New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

I'm debating building a High Tower on top of my new mine...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Sap, mind updating to the new Runecraft? Please?

I have a design idea that requires the new runes already...
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-06-03 at 10:17 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    I'm debating building a High Tower on top of my new mine...
    All mines need a fancy top
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

hey guys can you please whitelist me on the server? i already registered on the spreadsheet...:)

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would really love a creative world sans mobs. I'd love to be able to build things without having to cover every inch of the build with torches to stop the mobs from spawning. Having a survival world without mobs and a creative world WITH mobs is all mixed up!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Episode 2 of my End of Crafting series is up. And I just noticed that there is no audio in my Episode 1. I wish somebody said that.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-06-04 at 04:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed it was deliberate.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, well that's what I get for deleting the raw footage. All of it, gone.

I'm putting this down as a learning experience and moving on. Episode 2 is great fun and it has audio, so it's not as boring.

I shall miss a few of my better moments like:

Picking up a mushroom and planning on making stew, only to realize that I can't in episode 2. (Only to realize right now that I can XD)

Walking into a cactus and then blaming lag even though there was none.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-06-04 at 06:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground

digimedib and Morguemeat: You do have to actually post in thread or have a friend advocate for you in thread to be whitelisted.
    75animerox: Added.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Im building myself a Stone block+all plank types crib in hardcore.
    no creeper encounters yet.
    Despite everything, its still me.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello there people who know more about games than I.

Ive got myself and a few friends a little minecraft server to play some adventure maps on from multiplay but each and every upload I attempt results in a failure. Can anyone think of something I might be doing wrong here? Im using the rar files straight from the downloads to upload. Am I meant to have done something to them first?

Thanks in advance.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Hello there people who know more about games than I.

Ive got myself and a few friends a little minecraft server to play some adventure maps on from multiplay but each and every upload I attempt results in a failure. Can anyone think of something I might be doing wrong here? Im using the rar files straight from the downloads to upload. Am I meant to have done something to them first?

Thanks in advance.
    You probably need to extract the files if you want to use them.
    I don't have any experience with setting up servers myself (every attempt fails), but when I download maps to play on SP, I put the extracted files in my world folder.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, installing on single player is all well and good, but it has to be a compressed folder to upload it as far as I can tell.

14. - Top - End - #344

What exactly are you trying to upload? Footage?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, didnt make that clear. Im trying to upload an adventure map - specifically the monarch of madness.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Good news!: I got my new computer yesterday!

Bad news!: I'm still getting used to it, it look and handles a lot differently then my old one. havent gotten around to getting minecraft back just yet.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I would really love a creative world sans mobs. I'd love to be able to build things without having to cover every inch of the build with torches to stop the mobs from spawning. Having a survival world without mobs and a creative world WITH mobs is all mixed up!
    I absolutely agree, Admiral Squish. There actually was a creative world without mobs at one point, but when the server was transferred over to Sapo, it was deleted in favor of the current one. Creative worlds without mobs make large complex builds easier when you don't have to worry about creepers in your wiring.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrt View Post
    I absolutely agree, Admiral Squish. There actually was a creative world without mobs at one point, but when the server was transferred over to Sapo, it was deleted in favor of the current one. Creative worlds without mobs make large complex builds easier when you don't have to worry about creepers in your wiring.
    Is it possible to make the creative world without natural spawns but still with the ability to spawn mobs from eggs? Or have the creative world set to day only? People need to test their mob systems somewhere.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello! I'm interested in joining this Minecraft server. I haven't really played in a server before, but I did buy Minecraft for a friend when it was back in beta, played it for a little while on PC, and more recently got hooked with the Xbox360 version. The username is DarklingPerhaps. I'm kinda a super noob
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2012-06-06 at 04:49 PM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

20. - Top - End - #350

Nyrt: You don't have to worry about creepers in your wiring; mobs don't target you if you're in Creative mode.
    Gnomish: Is that your PC or XBox username? Because the PC and XBox versions are incompatible.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

That is my PC name I registered the game with when I bought the beta. ^_^
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, you haven't been whitelisted yet. I've watched you try to get onto the server four times. You gotta wait until they say you've been whitelisted.
    The message shows up whenever you join the server, and then you imminently disconnect because you are not whitelisted (which prompts another message to people on the server).
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #353

I apologize, I didn't realize you could tell I was trying >.> I will reign in my impatience for the time being until I get permission.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome aboard, GW. Prepare to surrender your free will to the world of Minecraftia.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Yep.

If you want a quick tutorial on Runecraft, a mod we've got on the server, ask me if we're on at the same time. Got a spot set up in a Creative World for that.

Speaking of Runecraft... How goes updating the server to 2.12, Sap?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    That is my PC name I registered the game with when I bought the beta. ^_^
    Added .

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

Thanks for the welcome! I have never played with any mods so I'd love a tutorial. ^_^

So I spent a few hours yesterday just exploring yesterday. This place is pretty huge, lots of stuff going on. x.x I think I'm a tad bit overwhelmed, I don't really know where to start.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

The rule on building is that you can build anywhere that nobody else has built anything. On mainworld, this means going far enough away in any direction. If nearness to the road doesn't matter to you, you should make a turn after getting some distance from spawntown; plenty of space will be available offroad. You can also go to one of the other worlds.
    We also have different types of worlds to accomodate different ways of playing Minecraft. They are organized into groups. The main group (/wg main or /wg survival) is standard survival. The main world has mobs off, but the other worlds have them enabled.
    We also have a creative group (/wg creative). Here, you have unlimited resources to build whatever.
    Our third group is hardcore (/wg hardcore). Here, all mods are disabled, and the difficulty is set to Hard.
    Our final group is for roleplaying. Talk to Deme if you want to join the RP.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Our third group is hardcore (/wg hardcore). Here, all mods are disabled, and the difficulty is set to Hard.
    Good to know. I just thought it was on Hard.

And a roleplaying group? Hmmm.... My interests be spiked.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just had to share a local Minecraft Wedding.

I don't know them, but I've been the venue several times for local music. Really neat props and design throughout the room.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.