New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: It's Morphin' Time! (3.P Base Class/Archetypes) (WIP)

Bumping this because it appears to have derped, and I want suggestions for a capstone for the new Rider archetype.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Rider capstone ability?

Not sure... use the rider as a sort of battle armor...
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

...Robo-Horse to suit of armor? Hm...

Maybe.

And DAMN, this thread doesn't want a 7th page.
    Extended Signature.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

I know, right?

But yeah, robo-horse to battle armor would be cool.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Some kind of empowering ability for strikes could work, say a move action before the standard action of most strikes got gain empower or maximise on it. Could work and fits the classic rider called powerful attack trope. That or a full attack and move ability though a bit late for it and not quite as thematically linked.

It might be easier to work out a capstone if we could see how the rider progresses at is it now with out it. As it is right now I'm juts pulling ideas out of the air.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dumorimasoddaa View Post
    Some kind of empowering ability for strikes could work, say a move action before the standard action of most strikes got gain empower or maximise on it. Could work and fits the classic rider called powerful attack trope. That or a full attack and move ability though a bit late for it and not quite as thematically linked.

It might be easier to work out a capstone if we could see how the rider progresses at is it now with out it. As it is right now I'm juts pulling ideas out of the air.
    Sounds like a move from Pokémon. FOCUSSSS PAAAAWWNCH!
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Sounds like a move from Pokémon. FOCUSSSS PAAAAWWNCH!
    -initiating nerd knowledge-

*Lurker straightens glasses and clears throat*
    Ahem. I believe that you are thinking of Digimon, where they say their moves as they attack. In Pokemon, they say their names when they attack. Or they just roar...

*returns to lurking*
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    -initiating nerd knowledge-

*Lurker straightens glasses and clears throat*
    Ahem. I believe that you are thinking of Digimon, where they say their moves as they attack. In Pokemon, they say their names when they attack. Or they just roar...

*returns to lurking*
    In Pokémon there is a move called Focus Punch and the trainers are the ones calling out the moves. I am neither a Digimon, nor a Pokémon, but I have been a trainer.

[/counternerdknowledge]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    In Pokémon there is a move called Focus Punch and the trainers are the ones calling out the moves. I am neither a Digimon, nor a Pokémon, but I have been a trainer.

[/counternerdknowledge]
    *shakes off the lurking coils completely*
    I see! Redacted then. I mistakenly attributed the move with the creature instead of the trainer. More than likely because of the FOCUSSSS PAAAAWWNCH made me immediately imagine the creature saying it.

And just because I have to - (falcon punch)
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-06-15 at 09:16 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

I have been a trainer, a pokemon and a digimon, and I've been known to shout focus punch. >_>
    (Although fighting moves are not my speciality.)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Considering the light armor Henshin grants, with no penalties at all, shouldn't there be a feat that allows it to count as if you aren't wearing any armor? Would be handy for Monks. Perhaps ass a side-effect of Serene Sentai, alternatively?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dumorimasoddaa View Post
    Luckily, it's up on that Pirate Pad I linked in the... 4th? post. A few tweaks may be done, but that's the core of it.

@Light/No Armor thing: Might be a good idea. I'll write something up.
    Extended Signature.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

tried to come up with something before on the pirate pad but it kept exploding. is it working now?

though, howsabout a once per day ability that lets him make a move action, charging anyone in the path (or pounce-whilst-mounted, though that might work better for a lower level ability)

Edit: added some stuffz...
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2012-06-15 at 07:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    tried to come up with something before on the pirate pad but it kept exploding. is it working now?

though, howsabout a once per day ability that lets him make a move action, charging anyone in the path (or pounce-whilst-mounted, though that might work better for a lower level ability)

Edit: added some stuffz...
    Works nice low level if you gain a few more uses as you progress it getting once per encounter wouldn't be too nasty and still less powerful than pure pounce all the time.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Used this class in a 4th level Devil May Cry campaign, and from everything I could tell, he was perfectly balanced with the monsters. His Henshin powers made him try to finish the fight early, but they didn't make him one-shot enemies. Great job!
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lohj View Post
    Used this class in a 4th level Devil May Cry campaign, and from everything I could tell, he was perfectly balanced with the monsters. His Henshin powers made him try to finish the fight early, but they didn't make him one-shot enemies. Great job!
    Great to know! Nothing too overpowered or underpowered? What was the approximate build? How did it help the party? Still had stuff to do not in combat?
    Extended Signature.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Added: New Rider Archetype, Primal Warrior series of abilities, some other suggested abilities from the 'pad, after a little tweaking.

I need thematic ideas for short ability chains. Primal Warrior and Timestepper are examples of the type of idea I want.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-06-26 at 01:59 PM.
    Extended Signature.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Great to know! Nothing too overpowered or underpowered? What was the approximate build? How did it help the party? Still had stuff to do not in combat?
    Yup. The other two party members were very fragile, so he rushed in (had the Knight power, so, he was much tankier) and using him as a meat sheild, the other two got into flanking position and they destroyed the, for lack of a better term, boss.
    You did a great job balancing this class.
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

I love this class. I'm writing a one-shot adventure for my D&D group using a group of warforged sentai. The spin I'm taking on the ACF is that Henshin is the colored warforged state with specialized looks for each sentai and the Alter Egos are generic uncolored warforged (for unmorphed battle) and a humanoid that is unique to each sentai. The focus for their morphing is a ring of elemental command that gets activated before the third encounter. Since the first encounter is going to be at too low of a level for Suitless Weapon, they're already equipped with the normal version of their weapon and it becomes the Sentai Weapon when in Sentai form. I'm also limiting the use of the Red Sentai's Finisher to either solo melee or ranged with full assistance from the other 3 sentai. The story reason is that the source of the finisher is the Military weapon that allows the other Sentai Weapons to be combined into a ranged weapon. Think Power Rangers Zeo where the Zeo Blaster was built on top of the Red Ranger's Zeo Laser Pistol and Zeo Laser Blade.

Cast (Alter Ego race/Ring Element/Sentai Element/Theme/Archetype) [Sentai Weapon]
    (PC) Unit-01 Red (Human/Fire/Fire/Military) [Bastard Sword (primary) & Short sword/Hand crossbow (Military Sentai)]
    (PC) Unit-02 Blue (Half-elf/Water/Cold/Ninja) [Ninja-to x2]
    (PC) Unit-03 Yellow (Dwarf/Air/Electric/Beast) [Dwarven Urgrosh]
    (PC) Unit-04 Green (Elf/Earth/Acid/Insect/Magician) [Longbow]
    (NPC) Unit Alpha White (Human/Shooting Stars/Force/Draconic(all)/Mysterious Guardian) [Sun Blade & The Bastard of Exalted Heroism (Tome of Artifacts)]
    (NPC) Unit Omega Black (Dragonborn/Vile Weapon Ring(Book of Vile Darkness)/Force/Draconic(all)/Psycho Ranger) [Nightblade(Ultimate Magic Items) & Midnight Blade(Book of Vile Darkness)]
    (NPC) Units P1-P4 are Psycho Counterparts of Units 01-04 but with Vile Weapon Rings in addition to their elemental rings

I have an idea of what I'm going to do for each encounter but need help coming up with the creatures to write up for the third encounter. The first encounter is the 4 sentai taking on a group of 4 generic warforged sentai that are uncolored and use force unarmed as their sentai weapon. Second encounter is the elemental sentai (ES) & mysterious guardian (MG) NPC vs elemental psycho sentai (EP) and boss psycho sentai (BP). Third encounter is going to be the giant robot battle (Megaforged) finale to the adventure.

These are the levels for characters in each encounter:
    Encounter #1: Elemental Sentai 7, Uncolored Psycho Sentai 7
    Encounter #2: ES 11, MG 15, EP 13, BP 20
    Encounter #3: No clue yet

That one is going to have two different versions of it depending on whether or not the MG dies in the second battle. If the MG lives (A), then the ES gain access to his Half-Dragon Megaforged in the third battle vs psycho versions of their Megaforged. If the MG dies (B), then the BP absorbs the MG's powers and it becomes a much harder battle between the Elemental Megaforged and the Psycho Two-Headed Dragon Elementalforged.

Each ES and EP has a Elementalforged which will be in a Huge animated object/vehicle with a monster template added for each sentai and with Sentai class skills and abilities. When all 4 Elementalforged Henshin at the same time, they form a Megaforged which will be a Gargantuan animated object/vehicle/warforged. The Elementalforged of the MG and BP are going to be Gargantuan dragon/animated object/vehicle Dragonforged and are capable of becoming a Half-Dragon Megaforged on its own. The Megaforged Henshins will be considered to not have a time limit. However, an Elemental Megaforged and a Half-Dragon Megaforged can Henshin into the Elemental Dragon Ultraforged, which will operate under the same rules of a normal Henshin. The Two-Headed Dragonforged is of Colossal size and Henshins into the Two-Headed Dragon Ultraforged. The Ultraforged will be of Colossal size to reflect the size increase from the increased number of combined Elementalforged.

I started thinking about the battle mechanics of the Megaforged state but haven't set anything down firm. My first idea is to have each sentai be limited to what it can do to control the Megaforged. Based on the configuration I have in mind for my Megaforged, this is what each sentai would control:

Red: Body. Activates Sentai abilities and can do other sentai's action
    Green: Left arm. Ranged weapon attacks
    Yellow: Right arm, Melee weapon attacks
    Blue: Legs, Movement

In addition to the controls above, the sentai would be able to activate their ring abilities with caster level equal to the Megaforged ECL. This is where the red sentai becomes a flexible aspect of the Megaforged by being able to assume master control over the Megaforged when the other Sentai are using their ring abilities.

Any input or critique on what I've come up with would be most appreciated. Especially helping me figure out what monsters to use for the Elementalforged.
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2012-06-27 at 04:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly? I'd skip the combining part. Because that removes some fun for each player.

My current draft of the "Giant robot" PrC has no henshin, because no one wants to have to sit down while someone else controls their character.

Also, updated the Magician Archetype, because the 2nd level ability could get stupid, quick.
    Extended Signature.

21. - Top - End - #201

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    My current draft of the "Giant robot" PrC has no henshin, because no one wants to have to sit down while someone else controls their character.
    this - I also maybe had a suggestion of giving the combined critter multiple turns; one for each combiner in the group.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

this - I also maybe had a suggestion of giving the combined critter multiple turns; one for each combiner in the group.
    That was a possibility, too.
    Extended Signature.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

So, uh, remember a while back when I talked about a potential game I could run?

Yeah.
    Extended Signature.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

So, added a feat from the pad (yes, Blackest, it was one of yours), and tweaked some wordings a bit.

Considering making a Dvati Sentai ACF, just because, but that needs thoughts on clarity and such...
    Extended Signature.

25. - Top - End - #205

BlueKnightGuy

mesningless post requested by TMK so he's not quad posting...

also, communicators now so my game can go head without needing to faff around with rings and shizz...
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2012-07-05 at 05:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

mesningless post requested by TMK so he's not quad posting...

Thanks for being subtle about it.

also, communicators now so my game can go head without needing to faff around with rings and shizz...
    Nah. Seems more fun to watch people struggle.

Anyway!

Added: Sentai Items, new chain of abilities for Psychos, new abilities for Musician Sentai, new item related ability (thank you, Blackest).

Revised some wordings.

Still wanting sub-theme suggestions. Like a second ability for the Insect sub-theme I'm working on.
    Extended Signature.

27. - Top - End - #207

BlueKnightGuy

whats the first ability of the bug subtheme?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Going to be a compound-eye type thing. That one on the pad.
    Extended Signature.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like we are short on level 3 sentai abilities...

Insect themes. Exoskeleton, many limbs, antennae, ewwwww it's creepy, why won't it die, there are hundreds of them, there are small ones coming from the big one, oh god oh god someone get a flamethrower.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wings possibly with a mechanic similar to the Alchemist discovery might be a fitting option.

Or maybe a scaling poison effect for your attacks.

EDIT: On a more kamen rider note, I did feel the lack of a proper finishing strike (ridaaa punch!!), not sure if it would be really necessary or if it can't be covered with discipline maneuvers, but it's something I felt it was lacking for building a kamen rider.
    Last edited by Larpus; 2012-07-05 at 08:20 PM.