New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Guys. I just downloaded the newest snapshot, and is it just me, or do you gain a lot of experience from mining ore? I got 11 and a half levels mining out half a stack or coal. Do you get more from other types of ore? How much experience do you get per ore block mined? Do you think you get too much EXP from ore blocks? Find out in the next Dragon Ball Z!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I can't find the original ironcraft thread anymore. When's it end, and when do I get to know who won?

Also, is it possible to get a heads-up about when judging is? I put up plenty of signs so people would be able to find their way around, but I would like the opportunity to give judges a proper tour.
    Oh right! This is a thing! My bad, I am very scatterbrained it seems.

I'll need some volunteers for judges, and this round of Ironcraft is now closed.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    Guys. I just downloaded the newest snapshot, and is it just me, or do you gain a lot of experience from mining ore? I got 11 and a half levels mining out half a stack or coal. Do you get more from other types of ore? How much experience do you get per ore block mined? Do you think you get too much EXP from ore blocks? Find out in the next Dragon Ball Z!
    You get xp for mining coal, lapis, redstone, diamond and emeralds in descending order. You also get xp for smelting gold and iron ore. Leveling is linear from 1-15, after that it's exponential. So yes, you level fairly easy now.
    Too much xp? No, I don't think so. It finally makes getting xp easy enough to make higher level enchanting an active part of the gameplay. Before this I enchanted level 10 max and only diamond picks. Now I can try some other tools and higher levels too.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

4. - Top - End - #514

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    Do you think you get too much EXP from ore blocks?[/color]
    I would say you do get too much. Yes, like Matthias said:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    It finally makes getting xp easy enough to make higher level enchanting an active part of the gameplay.
    But I still think it goes TOO fast. I watched Bdouble00 do a video on the new snap shot, and within half an hour he was level 20 or more. You should have to put in more effort than that...

Also, Matthias:

Before this I enchanted level 10 max and only diamond picks.
    Enchant Pick Axes at level 14 for the good enchants (unbreaking and efficiency 2) and try enchanting Leather Armor, you get more bang for your levels than Iron.
    As per the wiki for armor, easiest to enchant goes: Gold, Diamond, Leather, Chain, Iron.
    Gold's durability is terrible, and Diamond is costly. I got a Feather Fall 3 on a pair of Leather Boots off a level 9 enchant recently (if not lower).

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So Deme, good news is babies finally spawned in that small test village we set up, the bad news is that by that point i had already altered the underground doors to my original design, and replaced the halfslabs that were above the "outside" of them with full blocks. not at the same time mind you, after changing to my original design nothing happened either, so i think we can conclude that testificates need full blocks that can see the sky, not half blocks. a full block made out of half blocks may work, so we could still have the road, but it would need to be flush with the ground rather then be raised half a block above it like we have now.

This doesn't show however that your design works or not, if you want to set up a new test with that and full blocks made out of halfslabs as the "see the sky" block then i'm up for it.

edit: or maybe upsidedown halfslabs would work? *glubshrugs*
    Hmmm...I'm wondering how we can pull this off without having to tear up all our roads. Your little test-village no longer even follows the layout of the roads... Which gives me an idea or two, though.
    Edit: About how long did it take for them to breed on your successful run?
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 07:58 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Hmmm...I'm wondering how we can pull this off without having to tear up all our roads. Your little test-village no longer even follows the layout of the roads... Which gives me an idea or two, though.
    Edit: About how long did it take for them to breed on your successful run?
    i beleive i waited two or three hours for the inital test, one hour after changing to my underground design, and one hour after changing the "sky" blocks to dirt.

Again your design may still work, as it is certinly more compact, we may want to try that out... you know what? i'm going to go murder all but two of that test village and change the burried portion back to your design. ill let you know how it turns out.

Edit: Nevermind looks like you already started that. The doors might be the wrong way though, so i'll flip those at least, i beleive i experianced problems when the doors were closer to the "inside" space then the "outside" one. or i might just be paranoid.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-06-25 at 04:19 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe. Any variable that could produce results could produce results. Of course, the real work under the road will have a bit more room to work with.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Hopefully we don't just get testificates hanging out in open areas that have burried doors under them. I mean sure the town is safe enough at night because of the glowstone lighting, but we still get a zombie or two, though i suppose an iron golem can fix that. prefferibly naturally spawned, as i think those have different programming then player-made ones.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Oh right! This is a thing! My bad, I am very scatterbrained it seems.

I'll need some volunteers for judges, and this round of Ironcraft is now closed.
    I volunteer to judge.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

been about two or three hours of watching the latest attempt with no sucsess. so i've removed the top layer of halfslab and am trying your design with a double-halfslab "sky" block.

The roads in the villager portion could always be different from the rest of RPtown. or we could try finding non-road places to burry the doors, for example i made the "sky" block of an underground door section in a desert village the log rim the boarders a wheat farm.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Hopefully we don't just get testificates hanging out in open areas that have burried doors under them. I mean sure the town is safe enough at night because of the glowstone lighting, but we still get a zombie or two, though i suppose an iron golem can fix that. prefferibly naturally spawned, as i think those have different programming then player-made ones.
    the worst spawning areas are the beach(mostly along the hills, and my mountain), I could add either some torchs or jack-o-lanterns to my mountain(neither would be out of character for my character, as he's somewhat paranoid about creepers and has a very large pumpkin farm).

I had also pondered placing more glowstone lampposts along some of the worse lit roads, but wanted to ask Deme first before i added anything to the roads or to the hill by the base of her tower.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-06-25 at 07:07 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Adding more glowstone streetlights is an ongoing project, actually...

The question I have is, if we make the sky block be a block outside the road, and therefore a regular full block... Why that doesn't work. That's really getting to me.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

what's wrong with the sky block being a block outside of the road? could just be a normal dirt block and the doors could be hidden underneith a real house or something.

Hasn't been even an hour yet, though the current set up does not look promsing. i'll wait annother hour or two then try switching to my set up with the double-half-slabs. see if that does any better.

edit: No luck with double-halfslab deme-design. trying double-halfslab Tamer-design now.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-06-25 at 08:20 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524

Hey could I get a white list for the server please?
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

You gotta post your MC name here and put it on the google spreadsheet.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #526

I thought I just had to put my MC name on the Spreadsheet. It's Osiris809.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

one hour later. The double-halfslabs do not seem to be working. hmmm...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    I thought I just had to put my MC name on the Spreadsheet. It's Osiris809.
    Added .

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

one hour later. The double-halfslabs do not seem to be working. hmmm...
    what about having the doors hidden under grassy areas, so you just need a dirt block above them?, even with the weird tunnels I found, they were only in a somewhat small part of rptown, and the areas near the market, town center ans mini forest seem fairly mob free(the forest is somewhat surprising to me to be honest, but I haven't been attacked by anything there).
    If we can get enough villagers to spawn an iron golem, those could help with safety as well, and any already existing full houses(or buildings with doors in general) will help the villagers repopulate if any get killed.

edit; I found one part of the inside of the walls forest that can spawn mobs, but it's part of the road, so we could add lamp posts there, also, I found two wandering npcs in the village, by one of the gates, I'll build a little hut for them for now.
    Ok, i've built two huts for the wandering npcs to keep them safe at night.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-06-26 at 12:14 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    what about having the doors hidden under grassy areas, so you just need a dirt block above them?, even with the weird tunnels I found, they were only in a somewhat small part of rptown, and the areas near the market, town center ans mini forest seem fairly mob free(the forest is somewhat surprising to me to be honest, but I haven't been attacked by anything there).
    If we can get enough villagers to spawn an iron golem, those could help with safety as well, and any already existing full houses(or buildings with doors in general) will help the villagers repopulate if any get killed.

edit; I found one part of the inside of the walls forest that can spawn mobs, but it's part of the road, so we could add lamp posts there, also, I found two wandering npcs in the village, by one of the gates, I'll build a little hut for them for now.
    Ok, i've built two huts for the wandering npcs to keep them safe at night.

Yeah dirtblocks and other full-floating blocks (so not sand or gravel) work. the problem is we were hoping to hide them under the roads to keep things a little easier to track. we can always put them in other places, but underneith the roads would have been preffered, but does not seem likely at this point.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

What I'm still wondering... Is why placing the doors and walls so that the dirt block *just outside* the road acted as the sky block, and the road's blocks acted as the "roof" didn't work. Because that was my idea, and I can't figure out what was wrong with it.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-26 at 07:16 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Ohhhh is that was was going on? That must have been why the doors were facing the wrong way.

in wich case sorry i think i f**ed that one up:S i'll go change it back now.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-06-26 at 07:35 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

okay after realizing what i had done, i changed the burried-door design to match Deme's newest "dirt sky block" design, and in less then five minutes we already have a baby testificate running around.

Deme, i just wasted a whole day because i mistook your design for an error. Sorry about that >.<
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

okay after realizing what i had done, i changed the burried-door design to match Deme's newest "dirt sky block" design, and in less then five minutes we already have a baby testificate running around.

Deme, i just wasted a whole day because i mistook your design for an error. Sorry about that >.<

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

25. - Top - End - #535
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd volunteer to judge, but I'm fairly certain you can't judge if you were in the contest.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Bugbear in the Playground

After the judging is done, I'd like my ship Copypasta'd to above my house/towers. Beyond the clouds. Thanks.

EDIT: When you are judging the MidNight Sun, go to the Quarters first and put on the music in the order that it appears in the chest, in order to get the full effect.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-06-26 at 06:39 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    After the judging is done, I'd like my ship Copypasta'd to above my house/towers. Beyond the clouds. Thanks.

EDIT: When you are judging the MidNight Sun, go to the Quarters first and put on the music in the order that it appears in the chest, in order to get the full effect.
    if it's an option could I have my ship moved to my island on the creative mode world as well?, the warp is /warp island village 1 if i remember correctly
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #538

Picking this up for the first time in a long time, and roaming the server for a little over an hour... I have to say... I'm overwhelmed at some of the stuff you wonderful folks have built. On that note, I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to place my own little constructions. The roads are quite handy, as well as the powered minecart tracks (which were a fun ride =). Anywhoo, back to roaming and looking for a free area.

P.S. Whoever built the Stargate symbol for Earth, you sir, are Awesome on a stick.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

And that's just spawnworld

Don't think many people hang out there. but ehh, not like you cant talk to people who arent on that world.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

You get xp for mining coal, lapis, redstone, diamond and emeralds in descending order. You also get xp for smelting gold and iron ore. Leveling is linear from 1-15, after that it's exponential. So yes, you level fairly easy now.
    Too much xp? No, I don't think so. It finally makes getting xp easy enough to make higher level enchanting an active part of the gameplay. Before this I enchanted level 10 max and only diamond picks. Now I can try some other tools and higher levels too.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, I could get level 50 enchantments easy... skeleton spawner+corralling and movement system+splash healing potions.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC