits and 30 poke later, they found themselves at the foot steps of the auster foot steps of the Grand Celadon palace. Upon spotting the machoke standing guard in the distance Damien gave him one last candied berry before telling him to hide; thinking it best to avoid any potential type rivalries from popping up.

He was a bit surprised that there were other trainers here, but decided to play it cool and wait until he got inside to do anything. Granted this plan went to the crapper once Autumn yet by. "Oh, hi...uhm," he managed to stutter, blinking in surprise at the sudden greeting. Sadly by the time he finished Autumn had reached the front gate of the mansion proper.

Damien let out a small sigh, accompanied by Aden's melodic giggles. The young trainer launched a short glare at his ghostly companions general direction, which was followed by the sound muffled laughter from over his shoulder. He was about rush past the machoke when he another boy were stopped another one in all green. He eyed the paper with interest; a battle against other young trainers might be a good chance for him an Aden to test their skills.

As he was about to turn away he felt Aden tug his jacket towards the other boy near him, who was also holding a similar invitation to his. "You here to meet with Mrs. Amelie too?" he asked the boy as he finally began making his way towards the entrance; Aden's unseen presence ablating the Machoke's intimidating presence.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-05-02 at 10:53 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

9. - Top - End - #9

Autumn nods to the man and walks through, looking at the eevees she sighs, she wanted one, more specifically one of it's evolutions, Leafeon, they were beautiful pokemon.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The man at the desk overhears Sylvia's comment.

'The madame is the world's largest breeder of Eevee's, and they are her favourite pokemon. These, however, are not hers. She had these bred for friends of hers. The madame has a rather peculiar Eevee, and the young mistress has an even more special one.'

'Back in the olden days, her family even gave them out to passing trainers. Of course, only the best trainers received them. After battling died down they were kept more as pets. Few ever got to evolve, they were smaller and cuter in their unevolved forms. A shame really.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Sylvia and Autumn, perception check on the Eevees since you both took particular interest in them.

11. - Top - End - #11

"I prefer Leafeons, personally," Autumn says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[8]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's interesting. I guess they would make good pets."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+0)[1]

13. - Top - End - #13

I want a Jolteon myself Drake said as he looked around. He stopped to study an Evee for a seconded, before continuing his sweep of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[3](3)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

'I'm glad you see the strength of a pokemon is not always abhorred like it used to be. Cute isn't everything, and most pokemon actually want to evolve. They should decide, not us. I hope these Eevee have the chance to be what they want to be.'

15. - Top - End - #15

I agree, I said a want one, odds are if I ever get an Eevee I'll let it choose what it wants to be Drake said as he calls the elevator and listens to it approach. When he heard the doors opened, he turned and entered, and motioned for the rest to follow.

16. - Top - End - #16

Autumn grins, "yea, I hope these little guys evolve into what they want, someday," she says, kneeling down and petting one of the closer ones, they were cute, but she prefered the more elegant beauty of it's evolutions. "Maybe I could talk with our hostess about getting one someday,they are one of the pokemon I'd enjoy having around."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"So much potential in these pokemon. Sylvia picked up her Amelia and entered the elevator. She then looked around the small room, feeling a little uneasy because she was not used to such things the city had to offer. Unlike her traditional home, where such things would be a little extravagant for her taste.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

As Autumn claps the Eevee she notices that there is a small name tag on it's collar. Apparently she wouldn't be getting this one. It was for someone named Mr Daggeri. But she had no idea who that was. The man behind the desk merely gives you a smile.

While she does this the elevator closes and Sylvia and Drake are take up in the elevator. When it stops it opens up into a magnificent hallway lined with candles on either side. A small snorlax in a maid outfid stomps down and tries to usher you into a waiting room where a woman of around 60 is sitting on a couch, sipping tea. Wrapped around her is the largest Eevee you have ever seen, it dwarfed even an Arcanine in size. And it was currently looking at you and smiling.

'Well hello there dears, please take a seat. The others should be here shortly.' She motions to a five seater couch on the opposite side of the table.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia smiles at the woman as she sits down at right end of the couch and places Amelia on her lap. Staring at the woman, she can't help to wonder if this is really the lady who drank her father under the table. She was about to asking something about but decided that would be rude. Instead she bows slightly, "I am Rosesong Sylvia. A pleasure to meet you."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Snapping out of his daydream Liam quickly moves past the Machoke flashing his invitation as he does so to avoid any unnecessary trouble. Seeing all the Eevees gives him pause as he goes to the reception to ask where to go next. “Sorry if I am bothering you but would you be able to tell me where to go next all the invitation said was to come here”

Spoiler
    Show

While I’m there if we have our pokedexes I will scan the Eevee
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-03 at 11:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Thank you Drake said as he sat down, letting River our of his ball so he could roam free and not be cramped in there. The Magnemite looked around, figuring out where it is now, seeing the giant Eevee, it floated down into Drake's lap and sat there Drake put his arms around it. Pleasure to meet you madame, I'm sure you know my name, but Sylvia here does not. So for those who don't know, I am Drake Daggeri, pleased to meet you Sylvia, and a little unsure of you madame, but then, I'm that way with mos people, so it should pass.
    Last edited by Durmatagno; 2012-05-03 at 07:14 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien was a bit taken a back by the boy, as the blonde haired lad ran past him at the door without returning a greeting or replying to his question. Granted, his question was answered once Damien over heard him asking the assistant at the front desk. "Mou," he mutttered in slight frustration. This had been the second time he'd failed to get someones attention. He decided to remain close enough to the other boy to over hear the mans reply, and give the room a quick once over; it reminded him of the Tower's own central lobby, though this one was far fancier than the other.

Thankfully the shock of spotting a group of Eevee playing nearby managed to dissuade, as he tucked the leaflet into his pocket him from meditating on how much his social skills had to suck if he failed at the saying hello twice. The fact that they appeared to have, what he assumed to be, diamond collars only augmented the experience.

"Are all those Eevee wearing diamond collars?!" he asked incredulously to no one in particular, perhaps a bit louder than he would have intended. He knew the lady had to be rich to be a sponsor of the Tower and own a mansion, but to own this many Eevee's and give them all diamond collars implied a wealth so vast he was hard pressed to truly imagine it.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-05-03 at 10:58 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check on the Eevees while i'm scanning them or inplace of scanning them if i dont have a dex yet
    (1d20+1)[16]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

You notice straight away that there are 5 Eevee's here. Upon a little further inspection, you notice that they have name tags and after a few seconds of looking about you see one with your name on it, resting on the reception desk.

to everyone downstairs

'The Eevee's do indeed were diamond collars. The colars are also fitted with tracking devices, so that if the go missing, or heaven forbid get stolen, the Rangers can track them down in minutes. When they are ready to leave, the collars will be removed. Madame doesn't believe in traking her friends.'

He looks at the three of you in reception. 'That should be all of you, go on up. Two have already gone on ahead. You shouldn't keep a Lady waiting.' He directs you three to the elivator.

to those upstairs

'I'm pleased to meet you both again. Neither of you will remember me, but I know you both. I was a friend of your parents Drake, and I came to visit you right after the accident, but you were still unconcious. I have been keeping in regular contact with your guardians. I hope you forgive an old woman for spying on you, I simply wanted to ensure your safety.'

'And Sylvia dear, I'm sure you will have heard of me. Last time I visited your clan you were a baby. And yes, what you heard about me was true. Your father is a great man, but he tried to drink alcohol on it's own during our competition, while I ate while drinking. I was trying to teach him a lesson about the mind making the body stronger. I woder if it ever worked.' She gives a little chuckle to herself at this pleasant memory.

'The rest should be here shortly, and questions will be answered then.'

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanking the Liam quickly turns around to make his way almost colliding with Damien who was close behind him "Sorry about that was being abit hasty there, wait I think I saw you outside I guess you’re here to see Mrs Friedrich as well then shall we share the lift up to see her then” he says before starting to move off

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Posting this on Durm's behalf

Ahh, I see, I’ll find out later how you knew my parents, or me, to begin with. But though I don’t remember you, I thank you for visiting me after those DA…..Drake stops for a seconded to calm down before continuing after those stupid Beedrill attacked me, good thing that Aggron was there huh? Drake fiddled with River’s pokeball on the chain around his neck and looked around the room. He WAS thankful that the woman had visited him in the hospital, and if she was a friend of his parents she no doubt visited them in the hospital in their now twelve year coma. Stopping for a second, he took off his gloves and slipped them into his pocket, there as no point in wearing them if he wasn’t going to be battling anytime soon.

27. - Top - End - #27

Autumn nods and makes her way upstairs, the red mark now faded, she should have probably been clearer on the method of waking her up when telling Lillian to do so. Ah well, it worked so it wasn't a big deal.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-05-03 at 12:39 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia blushed a little after hearing the conformation of the incident between her father and Mrs. Friedrich. "I am sure some of it sunk in. Some clan members tell me that he's not as rash as he used to be." She then turns to Drake. "Where are my manners, i should have introduced myself to you sooner." She gave a slight bow to him.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Durm:

Where are my manners, I may not like my Aunt and Uncle, but they did teach me to be more polite then I have been. Drake said as he straightened his clothes and stood up. Turning, he bowed to Sylvia and then extended his hand to offer a handshake. River floated not far away and hummed happily and floated closer and turned, wiggling it’s magnet slightly, as if to shake hands as well. My name Drake Daggeri, Son of Gary Daggeri, and Winter Daggeri, it is a pleasure to meet you.

30. - Top - End - #30

Autumn walks out of the elevator just as Drake starts to introduce himself, causing her to hang back a little, once he's finished she walks in with a grin, "guess I should introduce myself, too," she comments, "name's Autumn Mikon, nice to meet'cha."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show