New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Terry576 made a very nice banner.
    Previous Threads:
    Ssssssss... Minecraft
    Minecraft Thread II: Just One More Block
    Minecraft Thread III: Zombie Pigs Eventually Forgives.
    Minecraft Thread IV:Life's A Birch And Then You Dye
    Minecraft Thread V: Don't fear the Creeper
    Minecraft Thread VI: All the Blocks Just Form this Way
    Minecraft Thread VII: Don't Blink
    Minecraft Thread VIII: Thank you, but our Princess is in another version!
    Minecraft Thread IX: Beginning of the End
    This thread is by no means primarily for my server, it is for all things minecraft-related, it's just we tend to talk about the server a lot here. So come, be merry, and build amazing things.

Non Server Stuff
    Croverus is doing an LP by text of minecraft!

//__________________________________________________ ______________________
    //************************************************** *************

Main GitP Servers:
    TO BE WHITELISTED:
    add your name to this spreadsheet in the first column marked "MINECRAFT NAME HERE", AND make a post in the thread.

Server:
    "scuzzball.serveftp.com"
    Mods/Admin Software: The list is on the whitelist
    Details about the worlds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *We have different types of worlds to accomodate different ways of playing Minecraft. They are organized into groups. The main group (/wg main or /wg survival or /wg 0) is standard survival. World list:
    --world: Our oldest world, and where you spawn. Set to peaceful.
    --terra: Mobs spawn here. The result of a merge of some other worlds.
    --release: Newest map with less stuff in it; uses the latest world generator.
    --nether: Old nether, with its stuff. Mobs are off.
    --nether2: New nether, with the latest world generator. Mobs are on.
    --There are also two end worlds, one for world and the other for terra.
    *We also have a creative group (/wg creative or /wg 1). Here, you have unlimited resources to build whatever. Also in this group is the world for Ironcraft. Nether portals in Ironcraft lead to creative and vice versa.
    *Our third group is hardcore (/wg hardcore or /wg 2). Here, all mods are disabled, and the difficulty is set to Hard.
    *Our final group is for roleplaying. Talk to Deme if you want to join the RP.

Server Rules
    General rules to follow while on the server.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Don't be a ****
    2. Swearing is censored(Cause it was easier to do than not, not that it was ever a problem)
    3. Don't steal peoples stuff
    4. Don't break stuff that isn't yours
    5. Use common sense

Rules for the section of the server that is RPTown:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The setting is fantasy, after a dragon attacks our ship, causes it to wreck, and leaves our characters stranded. Certain steampunk elements (jukeboxes, TNT, minecarts) are allowed, of course.
    2. There are no classes, but most characters do have jobs and specific skills as a result of their backgrounds. Use your own discretion.
    3. Characters should be tied to skins, but the character's name should be used in description whenever possible, as well.
    4. Keep RP things within the RPtown area, please. This includes grudges and so on.
    5. There is no commitment here -- play when you want to, go build and explore elsewhere when you don't. Easy enough, right?
    6. RP should be surrounded by quotes. Dialogue can simply go inside the quotes, and extra description and action are to be within asteriks inside the quotes, to make it clear to people not inside the RP. This is a good way to use names. "Like this, you see? *Deme shuts her book and waves it* I hope that's clear."
    7. Bringing objects is limited at first, except for building materials it would be hard or impossible to get on the landmass, but are still good for characters, like brick or mossy cobble.
    8. However, when a character starts, they can bring a few objects and tools appropriate to the character, for fun's sake. These are objects like tools and items, appropriate to their background -- the things they may have had in what bags they could grab *quickly* or on their person. Again, use your own judgement.
    9. PVP = A-OK. Destroying structures or stealing items, on the other hand will require advance permission from the victim and will require in-story justification, not just for lulz. Otherwise, it shall be declared griefing.
    10. If you want to temporarily "break character" and build a labrynth or a temple of doom to serve as an adventure, feel free. This can apply for groups as well.
    11. If you need people to play special monsters or NPCs for your plot, ask around -- you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) reveal too much until you have some takers, and then, mainly to those who need to know.
    12. The ability to re-spawn after death is a new, strange, magical ability that only happened after the wreck. The characters wouldn't know it at first. The same, of course, applies to the monsters that fester up from the ground after dark...
    13. When building in RPtown, be sensible. Obey whatever laws of physics apply to your character or building materials, be respectful of others' spaces. Unlike regular minecraft, these buildings have to make sense in an IC way.
    14. Most importantly, have fun. Be curious and adventurous and not afraid to bruise the apples with chaos and conflict a little.

IronCraft
    IronCraft is a Minecraft building competition in the spirit of Iron Chef.

Do not build in the Ironcraft world unless you are a current contestant, a judge, or the chairman (forbiddenwar)

Rules are:
    Teams consist of no more than 6 players.
    Build only with the materials provided to you by the chairman, admin or mod
    Build only within set boundary for each team.
    Violating rules will result in disqualification

PEOPLE TO CONTACT WHEN SERVER BREAKS
    {table=head]Name|Steam Name|Skype Name
    Sapo|Saposhiente|
    Memnarch|memnarch|
    Scuzzball|Scuzzball|sdafeds
    [/table]

//************************************************** *************

Going to an earlier version of minecraft:
    MCNostalgia
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-06-18 at 05:30 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Mage: Does it involve dispensers? If so, known bug.
    Nope. Trying to place them.

Think it might have to do with how they're not a planned-for egg, and don't really have coding.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

*sniff*
    I love the smell of a new thread. It smells like . . .
    *SSSSSS*

GAH! *runs off*

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Since I switched to 64 bit Java, my Minecraft won't connect.
    Repeated reinstalling and switching back to 32 bit didn't help. I have yet to reinstall Mincecraft.
    Anyone got an idea what might have gone wrong?
    Try playing in the browser. If that works, it's the same problem I have.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you guys been to funcraft server? I have problems with res create system (I got the buying part but I need to expand to second storey!)
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Try playing in the browser. If that works, it's the same problem I have.
    Does not work. First I get a very long Java load screen, then an error that says

ClassNotFoundException

minecraft.net.Launcher

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

7. - Top - End - #7

Hurray!

So you gents know, I've been playing on my Australian server a fair bit of late, on account of not having constant lag.
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

And the Giant server seems to have kablooied again.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, I'm getting more time to do actually fun stuff. So I've actually got time to run another Ironcraft competition.

If you'd care to to join in, please sign up here. This way I can actually organize the build area. Sign up goes until thursday-ish of the build week.

Contest will run from the 13th to the 19th, starting at 12:00am thereabouts and ending 11:59pm thereabouts. This is assuming all goes as planned of course.

Theme will be "Ponds, lakes, and puddles". That is to say, the build will need to relate to one of those things in the area. There will be another rule added later, which will be told at the same time as the special ingredient.

@/\; server seems to be working for me.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

That's quite odd, because the status image times out, IsItDown says it's down, but I tried logging in and presto.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #11

Hell freaking yes, I'm in.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I might try, hopefully I can do more than just help plan out my team's design. I was kinda sad after finding out how small the areas were last time because my vision for them would have been awesome.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

A stupid question perhaps, but, why does rptown need to be in a different group then terra and release?, As it is currently(from my understanding anyway) you can no longer move items between release/terra and rpworld anymore.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Posting to get a shiny tick thing.

Currently been doing the Skyblock challenge. Lots of fun. Making a garden of mostly snow with occasional dirt blocks for trees. :D
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    A stupid question perhaps, but, why does rptown need to be in a different group then terra and release?, As it is currently(from my understanding anyway) you can no longer move items between release/terra and rpworld anymore.

Because that's what I'd like it to be as the person in-charge of it (I wasn't asked, but they did correctly guess my feelings). Moving items from regular words to RPtown was always forbidden except in cases of adventure, and a few "character creation" items. So it produces exactly 2 problems, but in exchange prevents several bits of unfairness and cheating.
    We have 3 potential solutions to this:
    #1: I spawn in a requested set of gear.
    #2: I put some basic gear-type things in chests in the town hall, and say "Ok, pick out X number of items appropriate to your character's concept."
    #3: Ha-ha, screw you! (I don't like this option)

As for adventure-stuff... Ah, an idea.
    Get a chest together containing, let's say, half the materials you want/need at that time. I will spawn in double that for you in RPworld, since I've seen your hard work. Is that an acceptable use of mod spawning powers, admins?
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-09 at 10:15 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

As for adventure-stud... Ah, an idea.
    Get a chest together containing, let's say, half the materials you want/need at that time. I will spawn in double that for you in RPworld, since I've seen your hard work. Is that an acceptable use of mod spawning powers, admins?
    Very much acceptable.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Posting to get a shiny tick thing.

Currently been doing the Skyblock challenge. Lots of fun. Making a garden of mostly snow with occasional dirt blocks for trees. :D
    HAve you seen SkyGrid? I haven't tried it yet, but it makes Skyblock look easy. Also it allows for more exploration and the possibility of enchanting tables and diamond gear.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    HAve you seen SkyGrid? I haven't tried it yet, but it makes Skyblock look easy. Also it allows for more exploration and the possibility of enchanting tables and diamond gear.
    Yeah, that one looks terrifying. I'm awful at jumping, so not gonna try that.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Signed up for the Ironcraft. Too bad you didn't go with my idea earlier of fortresses. Hopefully for later.
    LGBTA+itP

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    As for adventure-stuff... Ah, an idea.
    K, np, that was the main thing I had been worried about, now that I'm starting to get over a flu I should be able to start again on the adventure I had been making.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

21. - Top - End - #21

Okay, does anyone know what would cause my MCedit problem? When I load a world, it just shows a big blank blue expanse. This is really becoming a problem. I've got a literally half-finished airship and my tower of babel is too short.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Speaking of dispensers, if a piston face comes into contact with the face of a dispenser, the piston will not retract when power is turned off, even if the dispenser is unpowered. Whether or not the dispenser has items in it or the piston is sticky does not matter. Anyone else had this happen?
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-05-09 at 07:27 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

23. - Top - End - #23

Dispensers can't be moved by pistons because they're tile entities.
    *Updated WorldGroups:
    - Added the ability to tp to groups with their name instead of their number
    - List of group names is at spawn

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

24. - Top - End - #24

That's not what I meant. The piston isn't trying to move the dispenser, the face (End of the piston) when fully extended, with a dispenser in FRONT of it will not retract.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

...what's Ironcraft and how does it work?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    ...what's Ironcraft and how does it work?
    IronCraft is a contest on the server in the spirit of Iron Chef. Build what ever you want on a theme within a boundry and a time limit. Since it takes place in a special world where you are in creative, you don't have to gather resources.

I'm debating on being a judge or a contestant this time.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-05-09 at 08:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    IronCraft is a contest on the server in the spirit of Iron Chef. Build what ever you want on a theme within a boundry and a time limit. Since it takes place in a special world where you are in creative, you don't have to gather resources.

I'm debating on being a judge or a contestant this time.
    Aah, ok. Hum... I think being a judge would be cool.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #28

In as a judge

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Just as a note, I haven't asked for judges yet. And as there's only two people signed up on the spreadsheet, it might not even be worth running if people only want to judge.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Annoyance is building a structure out of lots and lots of glass and glowstone...and then realising (without having a Silk Touch pick) that you have to move two of the walls to have room for what you want inside it.

However, once all was said and done...I had this!

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew