New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker: Here Comes the Cavalry! (IC)

Fermor stumbles back in shock, and quickly scrambles to get out his prayer chain and heal the man. "Julian, are you... alive?"

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[7]
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"I think he'll survive, it's hard to kill these alchemist types. They always seem to come back one way or another." Roqoan says while he casts Detect Magic and takes a look at all the things he and the others are pulling out of Julians skin. He also looks at all the other stuff they've gathered to see if there's anything magical between them.
    After that he'll start appraising the things, hoping to find out the value.

Spoiler
    Show
    Appraise checks on the items we've found:
    - Gems, DC 15 (1d20+8)[12]
    - Very well made studded leather armor: (1d20+8)[28]
    - Walnut Helm: (1d20+8)[10]
    - Musket: (1d20+8)[26]
    - Very well made dagger: (1d20+8)[11]
    - 20 musket rounds, 50 pistol rounds, a powderhorn, a gunsmithing kit (AKA random gun related items): (1d20+8)[12]
    - Potion: (1d20+8)[10]
    - Very well made chain shirt: (1d20+8)[11]
    - Foot long carved wooden stick: (1d20+8)[22]

We also have 640 GP, 740 once the gems get appraised.
    Last edited by Steckie; 2012-07-11 at 05:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

After completing her evil detection task, Maple ponders everything that has been happening around these lands.

"Guys (and Brin), don't be blowing up our newly gained supplies... Hmm, I think I'll go back and get the horses for now as you guys determine what's good and useful among all the items here.
    Brin can come along with me if she wants, just in case stuff happens along the way.
    "

Maples packs her stuff and starts to wander back to the encampment, where they left their horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #544
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brin finds some fairly nice flowers growing around the tower. Nothing exotic, just healthy specimens.

ROQOAN
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Studded Leather armor and the stick are both magical. Spellcraft each if you like.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-07-11 at 07:08 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    reflex (1d20+5)[18]
    Julian turns away as he hears the click and smells the sulpher preceding the detonation. Picking himself off the ground (and coins from his skin), he growls as he shakes his head. Explosives. Do not like explosives. Be more careful. Fool.

"Body sufficiently contiguous to continue full functions. Can we leave now?"
    Last edited by stack; 2012-07-11 at 07:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546

Brin lifts her head up at the sound of her name, lost admist the flowers and memories of a more pleasant time. Seeing the halfling go on ahead she quickly gathers up some flowers, placing them lovingly into her pack, and catches up to the little templar "You shouldn't wander off alone miss Maple it's dangerous out here. I will watch your back... can you tell me why it smells like sulphur over here and why that strange man has soot all over him? Did one of his foul concoctions explode in his face?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Brin will look on ahead for any dangers...
    perception [rool]1d20+11[/roll]
    survival because i can (1d20+5)[9]
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #547

Spoiler
    Show
    damn fat fingers... let's try that again... BLARG foiled again by the 60 second wait to post again why do you hate me so GitP!?!?!
    perception (1d20+11)[16]
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Oooh, magic items! I hope it's something usefull." Roqoan says while he examines the Studded Leather Armor and the wooden stick.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft:
    Armor: (1d20+8)[17]
    Stick: (1d20+8)[23]

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Fermor stands ready, watching the horizon for any enemies that may be wandering the plains. "So do we need to ga back to the fort now..?"

Spoiler
    Show

Perception - (1d20+5)[23]

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

10. - Top - End - #550

The wind blows softly through the plains, and your captives stir and shuffle among their ropes, waiting for whatever comes next.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Julain takes a rope and ties the prisoners capable of walking together. "They walk. We ride. Prisoners on horses dangerous. Progress slowed, necessary. Begin at once."

Spoiler
    Show
    I presume we head back to ditch the prisoners, making the best time we can and making sure to keep a double watch on them whenever possible.

12. - Top - End - #552

Roqoan
    Spoiler
    Show
    The armor is a suit of Studded Leather armor +1. The carved stick is a Wand of Lightning Bolt (5th level)... With only 2 charges left on it.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Julian, we've found extra horses and an old wagon. Lets just all load them in the wagon, we'll make much more speed that way.
    Oh, and these two items are magical. This one is a wand that fires lightning bolts, but i think it can only cast two more times. I'll hang on to that.
    This other thing a a leather armor that has a weak magic shield woven into it that should offer some more protection. If anybody wants that, just grab it and put it on.

Anybody want to help load these guys in the cart?"
    Last edited by Steckie; 2012-07-12 at 03:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Julian takes a moment to ensure the wagon is sound before man-handling the prisoner into it and binding them carefully to the sides. He takes a look at the chain shirt, then looks at his own, worn and patched. "Need alteration, but superior craftmenship."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Well, once everybody is ready, we can get moving back to Oleg's."

Once on the road, Roqoan will do the following with one of the bandits every day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roqoan will talk to one of the bandits and say to him: "Tell me your name and how you got here. Will you swear loyalty to us and our cause here in the Greenbelt, will you swear to never go back to banditry again? Can we trust you?" Once he's asked those questions he will use his Mind Reader ability to look into the man's mind and see how he reacts on the questions.
    He will only use it on the men that Maple pointed out as not evil. This will be once per day as long as we're travelling to Oleg's because he can only use Mind Reader once per day.

16. - Top - End - #556

It takes the rest of that day and well into another to return to Oleg's.

ROQOAN
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are two bandits that Maple pointed out. Both are quite willing to do anything to avoid being executed. Sadly, your mind reader abilities meet resistance. Given time you could wear them down, but eh.

Everyone Else
    Perception DC 15

Spoiler
    Show
    During the trip back, you see Roqoan quietly talking to two of the bandits. You may read the spoiler in Roqoan's post above this one.

As you draw near the trading post, the setting sun illuminates tents and cookfires around the walls. There are at least fifty people gathered around the place! Things seem peaceful, however, and a few Brevic flags are flying.

17. - Top - End - #557

Brin's anxiety grows at the sight of the crowd... she didn't like a lot of people at once they were always so mean and cruel. She had a brief moment of temptation to gallop off into the sunset without looking back but alas she kept plodding along atop of this smelly beast. She looks around the trading post to assess the situation whether it was peaceful or tense.

Spoiler
    Show

perception (1d20+11)[30]
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #558

BRIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see people moving back and forth through the gate. Kesten's mercenary guards are still up on the wall, and you detect no sign of combat or recent troubles. There are quite a few horses and wagons behind the tent, looks like a caravan's worth.

Big caravan, though.

Hm, the biggest tent is bearing a flag of a personal crest under the Brevic flag, and there are quite a number of tabard-wearing guards around. Whoever's in charge is probably over there.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alistar

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling for that Perception check.
    (1d20+7)[27]

Alistar spends most of the trip back continuing to act as the scout and outrider for the group, rarely staying too near them for more than an hour at a time. When the group nears Oleg's, however, he changes back to his non-canine self and rejoins the group. The sight of that many people around Oleg's obviously takes his by surprise. "Well, what's all this then?"

Spoiler
    Show

And because I didn't say it before, Alistar isn't interested in any of that stuff save for his share of the gold. Whatever that ends up being.
    Last edited by Sithis; 2012-07-14 at 12:04 AM.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Fermor takes a long, hard, look at the tents. "Place is gettin' all cramped up..." he mutters, clearly not trusting the newcomers' motives or means of enforcement. A danger they were.

Spoiler
    Show

Already made the roll, see above. It was 25.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Cramped up? I don't think they're at Oleg's to stay there. It's either a merchant caravan or a group of colonists. On the other hand, why would a caravan or colonist group fly the Brevic flag?
    Whatever they want here, i'm sure it's going to be very interesting. And probably we'll even get some advantages out of this. We have been pushing back banditry as written in our charter, and we've already captured the second out of three lieutenants of the Stag Lord.
    We've been doing a pretty good job so far.

So whatever these people are here for, i'm sure we can look forward to a decent welcome. Let's hurry up, i'm sure Svetlana has some food left for us, that woman always cooks enough for an entire army."

Roqoan is excited to meet all these new people, there probably were a lot of possibilities here to get higher on the ladder.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

"Something about this gathering doesn't sit right with me. I pray that both Oleg and Svetlana are not injured in anyway.

And remember Roquan, no deals behind our backs. Or else I'll hit you with a rock, and we halflings are very good at doing that.
    "

Maple follows along with great worry about everything.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563

Brin looks at Maple and shrugs "Everything seems fine to me, it's just a large caravan heading north, though that one tent is rather odd..."
    Blarg...

24. - Top - End - #564

The guards of the encampment find reasons to be near when you approach, but the wagonload of prisoners seems to relax them somewhat. With no trouble, you find yourself being let through the gate into the courtyard of the trading post.

There are about ten people wearing tabards around, most of them either doing chores, or wearing armor and looking vigilant. The tabards bear the sign of a scales, and a sword to either side of it.

KNOWLEDGE NOBILITY AND ROYALTY DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's the sign of house Lebeda. They rule lands in the southwest of Brevoy, northwest of here. They're known for being opportunistic, liberal, and seriously good merchants.

From the firepit, you hear the sounds of conversation. Approaching, you can see Kesten Garess standing at ease, with Oleg seated by the fire. Across from them is a woman in her 50's, wearing black ermine robes, and a circlet of silver. Her cloak bears the scales/swords combo as well. Flanking her are two heavily armored men... One in his fifties, black-haired and serious, the other in his 30s, brown haired and grinning.

"Then it's agreed. All the supplies you have on hand, and you'll arrange to ship more as soon as they get here from Restov."

"Yes. Yes, I think we can do that. I'm honored by your patronage, Lady Revekah-"

She waves a hand. "Everyone who does business to the south of Brevoy's borders knows your reputation, Mr. Leveton. Why, if you ever had a mind to come north, we'd be more than willing to sponsor you..."

Oleg does his best to hide his scowl. "No, no thank you. Er, there! Here come the folks with the charter we were talking about!"

The lady looks over to you, and smiles. "Come, join us by the fire. The night is cold, and brave young hearts would surely help warm it..."

The men to either side of her look you over. The black-haired one nods. The brown-haired one sneers.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Riding up and dismounting from her Apples steed,

"Greetings, I am Maple Leafsinger, Mortal Sword of Sarenrae and one of the members of the charter sent to purge these lands of evil. But you seem to already know our reasons for being here, may I ask why your rather large group is here at Oleg's trading post today? I hope to here some good news, Lady Revekah? If I heard that correctly."

Maple smiles and bows to the new people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (First Impressions): (1d20+8)[25]

Edit: The one thing Maple is truly good at besides combating the forces of evil.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-07-14 at 10:27 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alistar

Alistar follows closely behind Maple, sizing up the two men flaking the (noble?)woman as he goes. He doesn't look impressed by them. He does, however, give a small bow to the lady, and then waits until Maple has finished before speaking himself. "I am Alistar Crowley ma'am. I must agree with my little friend her, your host did catch us somewhat by surprise. What exactly is the purpose of bringing them all the way out into the wilds?"

Spoiler
    Show

Throw out a perception check, see if Alistar notices anything in particular about them.
    (1d20+7)[8]
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Fermor ***** his head at them, unsure of their rather unusual expressions. "Thank you kindly..." his gaze shifts to Oleg. "So who are all these new tents?"

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive - (1d20+9)[18]

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Lady Revekah, pleased to meet you." Roqoan says while he follows Maple and Alistar in a little bow. "Do all these people belong to you or your house?"

"Kesten! We have great news for you. After taking out Kressel, one of the lieutenants of the Stag Lord, we've also captured Falgram Sneeg. The man you've been looking for and another of the lieutenants of the Stag Lord. He's still alive, we have him tied up in that wagon back there with a few of his colleagues."

Turning back to Lady Revekah he says: "Sorry about that, Lady Revekah, we've been so busy with our charter that it seems we have to do everything at the same time. "

29. - Top - End - #569

Brin quietly looks up and down at the three well dressed/armed people and cowers away into the corner where she began digging her garden.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge roll...
    will probably fail but who knows?
    (1d20)[8]
    will edit response

Her time in the monastery had been spent training not learning about the nobility so she just ignored the ground and began pollinating the specimens she had found near the tower and planting them in the ground.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-07-15 at 11:30 AM.
    Blarg...

30. - Top - End - #570

The Lady smiles a warm smile. "Ah, a paladin. And her brave companions... I am lady Revekah Lebeda. These are my knights, Sir Terrion Numesti, and Sir Hannis Drelev." The black-haired one gives a short nod. The brown-haired one smirks at Maple.

"Good news? I think so." Her gaze shifts to Alistar. She's got fairly hard eyes, and for all her finery and age there's muscle under that tabard. "Our purpose is simple. We have gained our beloved regent's permission and charter to settle the Hooktongue Slough, to the west. To establish an outpost, for purposes of trade with the river kingdom Pitax, and guard against Tiger Lord incursion."

Knowlege History DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tiger Lords were an ancient barbarian tribe who once ruled the whole region. They fell long ago, and only remnants of their glory remain in the Kellid tribe barbarians who dwell in Numeria and Iobaria.

Knowledge Local DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitax is a prosperous and fairly stable River Kingdom a few hundred miles to the west of here. It's positioned at a major branch of the Sellen River, and in good proximity to Ustalav and Numeria. The ruler is a famed bard named Irovetti, who established a major bardic college for the region. It's a somewhat anarchic place, with a flair for the fantastic.

"So we will venture into the swamps west of the Greenbelt, and there build a stronghold and settlement for the good of Brevoy."

She smiles.

"You know, I was speaking with Baron Eimar, over in Restov. He's the Royal Consul to the area, when he's not enjoying his wine. There's another fellow, a young swordlord named Maegar Varn, who's been tasked with the charter to settle the Nomen Heights, to the east of here. He'll get to pacify those damned centaurs, and explore the mountains. I rather think you got the better deal, but that's not the point I'm getting to..."

"The point I'm getting to, is that two great and noble families have sent their scions to settle points along Brevoy's southern border. But here? Here, what was to be a simple task of exploration so that your betters could send along a nobleman or woman to claim the benefits of your hard work changed the minute you freed Oleg and Svetlana from the bandits oppressing them. Your one good deed has put you upon a path of greatness, if you can stay the course."

"They're cheering you in Restov, do you know that? Thanks to Kesten's report, and word of mouth among the merchants who treat with Oleg, there's no way the crown can sweep this under the rug. You are being held up as champions of the commonfolk. You're POPULAR." She smiles wider. "And oh, isn't this a thorn in the feet of the Medvyeds who were to send their idiot fourth son to claim land here."

Her smile drops.

"You're going to have to kill the Stag Lord, I fear. Purge his influence from the Green Belt, and appeal your claim to Baron Eimar. Otherwise, the Medvyeds will not let you rest. They'll drive you out if they can, to seize this land. You're too much of a risk to them otherwise"

"Welcome to politics, my dears. Fortunately, I rather like you. I would much rather have you as neighbors than Sorel Medvyed, and his little useless twit of a wife."

Knowledge Nobility and Royalty DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    House Medvyed rules over much of the forested land in Brevoy. They are conservative and cautious, and make a fortune selling lumber. Narlmarches wood would definitely be a big draw for this house...

Oleg nods to Fernor as the lady speaks. "They're the expedition's tents. She brought a whole household of servants, guards, woodsmen, lumberjacks, masons..." He whispers. "Lady's bought up damn near all the food and furs I've got for'em. They're headed west. Be gone in a few days, they say."

Kesten looks up as Roqoan speaks. His eyes BLAZE with fury, and his smile has nothing nice in it. "Well then! So soon... Very well, you'll not find me lacking in gratitude. Place an order with my second in command. Choose four weapons, and he'll send the order through. The finest smiths in Restov will craft for you four masterworks."

"In the meantime, please excuse me milady, honored explorers. Oleg, I'll be using the barn for a time. Please ignore any sounds you hear from within."

He heads off to find the wagon and Sneeg.

Lady Revekah merely flaps a hand at Roqoan's apology. "Oh, it's quite all right. Mr. Garess has been waiting for his vengeance and vindication for quite some time. No sense in keeping him waiting any further."

BRIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you plant flowers, a human approaches you. He's wearing a simple brown cassock, with a symbol of Erastil around his neck. His hair is balding, and he's well into his fifties if not higher. "You... You're the one that I dreamed of. You are the masked archer."

He frowns. "The hat was not in my dreams. Ah well..."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-07-15 at 01:26 PM.