New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Traits WW: The misty isle

I don't think we even need to discuss seers self-scrying first. They would anyway.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Wow, Runebound. This just isn't your week, is it?

I think the priority should be finding the Mysterious. With a smaller number of players, that thing is really dangerous.
    I have a plan which might be able to narrow who is down but I'm waiting to hear from Rune for some rule clarifications to see if it's plausible. If it is, I hope Ur-Quan is the Mysterious for the delightful symmetry.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-06-16 at 08:18 PM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    No, I think he's asking everyone to claim Garbage Collector, Lookout, or Matcher. Since everyone has one of those.
    My gut tells me this falls under the mass gathering category of game-breaking strategies, as nice as it would be to do. However, if RBS is willing to explicitly allow it I will play along.

There was great power here, he could feel it in his bones. It just might be enough to break this curse upon him, to free him at last from his flight. He began to move into the town, noting as he did a servant assisting some nobleman. The Count looked quite wealthy.

Wealth was good. Wealth meant swift travel and solid food. It meant bribing guards to let you stay in the inn they protected without turning over your weapons. A portion of this man's wealth would be his.

He followed the Count back to his place of dwelling and began to scope it out. When he had determined all he could of the exterior, he hid his arms and composed a disguise.

A monk, tired and worn by his travels, with a sinister hunger in his eyes, stood by the door and rang the bell. DingDong, the door swung open and the eyes became thankful. It took only a short conversation before this man was admitted into the estate to wait in the hall, eyes flitting quickly over the space, taking in every detail.
    The BareFoot Programmer

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ga'arin Rookblade glowered menacingly at the animal in front of him. "What's that? Dare cross my path? Haha! Hahahahahahaha!" He laughed, insanity seemingly in his eyes. He shook his blade at the creature, letting the fear show on its features. "I thrive on fear." He winked, then turned and left, his blade held out in front, Ga'arin looking left and right frantically, searching. Forever searching.

(@IF: Obviously, the wolf trait is Honesty.)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

'Mir'rayan, asater'ai. It has begun. Well met, stranger.' The voice replied softly to the greeting in the mist, the shrouded figure nodding to the note of sound.

'Fear of what we are, fear of who we are, fear of who we see. They all shall touch into the future of now. The priest's death, it shall bring a tide of blood that cannot be rolled back. A slaughter worse than the Dai'ichi ever purposely started.

Threatening peace, has a strange way of making animals out of men.'
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh dear. What is it you see, my friend? What fear, on this island that protects our identity, that is miraculous in preventing discrimination?", the musician asks, concerned, his fingers twitching, as if eager for another bout of song, his head full of music not yet played, his eyes taking in anything and everything, though straying back to the soothsayer, and his mysterious message.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

'The priest is dead, the monster waits. And anger breeds upon bloods taste.' Twisting his head to the side, the Soothsayer seems frozen in one spot for a moment.

'And now the vision is gone. Apologies, stranger. I wish I knew more, but I cannot speak of what I do not know.'
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm...a tale to speak, a tale to weave, a tale of ours to seek? You seem like a rather queer fellow, with your cryptic clues and ideas, but it's all rather fasinating..."

Lost in thought, the cane spun, and glimmered, transforming back into a bow while the instrument left the case once more.

"But for the priest to die, that deserves a mourning , don't you think?"

The bow slid across the instrument, a sorrowful tune dancing through the still air.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-06-16 at 11:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

No, you're allowed to info-dump your sub roles, although do remember that matcher doesn't reveal traits, and the only other one which doesn't only effect the dead is lookout, and even if three lookouts targeted the same target, chances are that they will only have two traits.

The Question is, do you want to, because you could effectively be outing all the useful roles to the wolves, who would just kill them off... and you'd never know that you were.

And that isn't all, there are only 11 people which have good reason to give correct results, in thread, all five of the wolves will have no problem giving incorrect information, the 3 neutrals have no reason to not give incorrect information, and the mysterious really doesn't want to give information, so you may want to think this through a bit before doing it.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing, even if someone has got a total of 4 traits out of him from different results, it doesn't necessarily mean someone out of them is lying, the mysterious gets a trait disguise don't forget.
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2012-06-17 at 01:35 AM.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Traits WW: The misty island

Not quite sure what to do but I guess I'll just vote Vesth for absolutly no reason whatsoever... Really no reason at all.
    "The leaves rustle and you look up to see... (Insert Selected Creature(s))!
    What do you do?
    Well then, roll for initiative!

A (::) to Gnomish Wanderer for the awesome avatar.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

A random day one point towards Grue Bait.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-06-18 at 08:56 PM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not going to bow out of this game because it's already started but, I also don't want to play with Ur-Quan.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Ramsus. To help him.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-06-18 at 12:33 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

Yeah, Ramsus. I usually don't do early game random points, but I'd ask you to please keep the meta-game for yourself. Each game is its own plane, and I'd not want another game having influence on this one.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die! The new priest spoke. No one like him to take over the fallen priesthood.

Might the great lord of madness save you from eternal life in pain of conscience. There is no freedom like the freedom of non-awareness. The green God sent him here to gather his children. The great sages will watch the sea, waiting for his gift to me.

His voice was booming, his presence intimidating, his appearance immortal, his demeanor mad. In madness you all dwell, the only clarity is through our Lord.

He holds a scepter of sea-green, possibly done out of an underwater stone. Moss covers his robes, moss covers his hair and moss covers his hands. He looks healthier than ever. So much sea helps the spirit.

He is rising, he is immortal. In madness, you'll dwell, unless you take his guidance over. His voice booms, and not even the sorrow shades of the island can overcome its might.
    Last edited by Ur-Quan; 2012-06-17 at 04:42 PM.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

But...it's Day 1(one, one). That's the best(!) time for meta-points. (Because it's not like they can do any more damage than any other random pointing anyway.)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

I gotta agree with Ramsus. I like Meta-Pointing on Day 1. And don't frown Ramsus. *Hugs* I still like you.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I like you (when you are not voting for me) too (also hugs)!
    Meta-pointing on Day 6, now that's bad.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-06-17 at 05:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

After getting down and running some tests I found that the spam drop coordinated properly can be used to give a major advantage to town.

So in other words TBF was originally right and it's not allowed.

(Because if town can remove the mysterious quickly enough, it's a whole lot easier to tell for fake results, and non-fake results can be used to find wolves pretty quickly after that.)

Of course, should you wish, you can share info with people you trust, but no thread splurging.

I know I just said it was allowed just before, but after research I have to contradict myself.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Sooo, can we invite people to our QT's or something like that? or is it blind or some other form of WW?
    What do you do?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ebonwolf View Post
    Sooo, can we invite people to our QT's or something like that? or is it blind or some other form of WW?
    You can't link them to the QT where the narrator posted your role, but you can make another one to talk to people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, that makes sense. How do I make one?

Or is this really obvious or something
    Last edited by Sir Ebonwolf; 2012-06-17 at 11:05 PM.
    What do you do?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

See I missed a lot here. Lots of names. Well, TBFProgrammer since he called this n00b out. I will try to get on once/day or more now. And pay attention to this.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ebonwolf View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. How do I make one?

Or is this really obvious or something
    Register on Quicktopic and make a new topic with the New Topic button.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    See I missed a lot here. Lots of names. Well, TBFProgrammer since he called this n00b out. I will try to get on once/day or more now. And pay attention to this.
    Bad TBFProgrammer. No picking on the new players.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    "Hmm...a tale to speak, a tale to weave, a tale of ours to seek? You seem like a rather queer fellow, with your cryptic clues and ideas, but it's all rather fasinating..."

Lost in thought, the cane spun, and glimmered, transforming back into a bow while the instrument left the case once more.

"But for the priest to die, that deserves a mourning , don't you think?"

The bow slid across the instrument, a sorrowful tune dancing through the still air.
    Leshi Seasinger smiled, stepping out of the mist, and into the strange gathering. Or rather, into the section of the mist that was close enough to the other members of it to be seen, since there really wasn't an 'out of the mist' in this place...

"A mourning, perhaps, but not the whole day, which is what people seem to be devoting to him. Not that I particularly care if others want to waste their time grieving, but it's rather dull to hear nothing but the same subject, and the same words on it, no matter where I go..."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then what do you care for my lady? What story do you have to share that influences you so, such that the the affairs of others become naught but a nuisance?"

The violinist asks, the bow hardly slowing, though the music took on a more sombre note, the lulls and pulls longer to accomodate its master's current state of mind.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Well, as no-one has voted for me, I will simply pick the first name in the alphabeticalised list who has no votes: Bladescape

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's first day here right? Anyway don't have time to read posts, Vesth.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)