New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Theirs nothing in there....
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Alright. And what, as a Scholar, is...Outside the ivory tower, I guess we could put it? What's for all the not-scholars to do?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

Does anybody have a good skin for a scholar/monk?

I've searched all over but can't find anything. I'm just looking for a hood and robe.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by newBlazingAngel View Post
    Does anybody have a good skin for a scholar/monk?

I've searched all over but can't find anything. I'm just looking for a hood and robe.
    I can totally make you one, just lemme know the specifics.

Also, Deme, did you get that PM with the skin I said I'd make?
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, yes...Also, I do still need to know, for the record, what is outside your character's sphere of abilities, newBlazingAngel.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

I can totally make you one, just lemme know the specifics.
    I just need a simple hood and robe preferably a dark blue. Maybe a something extra here and there, but simple is good. Thank you!

Oh, yes...Also, I do still need to know, for the record, what is outside your character's sphere of abilities, newBlazingAngel.
    I can not craft things that would be specifically made by a craftsman like doors and tools. I can only wear leather armor. I can still use tools, because as a scholar I would normally travel and do some manual work (or like a monk who studies but also does work to help people) What I can craft are more sophisticated items like redstone inventions, books, potions. Perhaps as a scholar it would be possible to become minorly proficient in another trade, like being able to make tools but not diamond.

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by newBlazingAngel View Post
    I just need a simple hood and robe preferably a dark blue. Maybe a something extra here and there, but simple is good. Thank you!
    I meant things like hair/skin/eye colour, along with any details like jewellery or trim you wanted.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

White male, I get the feeling any other eye color but black will look creepy with an unobscured face,if you show hair I'm a dirty blonde. And that means blonde with brown, not the other dirty

Trim would be something to show the flame, like yellow red and orange.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

so just a thought, but with the next update including emeralds, should paleburg turn it's currancy into emeralds, or keep it as gold?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

If we are converting to emeralds, we need to get them somewhere first. They are too rare to mine, but if we have a few villagers we could get them fairly easy. Perhaps a little too easy. Inflation could become a problem. I say we keep the gold. In gold we trust.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah just getting them by trading with the villigers would be the best option i think, as far as i know you cant just make the same trade forever and at some point it either runs out or needs to recharge.

And also: Herobine Vs Israphel
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    so just a thought, but with the next update including emeralds, should paleburg turn it's currancy into emeralds, or keep it as gold?
    Given that the main trading via emeralds would be through a villager population at the market and in town, and chests at the market.... I see no problem letting it be emeralds, and say that it is the native currency of these strange people.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Incidentally, we can't use MCedit on the server right? because i remember sethbling or somebody creating something which allows us to turn chests with some items into them into villagers, one item being what is traded, the other being what is gained. For example if we used it in the market, you could actually right-click on the glowstone merchant to trade for some glowstone rather then using the chests. It requires MCedit though so it might not be possible.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Firbolg in the Playground

With all the talk of Villager Farming i would have thought that there would be enough to build a reserve up
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Who has two thumbs and is learning how to run a server?
    This guy.

Just figuring out mods and how to edit stuff and back things up, and then it's on to learning bukkit!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Algernon's mountain has a small villager population, as does the village I need to finish for the adventure thingy(I was thinking of waiting until 1.3 to fully finish it, as I kind of want to add cocoa plants and have being able to trade with the villagers there be rewards in addidtion to the saplings)

edit; also, I went exploring in rpworld yesterday and found some neat areas; a giant, very flat, desert, a swamp, with very little land(to the point that most of it's tree's spawned in the water), but with only 1-2 block deep water, and a frozen taiga(with a lot of caves and ravines), I also found a weird area where the land just drops into a very deep ocean, sort of like the chunk failed to generate anything but water and bedock(though I haven't checked the bottom yet)

the warps are;
    /warp rp desert 2, /warp rp desert 3(for the desert/s, there may be two)
    /warp rp field 1(for the weird grassland, that had the drop off into an abyss)
    /warp rp swamp 1(for the swamp)
    and I haven't made a standard warp for the forest yet(because i was building soemthing in one part of it[an inn]. When I log on later i'll add a warp or teleport rune to get there)

edit2; i've also found 2 slime spawnign chunks, at /warp rp slime 1, and /warp rp slime 2

edit 3: I've just found three jungle biomes on rp world, along with 2 deserts, a swamp, and a snowey biome at;
    /warp rp jungle
    /warp rp jungle 2
    /warp rp jungle 3
    /warp rp snow 2
    /warp rp desert 4
    /warp rp desert 5
    /warp rp swamp 2
    and the first snowey biome can be reached by using the teleporter in the hill across from /warp rptown(the inn in the first snowey biome is still being built atm)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-06-21 at 04:12 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Given that the main trading via emeralds would be through a villager population at the market and in town, and chests at the market.... I see no problem letting it be emeralds, and say that it is the native currency of these strange people.
    I am entirely ok with setting the currency of Obsidian Junction to emeralds.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

What permission plugin does the server use and would anyone be able to help me set it up on my server?

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    What permission plugin does the server use and would anyone be able to help me set it up on my server?
    PermissionsEx. And here's the wiki page it has.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

I need to edit permissions .yml before I can do anything and I can't do that without changing it to a .txt and when I change it back to .yml (both via renaming the file) it no longer works. So I don't have permission to set up permission.

Also, head injuries+minor learning disability= hard to focus on the XBAWKSHUGE command lists for fifty billion other plugins I need to run a good server. Hence the call for help.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-06-22 at 09:13 AM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    I need to edit permissions .yml before I can do anything and I can't do that without changing it to a .txt and when I change it back to .yml (both via renaming the file) it no longer works. So I don't have permission to set up permission.
    That, is not the best method to change things.

Using notepad++ is. It'll open basically every plaintext code file you throw at it. (video files, demo files, for example, are not) You can open, modify, and save the .yml without changing the file type.

edit: what's the end goal for permissions for you?
    Last edited by memnarch; 2012-06-22 at 09:15 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

For permissions, it's to have four separate groups (new players, members, moderators, admin) with different access to the plugins. Admins would have complete power, moderators would have basic server commands, worldedit access, and plugin access, members would have basic plugin access (LWC, maybe some worldguard) and access to a teleport pad plugin but not teleport commands, and new players would have diddly but LWC.

Oh, nevermind, I have to make it possible to connect first. I keep getting connection timed out from other computers even though I allowed RUN.bat and Java on my firewall and port forwarded.

I blame my parents and the default programs windows 7 comes with if I never get through this because of all the fire wall programs, some of which are hidden and long forgotten...
    Never let your parents onto your computer when they visits, especially if they fancy themselves to be compsavvy.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-06-22 at 10:23 AM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just finished building my farm that has a pen for every animal, inclusive of every colour and shade of sheep :)
    "I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible."
    "Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?"
    "A seminar on time travel will be held in two weeks ago"

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

I found a (natural) village in RP town! /warp RP village
    It hasn't been discovered IC yet, though, somebody might want to make an adventure out of it.
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

So Deme, good news is babies finally spawned in that small test village we set up, the bad news is that by that point i had already altered the underground doors to my original design, and replaced the halfslabs that were above the "outside" of them with full blocks. not at the same time mind you, after changing to my original design nothing happened either, so i think we can conclude that testificates need full blocks that can see the sky, not half blocks. a full block made out of half blocks may work, so we could still have the road, but it would need to be flush with the ground rather then be raised half a block above it like we have now.

This doesn't show however that your design works or not, if you want to set up a new test with that and full blocks made out of halfslabs as the "see the sky" block then i'm up for it.

edit: or maybe upsidedown halfslabs would work? *glubshrugs*
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-06-23 at 11:17 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

also, if you go digging around uner rptown; theres a series of weird tunnels I foudn a few days ago, and also a waypoint rune i buried under part of the road, to allow teleporter runes to link back to rptown.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I've port forwarded, allowed java and RUN.bat through windows firewall and told malwarebytes to ignore them, and I STILL get connection timed out when trying to connect to port 25565! Any help?

NEVERMIND! I fixed it! HUZZAH!

...Now I'm wondering if any of you are good with plugins (specifically, Permissions Ex) and would be willing to come on and help me out?
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-06-23 at 06:53 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #508
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    MCedit
    MCedit edits maps while they're not in use. So no, it can't be used.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

29. - Top - End - #509

I can't find the original ironcraft thread anymore. When's it end, and when do I get to know who won?

Also, is it possible to get a heads-up about when judging is? I put up plenty of signs so people would be able to find their way around, but I would like the opportunity to give judges a proper tour.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2012-06-24 at 09:55 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I can't find the original ironcraft thread anymore. When's it end, and when do I get to know who won?

Also, is it possible to get a heads-up about when judging is? I put up plenty of signs so people would be able to find their way around, but I would like the opportunity to give judges a proper tour.
    I'm pretty sure there is no separate Ironcraft thread, judging by how the judging was announced the last few times.
    LGBTA+itP