New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten (IC)

Emma pushes the double doors open dramatically and with a flourish, motions the group inside. As you walk in you see your at the top tier of what seems to be a stadium. Rows upon rows of benches descend below you for about 30 rows. In the center sits an oval shapped track, with the sides raised up at an angle and padding on the edges with bales of hay blocking off the center flat section.

Meeting your curious gazes Emma smirks. Its a Roller Derby rink. The leader here is a former Ice Skating pro and Hockey too.

A loud bellow shakes the entire stadium. A large figure is barreling towards you at incredible speeds. As it gets closer you can see the figure is at least 10 feet tall and covered in a thick white coat of fur. Its decked out in padding, a helmet and is on roller blades. It lets out another earth-shaking bellow before skidding to a halt a few inches away from Damien. It looks down at the group, holding its gaze at Emma for a moment longer than the rest. A deep, throaty growl emits from its helmetted head. At first you think its trying to scare you but soon realize its actually laughing. But at what? Emma seems to have a perpetual smirk, not flinching at the imposing figure.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn looks around, a little confused, "where is Drake anyway? I promised him a match once i got my type shifter. And i thought he'd come here since he already got his type shifter. Which reminds me," she pulls the type shifter out, "Hm, probably should have picked a different type, Lillian's not a very physical fighter..." she looks at Marcus, "maybe after you evole you'd like to become part fighting type."she grins and turns back to everyone else, "well, let' go in."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

I Magic Missile the Invisible Post!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Leeroy Jenkins The Post!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I guess your the gym leader here and looking at that track behind you i guess this isn't going to be a standard gym fight, so whats the challenge?"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-05 at 09:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

The figure ***** it head quizically at Liam. The growling laugh increases in volume, its broad chest heaving. You can feel the laugh right through to your bones.

That's Odep, the Leader's Beartic you numb skull.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien turned to Autumn,"Don't know. Haven't seen the guy since last night. I think the doorman said he left early in the morning, he said with a slight shrug.

Once they had entered Damien was surprised to find himself atop of a stadium of some sort, with what looked to be some kind of race track at the center. Within moments he spotted a white...thing moving on the tracks. The young boy leaned forward a bit and squinted his eyes to try to focus and the white thing moving towards them. Sadly he didn't realize how fast the thing was moving until it was too late, by the time he could react all he could do was flinch from the massive fast moving object, cover his face and brace for impact. His pokemon on the other hand did the smart thing and hid behind their trainer.

After a few moments he reopened his eyes as a what he could've sworn to be laughter. When he did he was faced with a man shaped white thing nearly twice his size. He might've freaked, but managed to keep a hold of himself. There was no way he'd give Emma the pleasure of seeing him like that.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ah well then in my defense we dont have Beartic in Sinnoh, so where is the gym leader then?

Scan the beartic

9. - Top - End - #429

Autumn scans the beartic, "so, where's the Leader then?" she asks, honestly curious, this place looked bigger inside than outside.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Nice beartic," he muttered while forcing his hand to pull out his dex and scan the giant bear creature.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-05-05 at 10:29 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia also scan the beartic. "Huh, i'd really thought Drake would be here already."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

While the group scans Odep, Emma yelps and drops to her knees in a surprsingly quick, graceful way. Liam is quick enough to follow her lead, dropping to one knee. The others are not so lucky.

Another figure, this one not hairy and only 6 feet tall, wearing the same equipment as Odep, comes barreling towards the group from the otherside. But he doesn't stop. Oi! Watch it! Moment's before he collides with Liam he jumps over the group. Liam and Emma have 2 feet to spare between their heads and the man's skates. Autumn, Sylvia, and Damien miss by mere inches.

Down Odep! The man slams into the bear mid-flight, knocking the bear onto his back, 5 meters away. The man lands on his skates and skids to a halt.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wha...wha...just happened?" Sylvia stood there, not sure to be confused to excited by what just happened.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-05-06 at 10:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"What the hell you nearly took our heads off!"

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Holy MUK!!!", he exclaimed just as Aden and Yanko managed to nudge their trainer just far enough to avoid the flying wall of meat that had almost slammed into the group. It was official, he had to work on his reflexes. Though his own sense of peril was soon over come by pity as the figure plowed straight into the Beartic in front of him. He, Aden and Yanko couldn't help but let out a grunt at moment of collision. "That had to hurt," he commented to no one in particular, to which is pokemon nodded in silent agreement.

"Are, are you alright?" he asked the man, after toppling
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Emma storms over to the man, fury boiling onto her face. Raseur! You almost took my head off! You should be more careful! She looks like she's about to sock him in the helmeted face.

The man removes his helmet, revealing salt-and-pepper hair, steel blue eyes and a Muk-eating smile. I'm sorry Miz Emma. You know Odep, he likes to joke with newbies. Not e'reryone gets his 'omour.

Odep sits up and growls, skating to Raseur's side.

Sorry 'bout Odep young 'uns. He likes to play 'round. And don't worry, we're both fine.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Still put out by the leaders sudden appearance Liam tries to get a handle on the situation "So do you have any trainers here we can spar with to test our pokemon before we fight you?"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oh Arceus, he's the gym leader isn't he?, he thought to himself as he rose from the cold floor.

"Hehe, I don't think anyone got hurt; so it's all good,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

The Raseur stares Liam down, scrutinizing. Yes, little lady, we do have trainers 'ere you can train with. But not just anyone can spare. You gotta join the gym first. His grin spreads across his face while Odep resumes his growling-laughter.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia smiles with glee. "So much excitement for our first gym!" The gym leader came off very strange to her, but then again she doesn't really know much people beyond her village.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Lady? Might want to have your eyesight checked we wouldn't want any mistakes if you where on a night out and what do you mean by join the gym?"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-06 at 11:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien patiently awaited for the older man to explain what he meant.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

"Well, this is going to be interesting, that's for sure," Autumn says, "I've never skated before..."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

The Raseur looks over Liam once again while a frown spreads across his face. Sorry 'bout that son, my eyes ain't what they used to be. But you must join the gym to use its facilities. And to do that, you have to be beat me in a race.

Hearing Autumn's comment, Don't worry about it, its just like skiing or skateboarding or parkour. Anyone interested? He asks as his muk-eating grin returns and Odep's laughter shaking your bones.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well whats the rules?"

26. - Top - End - #446

"Never done most of those either, I'm not exactly the graceful or fast type." Autumn comments.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Emma grabs Liam's ear and yanks hard. Be patient and show so Arceus Blessed respect!

Now now Mz Emma, no need fer that. Wasn't too long ago you were calling me an 'old fart' and getting yer ear yanked by your Grandma. He chuckles to himself at the memory.

Anywho, follow me and I'll explain the rules and goals. He leads you down the rows of seats with Odep, both walking with their roller blades like they were shoes.

The goal is simple. Be the first to get your jammer through 4 laps. You and three of your pokemon grab skates and race around me and three of my pokemon around the track. Either you or one of your pokemon is the Jammer, and he is the only one that counts. The rest of your job is to protect your Jammer and to block the other teams jammer. You can do whatever you like to stop the jammer, except Moves directed at someone on the other team or shots at the face. It gets too dangerous when moves start flying.

At the start of the match, the blockers go around the track once while the Jammer's stay at the start line. Only once the entire team of Blockers complete one lap can that team's jammer start. The first lap is crucial, most matches are decided before the Jammers even start. So, anyone interseted?
    he says, with an eager clap of his hands.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As Damien waits, he hears a faint cracking sound from his pack.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Considering the offer while rubbing his ear

"Well it doesnt sound to dangerous for my pokemon so i'll do it, Shock can be my jammer as he's one of the fastest runners on my team"

Turning to Emma with a smirk on his face. "You know you should do this as well since your going to be working with us it would be a good chance to see your skills. You can even show us how its done properly"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-05-06 at 12:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia seems hesitant to participate after hearing the rules because she wasn't sure if Nimbles would be up for the task or due to the trust issue, but then she realizes the opportunity. "Nimbles will be my jammer." She then sends out all her pokemon and kneels down next to Nimbles. "Are you up for this?"
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-05-06 at 12:23 PM.