New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    There's a tekkit server? What's the IP?
    uf.serveftp.com, it is seemingly not going to be a permanent thing though.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Would it be okay to recommend everyone in this thread watch one of the greatest of little-known minecraft youtubers in existence (who I only recently discovered), or would that count as external baggage or something?

He uses more mods than ANY other minecraft youtuber I have ever seen. Even direwolf20. Likewise with HypnotoadProductions. This guy is also better than them. Yes, really. I think he should have way more than the 41 subscribers he currently has. (No, he's not me. I don't know him in person. He's just that good.)

I'd tell you who it is, but I need to make sure I'm allowed to first.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is it minecraft or minecraft related? The answer here is the same answer to you.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Java problems: Have you restarted computer.
    Tekkit stuff: Just keep restarting, I had that for a while. Twenty restarts later, it worked. Fun times.
    Other stuff: Tekkit server is staying up for right now, but what I really wanted was the industrial bits. Tekkit just had those, and looked cool. I don't like pieces of it, so I will be moving to a modpack that is actually what I want. If someone else wants to host the tekkit server, I can give you the map and everything. It requires forwarding a port to the computer it's running on, and then just running it.
    are you at least going to keep marble and basalt?
    also, is there anyone here that would be interested in taking scuzz's offer of running the full tekkit server?, I personally prefer full tekkit as it's fun to have acess to all of the mods
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-07 at 04:11 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #665

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    are you at least going to keep marble and basalt?
    They're part of RP2, if that is one of the mods in the pack then they'll be usable.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

ah, same with giant rubber trees correct?, Also, which one adds the rubies, saphires, and emeralds?, And the nickolite(or whatever it's called)
    if those things rmeained i wouldn't mind scuzz's changes it as much(though i do still prefer full tekkit, my second favorite part were all of the new natural blocks)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-07 at 04:26 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #667

ah, same with giant rubber trees correct?, Also, which one adds the rubies, saphires, and emeralds?, And the nickolite(or whatever it's called)
    if those things rmeained i wouldn't mind scuzz's changes it as much(though i do still prefer full tekkit, my second favorite part were all of the new natural blocks)
    The giant rubber trees, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, nikolite and numerous others (tin, copper, silver and tungsten) are all from RP2, correct. You can find it's wiki here, and the specific page with those things on over here.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    The giant rubber trees, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, nikolite and numerous others (tin, copper, silver and tungsten) are all from RP2, correct. You can find it's wiki here, and the specific page with those things on over here.
    ah, hopefully scuzz will keep redpower with whatever he ends up choosing, looking at the wiki for it it looks quite fun(I hadn't even known what most of it's items did until now)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-07 at 05:10 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Is it minecraft or minecraft related? The answer here is the same answer to you.
    Great! Okay his name is TheCowSaysMooooo, but he's awesome (as if I hadn't already said that) despite having a name that sounds like it came from one of those repetitive little-kid books. As I said before, he's even better than direwolf20, IMO.

Could everyone check out his channel?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup. The computer's been restarted a few times.
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #671

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Yup. The computer's been restarted a few times.
    I had to delete the tekkit folder in \Roaming\.techniclauncher to fix it for myself, but if you go that route though it'll reset all of your settings for tekkit.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

I had to delete the tekkit folder in \Roaming\.techniclauncher to fix it for myself, but if you go that route though it'll reset all of your settings for tekkit.
    No, I am trying to install Tekkit, and it's not working. I download the Tekkit thing and all I get is a popup that says it can't find the Java directory.
    LGBTA+itP

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

You know I'm now 100% for getting rid of EE since someone, got confused* about which house was theirs and used it to mess up the ocean by my house.

Tekkit stuff: Just keep restarting, I had that for a while. Twenty restarts later, it worked. Fun times.
    Other stuff: Tekkit server is staying up for right now, but what I really wanted was the industrial bits. Tekkit just had those, and looked cool. I don't like pieces of it, so I will be moving to a modpack that is actually what I want. If someone else wants to host the tekkit server, I can give you the map and everything. It requires forwarding a port to the computer it's running on, and then just running it.
    You can disable EE and leave the rest of tekkit.

14. - Top - End - #674

No, I am trying to install Tekkit, and it's not working. I download the Tekkit thing and all I get is a popup that says it can't find the Java directory.
    *facedesk* Getting confused between you and horngeek. Is your java up-to-date? Is your minecraft.jar clean? Have you got the right java(32 bit/64 bit)? If your java is up-to-date, you have the right one, and your minecraft.jar is clean, then just try going to the Technic-Launcher.jar in the .techniclauncher folder and right clicking + opening with java.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

*facedesk* Getting confused between you and horngeek. Is your java up-to-date? Is your minecraft.jar clean? Have you got the right java(32 bit/64 bit)? If your java is up-to-date, you have the right one, and your minecraft.jar is clean, then just try going to the Technic-Launcher.jar in the .techniclauncher folder and right clicking + opening with java.
    Yes, yes, yes, and that's the issue: I can't even get the launcher onto my computer. It will download the setup for the launcher, then open the setup and give me the popup, and close it all.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #676

Yes, yes, yes, and that's the issue: I can't even get the launcher onto my computer. It will download the setup for the launcher, then open the setup and give me the popup, and close it all.
    Tried having both 64- and 32-bit java installed?

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. I'll go for the delete-and-reinstall Tekkit, then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone seen any of TheCowSaysMooooo's videos yet?

They're awesome. Watch them!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    You know I'm now 100% for getting rid of EE since someone, got confused* about which house was theirs and used it to mess up the ocean by my house.

You can disable EE and leave the rest of tekkit.
    Sorry about that, and sorry for when I messed up during repairs, I had thought the water amulet acted like buckets. And, aye, i can understand that you want to not have ee after what I did with it to your ocean and the feilds near spawn
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, deleted my Tekkit folders, reinstalled, and it's still not working. The only mods that are functioning are IC and Buildcraft.

Oh, and Too Many Items.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, the thing with disabling EE: some of the other mods in Tekkit (I'm looking at IC here, although Buildcraft is an offender as well) can get diamond-intensive fast.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-07-07 at 07:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Tried having both 64- and 32-bit java installed?
    Yup.
    It might just be my computer being in the final stages of death.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Anyway, the thing with disabling EE: some of the other mods in Tekkit (I'm looking at IC here, although Buildcraft is an offender as well) can get diamond-intensive fast.
    So set up quarries or other sorts of things. With EE2 fully enabled, you get situations like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

For reference, 1 DM(The black/purple things) = 17 diamonds, and 1 RM (Red/yellow things) = 3 and a bit DM. There was a fair amount more in that chest, but it gets used up by people making shiny EE items with it.
    Yup.
    It might just be my computer being in the final stages of death.
    Possibly. You could go the route of googling your issue and seeing if there're any other solutions, I can't find any.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

So set up quarries or other sorts of things. With EE2 fully enabled, you get situations like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

For reference, 1 DM(The black/purple things) = 17 diamonds, and 1 RM (Red/yellow things) = 3 and a bit DM. There was a fair amount more in that chest, but it gets used up by people making shiny EE items with it.

Possibly. You could go the route of googling your issue and seeing if there're any other solutions, I can't find any.
    huh...not sure how I missed that chest, i only notcied the underwater one
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #685

huh...not sure how I missed that chest, i only notcied the underwater one
    Yeah, the underwater one happens to be my own personal one, in my little house. But enough people wander in there and take things, so...

26. - Top - End - #686
    Bugbear in the Playground

What about an Industrialcraft server? It has some nice automation.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Firbolg in the Playground

After much waiting and forgetting, the Ironcraft: Airships results are finally in!

Spoiler
    Show
    In first place: jbhaugh!

In second place: arcanamage!

In third place: Untrainedmonkey and cstruble with a tie!

(untrainedmonkey's)

(cstruble's)
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey everyone, how does an event marathon sound!?!

I'm alone at my dad's apartment for the week. So I will have a chance this week, better than any other week to do something fun!
    Who would like for me to host some Survival Pyramid events this week? I'll be willing to hold one every day of the week (monday through friday). Has to be somewhat late, make a post or send me a pm about what times you would like, I'm thinking around 5PM would be a good time to start the waiting period, and then start the actual event at 5:10. If a majority of you have times that you would prefer to have the event take place. Please let me know!
    P.S. I will be holding multiple rounds of events, so if one group of poor sods - I mean... contestants doesn't beat it, then we will all regroup at the entrance of the pyramid, and start another round.

Thanks, and I hope that you guys are having lots of fun over your summers! Hope to see you some time this week. I'll do my best to be on before 5 PM so that if there are any questions about what they survival pyramid is, that I can tell them. See you then!

Sincerely,
    Your Admin
    HeavensAngel (Look for the rainbow guy)

SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!
    I'm not home so I don't have my mods or the key binds that I would use for the event. I WILL THOUGH... be able to host the pyramid event from the 14th to the 19th. The days will be a bit more unsure. SORRY D:!
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-07-08 at 05:25 PM.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

29. - Top - End - #689

To anyone using Tekkit, does anyone know of a BC and IC2 way for renewable scrap?

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    To anyone using Tekkit, does anyone know of a BC and IC2 way for renewable scrap?
    I use a cobblestone generator, a filler, an obsidian pipe, and pump the cobblestone into a recycler. That makes a huge amount of scrap, when you get ten or twenty units going.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”