New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Traits WW: The misty isle

Three if The Mysterious wishes, and we see no reason why they wouldn't do so.

If one is protected from a night kill that would other wise just link them with their would be killer are they still linked? It would be much fun if a bane disrupts that process.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, yes, if the mysterious so wishes, then there would be three.

Also, yes, if a wolf targets a wolf for a kill, and that wolf that's being targeted is baned, than it disrupts the process.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

'Allein shae cas'ren.' The soft voice stirs the air but briefly, the amethyst eyes almost glowing, but still masked by the fog. 'The isle is shrouded by fear. Soon darkness will assail the walls.'

There was none to hear the words as the young hermit pulled his hood up against the dampning rain, clutching his staff tightly. His legs were almost frozen to the ground, as he stared at a vision none other could see. 'When one falls by the sword, their path is chosen. When one falls by the rage, their path is chosen. One more will fall, but the darkest of shadows. Then the path will be chosen for all.

Ayala can'si-ar. May illumination save us all.'

(And in. You can ignore or use my character as you see fit, but I'll be RPing the half-Daicchi Soothsayer the entire game. Or as long as I live.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

It's no fun to RP alone, innit? I shall join you in RP merry making :P

---

A note cuts through the still air, the warmth and joy coloring the emotionless fog.

But while the first note was one of mild amusement and musing, the next was one of heralding, an announcement of the player.

As that note fades into the foggy air, the half-Daicchi Soothsayer spies a figure in the fog, which soon parts to reveal a man.

His attire was one of mild opulence; the sleek elegant suit matching well with the top hat upon his head, which he politely doffs at the soothsayer.

"Well met, stranger."

With a sweeping bow, his instrument, a polished, well-crafted violin entering it's black, velvet case, while his oaken bow, the key to the vassal that was the source of his music, sparkled slightly, before settling in the form of an ivory cane - a minor enchantment, nothing more.

(This is a the combination of two characters; one was from a writing piece I wrote for a competition at DeviantArt (and won), while the other is an idea of a character I was planning to make for another piece :P)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

I made a change to the trait disguise of the mysterious, just so you aren't caught off guard.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    An Isle shrouded in fog. A being hidden in the depths of a dark robe. What light there is unable to penetrate deep enough to reveal its face. It gestures for drink. Not even the sound of its voice is cast into the crowd.

It retreats with its drink to a room, which stands empty awaiting it. The man pushes back his hood and sighs. If only there were not so many enemies after him, this hiding would not be necessary.
    I have the incredible urge to RP as someone who's trying to kill your character. Would you mind terribly if I did?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-05-12 at 03:52 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

It seems that with the end of the school year quickly approaching, I've acquired extra time on my hands that I had previously been using to study specifically for an AP test. But since that is now over with, I think I will continue my adventures in the ww games so you can count me in. Feels good to be back. Now to read the rules...
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to say this, but I'm going to drop out for now. I'll sign back up if I change my mind before the deadline, though.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Having internet issues, so I'm going to drop out as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh well... If things keep going like this it may take a little while for it to start...>.>

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The swordsman was after his target again. He laughed maniacally, traipsing through the mist. "We'll find them, yes, we will. We'll find them. And then we'll feast again. Hahahahahahaha!" If anyone had seen the Daicchi, they would have thought him rather insane. But those with exceptional hearing might notice a high-pitched buzzing which accompanied his silences, and those with keen eyesight might see a slight glow around his blade during lulls in his conversations. Even then, they likely would pass him off as speaking only to himself.
    The Daicchi crept past a tree, hiding in its shade, producing a handkerchief and wiping his blade. "I know you're hungry, I know it's calling... I'll have him in a few moments, you'll see..." He brandished the sword, calling, "Show me where he is! Show me!" He then turned slightly, the blade ever in front of him, as if leading him on. "You can run, but you can't hide... You can never hide! Hahahahaha!" The Daicchi went eternally through the mist, his laughter splitting through the darkness of night.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose I'll join this.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

A chill ran through the man, it was not safe here. Then again, for him, it was not safe anywhere. He set the feeling aside and began to prepare his wards. Little charms that the merchant he'd stolen them from so long ago had sworn could turn aside any search.

They didn't work, of course. He knew they didn't because he had been found so very many times. That wasn't going to stop him from hanging them up. Anything to ease his troubled mind.

No-one would find him in these mists, it was the perfect place to hide. Wait, what was that. Was someone outside his window. No, they were moving away. He really shouldn't stay at an inn.

By morning his mind was overwhelmed by the fear and he had slipped out of the window. An unfortunate guard had been nearby and now lay dead, a piece of burned wood used to decorate his face.

The Black Painter had struck again.
    The BareFoot Programmer

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Pokes thread to the top of the pile*

Where are the 18 other people? Let's find them, eh?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ga'arin Rookblade cackled into the mist. He came across a small inn, stooping to look over a dead body. He took a large whiff, a singed smell coming through his Daicchi nostrils. There it was. His prey. He cackled menacingly, eyes glinting with madness. He stood and withdrew his sword, pointing it at the charred face of the corpse. "Find him. Show me. Pick up the scent!" His voice was a hoarse whisper, but his laughter was loud and cacophonous. His hand shifted, the blade pointing in a Northerly direction. "Hahahahahaha! I'll have you soon..."
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-05-22 at 11:50 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

You should mention it in the general. I found this thread by accident and I'd seriously have been on it if I saw it in General WW.

e: To say, I'm joining.
    Last edited by Ur-Quan; 2012-05-22 at 04:16 PM.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

...well, my internet is up longer than I thought it would be, so I'm back in.

But if I don't post for a Day cycle you should probably replace me cause I probably won't be coming back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

The mysterious is a very... lonely lonesome loner. I hope I'm not it.
    And in.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

19. - Top - End - #49
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Heya! There room on the boat for one more? Not new to mafia but new to WW. Sounds interesting, and I'd love to give it a go! Anyone willing to give a noob a hand in filling in on rules/diffs b/w WW and mafia? Also, how much time does this take up?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

After forgetting for way too long, I'd like to join, if there's still room.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-05-24 at 08:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't worry, I still need a few players yet.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Heya! There room on the boat for one more? Not new to mafia but new to WW. Sounds interesting, and I'd love to give it a go! Anyone willing to give a noob a hand in filling in on rules/diffs b/w WW and mafia? Also, how much time does this take up?
    Well the main difference between WW and mafia is the names of the roles and the roles available. Here is a link to the basic rules. As for time it depends on how active you are. Some people spend a lot of time arguing others try the tactic of staying quiet. Though you should try to get on at least once each real-time day, if you are going to be away for several days then you should tell us when you are going to be away.

Glad to see a new player.

One last thing, I know some other mafia forums use the word scum for bad guys but that is never used here. We normally refer to the bad guys as wolves no matter what they are.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Many thanks for the link! I'm normally able to get on most days, though I've got a stayaway camp over the summer: June 24th - July 1st. Not sure how often I can get on and around then, so if need be, just kill me then. I just saw that this was a recruiting game, and you're still missing a lot of players. Maybe it would start up past then, and there won't be a problem? Or you'll get players quickly, and we can start playing. Don't know how long it takes to fill up games here.

But if this game doesn't work out for me, I can try out other ones when I get back.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground

Don't worry too much about it. A week in a WW game isn't that long, you'll probably succeed in squeezing through.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Would there still be room for me? I'm about to be lynched in another game, so I have time for another one.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to have to drop out of this one as I will be leaving for Italy this Saturday for two weeks. I will be without reliable internet for that time so I will not be able to participate.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

I'll volunteer to take 52.5 Lemons place.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks lex.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I'd like to join this one but my computer doesn't let me use QT's so do you mind if I use PMs instead, Shade?

At the prow of his longboat, Sir Dorian Ebonwolf laid his hand causually upon the hilt of his sword. As the mists parted he let out a long sigh.
    'This place will be a new begining for me.' he thought.
    'Maybe I can finally know peace here on this tranquil island.'

Little did he know that trouble was brewing in the deep fog that shrouded the isle.
    "The leaves rustle and you look up to see... (Insert Selected Creature(s))!
    What do you do?
    Well then, roll for initiative!

A (::) to Gnomish Wanderer for the awesome avatar.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Sure, QTs are only for convenience, though I don't know why someone wouldn't be able to use QTs...>.>

Anyway, PMs are fine.

Also, I'll start this some time soon-ish, because I've delayed it for recruitment long enough now.