New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

So a village can be created, but it would be difficult to breed villagers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    So a village can be created, but it would be difficult to breed villagers?
    IMO, no. If you want to see a prototype of my village plan, warp to voidkeep on the server.

Note that it IS a prototype, but should serve as a decent example.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-11-11 at 12:28 AM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That is my new Overworld Portal - Walked through it and the world went black and i figured it had finally run out of Memory so reloaded and received the same thing till i put a torch down and turned around to see this. Lucky i still have lots of Obsidian left to fix it and get back (since im now a very long way from Know area's)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Well, SimpleServer is out for 1.4, and pretty much replaces Bukkit for server protection. It's got the following:

SimpleCore: Includes a tiered ranking system. You can fully customize what ranks have access to which commands from all of the SimpleServer mods, and permissions for various things.

SimpleBackup: Exactly what it says on the tin. Automatically backs up copies of the server. Furthermore, you have customizable options with regard to how many versions you want to save, if it continues to save when no Players are online, how frequently it backs up, and a few other options.

SimpleRegions: Does several things, including allowing you to disable fire burning and spreading and explosions breaking blocks.

SimpleCommands: Gives additional commands, which again can have customizable permissions to use with SimpleCore.

All of which have in-game help functions to let you know which commands do what.

Oh, and Forge compatible, by the way.

What does this mean? No more plugin porting, no more hassles trying to find it on the bukkit forums... plug and play.
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

5. - Top - End - #1445

And tell me why we should spend effort converting from our current system...?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    And tell me why we should spend effort converting from our current system...?
    I'm sorry, did I say you should?

However, it would make updating the server VASTLY easier, since you have an entire layer of compatibility requirements removed, not to mention an entire layer of stability issues. It's not a matter of spending effort so much as saving yourself effort in the next update.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-11-11 at 07:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1447

Ohh, it's a replacement for everything? Not going to have the plugin versatility of Bukkit that we need, and I'd really rather they not try to start a user war with it [/personalopinion]

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Server updated to 1.4.2
    If there's an important bug, PM me so I see it sooner.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

The mainworld spawn point appears to be set inside the side of one of the portals now.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #1450

MCMA is apparently not okay with having Bukkit builds of greater version than where Bukkit is, and assumed that we were using vanilla. Turned that off.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-11-11 at 11:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Ohh, it's a replacement for everything? Not going to have the plugin versatility of Bukkit that we need, and I'd really rather they not try to start a user war with it [/personalopinion]
    In my experience, 'Plugin' and 'Versatility' are contradictory terms, but again, personal experience and opinion.

I never said that you should use it. I was merely announcing that it has been released, and that it does a lot of things that most people use Bukkit for. It removes an entire layer of incompatibility issues and bugs, and runs with less resources. It is a useful world management tool.

There *are* people who go through the thread who are not and have no intention of being involved with the official GITP server, after all. The post was not directed specifically at you or anyone else on your server.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452

Well yeah but I'm saying why we won't use it anyway (versatility as in amount of plugins available), and pointing out my personal opinion on why I'd rather other people not use it.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

So as it has been brought to attention by Saposhiente. The server is now in version 1.4.2 That means, that tomorrow, or wednesday I will be hosting a PVP Tournament Event, for a prize for the winner of the tournament. Also, that means that the World Farms are now updated as well with a large scale potato farm, and a carrot farm of the same scale. Both of these new farms are the same scale as the netherwart and wheat farm. I will also be altering The Walls quadrants chests to have carrot seeds in a few as well as potato seeds. I will have saddles included so that players can ride pigs and make the match more interesting.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm so sorry, but I just have to...

Lol, thank you for your participation in learning more about Minecraft.
    Have a nice day

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

15. - Top - End - #1455

Are we still recruiting? If so, could you add zamuil to the list? I already added him to the spreadsheat. He's a friend of mine.
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2012-11-12 at 06:13 PM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

And here we have my No Creeper Zone, aka the Tekkit Sekrit Bass:

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Are mobs supposed to be spawning on the walls map?, Also, is there any way to escape other then dying if you fall off?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Are mobs supposed to be spawning on the walls map?, Also, is there any way to escape other then dying if you fall off?
    Monsters are supposed to spawn on The Walls map. I also have animals spawning, but for some reason, they spawn below the map, and not on it. So I will have to use spawners or something.
    Also there shouldn't be a way to escape, if you fall you are supposed to die, because one of the rules is that you do not leave your confined area. You can use commands, but you aren't supposed to be able to escape.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, I'll warp out then(I feel a bit silly for not having tried that)
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    So as it has been brought to attention by Saposhiente. The server is now in version 1.4.2 That means, that tomorrow, or wednesday I will be hosting a PVP Tournament Event, for a prize for the winner of the tournament. Also, that means that the World Farms are now updated as well with a large scale potato farm, and a carrot farm of the same scale. Both of these new farms are the same scale as the netherwart and wheat farm. I will also be altering The Walls quadrants chests to have carrot seeds in a few as well as potato seeds. I will have saddles included so that players can ride pigs and make the match more interesting.
    I'm guessing the event is Wednesday?
    LGBTA+itP

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

So i just made a redstone to obsidion converter in my singleplayer. it'd be nice to adjust it so i don't need buckets, but i'm not sure i can with the way i've angled it right now. Still need to place and remove lava source blocks manually, then push a button to have water put out the remaining lava for two cobblestone per harvest. Maybe i'll try installing one later, right now i'm just glad i have it working.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So i just made a redstone to obsidion converter in my singleplayer. it'd be nice to adjust it so i don't need buckets, but i'm not sure i can with the way i've angled it right now. Still need to place and remove lava source blocks manually, then push a button to have water put out the remaining lava for two cobblestone per harvest. Maybe i'll try installing one later, right now i'm just glad i have it working.
    Use this design if you don't care if you do it one by one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Front

Back

Notes: Dispenser has a lava bucket. Place the bucket AFTER you place the torch and redstone dust. It is also bud based, place the redstone you want to convert on the block next to the flowing water(which has a hole under it so it won't spill out)
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Event is Thursday actually.

I'll try to host it some time after 5 PM, EST. (New York time)
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-11-13 at 09:59 PM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Firbolg in the Playground

Started a new World (as The Bushranger has done) on Tekkit to avoid certain Mods (and i turned off some of the ones even it had)

Its the Same world seed as the Other one and I'm building relatively the same base but this time its all my own hard work and not any Cheating via the Items mod.

Was inspired to do this after watching a Lets Play last night for a few eps.

Oh how i love my Divining Rod ~ it turns my Normal mining method on its head but produces so much more for less effort (Normal Method is Pick a direction and drive a access tunnel and then drift every 2 blocks side ways and see what i find in a selected area)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #1465

Well it's page 49 and you know what that means: New thread title discussion time!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote for a pun involving heads or Withers.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

our server is whithering away?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

No! Bad pun! Bad pun!
    We need to get more people, not scare them away.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Whither Goes the Wither, perhaps?
    Also, herpaderp, I accidentally upgraded on my main computer...I'll try not to upgrade on this one, if I have time to get the energy to do all the things that need doing...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

30. - Top - End - #1470

Are we still recruiting? If so, could you add zamuil to the list? I already added him to the spreadsheat. He's a friend of mine.
    Anything on this?
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show