New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: This is Sparta! [3.5 base class] PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    The new recovery mechanism is horrible. Like, painfully so. I'd change it to whenever he drops an enemy with a challenge rating of at least one-half his class levels, or the usual rest. To compensate, and I know I'm saying this a lot, take out the AC bonus. He really doesn't need it. And as for the DR, I'd say maybe leave it, and maybe cut it down to 2/3 class levels.
    I intended for it to be pretty harsh. You really think it's too much...?

I'd hate to drop the DR...
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This is Sparta! [3.5 base class] PEACH

i think it could reasonably be lowered to 3/4s Hitdice without being totally OP.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: This is Sparta! [3.5 base class] PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Vilpich View Post
    I intended for it to be pretty harsh. You really think it's too much...?

I'd hate to drop the DR...
    I really do. All other classes, even the Swordsage, recover all their readied maneuvers after combat is over. Here, he has to wait 8 hours? I know, I know, dropping a foe, but when you're talking equal or greater CR... it's entirely possible for entire adventures to go by without fighting more than one or two such enemies-- and even when such foes come up, there's a more-than-even chance that you won't be the one to strike the killing blow.

You don't have to drop the DR, as it's never too bad. (Although, again, I urge you to remove the AC bonus).

As an alternate recovery mechanism, harsher than the warblade's but not too bad... how about letting him recover X levels worth of maneuvers whenever he takes some certain amount of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by toapat
    i think it could reasonably be lowered to 3/4s Hitdice without being totally OP.
    Could? Yes. Should? Heck no. It's a front-line, brute-force, all-on-the-line warrior.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: This is Sparta! [3.5 base class] PEACH

I really do. All other classes, even the Swordsage, recover all their readied maneuvers after combat is over. Here, he has to wait 8 hours? I know, I know, dropping a foe, but when you're talking equal or greater CR... it's entirely possible for entire adventures to go by without fighting more than one or two such enemies-- and even when such foes come up, there's a more-than-even chance that you won't be the one to strike the killing blow.

You don't have to drop the DR, as it's never too bad. (Although, again, I urge you to remove the AC bonus).

As an alternate recovery mechanism, harsher than the warblade's but not too bad... how about letting him recover X levels worth of maneuvers whenever he takes some certain amount of damage?

Could? Yes. Should? Heck no. It's a front-line, brute-force, all-on-the-line warrior.
    I'll make it less harsh so he can recover his maneuvers after a normal combat (say, 10 minutes?).

AC bonus has been removed.
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread