New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Well... that's going to be hard. I'd be willing to work on it some, but first I'd need to check legal stuff and even just where all the relevant people live.
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    First off, Technic does not have permission to distribute about half the mods in the pack. To me, this is just plain rude, and I refuse to have anything to do with it. With programs like MultiMC and MagicLoader that can help you create your own custom mod pack quickly and easily, there's really no point to it anymore.
    Care to tell us which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    That's kind of a jerk move. Does anyone have the resources to actually go after them for it? Anyone know the legal issues exactly? If they really are distributing copyrighted gunk without permission we might be able to organize a take down...
    Accept they now actually have permissions for the mods they distribute. So by claiming they don't your spreading misinformation.

Originally the technic pack didn't have permissions because it was a mod pack that was created to be shared among some friends on the SA forums. However the yogscast covered it and became very popular, and the mod authors found out about it. Some of them had thought it was good idea, for example Eloraam (redpower, forge) others though didn't like it. Alblakas (IC) for example though they were basically stealing from him and taking credit for his mod. However he talked to the technic team, realized that they were not claiming ownership of the mods, and also that he had an increased number of donations because of the technic pack gave his permissions. Sengir (forestry) on the other had griefed anyone who had the technic launcher regardless how you got his mod.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder how har dit would be to remove what he did to forestry and add it to private tekkit packs?
    Also, i'll take a look at the rptown derp chunk, hopefully it didn't damage anything i have there.
    edit: ah, you emant a moutnain chunk spawned inthe forest, other then hitting a small part of the wall, it didn't actually hit anything, any reason for us not to carve a spot for the wall, and rehsape the chunk into looking more mountainy?,It looks like it could be a neat landmark if rehsaped a little
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-11 at 01:16 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys, just wanted to start a speculation how would Minecraft be like if it was set in Dark Sun?
    - Tobuscus' Diamond Sword would be Iron Sword (rare in Dark Sun).
    - Yogcast would be Simon as Mul or Dwarf (I am a dwarf and I am killing a man) and Lewis in torned star trek uniform.
    - bones can be used as stick (AKA handle for tools) and weapon.
    P.S- we need a buff update for axe in minecraft.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Alright I worked out the things that i've been given for suggestions for the Survival Pyramid. I changed items for the paladin so he isn't so OP. I also added in the main portal room, class information. Once you go through the iron door, on your left is a list of every single class, and the types of items that the kit has. No number is given, just the general item. No enchantments are given either, just that there is an enchantment. With the assassin class, I gave the boots feather falling 4, so that you won't die as easily when using the ender eyes to teleport. Hope that helps :) Send me a PM if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, do not post anything replying to this please, I will most likely NOT read it. Thank you again :) off to work with me, again.

Thanks,
    Heavens Angel (Admin)
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-07-11 at 07:40 AM.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I wonder how har dit would be to remove what he did to forestry and add it to private tekkit packs?
    Also, i'll take a look at the rptown derp chunk, hopefully it didn't damage anything i have there.
    edit: ah, you emant a moutnain chunk spawned inthe forest, other then hitting a small part of the wall, it didn't actually hit anything, any reason for us not to carve a spot for the wall, and rehsape the chunk into looking more mountainy?,It looks like it could be a neat landmark if rehsaped a little
    Yeah, we could try that. I'll see what I can do...Though... How exactly are we working the wall around it, so I can accomodate?
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-11 at 09:40 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    Care to tell us which ones?
    They still don't have permission from Kraft, which means BC and Logisitics Pipes specifically. Also TC2 front page explicitly denies permission from anyone he hasn't explicitly given permission to.

Accept they now actually have permissions for the mods they distribute. So by claiming they don't your spreading misinformation.
    Except... they still don't.

Originally the technic pack didn't have permissions because it was a mod pack that was created to be shared among some friends on the SA forums. However the yogscast covered it and became very popular, and the mod authors found out about it. Some of them had thought it was good idea, for example Eloraam (redpower, forge) others though didn't like it. Alblakas (IC) for example though they were basically stealing from him and taking credit for his mod. However he talked to the technic team, realized that they were not claiming ownership of the mods, and also that he had an increased number of donations because of the technic pack gave his permissions. Sengir (forestry) on the other had griefed anyone who had the technic launcher regardless how you got his mod.
    Sir Sengir was upset that they were still distributing his mod without his permission, so he made his mod non-compatible with Technic. It did not 'grief' anyone, nor did it 'crash a world', as some people claim. All it did was prevent it from working as long as Forestry was run in the Technic Pack.

As far as taking legal action... effectively impossible. Several mod authors are pretty pissed about it (check out DireWolf20's LP Server, which has several mod authors in it talking show for evidence of this), but since there's really not a whole lot that CAN be done, due to the tremendous expense in terms of both time and money that would be required, the best thing the mod authors who don't want their mod in the technic pack to do is to do just what SirSengir did.

I know that if I ever made a mod, I'd wave it at DireWolf20 and ask him to make a mod spotlight on it for getting the word out, rather than permit Technic to touch it. In fact, I'd probably ask SirSengir for the code he used to make his mod non-compatible and put it in.

Right now, though, I'm avoid the whole muddled mess that is modding in Minecraft until Forge settles everything down and releases an API for the finished version of FML which replaces ModLoader as it currently does for ModLoaderMP. And really, seeing the disrespect the coders get... I'm not sure if I want to devote so much of my spare time

Anyways, that's my last post on this topic. Believe it or not, I really don't care. I've said my peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #728
    Dwarf in the Playground

tongue Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Okay, still working on the Survival pyramid, and I managed to add something to the viewing dock exit, I added a detection system that will detect if a mine cart has a passenger in it or not. If the mine cart does not have a passenger in it, then it will proceed straight. If someone is in the mine cart, then it will turn to the right and continue to the main railway station.

I will probably make it so that if the mine cart doesn't have anyone in it, that it will loop back around, and land back onto the docking station from above, rather than going into a pit of lava (which it is doing right now). I will have to figure out if that works or not.

Right now I'm just bored, and looking at seemingly cool things that I haven't looked at or made. I may make some of them and see if they have any use in any of our worlds. So... I will most likely make a post when I've completed the empty cart loop around.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Yeah, we could try that. I'll see what I can do...Though... How exactly are we working the wall around it, so I can accomodate?
    I was that we/I could carve a space, so the wall wouldn't need to be moved
    I even have enough supplies to rebuild the part that got hit
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-11 at 09:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

actually Hevens Angel seems to have flattened the area to about ground level again. so that might kind of ruin that idea.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    actually Hevens Angel seems to have flattened the area to about ground level again. so that might kind of ruin that idea.
    darn......
    Meow(Steam page)

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry D: I didn't know that you wanted to make something out of the chunk... I thought that at first you wanted it restored to the way it was before, I couldn't do that perfectly so I flattened it. :/ Hope you aren't too annoyed. If you want I can remake the wall for you, and you won't have to use resources, seeing as how you weren't expecting to lose that chunk of wall.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

13. - Top - End - #733
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I found that just now while roaming about in my Technic World - It did have inhabitants but when i turned peaceful mode on to not be eaten by some gribbly thing while i treked around it taking screen caps they all vanished

I am considering the effort in moving my base to it as its damm cool (already have a sub base to the north with a trio of Normal villages that i am helping grow)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to run a tekkit server and even though I've edited launch.bat so that it leads to the same java path that my bukkit server uses, it says it can't recognize the path.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #735

Railcraft is Borked!

Cant make normal rail tracks ok, look into what is needed to make the ones needed by the mod... rolling machine and iron all good (Steel and its its blast furnace can wait till i have a stronger nether presence)

Wooded Railbeds... 1 Creosote oil and 3 slabs make one tie (you need four of the buggers to make a railbed)

I have 15 of the oil care of a stack of Coal i turned into coke because i could...

Whoever made that mod doesn't want you to go anywhere by rail very fast for a long time.

So i am wondering what would happen if i turned the mod off made a Ton of Regular rail (which i believe work fine) and turned it back on again (possibly repeating if i run out of rail again. The main concern is that i have built a Tunnel borer already and don't want to lose it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I found that just now while roaming about in my Technic World - It did have inhabitants but when i turned peaceful mode on to not be eaten by some gribbly thing while i treked around it taking screen caps they all vanished

I am considering the effort in moving my base to it as its damm cool (already have a sub base to the north with a trio of Normal villages that i am helping grow)
    Holy crap! I once discovered that ship in my YogBox world! Then I uh, looted it of all it's iron, wool, obsidian, beds, and other stuff before I burned it down.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I figured out to how to run a tekkit server, but I'm still a noob with all the mods it includes. If I were to host the server for a certain time period each night, would anyone be willing to get on and teach me how to use them effectively? Because so far all I've done is set up a geothermal generator next to a volcano and hook it up to a macerator and an extractor.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I figured out to how to run a tekkit server, but I'm still a noob with all the mods it includes. If I were to host the server for a certain time period each night, would anyone be willing to get on and teach me how to use them effectively? Because so far all I've done is set up a geothermal generator next to a volcano and hook it up to a macerator and an extractor.

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

If that works, mind if I get on your server and learn as well? This is, of course, depending on me getting Tekkit to work...
    LGBTA+itP

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

I'd love to give a tekkit server a try, but i recently uninstalled java as i think it's been messing with annother website i frequent, sadly it's shown no improvement just yet, but i'm gunna leave it for a few days in hopes it just takes time to recover.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    I would like to give the server a try if it's an option, i've been trying out various things in ssp for a while so I'm getting a better idea of what the mods do.
    One kind of fun thing are nukes(they're great for making caves or valleys, and cut out a sphere instead of a box), though they use so much uranium it's probably better to just make reactors out of the uranium when first starting up
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Railcraft is Borked!

Cant make normal rail tracks ok, look into what is needed to make the ones needed by the mod... rolling machine and iron all good (Steel and its its blast furnace can wait till i have a stronger nether presence)

Wooded Railbeds... 1 Creosote oil and 3 slabs make one tie (you need four of the buggers to make a railbed)

I have 15 of the oil care of a stack of Coal i turned into coke because i could...

Whoever made that mod doesn't want you to go anywhere by rail very fast for a long time.

So i am wondering what would happen if i turned the mod off made a Ton of Regular rail (which i believe work fine) and turned it back on again (possibly repeating if i run out of rail again. The main concern is that i have built a Tunnel borer already and don't want to lose it.
    Cresote oil is effectively free with time investment. You turn Coal into Coal Coke (twice the burn for no additional charge!) and get the oil for free as a byproduct. It actually comes out to less resources to do it via railcraft, considering you're making 16 at a time, rather than 8.

However, there's a simple solution:

If you'd prefer to use the vanilla recipe scheme, just open the railcraft.cfg file and set the tag "tweaks.rails.useOldRecipes" to true.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't be able to host the server all day, my computer isn't that good, and some of my flatmates make their livings or take college lessons online, but I can squeeze in an hour or two each night or so if we can agree on a time.

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Cresote oil is effectively free with time investment. You turn Coal into Coal Coke (twice the burn for no additional charge!) and get the oil for free as a byproduct. It actually comes out to less resources to do it via railcraft, considering you're making 16 at a time, rather than 8.

However, there's a simple solution:

If you'd prefer to use the vanilla recipe scheme, just open the railcraft.cfg file and set the tag "tweaks.rails.useOldRecipes" to true.
    how do you make the oven needed to actually make the cresote?, i tried it a few times but haven't figured it out
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #745

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    how do you make the oven needed to actually make the cresote?, i tried it a few times but haven't figured it out
    5 Sand and 4 Brick make one Coke Oven Brick of which you need 26.

It is then built in a 3x3 cube with the central block being a air space - once the last block is down the middle block of each side face will turn into a grill.

Holy crap! I once discovered that ship in my YogBox world! Then I uh, looted it of all it's iron, wool, obsidian, beds, and other stuff before I burned it down.
    Its on the list of Things to loot - i decided to make a alchemy bag to facilitate the endeavor 1st (that was its own comedy of errors)
    It involved the sacking of a pirate ship and the discovery of a CARuin that contains a Blaze, Cavespider and Silverfish spawner
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Also, abandoned mines still spawn plenty of tracks.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm using the Magic Launcher. It's awesome!

...Or at least, it would be awesome if I could get Modloader and Forge to work in it.

It says "18 errors" for Modloader and "13 errors" for Forge, but it won't tell me what those errors are, or how to fix them.

Help!

PLEASE!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Barbarian in the Playground

tongue Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

So, after doing a couple mob pathfinding tests in a creative world, I found an NPC village and decided to blow it up. After setting up, linking together, and igniting my TNT, here's the aftermath:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    I'm using the Magic Launcher. It's awesome!

...Or at least, it would be awesome if I could get Modloader and Forge to work in it.

It says "18 errors" for Modloader and "13 errors" for Forge, but it won't tell me what those errors are, or how to fix them.

Help!

PLEASE!
    ANYONE?!?!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    ANYONE?!?!
    It's been 10 hours since you asked. Chill.

In other news, I found out it wasn't just my computer that's having issues with getting Tekkit, I tried it on my other computer and it gave the same error.
    LGBTA+itP